Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,137 members, 7,907,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:19 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1067680 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by smithremmy: 11:39am On Jun 28, 2013
tzetzefly:

His status has already changed with his travel experience. The only hindrance is when the CO starts pondering why an applicant who got refused four times for a US visa albeit for tourism, now suddenly decides to change his profile as going for conference.

And mind you this applicant has never travelled for any conference related journey in his numerous past trips abroad. Now his decision is to apply again at one of the US Missions for conference.

The CO's are trained / paid to identify a potential immigrant metres away. They are not always right though....

Aswell I have been denied a visiting visa 2 tyms hope they will issue me a student visa

Hello house what's the hospital that america recomend for medical on f1 visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dkgetmuny: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2013
balotelli: Hello House
what do you think are the concrete reasons i can give at the embassy for wanting to visit the US ,i plan 5 days at maryland with an Aunt and 5 days at los Angeles with my Childhood pal .
. The concrete reason shld be d main reason for visiting d US
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
balotelli: Hello House
what do you think are the concrete reasons i can give at the embassy for wanting to visit the US ,i plan 5 days at maryland with an Aunt and 5 days at los Angeles with my Childhood pal .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
smithremmy:

Aswell I have been denied a visiting visa 2 tyms hope they will issue me a student visa

Hello house what's the hospital that america recomend for medical on f1 visa

No medicals for F1.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
let me re phrase what reasons can i give at the embassy that will sound very convincing and the VO will be satisfied when applying for a visting visa to see an aunt and a childhood pal .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by PeterAruya: 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
Pls guyz in d huz,i nid an answer to d followin question.'can sm1 who has bn given a 2year multiple entry visa for a conference in d states decide nt 2cm bak afta d conference is ova?if yes,wat steps cn d person take?pls i nid ansa ASAP.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
@ Aruya the step to take if a person wants to stay back in the US is........ .to stay back and not return the I-94 card which is the proof that you've returned to your country. If a person chooses not to come back after such a trip, it means they will be penalized when eventually found out. Usually the I-94 white card is put in the passport on entering the US and specifies a stay not exceeding 6 mths. Beyond that, one would have to sustain one's self and attempt to get a job which will be difficult without a social security number which you DON'T get as a visitor. A stay more than 6 mths but less than 1 yr will attract a 3 yr ban while a stay beyond 1 yr attracts a 10 yr ban. As many ppl will tell you, it is not so easy settling in the US even for those there legally, even a few DV lottery winners have admitted to such; pls let that person count the cost well before making that decision. Friends hosting you during a conference/ vacation expect you to leave after a few weeks and one would be surprised how tough they can be on you once it is clear you wanna stay indefinitely.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lilbro(m): 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
hello tsetsefly pls help asap cos am having issues filling my DS160 form online, thats in the area of filling the u.s point of contact information. my question is do i use the hotel name as my point of contact info since i am going via hotel booking reservation and not a visiting information.
tzetzefly:

There is clearly something you're not doing right in your applications. But i tend to wonder how you come about obtaining the UK visas for yourself and family, and fail to get the Canadian TRV.

Actually there's nothing to fear in the US visa application process. The CO only wants to know that you're a genuine traveller willign to depart the US before the expiration of your stay. Once you can prove this, then they have no reason to refuse your application.

Between 2005 and 2008 when you applied, there must have been a process you followed and documents you presented. It is necessary we know what you encountered during that period, for us to advise you accordingly....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lilbro(m): 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
sorry my question is do i use the hotel name as my point of contact info since i am going via hotel booking reservation and not a visiting invitation.

lilbro: hello tsetsefly pls help asap cos am having issues filling my DS160 form online, thats in the area of filling the u.s point of contact information. my question is do i use the hotel name as my point of contact info since i am going via hotel booking reservation and not a visiting information.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2013
lilbro: sorry my question is do i use the hotel name as my point of contact info since i am going via hotel booking reservation and not a visiting invitation.

You can use your hotel name as the contact person in the States....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lilbro(m): 10:19am On Jun 30, 2013
ok thanks alot, i just took the bull by the horn and already did that before i got ur response today
i was also able to book an appointment for july ending. as the appointment dates were already booked but free from July 27 - Aug 2nd. God has bin truly faithfull, i am keeping my fingers crossed till the interview date. i ll come back and post my interview session with the CO in a months time. whish me good luck guys and stay blessed.

tzetzefly:

You can use your hotel name as the contact person in the States....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2013
Quick question people. Please how long does it take to get visa to relocate to meet a US citizen - American
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lilbro(m): 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
pls can u tell us about ur interview, was it thru an invitation or hotel reservation or conference? what documents where u asked to show by the CO or where not asked to show any? what questions where u asked by the CO and most importantly how long did u fast and pray.....kindly itemize ur own scenario so we can learn from u too.
Thanks

dkgetmuny: bn following this thread for a while...well let me drop my widows mite...the key to obtaining american visa is to be honest, self confident and smart. those consular guyz r highly trained and u may fink dey read minds..i am sorry but i dont buy dat travel history theory..i got my US visa on a virgin passport...i had never travelled out in my life..dat was my first passport and my first visa...u may want to say its an exception but even subsequent visit to the embassy, i saw many odaz wif travel history rejected and many without travel history approved...take d ryt and authentic documents, av a good course to travel and above all be prayerful..answer questions asked directly and dont do over sabi..dont show desperation(even if u not goina come back)....all d best

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
tzetzefly&other gurus in d house,pls my immigrant visa interview courtesy of my wife coms up ds week pls wnt 2 knw if i ll nid 2 do any payment though no mail to it frm NVC,then wat r d likely question if dia is any idea.God bless
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dkgetmuny: 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
lilbro: pls can u tell us about ur interview, was it thru an invitation or hotel reservation or conference? what documents where u asked to show by the CO or where not asked to show any? what questions where u asked by the CO and most importantly how long did u fast and pray.....kindly itemize ur own scenario so we can learn from u too.
Thanks

Well I went for my brodaz wedding and I got an invitation letter to dat effect tho I wasn't asked for it..I wasn't asked for any document..just a few basic questions like what m I goina do in d us, hw long will I stay and what do I do for a living
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2013
Henries: tzetzefly&other gurus in d house,pls my immigrant visa interview courtesy of my wife coms up ds week pls wnt 2 knw if i ll nid 2 do any payment though no mail to it frm NVC,then wat r d likely question if dia is any idea.God bless
waitin patiently 4 meaningful advice,tanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
Henries: tzetzefly&other gurus in d house,pls my immigrant visa interview courtesy of my wife coms up ds week pls wnt 2 knw if i ll nid 2 do any payment though no mail to it frm NVC,then wat r d likely question if dia is any idea.God bless

Be calm, you will be informed at the embassy on the procedure to follow and the money to pay if required. The questions are just basic ones like how you met your wife, when you got married, how many kids you both have, what you do for a living etc....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 7:22am On Jul 01, 2013
tzetzefly:

Be calm, you will be informed at the embassy on the procedure to follow and the money to pay. The questions are just basic ones like how you met your wife, when you got married, how many kids you both have, what you do for a living etc....
The petitioner pays all money involve in the process to NVC. The beneficiary just shows up for the interview with the necessary documents. Hope you have your spouse current income tax transcript.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 8:12am On Jul 01, 2013
babbs45: The petitioner pays all money involve in the process to NVC. The beneficiary just shows up for the interview with the necessary documents. Hope you have your spouse current income tax transcript.
yes,all d duplicate of d documents she submitted hs bn sent to me includin d tax stuff frm 2010 till date n receipt she collected frm all d payment she made @NVC,pls additional informations ll b appreciate.tanx n God bless
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:00am On Jul 01, 2013
Henries: yes,all d duplicate of d documents she submitted hs bn sent to me includin d tax stuff frm 2010 till date n receipt she collected frm all d payment she made @NVC,pls additional informations ll b appreciate.tanx n God bless

There is really nothing for you to worry about as long as your documents are genuine and you both are legally married. Please take your time to go through this information:

www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2991.html
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:20am On Jul 01, 2013
israel007: Quick question people. Please how long does it take to get visa to relocate to meet a US citizen - American

It depends on who the US citizen is to you: father, mother, siblings or spouse....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2013
tzetzefly:

It depends on who the US citizen is to you: father, mother, siblings or spouse....

Spouse.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
israel007:

Spouse.

The length of time varies from case to case and cannot be predicted for individual cases with any accuracy. We are talking about several months or years on a case by case basis.

Some cases are delayed because applicants do not follow instructions carefully.

Sometimes the U.S. sponsor, or petitioner, cannot meet Affidavit of Support requirements.

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
tzetzefly:

The length of time varies from case to case and cannot be predicted for individual cases with any accuracy. We are talking about several months or years on a case by case basis.

Some cases are delayed because applicants do not follow instructions carefully.

Sometimes the U.S. sponsor, or petitioner, cannot meet Affidavit of Support requirements.

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer.

Ok thanks man.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
Most of the posters don't sound like they qualify for a visit visa to the USA.
I don't mean it in a disparaging way, mind you. But it's easy to understand how the COs view Nigerian applicants.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by lilbro(m): 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
AjanleKoko: Most of the posters don't sound like they qualify for a visit visa to the USA.
I don't mean it in a disparaging way, mind you. But it's easy to understand how the COs view Nigerian applicants.
Pls can u be more explicit. We r all learnig. Give scenarios n throw more light on ur contribution thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 4:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
lilbro:
Pls can u be more explicit. We r all learnig. Give scenarios n throw more light on ur contribution thanks.

Well . . . I am just wondering how you will expect to be given a nonimmigrant (visit) visa to the US, if you don't earn a reasonable amount of money, and have significant ties to Nigeria.

By ties I mean, ideally you are a settled family person with children, a stable income, high by Nigerian standards, and at least have travelled to some extent to other locations for business or pleasure. The cost of a return air ticket to US for one person can be as high as N400k on some airlines, especially during summer. If you don't even earn that much in a month . . . well, I struggle to understand how you will be able to prove to the CO that you can pay for your trip.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lilbro(m): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2013
True talk my brother. Now i dig u.
AjanleKoko:

Well . . . I am just wondering how you will expect to be given a nonimmigrant (visit) visa to the US, if you don't earn a reasonable amount of money, and have significant ties to Nigeria.

By ties I mean, ideally you are a settled family person with children, a stable income, high by Nigerian standards, and at least have travelled to some extent to other locations for business or pleasure. The cost of a return air ticket to US for one person can be as high as N400k on some airlines, especially during summer. If you don't even earn that much in a month . . . well, I struggle to understand how you will be able to prove to the CO that you can pay for your trip.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Raahym(m): 10:02am On Jul 02, 2013
Hi All,

Please advise am planning on visiting the United States with my family (myself, wife and child). Do i have to fill in a different Application for my wife or just include her and my child in my own application. And does this mean we will pay double or tripple application fee?

Regards
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 10:04am On Jul 02, 2013
Raahym: Hi All,

Please advise am planning on visiting the United States with my family (myself, wife and child). Do i have to fill in a different Application for my wife or just include her and my child in my own application. And does this mean we will pay double or tripple application fee?

Regards

You have to fill out the DS-160 for everyone who is applying.
And you need to pay the application fee for each of you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by GboyegaD(m): 10:54am On Jul 02, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I am not so convinced about the family tie people stress regarding visa. I have once gotten the US student visa and now a visiting visa after graduation and was never asked anything about family ties.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (323)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.