Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,719 members, 7,921,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:46 AM

If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda (1090 Views)

Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by EdmundChidera(m): 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
My agendas will be realistic

1: I will regulate CBN policies on money market, to avoid foreign manipulation on our currency, thereby giving no room for inflations again.

2: I will detribalized our country through education and nationality.
Through education, I will ensure basic schools have 3 compulsory languages(Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba) to learn.
Through Nationality, I will ensure there's nothing like state of origin again rather place of residence.

3: I will make institutions independent, to enable them checkmate other institutions in the country.

4: I will demonetize politics, through cutting the resources government spends on political office holders.

5: I will colonise all this our neighbouring countries, not minding what the UN or any other international have to say about it.

6: since I will aggressively fund three major sector, which include, Education, Health and Security forces.

7: I will ensure that international media propaganda and intervention is restricted totally especially Western world.

8: I will regulate the media especially social media that have done more harm to the youths than Good, then engage them forcefully to the labour market for creativity and innovations.

9: I will appoint and work with intellects and experts in every sector of the economy, to make Nigeria attractive for Nigerians also reduces migrations.

10: I will be open for ideas and critics from people I lead in other to do the things that will favour the society after consultations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2020
one ...restructure the country into 6 zones ....every unique tribe can choose which zones to belong

yorubas in middle belt can choose to be in south west ,southern kaduna can choose to be in middle belt, igbos in south south can join their brothers

roads would be left for the zones , police would be zonal , military would be contributed equally by each zone

2) put an end to religion in government ...sale national church m mosque , no more pilgrimage sponsored by government ...infact if u want to go u would pay a tax of $3000 dollars

3) students schooling abroad would pay 50% of their total school fees to Nigeria as tax before their certificate can be approved unless u were on scholarship ...the money is share to all Nigerian universities in the person state of origin or zone

4) all regions control your resources and pay 30% to the center

4 Likes

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
Lool

Buhari been talk more than this grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by hargbolahan01: 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2020
Igbochief001:
one ...restructure the country into 6 zones ....every unique tribe can choose which zones to belong

yorubas in middle belt can choose to be in south west ,southern kaduna can choose to be in middle belt, igbos in south south can join their brothers

roads would be left for the zones , police would be zonal , military would be contributed equally by each zone

2) put an end to religion in government ...sale national church m mosque , no more pilgrimage sponsored by government ...infact if u want to go u would pay a tax of $3000 dollars

3) students schooling abroad would pay 50% of their total school fees to Nigeria as tax before their certificate can be approved unless u were on scholarship ...the money is share to all Nigerian universities in the person state of origin or zone

4) all regions control your resources and pay 30% to the center

trust me I love this your idea

3 Likes

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by sonofthunder: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
EdmundChidera:

1: I will regulate CBN policies on money market, to avoid foreign manipulation on our currency, thereby giving no room for inflations again.

Through education, I will ensure basic schools have 3 compulsory languages(Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba) to learn.
Through Nationality, I will ensure there's nothing like state of origin again rather place of residence.

3: I will make institutions independent, to enable them checkmate other institutions in the country.

4: I will demonetize politics, through cutting the resources government spends on political office holders.

5: I will colonise all this our neighbouring countries, not minding what the UN or any other international have to say about it.

6: since I will aggressively fund three major sector, which include, Education, Health and Security forces.

7: I will ensure that international media propaganda and intervention is restricted totally especially Western world.

8: I will regulate the media especially social media that have done more harm to the youths than Good, then engage them forcefully to the labour market for creativity and innovations.

9: I will appoint and work with intellects and experts in every sector of the economy, to make Nigeria attractive for Nigerians also reduces migrations.

10: I will be open for ideas and critics from people I lead in other to do the things that will favour the society after consultations.
You want to punish little children to learn languages they may never need? The point is a very good one but the means of accomplishment is absolutely silly. What happened to the over hundred remaining languages? You don't know you'll be refueling tribalism in your bid to quench it?

2 Likes

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by sonofthunder: 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2020
I just read your remaining points...... Na wa oh

1 Like

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2020
hargbolahan01:
trust me I love this your idea
yea but it's impossible ...I would never win an election with this idea

3 Likes

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by EdmundChidera(m): 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
Since English is an official language, have other tribes stop speaking their languages, those 3 main languages will be official because of its dominance that won't stop other tribes from speaking or learning their languages
sonofthunder:

You want to punish little children to learn languages they may never need? The point is a very good one but the means of accomplishment is absolutely silly. What happened to the over hundred remaining languages? You don't know you'll be refueling tribalism in your bid to quench it?
Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by samdunzo: 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2020
I would go back to the parliamentary system, restructure Nigeria into 6 regions plus the FCT, implement resource control, and to avoid the fate of the first republic, would have regional and federal parliament. Regional parliaments would send a rep from each LGA of the region, while federal parliament would consist of 60 reps from the 6 regions, and 10 from the FCT. Lastly, I would ensure that there is a clear separation from regional and federal politics by advocating for regional parties and federal political parties. For instance, APC and PDP would be federal parties, while a party like APGA would be a regional party. Sorry for the long essay sha smiley

1 Like

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by helinues: 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
Here we go again

2 Likes

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by sonofthunder: 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2020
EdmundChidera:
Since English is an official language, have other tribes stop speaking their languages, those 3 main languages will be official because of its dominance that won't stop other tribes from speaking or learning their languages
You just achieved tribalism all over again. #wehdonesir

2 Likes

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by Alllen(m): 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2020
Edmundchidera you have a good ideas, if there's enough financial backup, many will likely support you

1 Like

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by EdmundChidera(m): 5:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
Alllen:
Edmundchidera you have a good ideas, if there's enough financial backup, many will likely support you
being a leader in Nigeria requires a lot, I only wish we can have more Nigerians that think alike
Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by Arrewa: 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
That's why we need young intelligent people in power.

1 Like

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by Lipscomb(m): 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2020
Do you know what happened to Muhammed Gaddafi of Libya and Laurent Gbagbo of ivory coast? Your own will be child play mu rasi.
EdmundChidera:

1 Like

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by EdmundChidera(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2020
How can you get the young people there when they will demoralise your efforts with tribalism, lack of support
Arrewa:
That's why we need young intelligent people in power.
Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by ijoba22(m): 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
I really like your ideal,but am curious to know how number 2 and 5 will work without negative externality?

1 Like

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by EdmundChidera(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
Look at Libya currently and tell me whether they are better now after ousting their great leader to follow America ideologies. Many Libyans would prefer Gaddafi now after realising the damages they are witnessing. Libya can never get better again after the destruction just to get Gaddafi out
Lipscomb:
Do you know what happened to Muhammed Gaddafi of Libya and Laurent Gbagbo of ivory coast? Your own will be child play.
Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by contigiency(m): 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2020
You are right.

ijoba22:
I really like your ideal,but am curious to know how number 2 and 5 will work without negative externality?

1 Like

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by EdmundChidera(m): 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
How 2 will work, it requires strategic formulation which you will exclusively educate the masses giving them good reasons to commend the ideals besides its for there own good, many want a Nigeria free from tribalism but they don't know how, so with proper information majority will support you, you will always have people that dislike the idea but the majority carries the vote that's why we are in democracy
How 5 will work, it will definitely attract international organizations but looking at the neighbouring countries. Nigeria can easily influence their decisions decisively, subjecting them like big nations do to smaller countries, this will definitely bring us up as true giant of Africa
ijoba22:
Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by Arrewa: 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
EdmundChidera:
How can you get the young people there when they will demoralise your efforts with tribalism, lack of support
the only way to bring a change in this system is through revolution. The old generation don't want to let go of power. The young generation instead of to unite and support each other we are busy dwelling in tribalism. Our political system has already been bastardized. We need either a peaceful revolution or violent revolution. That's the only way to save this country.

1 Like

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by Lipscomb(m): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2020
Do you know that Libya is more United than Nigeria under the leadership of Mouhamar Gaddafi,But despite this America still penetrated and poisoned the mind of Libyans against their prime minister and perpetrated their evil against Gaddafi.

How much more Nigerians that scattered that iota of unity can't be found anywhere and you want to colonize your neighbor countries.

Mind you not only Libyans missed Gaddafi Africa in general missed Gaddafi. Gaddafi a very outspoken courageous leader even western world fear his leadership. Libya best country to live in Africa during his regime. The country that very peaceful then .

Continue to rest in peace Gaddafi.
EdmundChidera:
Look at Libya currently and tell me whether they are better now after ousting their great leader to follow America ideologies. Many Libyans would prefer Gaddafi now after releasing the damages they are witnessing. Libya can never get better again after the destruction just to get Gaddafi out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by EdmundChidera(m): 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2020
America has nothing to gain from this neighbouring countries we're talking about. When I have experts and strategists to reason with Libya crisis and america interventions will be studied to avoid it replicating in my country, besides America now has bigger challenges to focus on
Lipscomb:
Do you know that Libya is more United than Nigeria under the leadership of Mohammed Gaddafi,But despite this America still penetrated and poisoned the mind of Libyans.

How much more Nigerians that scattered that iota of unity can't be found anywhere and you want to colonize your neighbor countries.
Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by EdmundChidera(m): 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
Revolution is a dead end in Nigeria now another strategy should be thought about
Arrewa:
the only way to bring a change in this system is through revolution. The old generation don't want to let go of power. The young generation instead of to unite and support each other we are busy dwelling in tribalism. Our political system has already been bastardized. We need either a peaceful revolution or violent revolution. That's the only way to save this country.
Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by Csami(m): 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
Arrewa:

Keep quiet! You support buhari.

What is revolution? Nigeria is a democratic state. If citizens from 18 to 45 get their act right and decide to vote for a youth, there's no amount of rigging that will change the outcome. Instead they use you all as willing tools to achieve their greed.

If I'm the president of this country, there will be balance of power. An independent judiciary, legislature and executive. Independent institutions. Performing institutions get more funding, state police is a must. Etc. But the problem of this country is just too much.

2 Likes

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by Lipscomb(m): 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
Why are you talking like a kid? America still control many countries particularly in west Africa just like Germany,
France, and great britain Because of their interest.
Are you aware that America has military bases in Djibouti.
EdmundChidera:
America has nothing to gain from this neighbouring countries we're talking about. When I have experts and strategists to reason with Libya crisis and america interventions will be studied to avoid it replicating in my country, besides America now has bigger challenges to focus on

1 Like

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by EdmundChidera(m): 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2020
Like America controls those countries, we can strive and dominate those countries with our resources, stand firm for any foreign manipulation coming up
Lipscomb:
Why are you talking like a kid? America still control many countries particularly in west Africa just like Germany,
France, and great britain Because of their interest.
Are you aware that America has military bases in Djibouti.
Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by EdmundChidera(m): 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2020
We play money politics in the country and during the election it turns out to be do or die affairs, politicians importing thugs equip them with arms.
We should be thinking of what to substitute revolution with since we're in a Democratic society
Csami:

Keep quiet! You support buhari.

What is revolution? Nigeria is a democratic state. If citizens from 18 to 45 get their act right and decide to vote for a youth, there's no amount of rigging that will change the outcome. Instead they use you all as willing tools to achieve their greed.

If I'm the president of this country, there will be balance of power. An independent judiciary, legislature and executive. Independent institutions. Performing institutions get more funding, state police is a must. Etc. But the problem of this country is just too much.
Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by Lipscomb(m): 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2020
Bro no country can do without America except you want to meet your Waterloo. When we are talking about America we are talking about Britain, Australia, and their allies.
EdmundChidera:
Like America controls those countries, we can strive and dominate those countries with our resources, stand firm for any foreign manipulation coming up
Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2020
I will I will I will...
The real question is "how will you do it"

2 Likes

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by ijoba22(m): 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
EdmundChidera:
How 2 will work, it requires strategic formulation which you will exclusively educate the masses giving them good reasons to commend the ideals besides its for there own good, many want a Nigeria free from tribalism but they don't know how, so with proper information majority will support you, you will always have people that dislike the idea but the majority carries the vote that's why we are in democracy
How 5 will work, it will definitely attract international organizations but looking at the neighbouring countries. Nigeria can easily influence their decisions decisively, subjecting them like big nations do to smaller countries, this will definitely bring us up as true giant of Africa
at time theory look attractive and efficient, but practical and implementation is another dimension.

1 Like

Re: If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda by Akinsete19(m): 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
1. cancellation of the 1999 constitution because it is not working.

2. Cancellation of the House of Representatives. I will proceed in using their income to fund and employ thousands of youths for farming. I will also clear the whole Lagos-ibadan expressway and turning it to farmland, where Agricultural activities will take place. Legislature will also strictly be lawmaker, no more constituency allowance.

3. Banning of the concept of State of Origin throughout the country, thereby returning everything back to merit. This will also help to shun political or regional crisis and tribalism.

4. with the idea of (number 3), sector like the education sector will attract foreign students who can also invest in the Country. The final vision is to turn Nigeria to education tourist country, just like Northern Cyprus.

5. Banning of government and probably private employments for foreign university graduate. Since they have the money to pay for foreign universities, they should be capable to start up a business here.

6. Improvement of Agriculture, Education and Tourism sector to impress foreign investors.

7. Employment of personal expertises from all fields, who will serve as my dectectors and regulators. Once there is a public outcry in any sector, the expertises will quickly move in to carry out audit and clearance for any form of malpractice, if any one is find guilty, he or she is going to jail straight or have a option to work on farm for free for many years, depending on the offence. Note, these expertises will be getting replacement every 3 months, as to shun malpractice from them too. If any of them compromise, he or she will join them in jail or community services like farming for years.

8. Regulation for price of goods and services. There will a central price for all goods and services, once you are been reported for selling or offering a service for outrageous price, you will be made to pay a lot of fine or do some communities services.

9. Politicians will be paid based on minimum wages that won't be above major professional in the country, and if any one hold a political office, his/her family members will have limited opportunity to foreign trips. There will be also regulation in the religion sector, Religion activities will be reduced to the minimum, because there is no country in the world that got developed as a results of their religion activities.

10. Militarily, the military will get a great reform, I will increase their capacity by employing more persons and improving their ammunitions and training.

All these are just merely dreams which might not be achievable, due to the influences of the legislative and judiciary.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa Election: Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Filed By UPC / Not A Hair Must Fall From Kukah's Head- FFK Blows / IPOB Leader Gave Herdsmen 14 Days To Vacate SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.