Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,065 members, 7,931,653 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:17 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1069704 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

XYZ NIGERIA LIMITED. OK??

describe your duty. E.G I take sole responsibility in the day to day activities of the company and also control the expenditure budget. Correct

Only you can answer that question yourself. It is your company and you should know better....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bolanleife(f): 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hello all, I have really found this forum very educative. I intend to have my baby in the U.S. Never been there before. My husband already has a 2 year visa which expired sometimes last month. we intend to apply together very soon. My questions are

1) Would it be a good idea to apply together or individually (because i already have a slight budge)
2) Does my husband previous visa increases my chances of getting the visa or not

Honest responses would be very much appreciated.
I have been to the U.K 3ce.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 8:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
Please I am looking for a conference that is related to psychology. the ones im seeing the registration is very expensive ranging from like 500 usd to 1000 usd please advise thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by uist: 11:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
http://www.istss.org/Home1.htm check this out,,,, its related to your field the conference is from 7 Nov to 9 Nov.

OR

http://www.apa.org/index.aspx (American Psychological Association) register as international attendee. and request for invitation letter for your visa application. everything is on their website. Hope this could help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:13am On Jun 18, 2013
bolanleife: Hello all, I have really found this forum very educative. I intend to have my baby in the U.S. Never been there before. My husband already has a 2 year visa which expired sometimes last month. we intend to apply together very soon. My questions are

1) Would it be a good idea to apply together or individually (because i already have a slight budge)
2) Does my husband previous visa increases my chances of getting the visa or not

Honest responses would be very much appreciated.
I have been to the U.K 3ce.

1. Obtaining an entry visa to give birth in the States, requires proof that you have funds to the tune of at least $140,000. This is regarded as confirmation of your ability to pay for your medical bills in the States in case of complications.

2. You should both apply together. The CO will want to see a certain family bond between you both.

3. Your husband's previous US visa has no impact on this new application. He will still be treated as a potential immigrant by the CO. Your husband needs to prove that he will be returning back to Nigerian at the expiration of his stay in the US.

4. His previous US visa has no positive outcome on your own application. You will also be treated as an immigrant until you prove otherwise.

5. Your past trips to the UK, are good travel experience that may sway the CO in your favour if you can both show you have $140,000 in your account and that your pregnancy is a high risk one requiring urgent medical attention.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by boldbabe: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2013
bolanleife,
1. You can apply with your husband, u just need to prove that you both will return back.
2. To increase your chances since you already have a budge, when asked the reason for going to the US, be specific and say its for child birth. Do not lie to the CO.
3. If you can, pay your hospital bills and take them along, because you will be asked if you know the total cost of child birth in the US and in that way, you can present your receipts to the Officer, though the CO might not want to see it.The officer just want to know if you have the idea of the total cost of child birth. The total cost also depends on where you intend staying as location differs with price but the issue of $140,000 isnt true at all.
4. Ensure you both have a job back here and your travel history will definitely help you.
5. Finally, pray well and beg God to help you because that is the ultimate.

Good luck in your visa quest.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by sowu: 8:43am On Jun 19, 2013
Hello house pls wot type dress do u think is suitable for a conference interview at d us embassy Native,Shirt&trouser or suit.please need ur response soon
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:01am On Jun 19, 2013
sowu: Hello house pls wot type dress do u think is suitable for a conference interview at d us embassy Native,Shirt&trouser or suit.please need ur response soon

Appear neat and presentable. All the outfits mentioned are ok. Put on any of the attires that you feel will give you a level of self confidence. You need all the help you can get to cushion any form of nervousness......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bolanleife(f): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2013
Thank you TseTsefly and BoldBabe
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sowu: 11:43am On Jun 19, 2013
tHanks for d quick response tzetzefly,pls another question is does a refusal stamp on a passport affect another visa application? Like now u ve travelled to 2countries and also being refused visa to another country too den u re applying to us now hope d refusal won't affect d application

tzetzefly:

Appear neat and presentable. All the outfits mentioned are ok. Put on any of the attires that you feel will give you a level of self confidence. You need all the help you can get to cushion any form of nervousness......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by steptaiwo: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
i want to register for an electrical engineering conference on CONFERENCEALERTS.COM but checking now i found out that the conference on that is to be held sometime very soon i need something like september to december anybody who could help with a conference site where i can get something of my choice i will be greatful. thanks will be expecting a reply from you my naialanders as soon as possible. bigups
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
sowu: tHanks for d quick response tzetzefly,pls another question is does a refusal stamp on a passport affect another visa application? Like now u ve travelled to 2countries and also being refused visa to another country too den u re applying to us now hope d refusal won't affect d application

The US embassy does not take matters of that nature seriously except your refusal was based on some of these crimes against the State :

1. Being presumed to be a threat to the US security.

2. Aiding and abetting persons involved in terrorist acts.

3. Trafficking in persons among other State crimes.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sowu: 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
Thanks tzetzwfly, not refused based on any of dat oo, just d normal france refusal storry

tzetzefly:

The US embassy does not take matters of that nature seriously except your refusal was based on some of these crimes against the State :

1. Being presumed to be a threat to the US security.

2. Aiding and abetting persons involved in terrorist acts.

3. Trafficking in persons among other State crimes.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
sowu: Thanks tzetzwfly, not refused based on any of dat oo, just d normal france refusal storry

Then it shouldnt be a problem, your stamp....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
FrontPageLawyer

We dey wait ur testimony bro
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
israel007: FrontPageLawyer

We dey wait ur testimony bro

LOL.

CO. Good morning
Me. Good morning

CO. What will you be doing in the US?
Me: sightseeing and shopping

CO: Places you want to visit?
Me: metropolitan museum of art in NYC, ellis island, eye to eye view of statue of liberty through helicopter ride.

CO: where do you work?
Me: managing director at XYZ

CO: how long have you been working there?
Me: 7months. ( wanted to explain my past jobs which was stated on the form before i resigned to established my coy that worth millions, but she skipped to the next question)

CO: have you traveled out of Nigeria?
Me: Yes, dubai

CO: Are you married?
Me: Yes with kids.

CO: why are your family not traveling with you?
Me: wife will be busy at work during that period.

CO: Ok, unfortunately i'll reject your application today.....bla bla bla. Handed the white paper to me.
Me. It's not a problem. Thank you.

I vex because, i nor believe my eyes, na so ame-lica visa hard? My first time sha! Maybe CO wanted me to apply with the whole family of four, so em go fit reject our applications, make 104k in 2mins. Help me shout hallelujah still. Going back to work. Will try december.

GOD bless tzetzefly and gbenga77. Learnt a lot here, but e pain me small. I hate rejection
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
Who knows the way to europe? smiley smiley smileyPlease help, don't wanna spend summer in naija.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by annabelmom: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hi all, im really excited to discover this site is very educative. Thanks to you all for your advice and contributions, nigerians sure are intelligent. Im proud of you all.Please i need your advice concerning visa to us, i planned applying for a visit visa with my children(2 of them), my husband already has a 2year visa, i hv been to uk once, SA once, Dubai twice and Ghana twice. my husband has a cousin in US, but he is suggesting we apply without his cousin's involvement. That we should state we are going for a vacation. Now my question is (1)how do we find a holiday package to visit new york
(2) if the VO asked if i have a relation in US, should i say yes or No, since d person is my husband's relation
(3) how can i get a cheap hotel yet nice to book in New York. Thanks for anticipated wise counsel
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

LOL.

CO. Good morning
Me. Good morning

Me: metropolitan museum of art in NYC, ellis island, eye to eye view of statue of liberty through helicopter ride.

Me: 7months. ( wanted to explain my past jobs which was stated on the form before i resigned to established my coy that worth millions, but she skipped to the next question)

CO: Ok, unfortunately i'll reject your application today.....bla bla bla. Handed the white paper to me.

I vex because, i nor believe my eyes, na so ame-lica visa hard? My first time sha! Maybe CO wanted me to apply with the whole family of four, so em go fit reject our applications, make 104k in 2mins. Help me shout hallelujah still. Going back to work. Will try december.

GOD bless tzetzefly and gbenga77. Learnt a lot here, but e pain me small. I hate rejection

Your interview wasnt so bad, but you made your refusal easy for her (CO). You had it coming from your reply to that first question:

What will you be doing in the US?
Your reply was too simple and illogical sightseeing and shopping are part of a broader holiday package. You cant take a thousand miles travel from home just to shop and sightsee. It should have been self vacation/holiday. Since you were doing it all alone.

Just for next time, it would have been appropriate of you to say, taking this holiday alone from the stress of work as your family is not accompanying you on this trip. This would have given you an offensive approach from the next question by the CO.

The other questions where just formalities asked by her so as not to give you the impression she dislikes your person.

I like your spirit...

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
tzetzefly:

Your interview wasnt so bad, but you made your refusal easy for her (CO). You had it coming from your reply to that first question:

What will you be doing in the US?
Your reply was too simple and illogical sightseeing and shopping are part of a broader holiday package. You cant take a thousand miles travel from home just to shop and sightsee. It should have been self vacation/holiday. Since you were doing it all alone.

Just for next time, it would have been appropriate of you to say, taking this holiday alone from the stress of work as your family is not accompanying you on this trip. This would have given you an offensive approach from the next question by the CO.

The other questions where just formalities asked by her so as not to give you the impression she dislikes your person.

I like your spirit...

Thanks. You're too much

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
annabelmom: Hi all, im really excited to discover this site is very educative. Thanks to you all for your advice and contributions, nigerians sure are intelligent. Im proud of you all.Please i need your advice concerning visa to us, i planned applying for a visit visa with my children(2 of them), my husband already has a 2year visa, i hv been to uk once, SA once, Dubai twice and Ghana twice. my husband has a cousin in US, but he is suggesting we apply without his cousin's involvement. That we should state we are going for a vacation. Now my question is (1)how do we find a holiday package to visit new york
(2) if the VO asked if i have a relation in US, should i say yes or No, since d person is my husband's relation
(3) how can i get a cheap hotel yet nice to book in New York. Thanks for anticipated wise counsel

If you claim to have a relation in the US, there will be questions for you to answer regarding his/her profile. And if you fail in this area, then it's a good bye to your application fees.

So in my opinion, if you dont have a solid information about that person in the US, it's best you pretend he/she never existed.

For your holiday vacation to New York, try :

www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g60763-New_York_City_New_York-Vacations.html

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:05am On Jun 20, 2013
good morning gurus. After the denial yesterday, I concluded the CO wasn't convince about my family, since it was her last question, why I wasn't traveling with them.

in my next application, I have decided to travel with the whole team four of us december.

there is a problem. I got married 2008, my wife went for visa interview while we were dating 2007. She used her real name "Abigail Ekpo" real age, fake documents. In the application form she filled spouse's name as advised by the agent "shawn EKPO" Shawn is my first name and EKPO is her own surname. She just told me about that now. Really don'tknow why they involved me in their wahala.

Now in her e-passport she has "Abigail mysurname", our genuine marriage cetificate 2008.

Since she was fingerprinted in 2007, I am very sure this will affect our application. Please advise on what to do. Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oyinposh27: 9:35am On Jun 20, 2013
hi house thanx for the advice,please i have a friend that was given a usa visiting visa in may,buh due to change in circumstances she had to forgo her leave and re scheduled it for september.please would she have a problem at the point of entry,thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 10:13am On Jun 20, 2013
Please I want to know whether its good to use an invitation from a family member or book a hotel and use that one at the interviwcos please am really confused nd need urgent help...thanks in advance...ps:am going with my wife.we are young and we both 23.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by annabelmom: 10:54am On Jun 20, 2013
Thanks tzetzefly. God bless
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 11:00am On Jun 20, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

LOL.

CO. Good morning
Me. Good morning

Bro it's ok. Better luck next time. Their rejection doesn't mean you are not qualify it means they need more of your cash.

You will be fine.

NOW IN MY DEEP VOICE:

You hate rejection; na me like rejection? Mtcheeew
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:34am On Jun 20, 2013
dream23: Please I want to know whether its good to use an invitation from a family member or book a hotel and use that one at the interviwcos please am really confused nd need urgent help...thanks in advance...ps:am going with my wife.we are young and we both 23.

You must be kidding me, married and you're both just 23yrs, such a young age. Your age is going to be the CO's area of concerntration. Hope you both have jobs and have travelled together previously on few occassions?

Your travel experience together will work for you if you have one, and an invitation from a relative in the States who will accomodate you, will be better for your case.

You have to be convincing to the CO to get that visa, trust me.....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:40am On Jun 20, 2013
oyinposh27: hi house thanx for the advice,please i have a friend that was given a usa visiting visa in may,buh due to change in circumstances she had to forgo her leave and re scheduled it for september.please would she have a problem at the point of entry,thanks

Travel circumstance do change, going by September will not be a problem for your friend at all.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:55am On Jun 20, 2013
israel007:

Bro it's ok. Better luck next time. Their rejection doesn't mean you are not qualify it means they need more of your cash.

You will be fine.

NOW IN MY DEEP VOICE:

You hate rejection; na me like rejection? Mtcheeew

my cash ke? no wahala then, 26,400 won't kill me. i'm ready to give them until they give me the visa. have never thought of visiting the USA until I visited this section. was wondering why people are been denied until yesterday when the young lady gave me the shock of my life. I was like " a whole me" have you been denied before?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:57am On Jun 20, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: good morning gurus. After the denial yesterday, I concluded the CO wasn't convince about my family, since it was her last question, why I wasn't traveling with them.

in my next application, I have decided to travel with the whole team four of us december.

there is a problem. I got married 2008, my wife went for visa interview while we were dating 2007. She used her real name "Abigail Ekpo" real age, fake documents. In the application form she filled spouse's name as advised by the agent "shawn EKPO" Shawn is my first name and EKPO is her own surname. She just told me about that now. Really don'tknow why they involved me in their wahala.

Now in her e-passport she has "Abigail mysurname", our genuine marriage cetificate 2008.

Since she was fingerprinted in 2007, I am very sure this will affect our application. Please advise on what to do. Thank you.

tzetzefly, gbenga77, please i'm waiting for expert judgment
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 11:59am On Jun 20, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

my cash ke? no wahala then, 26,400 won't kill me. i'm ready to give them until they give me the visa. have never thought of visiting the USA until I visited this section. was wondering why people are been denied until yesterday when the young lady gave me the shock of my life. I was like " a whole me" have you been denied before?

Yea I was denied in 2006 by an angry co who was turned off by 2 elderly couple. They engaged her in almost physical battle if not for the barricade so she was really red. I got there and it was sorry you don't qualify. Not allied since then though. But I plan to sometime in December or February.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: good morning gurus. After the denial yesterday, I concluded the CO wasn't convince about my family, since it was her last question, why I wasn't traveling with them.

Your wife's case just complicated matters for your recent denial. Now every CO you come across will think you know of the initial mis-representation by your wife in 2007, which presumably was the reason you applied alone in 2013.

She has come up with how many names already:

Abigail Ekpo
Shawn Ekpo used for her US application 2007
Abigail Shawn FrontPageLawyer presently....

She claimed to be married in 2007 with name number two in the US records.

And now a new marriage in 2008 with name number three.

Is either she comes up with a divorce letter with paper publications to buttress her claim for this new marriage in 2008, or she gets seriously banned from entering the US....

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (323)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.