Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,117 members, 7,973,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:02 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1073542 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by oluwashegunfunm(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
ogakpatakpata: There is nothing wrong; tell them the truth.

please what do i tell them if the vo ask me why usa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?

oluwashegunfunm:

please what do i tell them if the vo ask me why usa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oluwashegunfunm(m): 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?

yep been to dubai three times
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
Okay; it is really not enough, you need to convince the CO that you intend to return back to Nigeria after your trip, things like home ties, your job, asset, your age are some of the areas you need to be prepared to answer questions from, l will suggest you go back on this thread and read to gather enough infos, your questions has been addressed over and over again on this thread...goodluck
oluwashegunfunm:

yep been to dubai three times
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oluwashegunfunm(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Okay; it is really not enough, you need to convince the CO that you intend to return back to Nigeria after your trip, things like home ties, your job, asset, your age are some of the areas you need to be prepared to answer questions from, l will suggest you go back on this thread and read to gather enough infos, your questions has been addressed over and over again on this thread...goodluck

ye thats true thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by joy1111: 8:27am On Sep 21, 2013
Greetings to all people in this forum,i am new to this forum ,pls i have a question to ask,i have a friend his wife died february 2013,next month after the death of the wife he met a USC lady who is divorced and the lady got her divorced on january 2013,on june 2013 Usc lady came down here in Nigeria for their first meet and went back to U.S,they both have the certificate for the termination of the former marriage death certificate and divorce decree, pls i want to know if they are free to get married or is the two termination of marriages too close being february 2013 and january 2013,now they are preparing to get married when the lady visit for her second time,pls your advice is urgently needed thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by topaztee: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2013
Last 6 months or 3 months statement of Account,which one is required @ the embassy?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2013
6 months seems to be the standard........go with 6months!!

topaztee: Last 6 months or 3 months statement of Account,which one is required @ the embassy?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 4:12am On Sep 22, 2013
@ joy1111 this story seems to be a hot one. Someone else has posted questions regarding the same scenario earlier. The real question is if it is a genuine relationship then there'd be no worries, however close the divorce and death are. A new divorcee suddenly so eager to remarry is surprising, as for the widower that raises my eyebrow even more. But then I'm Nigerian, may be I'm overthinking it. If they are in doubt then they should give their relationship time. I would advice they wait another year before getting married, visits back and forth in the interim would be expedient though. All the best.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:24am On Sep 22, 2013
adeg: Thanks Tzetzefly for your advice. We were able to secure interview for her this Monday & She got the visa without much issues.

Nice to know. However, enjoy your trip.......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by joy1111: 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
@blawi,thanks for your answer pls,your advice is for them to wait for nest year before getting married,my question is that from the date of the death and the divorce in their previous marriages for how long did you think they have to wait before getting married and how long did you think the lady whom is a USC to visit more before they get married,thanks your advice is needed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
@ Joy I think anytime in 2014 is fine to get married. This topic is actually for another thread as this is a tourist visa thread. Let's not derail it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by zinnie86(f): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
Please can anyone help me with the requirements for a business visa. I'm going for a conference and wants to know if I must pay for the conference fee before going to the embassy. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
T-Wallpapers:
Please can anyone help me with the requirements for a business visa. I'm going for a conference and wants to know if I must pay for the conference fee before going to the embassy. Thanks

1. Proof of a paid conference and IV from the organisers.

2. Reason for attending the conference

3. Bank Statement or pay slips from your employer

4. Answer all questions confidently and appear smart.

5. Your first 25secs with the CO will determine if your documents will be checked.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by SOTAJ: 1:01am On Sep 24, 2013
Hello guys. I really commend the way peoples' issues are resolved on ds forum.
My family went for a US visa interview today and we were refused visas for no particular reason.
Below is how the interview went.

VO: Hello
Me: Good Morning
VO: Where are you going in the US?
Me: Delaware
VO: Who are u visiting and for what?
Me: My sister-in-law on vacation
Mywife: My sister
VO: Who is paying for the trip?
Me: Me and My wife
VO: Have u travelled out before?
Me: Yes. Been to the UK a couple of times
VO: Have you travelled as a family before?
Me: Yes. 3 of us were in the UK for Easter in 2012 except my daughter who was not born as at the time.
VO: Starts to check thru our passports(Myself and My wife both have 5 years valid UK visas while my son has 2 years valid visa)
VO: What do u do?
Me: I am a banker
Mywife: I am a banker as well
VO: what is ur family monthly income
Me: Told her
VO: Do u intend to seek medical attention in d US?
Me: No
VO: How long will u be staying in the US?
Me: 3 weeks
Me: I was thinking at this point we are as good as getting our visas.
VO: How old are ur kids?
Me: My son is 2 years plus and my daughter is 2 months.
VO: When do u intend to visit?
Me: December
VO: Pauses for a while and starts to type for some minutes. Then handed over our passports to us saying we did not qualify for non immigrant visas.

I was annoyed and confused even though mysel and my wife have been refused visas to the US in 2011 (the officer said we didn't have ties then) when there was no kid, I didn't expect to get the kind of decision the VO gave us today.

I am somehow confused now and don't know where I got it wrong.
Could it be because of my baby's age and the fact that we intend to travel in December? Cos I noticed it was after the VO asked about my Kids' ages and our intended travel date that she started to type on her system.

I am thinking of rescheduling for another interview before the week runs out and probably pick April 2014(Easter period) as our travel date.Maybe my daughter would be seen as old enough by that time.

Gurus in the house, please I need your sincere advices and suggestions so that we don't get the same result even when we reapply.

Cheers and keep the good work moving.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by riteaide: 3:27am On Sep 24, 2013
When in December were you looking to travel? Was it more than 3 months from your application date?

SOTAJ: Hello guys. I really commend the way peoples' issues are resolved on ds forum.
My family went for a US visa interview today and we were refused visas for no particular reason.

Me: Yes. 3 of us were in the UK for Easter in 2012 except my daughter who was not born as at the time.
VO: Starts to check thru our passports(Myself and My wife both have 5 years valid UK visas while my son has 2 years valid visa)
VO: Pauses for a while and starts to type for some minutes. Then handed over our passports to us saying we did not qualify for non immigrant visas.

I was annoyed and confused even though mysel and my wife have been refused visas to the US in 2011 (the officer said we didn't have ties then) when there was no kid, I didn't expect to get the kind of decision the VO gave us today.

Could it be because of my baby's age and the fact that we intend to travel in December? Cos I noticed it was after the VO asked about my Kids' ages and our intended travel date that she started to type on her system.

I am thinking of rescheduling for another interview before the week runs out and probably pick April 2014(Easter period) as our travel date.Maybe my daughter would be seen as old enough by that time.

Gurus in the house, please I need your sincere advices and suggestions so that we don't get the same result even when we reapply.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by SOTAJ: 6:17am On Sep 24, 2013
@Riteaide thanks for ur response.
It was not up to 3 months. We picked our intended date of travel as December 20th and we had our interview on September 23rd. So it's like 3 months less 3 days.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2013
@sotaj i don't think the travel date was an issue as i got my visa first week of aug and my travel date was dec ( about 4 and half months away at that time)

On your form did you declare that you'v been refused before?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:19am On Sep 24, 2013
SOTAJ: Hello guys. I really commend the way peoples' issues are resolved on ds forum.

I wouldnt know the circumstance surrounding your refusal in 2011, but judging from your interview presently, you seriously dont have a need to worry.

The only issue that worked against you was the period (winter) you choose to vacate in Delaware and not your child's age. There are numerous other months outside winter you can pick.

Winter will be colder and drier than normal, although snowfall will be above normal in most of the region. The coldest periods will be in early and mid-December and in early to mid-February. The snowiest periods will be in early and mid-December, and in early and mid-February.

April and May will be drier and much warmer than normal. Summer will be hotter and rainier, with the hottest periods in early June, early to mid-July, and early to mid-August. September and October will also be warmer and drier than normal.

If your stated reason was to visit your sister-in-law alone without additional reason like vacation, your visa would have been certain (all other things being equal i.e. If your first refusal in 2011 was not problematic).

City of Delaware in December can be extremely cold during your travel dates as i mentioned above. Try again in Easter, a perfect period for visiting friends and relatives and state your intended stay in days and not weeks.

All the best......

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by sunnydayasaba(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2013
Hello house,

I have read through this thread from the beginning, though some of my questions have been answered, but i just want to know pls if anything has changed.

I have a commission job for over 1 year, my employer only pays me on commission bases and in cash, something direct deposits because according to him, he wants me to perform and get paid for it, during the last 1 yr, have been paid over 6digits in commission and now i intend to travel through either conference or visiting visa. Though i have aunties,cousin, grand parents in d states, but i intend to sponsor myself since i have enough cash for it. My problem is that i can get all other documents from my employer, but my problem is getting a PAY SLIP, since i haven't been paying taxes on my income, what are my chances of applying without Pay Slip and getting it, will it raise a red flag on my acct statement? Can i use any other document in place of a pay slip...remember i want to sponsor myself. I need more clearification on this pls.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 24, 2013
Hello House I intend travelling to the United states but am still wondering which is the Best Is it Visiting? Or conference. Which is much surer ? I have a cousin who will send me a Letter of Invitation notarized ,utility Bill and data page of his American passport and I have a Job married with one kid and one baking in the oven and my account kinda Looks good on the other hand I have searched for a conference that will start January 2014 for 3 days and I can get to sponsor myself in the name of my company and all so which do u think is better
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotunbond(m): 10:14am On Sep 24, 2013
favored gal: @dotunbond: True, its a difficult situation, but you can still get it. You are married now and you probably have a good job and hopefully have been to other countries(if you havent try and visit at least three countries before you reapply)

My advice to you will be to fill the form like you wont have the opportunity of an interview.

For instance in the column they say have you been refused a visa before and reason. State yes, you'v applied twice and you'v been denied twice because of your dad. However you feel your situation is different...you have a job earning x amount while your husband earns x amount...and have no intention of absconding to face uncertainties.

You have also been to x no of countries and you have never overstayed your visa

Put everything you can put to show you have ties to naija on your form cuz you may not have the opportunity to say it at the interview and apply with your husband

This is what i did when filling my husband's form. He has a pending approved f4, so he already even had a documented intention to migrate and has been denied thrice prior to getting it last month. Goodluck

hello people, i've been thinking a lot and reading previous posts. Don't you think my own issues will affect my husband's chances of getting a visa? we do not have kids yet and we are both applying for a visa of which the intent is for me to give birth in the US but my husband would only stay for the birth and come back to nigeria. Wont that seem like we are intending immigrants concerning my history with my dad and all? But if we go individually, we can each serve as ties to Nigeria to the other including landed property and the rest. Since they feel that because my dad left and dint come back, i'd do the same, if i apply alone, they should be convinced that i'd at least come back to my husband with the baby. i could be wrong oo. Any comments/advices. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by SOTAJ: 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
@tzetzefly, thanks so much for ur comment. It is well appreciated. As regards the circumstance for our visa refusal in 2011, the VO asked if my wife was pregnant (she was carrying my boy who is 2yrs plus now although not dt visible) and we said yes. And dt was all.

I think ur submission on our refusal yesterday is correct to a very large extent (especially the extremely cold weather in Dec). As I wrote earlier, I observed it was after we told her our intended travel date dt her disposition changed.

Now, do u suggest I pay for the visa fees again and schedule for another interview immediately (stating our intended date as April, Easter)? My reason for this is to give us ample time to be able to plan our itinery (ticket reservations and so on) on time. I am looking at killing 2 birds with a stone (ie) Do multi destination in April with few days stoppover in the Uk. And all this is better done well in advance to be able to get good bargains.

So, should I just go ahead and reschedule before the week runs out?

Justwise, ur input will be well appreciated as well.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by SOTAJ: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
favored gal: @sotaj i don't think the travel date was an issue as i got my visa first week of aug and my travel date was dec ( about 4 and half months away at that time)

On your form did you declare that you'v been refused before?

@ favored gal, thanks for ur comment. Yes we declared. We couldn't have done otherwise.we know d implication.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
SOTAJ: @tzetzefly, thanks so much for ur comment. It is well appreciated. As regards the circumstance for our visa refusal in 2011, the VO asked if my wife was pregnant (she was carrying my boy who is 2yrs plus now although not dt visible) and we said yes. And dt was all.

I think ur submission on our refusal yesterday is correct to a very large extent (especially the extremely cold weather in Dec). As I wrote earlier, I observed it was after we told her our intended travel date dt her disposition changed.

Now, do u suggest I pay for the visa fees again and schedule for another interview immediately (stating our intended date as April, Easter)? My reason for this is to give us ample time to be able to plan our itinery (ticket reservations and so on) on time. I am looking at killing 2 birds with a stone (ie) Do multi destination in April with few days stoppover in the Uk. And all this is better done well in advance to be able to get good bargains.

So, should I just go ahead and reschedule before the week runs out?

Justwise, ur input will be well appreciated as well.

Do not be in a rush to reschedule your interview date, you can do that by late December 2013 or early January and take your travel date to be the Easter season for 2014.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by SOTAJ: 1:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
tzetzefly:

Do not be in a rush to reschedule your interview date, you can do that by late December 2013 or early January and take your travel date to be the Easter season for 2014.

@Tzetzefly,
Thank you very much for ur response. Will do just dt (ie) wait till Dec/Jan before resheduling again so that one doesn't look desperate to them. At worst, the whole family will just do only UK trip in April 2014. Just dt our people in d U.S wouldn't just stop disturbing us to come on a visit.

Thanks once again. I appreciate!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Melson1: 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
Good people in the house,pls i have a question a friend of mine was denied a visa this year,he now reapplied,on his process of scheduling another interview he now saw have you been refused a visa in the last 12months,pls what will be the correct answer,though he was refused a visa this year,pls your advice is needed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 10:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
@ Sotaj better still wait 4-6mths. You don't want to appear over eager with a recent refusal in september. All the best.

@ Melson: Err "within the last 12 months" means count backwards from your date of scheduling an appointment, has there been a refusal. His response is Yes.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoolufolahan: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
favored gal:

Not true! She has a visa already...even if he mentions her name..she has no need to appear before a vo again....

Just photocopy your visa page for him to take along, alongside a letter from you stating that you are traveling together

@favoured gal. Thanks a lot. My husband got his Visa. The question on why we didn't apply together came up. Non of his document was checked. It was God's favour on a virgin passport.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
Congrats
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Melson1: 10:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
Good people in the house,my bother was denied a visa last year base on section 214,though he was single that last year and his marital status was single when he applied,now that he is married he has applied again,my question is as he has reapplied he now indicate married as he is married now,after his interview will his marital status be married as he has indicated married or will it be single in u.s database,pls your advice is needed,thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (323)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.