Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,880 members, 7,889,930 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:17 AM

Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? (2608 Views)

DSS Agents Kill Policeman In Cold Blood / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Libyans Killing Nigerians (pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Beaf: 11:45pm On Feb 21, 2011
I watched aghast as Dr. Christopher Davidson alleged that Nigerians and Chadians are behind the bloody massacres in Libya. It was on Jeff Randall Live (Sky).

Dr. Christopher Davidson's assertion is slowly bubbling up from quite a few other sources, so we are left with difficult and very alarming questions.
Where exactly are these blood thirsty Nigerian from? By some estimates, there are 150,000 "African" mercenaries operating in Libya, doing things the Libyan army would never do to their own people. The bestial degree of bloodlust among these animals reminds one of the human carnage that has devilled Jos, with babies cut in pieces, diced and burnt.

We need to ask serious questions about where these people are based, because an army of that size could only be based in a foreign land. Also, how was Gaddafi able to assemble such huges numbers at such speed? Or are there actually Nigerian mercenaries training in Libya? If so, for what purpose and for how long? If these animals are truly found to be Nigerians, what does it portend for the future?

Here is further fragmented evidence from the protesters themselves:

One man told Channel 4 News: "A lot of people are dying on the streets. There are lot of cars with troops from outside Libya, I think they are Nigerian, from African countries.

"Most of them are being shot by snipers, from far away in the head or in the chest by Africans. Most of them don't speak good Arabic, they speak French. "

http://www.channel4.com/news/libya-massacre-as-death-toll-tops-100
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by PhysicsHD: 11:46pm On Feb 21, 2011
I think they are just assuming this because Nigeria's army has gone into other countries to restore order in the past.

Northern Nigerians don't speak French.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Beaf: 11:49pm On Feb 21, 2011
PhysicsHD:

I think they are just assuming this because Nigeria's army has gone into other countries to restore order in the past.

Northern Nigerians don't speak French.

Possibly, however Dr. Christopher Davidson says they are Nigerians and Chadians, also the average Libyan is very conversant with Arabic, but might not be able to tell the difference between English and French (especially when the murderers arent exactly conversing with them).
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by pleep(m): 11:59pm On Feb 21, 2011
This is nothing new for the arabs. One king of morroco had a personal army of 5,000 black slaves. another sultan in the ottoman empire had thousands of sudanese boy soldiers. why do they all do this?
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by violent(m): 12:03am On Feb 22, 2011
It would be too early to preempt that they are Nigerians except of course there is a strong tangible reason to believe so. I doubt if anyone could provide a valid evidence at this point, the best we could do is to speculate.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 22, 2011
pleep:

This is nothing new for the arabs. One king of morroco had a personal army of 5,000 black slaves. another sultan in the ottoman empire had thousands of sudanese boy soldiers. why do they all do this?

^^you're quite right, and i was looking for more info on this since i've read about it before.

however @ topic

i've been searching for news on these so-called african mercenaries and all i found was speculation they could be from chad or mauritania. One was answering questions put to him in arabic.

what evidence does anyone have that these alleged foreigners arent actually black libyans.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 22, 2011
btw, the fact that these blacks are being referred to as "africans" speaks volumes.

where are the one love proponents to give their deceiving views.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by PhysicsHD: 12:11am On Feb 22, 2011
Beaf:

Possibly, however Dr. Christopher Davidson says they are Nigerians and Chadians, also the average Libyan is very conversant with Arabic, but might not be able to tell the difference between English and French (especially when the murderers arent exactly conversing with them).

Did he say that or write that?

Remember that Nigerians and Nigeriens are pronounced the same, so if he just said it, it's not clear that he's really referring to Nigerians.

Nigeriens actually speak French. Just a thought.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Beaf: 12:20am On Feb 22, 2011
^
He absolutely said, "from Nigeria and Chad."
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by KnowAll(m): 12:21am On Feb 22, 2011
Southern Libyans are blacks, they would not fear any better after this carnage when Gadaffi is gone, they are possibly fighting for their own future.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by PhysicsHD: 12:24am On Feb 22, 2011
Beaf:

^
He absolutely said, "from Nigeria and Chad."

Strange. I wonder how he would know. Are they wearing Nigerian army uniforms? Using Nigerian slang?

From Niger to Nigeria to Cameroon to Chad, a Hausa is a Hausa. How can you tell from a distance whether a Hausa reps the green white and green or some other nationality?
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Beaf: 12:46am On Feb 22, 2011
PhysicsHD:

Strange. I wonder how he would know. Are they wearing Nigerian army uniforms? Using Nigerian slang?

From Niger to Nigeria to Cameroon to Chad, a Hausa is a Hausa. How do you can tell from a distance whether a Hausa reps the green white and green or some other nationality?

The Nigerian angle seems to get more legit with every passing minute:

news broken on twitter via @SultanAlQassemi,
Al Jazeera: Rights Source: Pamphlets in Guinea & Nigeria asking for mercenaries to fight in #Libya for a wage of $2,000 a day.
SultanAlQassemi is following 210 and has 40,847 followers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/t/al-jazeera-rights-source-_39826747822182400.html
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by PhysicsHD: 12:58am On Feb 22, 2011
Wow. sad

It may indeed be a legitimate story.

F-uck Gaddafi.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Kilode1: 1:02am On Feb 22, 2011
@beaf this is the same worry I was expressing on the other Ghaddafi thread. The moment I saw the "Black African mercenaries" phrase my mind went to the possible "racial" or color impact.

I know some Nigerians try hard not to view things from a color angle, that's fine, but we can't just wish peoples dangerous stereotypes away. Especially in societies where you historically and culturally suffer disdain because of your skin tone. undecided

I don't know if these people are Nigerians or Nigeriens or whatever. But I'm afraid for dark-skinned people caught up in the Arab world through history, lineage or recent migration. Whichever way this crisis shifts, this is more bad news for them IMO.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 22, 2011
tpiah said:

btw, the fact that these blacks are being referred to as "africans" speaks volumes.

where are the one love proponents to give their deceiving views.

True talk. Libyans and ''Al Jazeerans'' keep referring to the mercenaries as ''Africans''.

''Gadaffi has recruited Africans to come and shoot people''.

I thought cap28 and fstranger said ''we are all one''?

So, are Libyans not ''Africans''?
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by violent(m): 1:08am On Feb 22, 2011
$2,000 a day? wow, Americans are at it again, the dollar sign says it all! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by johnie: 1:08am On Feb 22, 2011
@op, asari dokubo once confirmed that he had received training in Libya. Maybe he can answer some of your questions.

Gaddafi has variously been fingered in the unrest in various african countries so it should not be difficult for him to mobilise support from some of his proteges.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Beaf: 1:12am On Feb 22, 2011
PhysicsHD:

Wow. sad

It may indeed be a legitimate story.

F-uck Gaddafi.

If there is a Nigerian connection (as it now almost certain), then before sundown tomorrow fullscale yawa will gas and we will have very difficult questions to answer.
On the other hand it might turn out a blessing and yeild solutions to problems that seem intractable.

Its just a pity Nigerians will even sell their kids for money.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Beaf: 1:15am On Feb 22, 2011
Kilode?!:

@beaf this is the same worry I was expressing on the other Ghaddafi thread. The moment I saw the "Black African mercenaries" phrase my mind went to the possible "racial" or color impact.

I know some Nigerians try hard not to view things from a color angle, that's fine, but we can't just wish peoples dangerous stereotypes away. Especially in societies where you historically and culturally suffer disdain because of your skin tone. undecided

I don't know if these people are Nigerians or Nigeriens or whatever. But I'm afraid for dark-skinned people caught up in the Arab world through history, lineage or recent migration. Which ever way this crisis shifts this is further bad news for them IMO.

Yes its a problem, but i don't think it would really change any already racist perceptions about blacks. I wouldn't be too concerned about the racism angle.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Kilode1: 1:16am On Feb 22, 2011
^^It can enhance it though, that is my worry.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Mobinga: 1:21am On Feb 22, 2011
PhysicsHD:

From Niger to Nigeria to Cameroon to Chad, a Hausa is a Hausa. How do you can tell from a distance whether a Hausa reps the green white and green or some other nationality?
Your conspiracy theories won't work without evidence. . . . Thats the reason Eric B is not president.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by ekubear1: 1:24am On Feb 22, 2011
Interesting.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Beaf: 1:27am On Feb 22, 2011
Kilode?!:

^^It can enhance it though, that is my worry.

Without the least doubt, it will. That too wouldn't be all bad, the green lining will be the loosening of the unhealthy terrorist ties that exist between us and the Arab World. I can only imagine how excited those Boko Haram fools would be at the prospect of killing people for a whopping $2000 a day; these links need breaking.

It is in Nigeria's interest that Libya, Yemen and other renegade states be completely dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up. Our govt needs to vigorously support the Middle East uprising in response.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Beaf: 1:31am On Feb 22, 2011
We need to see our 10 million almajiri's as a huge security risk that must be tackled as the highest emergency; when foreign countries begin to see us as mercenary and terrorist havens, we should realise hoe potent the almajiri issue is.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by PhysicsHD: 1:34am On Feb 22, 2011
Mobinga:

Your conspiracy theories won't work without evidence. . . . Thats the reason Eric B is not president.

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/music/lupe-fiasco-is-the-best-rapper-ever-dont-respond-if-u-dont-understand-dumb-it-down-by-lupe-47250/3

Scroll down to post # 49 and see that guy's breakdown.

I don't think he got it all right, but it's interesting.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by TewMuch: 1:34am On Feb 22, 2011
if gaddafi can reach Nigerian's so easily and so fast, i wonder what role he may have played in this Boko Haram issue. Afterall it is no secret that he wants Nigeria as we know it to be a thing of the past. He also has the means to fund all these senseless killings and ethnic uprisings. He refers to himself as the king of kings of Africa, which is a big insult. I am glad his house of cards is falling apart, i hope he is caught and tortured with his fellow Boko Haram idiots. angry. Killing his own people has ensured that he will not get out of this alive. other countries are unable to do anything because America enjoy's the under the table oil benefits from Gaddaffi while Europe enjoys his ability to kill African's trying to walk to Europe. So sorry for the people of Libya being massacred it is quite sad.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Kilode1: 1:51am On Feb 22, 2011
^^No mind them. If this was Iran where they don't have influence Obama and his airheaded loudmouths would've been on TV and in the UN screaming and condemning. Since it's Libya and now friendly Ghaddafi, cat don catch their tongue.

All they could manage was a weak plea and repeat of Ghaddafis claim of possible civil war. I can't blame America though, they protect their national interests. I just which we do the same in Africa.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0211/ExLibyan_Ambassador_calls_for_stronger_Obama_statement.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703610604576158733370710592.html
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Beaf: 2:00am On Feb 22, 2011
^
The real problem in Libya is Europe, not the US. Huge amounts of Libyan gas and crude go straight into the European market (about 50% of Libya's output), Italy alone absorbs 30% of Libyan oil. The US gets just 5% and don't give a hoot about Gaddafi, in fact they had a spat with the UK yesterday, when they blamed them for foolishly propping up Gaddafi, especially through their dangerous Megrahi for oil deal.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Kilode1: 2:06am On Feb 22, 2011
^^More reason why they should be condemning him harshly like they often do with others. Anyway like I said. This is really not their fight. The people of Libya are taking their own fate into their hands I admire that.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Mobinga: 2:08am On Feb 22, 2011
PhysicsHD:

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/music/lupe-fiasco-is-the-best-rapper-ever-dont-respond-if-u-dont-understand-dumb-it-down-by-lupe-47250/3

Scroll down to post # 49 and see that guy's breakdown.

I don't think he got it all right, but it's interesting.
You're a HHHead? Thats what I wanted to confirm
Bahd Guy!!!!! Chop knuckle jare.

Thanks for the link. Albeit, I've been there a long time ago. Nice One

SideNote :: I personally feel thats the greatest and deepest joint ever made. Sad that most "HHH" Don't even know that joint.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by johnie: 2:09am On Feb 22, 2011
Beaf, I agree that Nigeria should be watching what is going on closely but my fear is that in all this confusion, Islamic militants could seize power in these countries to the detriment of Nigeria a la boko haram.

I am waiting for Osama to issue a statement on all these. Religion- moderate countries like Egypt, Libya,Bahrain and Yemen are targets for Iran and Al Quaeda.

Egypt has permitted two Iranian warships to cross the Suez Canal. A sign of things to come if the militants seize power in these countries.
Re: Where Are the Nigerian Mercenaries Shooting Libyans In Cold Blood Based? by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 22, 2011
Nigerians? They are probably Nigeriens not Nigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Goodluck Campaign Journey (pictures) From Abia To Zamfara / ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti / The Evil Of The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.