Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,386 members, 7,971,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:29 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1073269 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Love300: 4:15am On Jul 10, 2013
Copiousworld:

I am in the process of renewing my visa. Could you pls explain this better.

When i got to the embassy, the lady outside arranging the queue said that for renewal its going to be very fast as they have a dropbox system. So we all got talking saying but they have stopped that process and we will still get interview. i was even going on that maybe she should have used another word and not the dropbox since we still all had to go inside and see a CO.

Immediately i entered the embassy and took my callup nos, we were all told to join a queue or sit down and wait for our numbers to be called ( this was just past 7am and the CO's were Nigerian, the foreign CO's counters were not yet open as they were just arriving to work).

when my number got called, the lady asked for my papers which i handed over my passport, 2 passport photograph and DS160 confirmation page. She stapled one passport photo to the DS160 form and returned the other to me. She then scanned the barcode and asked me where my pickup location was.

I told her Lekki and she ticked on the white paper, DHL Muri Okunola and told me to pick up on Thursday.

However i noticed after some people saw the Nigeria CO's they were told to sit down to wait for interview.

This was my third renewal and i retrieved my last DS160 form on their website, so i only updated my last travel information and expected travel date on the new DS160 form i submitted.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Copiousworld: 5:39am On Jul 10, 2013
Love300:

When i got to the embassy, the lady outside arranging the queue said that for renewal its going to be very fast as they have a dropbox system. So we all got talking saying but they have stopped that process and we will still get interview. i was even going on that maybe she should have used another word and not the dropbox since we still all had to go inside and see a CO.

Immediately i entered the embassy and took my callup nos, we were all told to join a queue or sit down and wait for our numbers to be called ( this was just past 7am and the CO's were Nigerian, the foreign CO's counters were not yet open as they were just arriving to work).

when my number got called, the lady asked for my papers which i handed over my passport, 2 passport photograph and DS160 confirmation page. She stapled one passport photo to the DS160 form and returned the other to me. She then scanned the barcode and asked me where my pickup location was.

I told her Lekki and she ticked on the white paper, DHL Muri Okunola and told me to pick up on Thursday.

However i noticed after some people saw the Nigeria CO's they were told to sit down to wait for interview.

This was my third renewal and i retrieved my last DS160 form on their website, so i only updated my last travel information and expected travel date on the new DS160 form i submitted.

Thank you so very much. This is a good development i think.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by james233: 10:01am On Jul 10, 2013
guys,hope u all good....am james and a hotel manager in Ghana......i have a monyhs leave and i want to travel to the states for two weeks...i dont have a relative therecos they are all in UK so how can i go or where should i start....i make GHC 1300 a month month.... i have been to UK MALAYSIA AUSTRALIA....please any quick advice would be appreciated cos i now have 3 weeks 4days left on my leave....and i here something about conference,how does that work??///thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 10:03am On Jul 10, 2013
Love300:

That's correct.
Experienced the same thing last week when I did a renewal. No questions, nothing. Was even attended to by a Nigerian lady sef.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by james233: 10:35am On Jul 10, 2013
guys,hope u all good....am james and a hotel manager in Ghana......i have a monyhs leave and i want to travel to the states for two weeks...i dont have a relative therecos they are all in UK so how can i go or where should i start....i make GHC 1300 a month month.... i have been to UK MALAYSIA AUSTRALIA....please any quick advice would be appreciated cos i now have 3 weeks 4days left on my leave....and i here something about conference,how does that work??///thank
Re: Usa Visit Visa by afulstop: 11:34am On Jul 10, 2013
@ love300 hi there, could you kindly speculate if the other applicants were for renewal as well. Also do u think its advisable to change certain info on the DS160 form for renewal purposes like hotel if indeed you are going to another state. @ ajanlekoko pls what time was your interview.
Also i am going for a sixth renewal and my 6 yr old child is doing a third renewal but didn't use his last visa. How do you think this would fly. Kindly advice tnx .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
afulstop: @ love300 hi there, could you kindly speculate if the other applicants were for renewal as well. Also do u think its advisable to change certain info on the DS160 form for renewal purposes like hotel if indeed you are going to another state. @ ajanlekoko pls what time was your interview.
Also i am going for a sixth renewal and my 6 yr old child is doing a third renewal but didn't use his last visa. How do you think this would fly. Kindly advice tnx .

My interview was 26th June.
I don't think you need to bother too much about this. Just apply and show up on the interview date. All will be revealed wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by coolmrjohn: 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
Please can anybody explain how to to invite a woman from usa to nigeria ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by coolmrjohn: 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
Please can anybody explain how to invite a woman from usa to nigeria ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by coolmrjohn: 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] hello niralanders, can any body tell me how to invite woman from usa to nigeria. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
coolmrjohn: Please can anybody explain how to invite a woman from usa to nigeria ?

Go to nigerian. Immigration service website and read on the procedure ore written an invitation letter to the lady and how to take undertaken inrespect to her immigration liabilities during her stay here in nigeria.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bet2020(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
Pls house, help me to answer dis question...i got an invite for a conference of an organisation i belong to in Nigeria that will hold its international conference in US..i have been told that they will pay for my flight ticket n hotel accomodation, that i am to settle for my Visa fee n other additional fee which i suspect to be BTA fee...my question is how much do i need to have in my account to qualify me in getting a visa coz, they said it is important too? ..........note: the flight ticket etal will be taken care of by d president of my organisation, so don't think am about been duped...will appreciate a quick respond..thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by afulstop: 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
@ajanlekoko yeah, tanx. What time of day was your interview?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
afulstop: @ajanlekoko yeah, tanx. What time of day was your interview?

Too much info. undecided
If you have been doing renewals, you should already know what time the Embassy normally attends to such.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by baani(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
good day,

i have been reading questions and your replies on as regards this issue and i want to

thx u for all the information you have dropped. i wants to apply for a visit visa to the

u.s, and i want to paint you ma scenario and see what your opinion and advice is on this.

i recently got a job (a network engr), i wont say ma pay is in millions or hundreds

of thousands but i at the moment hv a lot in my account mounting to hundreds of thousand

(my job gives me the opportunity of running some personal deals that can gv me tht amt of

money which i cant document, i believe you knw wat i mean), i have never travelled out of

the country and based on that i dont feel convinced that if i present my current employment

documents it will secure me a visa.

i want to ask some friend of mine who owns an oil and gas company to lay claim

that i work in his firm and who will give me all the required documents i need for the

interview.

i am also thinking of using my mum as my sponsor, since i cant provide adequate

documents stating how i hv so much money in my account, she works with the Nigeria

immigration service.

or shud i just go with my company and hope for the best

i would like to have your opinion on this, il appreciate whatever informative

response i get

ps: what does it mean wen u say documents tht link one to ones social or family ties (what

kind of documents are required)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
@ Baani, if you wanna go ahead, then you should take the matter in your hands and apply with your own information. Let's say you work with ABC company for 1 yr and your salary is 100k monthly but 250k goes through your account. Rather than claim your job pays you 250k keep it simple and say you earn 100k. Remember you put your office details in the DS 160 form, if you claim u earn more than the industry average it may raise a red flag. Besides you'd also give a brief summary of your duties on the job on that form. A friend claiming he is your employer may be a little clumsy if questions regarding that job come up. You are in probably in your 20s @ least and are employed; It won't look good to say your mother is sponsoring your trip. it sounds like you're hiding something. You can have a friend invite you and hold that inviation letter for the interview and know about that friend well enough if questions come up. that way the cost of your trip is limited to just your ticket fees and a little spending money.

I got my US visa as a single girl so it's not binding claiming to have strong family ties or landed properties and so on. Besides they rarely view your documents anyway so make your info on the form super tight but as simple as possible. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by baani(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
@blawi1, thanks for your reply i do appreciate. ok so this is my state, i earn less than 100k, i hv only worked for for less than one yr though i did my nysc in the same company(i hv documents to prove that), i studied hard, worked hard and im entrepreneurial hence i enhanced myself to be doing things that my colleagues who have been in the field for more than 5yrs can do, hence i have accumulated more than 500k in my account.
do you think i should go ahead, my worry is i dont want my bank statement to look fraudulent or suspicious based on how my pay slip might not tally well with my bank statement.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
An income of 50k thereabouts is low so you need a way to boost your profile in fact less than 100k too. In the space that says give a brief summary of your duties state what they are. if there is a paper trail of the monies that come into your account and they are company transactions that you can explain then say something like you handle client accounts to the tune or N500,000 a month or something. I'm not sure how that comes across sha. Guys pls help.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
baani: @blawi1, thanks for your reply i do appreciate. ok so this is my state, i earn less than 100k, i hv only worked for for less than one yr though i did my nysc in the same company(i hv documents to prove that), i studied hard, worked hard and im entrepreneurial hence i enhanced myself to be doing things that my colleagues who have been in the field for more than 5yrs can do, hence i have accumulated more than 500k in my account.
do you think i should go ahead, my worry is i dont want my bank statement to look fraudulent or suspicious based on how my pay slip might not tally well with my bank statement.

You don't sound like you earn enough to waste on a trip to the USA. Unless, of course, you don't intend to return to Nigeria.
If you need a vacation, try Dubai. It's great.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by baani(m): 8:46am On Jul 11, 2013
blawi1: An income of 50k thereabouts is low so you need a way to boost your profile in fact less than 100k too. In the space that says give a brief summary of your duties state what they are. if there is a paper trail of the monies that come into your account and they are company transactions that you can explain then say something like you handle client accounts to the tune or N500,000 a month or something. I'm not sure how that comes across sha. Guys pls help.

thanks alot your info has been really helpful

AjanleKoko:

You don't sound like you earn enough to waste on a trip to the USA. Unless, of course, you don't intend to return to Nigeria.
If you need a vacation, try Dubai. It's great.

lol...i dont earn enough but i make alot, why go for the small boys when i can get the boss
Re: Usa Visit Visa by james233: 11:18am On Jul 11, 2013
oww nairalanders why wont anybody answer me?am james and a hotel manager in Ghana......i have a months leave and i want to travel to the states for two weeks...i dont have a relative there cos they are all in UK so how can i go or where should i start....i make GHC 1300=130000 naira a month month.... i have been to UK MALAYSIA AUSTRALIA....please any quick advice would be appreciated cos i now have 3 weeks 3 days left on my leave....and i here something about conference,how does that work??///thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
@tsetsefly n gbenga 77,u guys rock.i appreciate u guys 4 all d assistance got my immigrant visa 2day.tanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VCTROKOYE: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
Abeg my guy is in serious trouble. He tried to apply for visa online,but it was not going.
He called customer care of VFS, Oregun and a girl picked the call and said that someone has used his passport number. And there is nothing he can do.
Please, what advice should I give this guy. He is already down.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
VCTROKOYE: Abeg my guy is in serious trouble. He tried to apply for visa online,but it was not going.
He called customer care of VFS, Oregun and a girl picked the call and said that someone has used his passport number. And there is nothing he can do.

He can get a new passport, and cancel the old one. That's probably the easiest thing to do.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
Henries: @tsetsefly n gbenga 77,u guys rock.i appreciate u guys 4 all d assistance got my immigrant visa 2day.tanx
best wishes
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 8:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
VCTROKOYE: Abeg my guy is in serious trouble. He tried to apply for visa online,but it was not going.

Hello,

No need of getting another passport,

Send me a PM, I have few questions for him and that would help in finding a solution to his challenging situation.

Cheers!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ZionSpecie(m): 8:01am On Jul 12, 2013
tzetzefly:

As a Personal Assistant (PA), you might be seen as not having a solid job tie to your country. And also, you're even less than a year in your present occupation which is still a probationary stage in your career.

You need to be a confirmed staff of any firm /organisation after a year or two, to be assessed as a genuine traveller.

But your PA designation is a mountain for you to climb....
Hi @tzetzefly, my boss insists I need to go as the workload on her will be too much. She will give me anoda appointment letter dating June last year and give me everyoda thing I'l need to support d app. She said she ddnt intend to introduce me as PA to d embassy before. What do u think?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooso(m): 10:18am On Jul 12, 2013
dear nl,pls i am in need of help,i have been battling with appointment date since about three weeks but to no avail.
all i am receiving from the system is (An applicant with this information already exists whose email starts with "soladworld")
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooso(m): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2013
Omo oso: dear nl,pls i am in need of help,i have been battling with appointment date since about three weeks but to no avail.
all i am receiving from the system is (An applicant with this information already exists whose email starts with "soladworld"wink
i beg make una see to my mata o or anybody with the consulate phone number.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 11:16am On Jul 12, 2013
send me PM and check your mail box afterwords for my reply, for some confidential questions, better-still, your friend must had given it to somebody to assist him and now unable get in touch with the person for reasons known to him for now.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooso(m): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2013
thanks fast link.i cant get the pm ting,may be you can get me on my mail
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
james233: oww nairalanders why wont anybody answer me?am james and a hotel manager in Ghana......i have a months leave and i want to travel to the states for two weeks...i dont have a relative there cos they are all in UK so how can i go or where should i start....i make GHC 1300=130000 naira a month month.... i have been to UK MALAYSIA AUSTRALIA....please any quick advice would be appreciated cos i now have 3 weeks 3 days left on my leave....and i here something about conference,how does that work??///thanks

Go through the US Portal (Ghana) :

www.ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-niv-visaapply.html

Since you have about 21days left for your leave to expire, you cannot meet up with any conference for this period.

Just as you have extensive travel history as claimed, it is better for you to go for summer vacation in the US through hotel booking.

Enjoy......

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.