Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,961 members, 7,942,438 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:00 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1070435 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by manover: 8:13am On Jun 06, 2013
Thank very much very clear smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
Hello Tzetzefly and other gurus in the house, I still remain my humble self, please there is a recent development in my case, I have everything set n ready for my B2 visa interview on Tuesday June 11@ Abuja , but I got a little problem cos the hotel I filled as my place of stay in the state is not the one I finally made a reservation with, cos they just informed me that they don't have a block or room for the 14 days I intend to stay. Is this ok to just leave my form the way it is and explain this to the VO at the interview or to refill another form If I should leave it that way, what will be my answer when the question " where are you gonna stay" arises

Please urgent reply is needed. God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:58pm On Jun 06, 2013
Asorock 1: Hello Tzetzefly and other gurus in the house, I still remain my humble self, please there is a recent development in my case, I have everything set n ready for my B2 visa interview on Tuesday June 11@ Abuja , but I got a little problem cos the hotel I filled as my place of stay in the state is not the one I finally made a reservation with, cos they just informed me that they don't have a block or room for the 14 days I intend to stay. Is this ok to just leave my form the way it is and explain this to the VO at the interview or to refill another form If I should leave it that way, what will be my answer when the question " where are you gonna stay" arises

Please urgent reply is needed. God bless you

You can update your DS-160 form to change your old accomodation and effect the new hotel booking. Try to follow these instructions :

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.html

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.html
Re: Usa Visit Visa by coolmrjohn: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
I didn't have any friends and relatives in usa but I have a woman that I date but we have not meet in person.. Can she send invitation to me to visit USA
Re: Usa Visit Visa by coolmrjohn: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
I didn't have any friends and relatives in usa but I have a woman that I date but we have not meet in person.. Can she send invitation to me to visit USAs
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
coolmrjohn: I didn't have any friends and relatives in usa but I have a woman that I date but we have not meet in person.. Can she send invitation to me to visit USAs

NO! Big NO. Don't even think of it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kudos to all d gurus here,pls I nid an urgent enlightenment my interview is in 2weeks time,pls I wnt to knw if I'm ask to sign an document cn I used my wife's signature cs she's d 1 dt she hs bn usin since she started filing for me,she's in US wit my kids,even though I hv my personal signature on my passport.I can sign her's very well,pls I ll b waitin for ur advice,thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
Signing someone elses name is fraud.
If you do that you are looking at refusal and probable ban.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 6:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
worry 359: Signing someone elses name is fraud.
If you do that you are looking at refusal and probable ban.

Thanks,I v tot abt it as a fraud signin smbdy else signature,dts why I wnt advice n oda thing is dt she filled form DS-3032 which gvs her power of attoney on my behalf,cn dt settle d signature issue,as in go ahead n signed my signature if nid arises durin my interview
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
Henries:
Thanks,I v tot abt it as a fraud signin smbdy else signature,dts why I wnt advice n oda thing is dt she filled form DS-3032 which gvs her power of attoney on my behalf,cn dt settle d signature issue,as in go ahead n signed my signature

Whatever you do, dont even go the way of signing signatures for someone else. You're fraternising with a life ban.

What you ought to do is ask her to send the package via Fedex, DHL or whichever is at her disposal and you in turn, can do the same by sending her side of the document for her signature. After which she can then send such signed documents back to you as the case maybe.

It will only cost you very little cash instead of getting banned......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
tzetzefly:

Whatever you do, dont even go the way of signing signatures for someone else. You're fraternising with a life ban.

What you ought to do is ask her to send the package via Fedex, DHL or whichever is at her disposal and you in turn, can do the same by sending her side of the document for her signature. After which she can then send such signed documents back to you as the case maybe.

It will only cost you very little cash instead of getting banned......
Thanks tzetzefly hv bn waitin for ur advise,wt cn u advise me to do incase I am askd to sign any document cs my interview is in 2 weeks time or is dia no possibility of them askin for my signature,thanks

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
Henries:
Thanks tzetzefly hv bn waitin for ur advise,wt cn u advise me to do incase I am askd to sign any document cs my interview is in 2 weeks time or is dia no possibility of them askin for my signature,thanks

Dont worry yourself regarding signing documents at the embassy. This will all be taken care of.

Documents relating to you will be presented by the embassy for you to sign and those for your wife will bear her pre-signed signature from DHS....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
tzetzefly:

Dont worry yourself regarding signing documents at the embassy. This will all be taken care of.

Documents relating to you will be presented by the embassy for you to sign and those for your wife will bear her pre-signed signature from DHS....
Thanks soo much,u hv done so well 4 me.I'm relief nw,she's presently wit her immigration lawyer,I ll kip u posted as soon as she's tru.God bless

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
Henries:
Thanks soo much,u hv done so well 4 me.I'm relief nw,she's presently wit her immigration lawyer,I ll kip u posted as soon as she's tru.God bless

No problem.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 10:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
tzetzefly:

No problem.....
Like u rightly advised,she zd her immigration lawyer zd I shldnt bother abt dt,I shld sign my signature jst in case am askd to sign.thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2013
Henries:
Thanks,I v tot abt it as a fraud signin smbdy else signature,dts why I wnt advice n oda thing is dt she filled form DS-3032 which gvs her power of attoney on my behalf,cn dt settle d signature issue,as in go ahead n signed my signature if nid arises durin my interview

DS3032 (Choice of Agent) does not give her a general power of attorney. It merely identifies her as teh person who will receive and submit information on your behalf to NVC. It does not allow he rto sign your signatures etc.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lakayanababy: 12:43am On Jun 07, 2013
Greetings Guru, and well wishers.

I a looking to apply for a us b2 visa, and have a few questions. Looking from the thread, applying to attend a conference seems to be an easier mode.

1. Can conference visas be subsequently used for regular visits/shopping trips? assuming one gets 2 years?

2. I am applying on a virgin passport (no travel history), but with a previous us refusal on an attempt to visit a relative some 5 months ago.

3. For marital status, can i choose 'other' and type in 'have a serious boyfriend or engaged'?

4. I know paid conferences are better, but can hotel accommodations just be reserved? just incase.... grin

I am looking to apply in a few months as my circumstances have changed since the last time I first applied - I have been promoted at my place of work and receive a higher salary now. I also got a car which I would term property cheesy

What are my chances?

Thank you in advance.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:18am On Jun 07, 2013
lakayanababy: Greetings Guru, and well wishers.

I a looking to apply for a us b2 visa, and have a few questions. Looking from the thread, applying to attend a conference seems to be an easier mode.

1. Can conference visas be subsequently used for regular visits/shopping trips? assuming one gets 2 years?

2. I am applying on a virgin passport (no travel history), but with a previous us refusal on an attempt to visit a relative some 5 months ago.

3. For marital status, can i choose 'other' and type in 'have a serious boyfriend or engaged'?

4. I know paid conferences are better, but can hotel accommodations just be reserved? just incase.... grin

I am looking to apply in a few months as my circumstances have changed since the last time I first applied - I have been promoted at my place of work and receive a higher salary now. I also got a car which I would term property cheesy

What are my chances?

Thank you in advance.

The category of visa you should be applying for is B1 and not B2 since you are going for a conference. For the avoidance of doubt, these are itemised for your perusal :

1. Tourism and Visit Visa (B-2) :

* Tourism

* Vacation (holiday) visit with friends or relatives

* Medical treatment

* Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations

* Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating

* Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two- day cooking class while on vacation).

2. Business Visa (B-1):

* Consult with business associates

* Attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference

* Settle an estate

* Negotiate a contract
Re: Usa Visit Visa by green24: 7:24am On Jun 07, 2013
I finally got my US visa approve on wednesday, to be pick up on monday, thanks to every member of dis forum

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:32am On Jun 07, 2013
green24: I finally got my US visa approve on wednesday, to be pick up on monday, thanks to every member of dis forum

That's great, have a wonderful trip....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 7:46am On Jun 07, 2013
green24: I finally got my US visa approve on wednesday, to be pick up on monday, thanks to every member of dis forum

Hey congratulations, please can you share you experience at the consulate here and which one is it? Abuja or lagos ?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by manover: 8:02am On Jun 07, 2013
Hello everyone on this forum. And special thanks for those answering question concerning visa issues. I need help on this questions. I am planning to attend a conference in 4th of October, can i apply for the visa in July? is it too early to apply for the visa since the conference is starting from 4th October and is 4 days conference.

2. I am a student, how can i show strong ties, that i will definitely come back to continue my studies. i will appreciate everyone's contribution and advice on this issue.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:12am On Jun 07, 2013
manover: Hello everyone on this forum. And special thanks for those answering question concerning visa issues. I need help on this questions. I am planning to attend a conference in 4th of October, can i apply for the visa in July? is it too early to apply for the visa since the conference is starting from 4th October and is 4 days conference.

2. I am a student, how can i show strong ties, that i will definitely come back to continue my studies. i will appreciate everyone's contribution and advice on this issue.

First, what is the benefit of the conference to your studies? This is what the CO will want to know.

Who's sponsoring your trip?

Do you have a travel history?

Are there any members of your family in the US?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by manover: 8:39am On Jun 07, 2013
tzetzefly Thanks very much,

1.Yes the conference is related to my field of studies,

2. my parents are my sponsor, but i am studying in Ghana,

3. I have travel history, i have been to Turkey.

4.Is it too early to apply for the conference in July when the conference date is 4th October?

5.Since I'm studying in Ghana, how will i show strong ties to my country Nigeria? But i always come home every holiday and i don't want to apply in Ghana.

6. I dont have family in US

waiting for your answers from Number 1 to 6. smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:12am On Jun 07, 2013
manover: tzetzefly Thanks very much,

1.Yes the conference is related to my field of studies,

2. my parents are my sponsor, but i am studying in Ghana,

3. I have travel history, i have been to Turkey.

4.Is it too early to apply for the conference in July when the conference date is 4th October?

5.Since I'm studying in Ghana, how will i show strong ties to my country Nigeria? But i always come home every holiday and i don't want to apply in Ghana.

6. I dont have family in US

waiting for your answers from Number 1 to 6. smiley

1. If related to your field, then you're good to go.

2. Ok. Your parents' statement of account will do just fine.

3. What was your reason for going to Turkey. Was it vacation or similar conference? If it is the latter, then it further increases your chance of securing the visa.

4. It is not too early for the US embassy. Infact travellers are encouraged to make their applications early enough before their travel dates. Except for F1 visa category.

5. If you apply from Ghana, it makes your case for a related conference to your studies solid. And a consent letter from your parents will be required by the CO.

But if you choose to apply from Nigeria, the CO will require a tie back home. Which in your case, is going to be difficult to prove as your place of residence is Ghana, invariably your tie.

6. Excellent, it removes any suspicion of an intending immigrant.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by green24: 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
[quote author=Asorock 1]

Hey congratulations, please can you share you experience at the consulate here and which one is it? Abuja or lagos ?[/quote
Me: good afternoon with smile
VO:where in d US are u going to
Me:Oklaoma
VO:To do what
Me:to attend a conference
VO:what is ur monthly salary
ME: .40,000naira
VO: u work as what
Me: Accontant
VO:have u travel before
ME: Yes, dubai and ghana
VO: Are u married
ME: Yes
VO: are u pregnant
Me: No
VO: where in Oklahoma are u going
Me: Jenks
Ur visa as been approve,pick up on monday, I did d interveiw in lagos

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
Pls,I ll b havin my medical @ q-life family clinic on monday,jst wnt to knw if anybdy has d idea of its cost implication n stuffs to take along while goin dia.tanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nkutet: 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
[quote author=green24][/quote]

Congrats,
Did u write u earn N40k as ur monthly income, pls hw much was in ur statemant of account.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lakayanababy: 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
Thank you for clearing that up, Tzetzefly.. Can you advise on the questions and ignore my mistake on the visa class.. Thanks a lot.

tzetzefly:

The category of visa you should be applying for is B1 and not B2 since you are going for a conference. For the avoidance of doubt, these are itemised for your perusal :

1. Tourism and Visit Visa (B-2) :

* Tourism

* Vacation (holiday) visit with friends or relatives

* Medical treatment

* Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations

* Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating

* Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two- day cooking class while on vacation).

2. Business Visa (B-1):

* Consult with business associates

* Attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference

* Settle an estate

* Negotiate a contract
Re: Usa Visit Visa by green24: 5:14am On Jun 08, 2013
I mean ...thousand naira, what u earn is what really matter not d amount u have in ur account cause no document will be check
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 11:43am On Jun 08, 2013
green24: I mean ...thousand naira, what u earn is what really matter not d amount u have in ur account cause no document will be check

It's still not clear , please do you mean 40,000 naira ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
lakayanababy: Greetings Guru, and well wishers.

What are my chances?

Thank you in advance.

Conference, Visit or whatever category of visa at that is not always as difficult as it is made to look, as long as you have the requirements.

1. You cannot make use of a conference visa for visiting. You will be refused entry by the CBP officer at the US entry port.

2. Being a virgin passport will only work against you if you do not have a stable job in an agency or organisation with a solid reputation in Nigeria. Your previous denial may have no bearing on this new application as your circumstance may have changed in 5 months.

3. Type engaged. And i hope you both are ready to knot it wink

4. Yes, a reserved accomodation is good. But note that an unpaid accomodation works mostly for people with previous travel experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (323)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.