Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,027 members, 7,886,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 04:36 PM

Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor (1742 Views)

Yahaya Bello Appoints Achu­ba As Deputy Governor / Obama Appoints Adewale Adeyemo As Deputy National Security Adviser / Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Nchara: 5:05am On Feb 22, 2011
The Punch

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lagos CPC endorses Igbo as deputy governor

Agency Reporter

The Lagos State chapter of the Congress for Progressive Change has endorsed the choice of a Christian from the South-East as its deputy governorship candidate.

advertisement

Click Here!

The state chairman of CPC, Chief Ajibade Emiabata-Balogun, said the choice was to ensure that all ethnic groups in the state had a sense of belonging.

He added that the move was to correct the perception that the party was a Muslim party for the Hausa and the Yoruba.

He said, "We are mindful of the large number of Igbo in Lagos and the important roles they play in the socio-economic development of the state."

The Chairman spoke at a reception hosted by Kosofe Local Government chapter of the party in honour of its governorship candidate, Mr. Nurain Mumuni.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/feb/20/845.html
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Nchara: 5:06am On Feb 22, 2011
Na small, small dey dey take lick hot okra soup
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Nchara: 5:07am On Feb 22, 2011
Igbo= 45% of Lagos population=8.5 million people of Igbo origin
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by fstranger3(m): 5:15am On Feb 22, 2011
Nchara:

Igbo= 45% of Lagos population=8.5 million people

MY bro, that is not true

Igbo is actually 95% of Lagos population. You need to check your facts.
Igbos actually own Lagos
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 22, 2011
I didnt catch the man`s name.
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 22, 2011
Nurain [b]Mumu[/b]ni?

hmmm, Yorubas and their welcomeness. Just the same way the Hausa-Fulanis easily acculturated themselves into the Yoruba tribe. And they say Yorubas are tribalists. Can you find this sympathetic gesture in the SE? I think not lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Chyz2: 6:08am On Feb 22, 2011
tpiah!:

I didnt catch the man`s name.

Segun Arinze
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by EzeUche2(m): 6:21am On Feb 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Nurain [b]Mumu[/b]ni?

hmmm, Yorubas and their welcomeness. Just the same way the Hausa-Fulanis easily acculturated themselves into the Yoruba tribe. And they say Yorubas are tribalists. Can you find this sympathetic gesture in the SE? I think not lipsrsealed

Come to the SE and find out. Plenty of your brothers in Onitsha and Aba.
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 6:36am On Feb 22, 2011
EzeUche_:

Come to the SE and find out. Plenty of your brothers in Onitsha and Aba.

Just fix up that raggedy looking Int'l airport of yours. Planning on building my other houses in SE, the Yorubas must move there in great numbers.

With my six husbands, hopefully, we can create generations of generations of football teams in Enugu grin
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by EzeUche2(m): 6:40am On Feb 22, 2011
^^^

I thought we were going to make an Aro-Ekiti hybrid? My people believe in mixing with others. It is actually encouraged. I am tired of these Eastern groups, so having an Aro-Ekiti would bring me praise.
grin
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by ekubear1: 6:41am On Feb 22, 2011
Lol. Looks like the CPC isn't serious about winning there. PDP I guess is at least trying.
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 22, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

I thought we were going to make an Aro-Ekiti hybrid? My people believe in mixing with others. It is actually encouraged. I am tired of these Eastern groups, so having an Aro-Ekiti would bring me praise.
grin

God forbid! angry
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by EzeUche2(m): 6:46am On Feb 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

God forbid! angry

God has nothing to do with this business. This is between Ado Ekiti and Arochukwu. wink
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by coolgb(m): 6:47am On Feb 22, 2011
eko o ni baje o, igbo ke?
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 22, 2011
EzeUche_:

God has nothing to do with this business. This is between Ado Ekiti and Arochukwu. wink

Ekubear, do you have any sisters? With big "ikebe"?
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by fstranger3(m): 6:51am On Feb 22, 2011
coolgb:

eko o ni baje o, igbo ke?

Won kan tan ra won ni

Oro won dabi oro Iya Jimoh to de mosalasi t'oro pe oun ti de ile omo e

Leave them alone, CPC ko, OPC ni
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by EzeUche2(m): 6:52am On Feb 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ekubear, do you have any sisters? With big "ikebe"?
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 22, 2011
^^^ LMAO you're obviously crazy grin grin
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by EzeUche2(m): 6:57am On Feb 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

^^^ LMAO you're obviously crazy grin grin

I am in search of the elusive bootius maximus. I hear they are a common sign in the fable land of Odua. I have looked far and wide, but I haven't found that perfect booty. cool
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Jeel: 6:58am On Feb 22, 2011
No mans land
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by ekubear1: 7:00am On Feb 22, 2011
lol @ that picture

@ileke-idi: all but one of them are too young regardless
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 22, 2011
EzeUche_:

I am in search of the elusive bootius maximus. I hear they are a common sign in the fable land of Odua. I have looked far and wide, but I haven't found that perfect booty. cool

LOL Maybe you were searching with your eyes close. Go to Ajegunle grin

eku_bear:

lol @ that picture

@ileke-idi: all but one of them are too young regardless
lol anything from 18-35 is good for Uche.
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by coolgb(m): 7:08am On Feb 22, 2011
@ fstanger3,whoeva it was dat brought dat idea,does not like d party,am still laughin about d iya jimoh, o ma see oooo
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by EzeUche2(m): 7:10am On Feb 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Maybe you were searching with your eyes close. Go to Ajegunle  grin

All I have encountered are big bosoms. I am tired of these bosoms. Most women with big bosoms lack the large posterior that I have yet to taste. That sweet, sweet nectar of the big ikebe. You provide me with a Yoruba woman who posses those characteristics, there will be peace on Nairaland amongst the Igbo and Yoruba. You can offer yourself as well, there will be no complaints.  grin
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 22, 2011
EzeUche_:

All I have encountered are big bosoms. I am tired of these bosoms. Most women with big bosoms lack the large posterior that I have yet to taste. That sweet, sweet nectar of the big ikebe. You provide me with a Yoruba woman who posses those characteristics, there will be peace on Nairaland amongst the Igbo and Yoruba. You can offer yourself as well, there will be no complaints.  grin

Nah, am not looking for peace tongue
And why should I find you a woman like that when you wont be able to handle all that accessory? grin
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by ekubear1: 7:24am On Feb 22, 2011
This thread has taken a hilarious twist tongue
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by aspabay(m): 7:50am On Feb 22, 2011
fstranger3:

MY bro, that is not true

Igbo is actually 95% of Lagos population. You need to check your facts.
Igbos actually own Lagos

See mumu, because someone is not yuruba makes you think he is igbo. you igbos know very well how to fool yourselfs, nonsence!
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by excanny: 9:08am On Feb 22, 2011
I wil personally advice that Igbos to stay away from Lagos politics. The hausas are even better prepared for the conflicts associated with ruling in a foreign land since they hardly live in among natives, but in seperated enclaves. Thus, it's more easier to defend themselves if $h*t hits the fan.

Igbos will be crushed should the natives turn against them due to their careless way of living in among the locals.

If any Igbo has a brilliant political dream, he should look towards the SE that is currently suffering from a brain drain. There his contribution will be much more needed.

The old saying goes 'Charity begins at home'.
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by ekubear1: 10:13am On Feb 22, 2011
^-- We need talented Igbo in Yorubaland. I'd rather they stay in Lagos than leave for the SE, personally.

Just politics is a no-go area. Everything else (business, investment, trade, etc) is fine, though.

My invitation (which I'm probably not authorized to make, lol) goes out to anyone, not just Igbo.
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by alex101(m): 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2011
excanny:

I wil personally advice that Igbos to stay away from Lagos politics. The hausas are even better prepared for the conflicts associated with ruling in a foreign land since they hardly live in among natives, but in seperated enclaves. Thus, it's more easier to defend themselves if $h*t hits the fan.

Igbos will be crushed should the natives turn against them due to their careless way of living in among the locals.

If any Igbo has a brilliant political dream, he should look towards the SE that is currently suffering from a brain drain. There his contribution will be much more needed.

The old saying goes 'Charity begins at home'.

May your days be long!
I've always wondered about this idea that some of my Igbo brothers have about ruling others (Lagos in this case). No Igbo should run for office outside of Igbo land-NEVER. Many of us are just overly cosmopolitan. Smart Igbo folks only make money outside Igbo land, but will never have any fixed asset like land or house where they reside.
Nigeria is not one and will NEVER be one. I hate to say this (apology in advance); do we need another war to remind all these efulefus that unbriddled one nigerianism is what has kept and is still keeping Ndigbo in their current political plight in the nigerian dungeon?
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by step1: 5:05pm On Feb 22, 2011
CPC ko, CPC ni. Goodluck to them
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by nwaigbomg(m): 5:31pm On Feb 22, 2011
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/jan/13/newsbreak-13-01-2011-001.htm
Lagos: 26 parties move against Fashola
•To present common candidate on APGA ticket
By DURO ADESEKO
Thursday, January 13, 2011
After weighing the chances of the 26 political parties involved in the bid to wrest power from the ruling Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Lagos, the Coalition of Lagos State Political Parties (COLASOPP) yesterday announced its decision to contest all elections in the state on the ticket of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).

According to COLASOPP leaders, all candidates of the coalition would campaign and contest under the name, logo and emblem of APGA. The objective of the coalition is to dislodge the ACN government in Lagos at the April polls.

Convener of COLASOPP, Dr. Adegbola Dominic who is also the chairman of Action Party of Nigeria (APN) said yesterday during a press conference at the Excellence Hotel, Ikeja that the ACN would be defeated by the coalition at the polls in April adding that the coalition would in due course increase the tempo of its campaign.

The coalition, he said, is set to convince Nigerians with hard facts that the ACN has failed in Lagos. He said: “The ACN government has too little to show for the 12 years in government in spite of the enormous revenue and the massive foreign loan it has obtained. The ACN is busy squandering taxpayers money on media propaganda, lying that the government is performing wonders, while residents in the state have nothing but tales of misery and woe.”
Although Dominic was silence about it, the coalition is believed to be banking on Igbo vote, which is said to constitute more than 35 per cent of the electorate in Lagos. Indeed, sources within the coalition told Daily Sun that the Igbo community in Lagos was last week mandated to present a candidate for the position of the deputy governor.[/color[color=#770077]]
All leaders of Igbo communities and town heads would soon be informed of the need to register and campaign hard for the candidates of the coalition contesting on the ticket of APGA. The coalition is also expecting massive support from the leadership of APGA and other prominent Igbo leaders. It is expected that the only governor of APGA, Peter Obi and APGA national chairman, Victor Umeh would effectively take part in the campaign in Lagos.

On fund raising, prominent businessmen disgruntled with excessive taxation by the Babatunde Raji Fashola government are determined to give the coalition all the necessary financial muscle required to dislodge the Fashola government. Consultation is said to be at an advance stage to get the coalition to kick-start its campaign for the April polls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano Blasts Vice President Sambo / Kaduna Christian Youths Just As Criminal As The Catholic Church Suicide Bomber. / "Let The Glory Of Nigeria Be Restored In His (GEJ) Time"- Pastor E. Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.