Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,987 members, 7,942,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:01 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1070441 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Well . . . I am just wondering how you will expect to be given a nonimmigrant (visit) visa to the US, if you don't earn a reasonable amount of money, and have significant ties to Nigeria.

By ties I mean, ideally you are a settled family person with children, a stable income, high by Nigerian standards, and at least have travelled to some extent to other locations for business or pleasure. The cost of a return air ticket to US for one person can be as high as N400k on some airlines, especially during summer. If you don't even earn that much in a month . . . well, I struggle to understand how you will be able to prove to the CO that you can pay for your trip.

GboyegaD:

I am not so convinced about the family tie people stress regarding visa. I have once gotten the US student visa and now a visiting visa after graduation and was never asked anything about family ties.

Family ties are necessary for very many visa
request based on circumstances surrounding
an applicant and other factors the CO views
during interview.

Your case was different as you've been to the States for studies and returned which in the eyes of the CO, there wasnt any reason to doubt your motive for travel.

You also came back after your studies as you easily could have stayed back in the US permanently. This was a positive sign for your application with no family ties needed.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
GboyegaD:

I am not so convinced about the family tie people stress regarding visa. I have once gotten the US student visa and now a visiting visa after graduation and was never asked anything about family ties.

tzetzefly:

Family ties are necessary for very many visa request based on circumstances surrounding an applicant and other factors the CO views during interview.

Your case was different as you've been to the States for studies and returned which in the eyes of the CO, there wasnt any reason to doubt your motive for travel.

You also came back after your studies as you easily could have stayed back in the US permanently. This was a positive sign for your application with no family ties needed.....

tzetzefly has done good justice to the subject matter.
@GboyegaD, even if your studies were in Europe and not the USA, it would have still stood you in good stead.
The problem is always with people with no travel history or income base that supports their claims. Without either, and with no evidence of family ties, it will be very hard to get a visitor visa, not only to the US, but to many Western countries.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lilbro(m): 12:55am On Jul 03, 2013
Peoples cases are looked @ from different angles. But from what I believe when u r favoured by God and in the right place at the right time saying the right thing with a genuine application u ll be given.
GboyegaD:

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ohkingdavid(m): 4:58am On Jul 03, 2013
@ Tzetsefly, please what's your email address?
I have this American citizen that insist I marry her but we've haven't met in person & she wants me to come.
I need to apply for visa without involving her or should I involve her? please I need help here.
My email is: jackhammer9@gmail.com, please your prompt response will be appreciated as she wants me to apply this year.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:33am On Jul 03, 2013
ohkingdavid: @ Tzetsefly, please what's your email address?
I have this American citizen that insist I marry her but we've haven't met in person & she wants me to come.
I need to apply for visa without involving her or should I involve her? please I need help here.
My email is: jackhammer9@gmail.com, please your prompt response will be appreciated as she wants me to apply this year.

You dont have to involve her in your application, there is no physical contact yet between you both. Apply for tourism or conference and use the opportunity to meet with her. I hope you have some form of ties to Nigeria?

Is the message so confidential, why not state it here for others to benefit? Anyway, use the Nairaland PM to send me a mail. I will reply....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smithremmy: 7:36am On Jul 03, 2013
ferdimako:

No medicals for F1.

Thanks am very grateful what do I need to book appointment as tym is going as I can't print my sevis fee receipt adres for were I will stay wil be school or the hotel
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:45am On Jul 03, 2013
We keep talking about ties, but how do you convince a CO you have ties in Nigeria when he/she doesn't even care about the documents you carrying?

You married? Yes....no document checked

You have kids? Yes....no document checked.

You work? Yes....no document checked.

How much is your monthly income? 800k.....no document checked.

Why are you not traveling with the family? Wife will be busy at work during summer.....sorry you're not qualify for a visa at this time.

That was during my interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by uist: 8:09am On Jul 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin All i know getting a US visa is just like playing a lottery, u might win or lost cry its a game of luck and chance. Above all, Strange favor from God almighty! i have see many people who are in state, with no travel history!they were given d visa, No strong ties they were given d visa. My brother NA GOD. many who have been around the world still get denied. many who have family still get denied! why single with no travel history were given the visa. Keep try and never give up. One day God will favor you.
FrontPageLawyer: We keep talking about ties, but how do you convince a CO you have ties in Nigeria when he/she doesn't even care about the documents you carrying?

Why are you not traveling with the family? Wife will be busy at work during summer.....sorry you're not qualify for a visa at this time.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:09am On Jul 03, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: We keep talking about ties, but how do you convince a CO you have ties in Nigeria when he/she doesn't even care about the documents you carrying?

Quite easy to convince the CO of your ties to your country:

1. Your DS-160 speaks volume of your person so thats where you need to inform your interviewer first hand about who you are before he/she meets with you.

If you dont put the facts straight on that form, your result is already known before your interview.

They are trained in basic and advanced psychology, so they can tell or read your body language from afar.

2. Are you married?

Yes i am, is not proof enough. Where is that ring on your left finger to show you're married. Alternatively where is the proof of members' of your family during the interview in case you're to travel as a family.

3. Do you have kids?

Based on the second question if the CO is not convinced about it, he feels indifferent about the Kid aspect. Except you're a single parent.

4. Do you work?

Your DS- 160 will tell him your kind of work and if it looks convincing, your ID card will be asked for or your appearance will speak for you.

5. Your monthly income?

Answers to question four enables the CO to go further in demanding for either your payslips or bank statements.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 03, 2013
well said tzetzefly..........you are really spot on......they are really trained and can smell a potential migrants that will not return back to Nigeria, although, sometimes they could also be wrong because they are humans
tzetzefly:

1. Your DS-160 speaks volume of your person so thats where you need to inform your interviewer first hand about who you are before he/she meets with you.

If you dont put the facts straight on that form, your result is already known before your interview.

They are trained in basic and advanced psychology, so they can tell or read your body language from afar.

2. Are you married?

Yes i am, is not proof enough. Where is that ring on your left finger to show you're married. Alternatively where is the proof of members' of your family during the interview in case you're to travel as a family.

3. Do you have kids?

Based on the second question if the CO is not convinced about it, he feels indifferent about the Kid aspect. Except you're a single parent.

4. Do you work?

Your DS- 160 will tell him your kind of work and if it looks convincing, your ID card will be asked for or your appearance will speak for you.

5. Your monthly income?

Answers to question four enables the CO to go further in demanding for either your payslips or bank statements.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2013

Sorry about that.But the thing is,sometimes they check your docs,and sometimes they dont.Its really their discretion.If the Co believes one doesnt sound plausible enough,he/she might ask to see your documents.But because they are hard pressed for time,they might be reluctant to do so sometimes.Ask yourself,if the tables were turned,with you being the CO,would you believe such answers?If the answer is yes,chances are that the co might believe your story ,meaning you might get the visa.Those guys are not magicians you know.But bevcause they have a difficult job of trying to prevent potential illegal migrants into the US,they sometimes deny genuine travellers.So,on the whole,if one sounds so believable to the co,while also not appearing desperate for the visa,the CO would not need to check documents before deciding to grant the visa.that is the crux of the matter
Re: Usa Visit Visa by uist: 8:30am On Jul 03, 2013
Many people got their visa without those requirements listed here. My friend got his USA J1 visa, it was his first time application without travel history, when the CO called his name to come over to cubicle 3, he started shiveriny, the CO ask him why he's going for summer work in US, & he told the CO i am going for hotel management grin cheesy, the CO officer started laughing, and he corrected him, and d CO ask him to pick his visa the next day smiley. there were many student who also apply for d same J1 visa, with travel history, and they answered their question correctly, and they got refused. what are we talking about. His God favor and luck.
tzetzefly:

2. Are you married?

3. Do you have kids?

4. Do you work?

5. Your monthly income?

Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 8:45am On Jul 03, 2013
uist: Many people got their visa without those requirements listed here. My friend got his USA J1 visa, it was his first time application without travel history, when the CO called his name to come over to cubicle 3, he started shivery, the CO ask him why he's going for summer work in US, & he told the CO i am going for hotel management grin cheesy, the CO officer started laughing, and he corrected him, and d CO ask him to pick his visa the next day smiley. there were many student who also apply for d same J1 visa, with travel history, and they answered their question correctly, and they got refused. what are we talking about. His God favor and luck.

I have a question. Why do nationals of countries like Nigeria, Ghana, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc., require 'God's favour' before they can get a visa to Western nations?
Does God submit a list at the embassy of 'favoured' candidates? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by uist: 8:52am On Jul 03, 2013
Those nationals travels a lot, if they can stay in their country for a year without visiting embassy, you will see d break through grin grin visa go turn garri grin grin grin
AjanleKoko:

I have a question. Why do nationals of countries like Nigeria, Ghana, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc., require 'God's favour' before they can get a visa to Western nations?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 9:08am On Jul 03, 2013
AjanleKoko:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 9:40am On Jul 03, 2013
uist: Those nationals travels a lot, if they can stay in their country for a year without visiting embassy, you will see d break through grin grin visa go turn garri grin grin grin

Are they the only nationals who travel a lot? undecided
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kidcuddy1: 11:07am On Jul 03, 2013
pls i will like to make inquiry about my appointment confirmation page,i made a mistake putting my middle name as my last name,hope it wont affect my application?i have everything exactly the way it is on my passport
Re: Usa Visit Visa by GboyegaD(m): 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
AjanleKoko:
tzetzefly has done good justice to the subject matter.
@GboyegaD, even if your studies were in Europe and not the USA, it would have still stood you in good stead.
The problem is always with people with no travel history or income base that supports their claims. Without either, and with no evidence of family ties, it will be very hard to get a visitor visa, not only to the US, but to many Western countries.

Now I understand what you are talking about. Anyways, I think to such persons, they should hope things will work in their favor.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by esere826: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
AjanleKoko:

angry
u want to take away the children's bread abi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
i think at times it depends on the VO's mood that determines whether you will be issued a visa or not so one should just be prayerful and rely on Gods favor cos i have seen a Union bank Branch manager denied visa despite he had millions of naira ,goes to UK as if he was going to ijebu and had lotta properties so i think its like a gamble thing grin grin.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Raahym(m): 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
AjanleKoko:

You have to fill out the DS-160 for everyone who is applying.
And you need to pay the application fee for each of you.

I appreciate you bro! pls i would like to find out, does the US embassy scrutinise statements of account since they issue visa the same day and if yes how do they do that?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smithremmy: 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
ferdimako:

No medicals for F1.

Hello every one I over pay for sevis fee and it was rejected what can I do can any one help out now I was ask to send another payment what's the solution anybody help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ohkingdavid(m): 6:42am On Jul 04, 2013
@ setzefly,

Thanks for your response; my question is not a secrete or confidential as it can be shared in here for everyone to see and benefit.
Since I don't need to involve the woman in my application; please do you have expartise in applying for visa as I will need assistance on this, that's why I was asking for your contact details.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 04, 2013
smithremmy:

Thanks am very grateful what do I need to book appointment as tym is going as I can't print my sevis fee receipt adres for were I will stay wil be school or the hotel

You can go to US Student thread. Good heads are there!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 04, 2013
smithremmy:

Hello every one I over pay for sevis fee and it was rejected what can I do can any one help out now I was ask to send another payment what's the solution anybody help

Did u do any standardized test? Bring in someone more knowledgeable to help you out.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lilbro(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2013
Same thing with mine.now I am going there with my full family make I see wetin go happen. With God this one must be possible.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:06am On Jul 04, 2013
ohkingdavid: @ setzefly,

Thanks for your response; my question is not a secrete or confidential as it can be shared in here for everyone to see and benefit.
Since I don't need to involve the woman in my application; please do you have expartise in applying for visa as I will need assistance on this, that's why I was asking for your contact details.

Are you talking about filling the DS-160 form?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 9:03am On Jul 04, 2013
balotelli: i think at times it depends on the VO's mood that determines whether you will be issued a visa or not so one should just be prayerful and rely on Gods favor cos i have seen a Union bank Branch manager denied visa despite he had millions of naira ,goes to UK as if he was going to ijebu and had lotta properties so i think its like a gamble thing grin grin.
Well, the US embassy is a no respecter of persons.You have to overcome the burden of proof in section 216 B of the Immigration and Nationality Act before you can be granted a non immigrant visa.No more,no less.It doesnt matter if you are a banker or a secretary,the requirements are the same.And Of course,luck plays a vital role too.But I can assure that any candidate that appears desperate for a visa will not get it,regardless of his status.So,its crucial that one knows how to conduct himself properly before a COin order to get the US visa he/she dearly craves.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 9:33am On Jul 04, 2013
Raahym:

I appreciate you bro! pls i would like to find out, does the US embassy scrutinise statements of account since they issue visa the same day and if yes how do they do that?

The US Embassy will only ask for any of your documents if your interview requires it.
For example, I work in ABC company (unknown name) and I earn 3m naira per month. CO might want to see proof that you indeed earn that much, and would even want to know which ABC company in Nigeria, not known to them, can afford to pay someone N3m per month.

Generally, the default position of the US embassy for nonimmigrant visas is to assume you intend to stay in the US and not return to Nigeria. The basis of the CO's assessment is to determine if you are likely to return or not. So they don't start with a verification, but an intent to deny you the visa. Your two or three minutes discussion with the CO is all they need to decide. And yes, there is an element of luck in there.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by biola3005: 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
suxes2005: Hi all,

Each time anyone calls me either from NL or
from referral and I tell them to try the United States
they think its the hardest visa to get in life but this
is not true.

I will like anyone interested in going to usa as a visitor
to state his or her interest here so that i can show you
the way to go about it right here, we will all see the
result of the application here.

I just helped a friend of my pastor to secure his through
searching for pastor's conference for him,

SHALOM

I am applying for US visiting visa, but i have Malaysia Student Visa as i am taking my Degree in Psychology here in Malaysia. I also have Mexican visa on my passport my appointment is due in Nigeria soon do you think with my Mexican visa will it affect the chances of me getting the visa? I am just wanting to go there for holiday i am free from school now. please i will like some comments thank you and will sincerely appreciate your comments and advise please i do appreciate polite people who are none judgmental about Nigerians living in Malaysia. I am a real student here. I am having my interview in Nigeria.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by biola3005: 1:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
I am applying for US visiting visa, but i have Malaysia Student Visa as i am taking my Degree in Psychology here in Malaysia. I also have Mexican visa on my passport my appointment is due in Nigeria soon do you think with my Mexican visa will it affect the chances of me getting the visa? I am just wanting to go there for holiday i am free from school now. please i will like some comments thank you and will sincerely appreciate your comments and advise please i do appreciate polite people who are none judgmental about Nigerians living in Malaysia. I am a real student here.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by biola3005: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
I am applying for US visiting visa, but i have Malaysia Student Visa as i am taking my Degree in Psychology here in Malaysia. I also have Mexican visa on my passport my appointment is due in Nigeria soon do you think with my Mexican visa will it affect the chances of me getting the visa? I am just wanting to go there for holiday i am free from school now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (323)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.