Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,817 members, 7,898,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:32 PM

Pdp Moves Against Salami - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Moves Against Salami (4588 Views)

Ribadu Hides As PDP Moves To Appoint Him Party Chairman / EFCC Moves Against Diezani’s Associates, Seizes Cars, Cash, Jewellery / PDP Moves To Woo Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by texazzpete(m): 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2011
pro01:

I don't see how this is the real issue. The REAL issue is: is it true or false that Justhief Salami has been communnicating with the afore-mentioned people (especially Bola Tinubu)? ? ? That is the real gaddem issue. If it is true, then I dont give a damn how the call logs were obtained; the end justifies the means in situations like this - given that Justhief Salami was acting squeaky clean and holier than thou all these while by slinging mud at the Chief Justice. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands; you don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. It is now clear why Justhief Salami did not want a promotion to the Supreme Court.

Then you're short sighted.
Obtaining your call logs without a court order is a criminal invasion of privacy. the fact that a third party like the PDP can easily obtain your call logs, position and location data etc without a court order is frankly frightening. Today it's phone logs tomorrow it's the PDP planting wire taps in your house without your permission.

Justice Salami is to be considered innocent until the PDP can legally prove otherwise. There is no legal route for the PDP to have detailed copies of call logs for many citizens.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2011
jabbok:

How did PDP obtain salami's call logs legally? Abeg which Network Salami dey use?

GEJ is desperate and leading Naija to d abatoir!
Discuss issue my brother! your statement above will not help Asiwaju congress of Nigeria and the corrupt salami
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 23, 2011
Wadeoye:

Those elections were rigged - PDP should shut up!

Their plan is to get the Salami out of appeal court so they don't lose all the states in the coming election.
So are you saying in a nutshell that ACN only plan to win through Salami's magic court without wining any election the proper way?
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
byrron:

Vote pat utomi. Thieves accusing fellow thieves. Vote rightly nw
I love this new song and I am with u on this,vote Pat Utomi!!!
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Amalaaba: 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2011
Then you're short sighted.
Obtaining your call logs without a court order is a criminal invasion of privacy. the fact that a third party like the PDP can easily obtain your call logs, position and location data etc without a court order is frankly frightening. Today it's phone logs tomorrow it's the PDP planting wire taps in your house without your permission.

Justice Salami is to be considered innocent until the PDP can legally prove otherwise. There is no legal route for the PDP to have detailed copies of call logs for many citizens.

I can not agree more with this fellow. I believe the PDP are the most dangerous rogues we have in Nigeria. They may get Nigeria down at all cost if we don't allow them have their. Politicians are the greatest robbers ever born. They must have our money, life and Power at all cost; even if they destroy everything Nigerian.

The PDP will succeed in removing SALAMI. I don't however care if he is removed, if and only if he compromised his judgement(s). He was not part of both Ekiti and Osun tribunals, so if he is corrupt, then many more heads must roll.

I am scared for Nigeria, these Politicians are desperate and dangerous.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by juman(m): 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
No Shaking.

No wahala.

ACN FOREVER.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by ziccoit: 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2011
I read through this thread and my heart race faster and faster in surprise at what we are made to believe and not to believe.

PDP is the issue here not the ACN or the SALAMI. Why this is coming now? This is just politics. PDP has said it is ruling us for the next 50 years. A non-performance party saying this means more than what the surface meaning of the sentence convey.

Let's fold our arm against the chest. We shall all witness where this is leading to.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by juman(m): 3:37pm On Feb 23, 2011
PDP = Enemy of masses

Let see, their claims will result into nothing.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by juman(m): 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
ziccoit:

I read through this thread and my heart race faster and faster in surprise at what we are made to believe and not to believe.

PDP is the issue here not the ACN or the SALAMI. Why this is coming now? This is just politics. PDP has said it is ruling us for the next 50 years. A non-performance party saying this means more than what the surface meaning of the sentence convey.

Let's fold our arm against the chest. We shall all witness where this is leading to.

Mubarak Option.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2011
It is politics! No permanent friends nor enemies. Just permanent interests! If these call logs were true either legally or illegally then justice salami should be duely punished if not dismissed cos the judiciary is the last hope of the masses. Though i wouldnt be surprised 2no that pdp also made him an offer but he opted a better one from ACN courtesy the lion in bourdillon. NOW THAT PDP HAS DECIDED TO GO FOR THE KILL LETS SEE HOW MESSY IT BECOMES
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Ibime(m): 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2011
Wrong process, RIGHT RESULT!!! grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by juman(m): 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ibime:

Wrong process, RIGHT RESULT!!! grin grin grin

Right process, right result. No wayo wayo.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Demoladoc: 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2011
abeg make i call bola tinubu maybe e fit tell fashola make e make me commissioner for money affairs wink
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Beaf: 7:14pm On Feb 23, 2011
I am afraid that if the call logs are proven true, how they were obtained wouldn't matter in the least before a court of law. Thats the way it rolls.
We have the outing of a judge, his position is now untenable regardless of any card he plays, its called "roast duck."

Oni claims to have even more damning records in reserve too. . . Blockbuster! cool
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by TewMuch: 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
Since when did PDP start becoming police? WHo gave them access to those call logs and in the process breached the man's privacy? The telephone companies should be sued. And PDP has just shown how desperate they are. So what if he called people that belonged to a particular party on his PERSONAL phone? What does that prove? If his judgment was really wrong how come PDP did not have the balls to appeal it when he ruled? WHo had the might and power to rig in Nigeria? ACN? This rubbish chase they are doing will only get them sued. I hope Salami takes advantage and cleans PDP and the telephone companies out for violating his privacy. They have the money, no time o.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Beaf: 7:33pm On Feb 23, 2011
^
Are you talking about the same man that hurriedly dropped his law suit against the AGN, because of "stakeholder interest" and other buncum?
Salami is a sinking ship.

He can sue for breach of privacy and a thousand other things, but that does not invalidate the call logs. PDP might not be saints, but they have this very neatly sewn up.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by againstGEJ(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
look at half baked investigators and poof headed judges. instead of facing the real issue, you are talking about MTN and stuff. is MTN the issue here? nairalanders are never objective in their comments, they just write as it leaks from their mouth. these are serious issues and for sure ACN and Salami has cases to answer. but as usual, blame it on GEJ.

ACN my foot, Ribadu my yanch.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by againstGEJ(m): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2011
TewMuch:

Since when did PDP start becoming police? WHo gave them access to those call logs and in the process breached the man's privacy? The telephone companies should be sued. And PDP has just shown how desperate they are. So what if he called people that belonged to a particular party on his PERSONAL phone? What does that prove? If his judgment was really wrong how come PDP did not have the balls to appeal it when he ruled? WHo had the might and power to rig in Nigeria? ACN? This rubbish chase they are doing will only get them sued. I hope Salami takes advantage and cleans PDP and the telephone companies out for violating his privacy. They have the money, no time o.

This just shows you know nothing about Law and the legal practice.

There was even a call at 11pm. what were they discussing? how to rob a bank? or how to sleep with their wives?
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by TewMuch: 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2011
againstGEJ:

This just shows you know nothing about Law and the legal practice.

There was even a call at 11pm. what were they discussing? how to rob a bank? or how to sleep with their wives?

hahahha, you definitely deserve to be ignored because you do not have an idea what privacy means.
Beaf:

^
Are you talking about the same man that hurriedly dropped his law suit against the AGN, because of "stakeholder interest" and other buncum?
Salami is a sinking ship.

He can sue for breach of privacy and a thousand other things, but that does not invalidate the call logs. PDP might not be saints, but they have this very neatly sewn up.

I will like to know what evidence they have. The fact that the CJN tried to subvert the rule of law is enough to get him fired. He should not be in that position. Also illegally obtaining evidence in a court of law makes it inadmissible. So PDP just messed up their chances with the call logs, they should have let the police or SSS investigate that. There is nothing on the man as long as you dont have written or eyewitness evidence. They violated his privacy, so that evidence will be thrown out. Because you are the rigging machine in Nigeria does not make you Judge, Jury and executioner. This case is a flop, and all evidence points against CJN who should resign immediately. Despite whatever involvement salami has. PDP's over enthusiasm on the matter shows they were involved in trying to "promote" salami in their bid to rig the elections again. CJN should be forced to resign.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by againstGEJ(m): 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
LOL.

Privacy my yanch. In Nigeria? Mucus full some brains.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by osifred(m): 10:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
I can say for sure that ACN is not better than PDP!
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Missy85(f): 12:07am On Feb 24, 2011
I assume d PDP has no intention of taking this to a court, since they must be aware that obtaining evidence illegally tarnishes that evidence & renders it inadmissible. Law 101.

The public release of  information is to hem Mr Salami into a corner & embarrass him sufficiently enough to secure a voluntary resignation.

Also, neither the president nor pdp has the power to remove him. They have to work thru the Judicial council headed by d Chief Justice. They tried to use d latter but d attempt failed cause Salami claimed to have a lot of dirt on d Chf Justice.

This will  get a lot  messier, but my bet is Salami will prob go in the end as the other camp pile on d pressure.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by k9ine(m): 12:53am On Feb 24, 2011
I doubt the authencity of those records. If they are authentic, how come MTN released the data logs of it's customer, without a court order.
MTN has just shot itself in the foot.
Justice Salami should sue & ask for compensatory and punitive damages as much 2/3 of their last profit declared.
Corporations Must be Taught to be Responsible in Nigeria!
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by marvix(m): 1:47am On Feb 24, 2011
I believe the issue should be faced here, did Salami actually discuss with Tinubu and co. I believe the PDP governors should have accused him without the evidence and allow him deny, before bringing up these evidences.

I also believe that it is obvious that majority of NLanders operate a double set of standards in reacting to issues, If Tinubu had brought phone logs of Jonathan discussing with Jega how many of those folks would actually ask that MTN be sued?

Someone even went as far as to mention the Yaradua case, that case was a clear case of an independent judiciary that did its job without fear or favour, court judgements are always given with a consideration to the effects it would have ob society, the evidences before the court in the Yaradua VS Buhari case was not enough to declare Buhari as president and that definitely is obvious to us all, now the judiciary had a president who obeyed their orders without questions as against Obj who chooses what judgement hew will obey and which he would not. If you annul the election and order a re run, who takes charge of the country, what if Yaradua loses because he didnt want to rig the elections and say an Atiku goes ahead to rig the elections and when he becomes president hold the judiciary to ransom, it is obvious today that the Judiciary has become independent from the govt, but as can be seen in this case it seems thye have now chosen to be agents of the opposition.

If PDP says that they will rule for the next 50yrs, you can not blame them, blame the opposition, because its not their fault that there is no viable opposition that can dislodge them.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by omogidi234(m): 8:34am On Feb 24, 2011
Hi all,

Let us look at this issue from a legal point of view, in Nigeria today the prevailing practice in criminal proceeding is that a law enforcement agent can break into property, privacy and a take a piece of evidence and tender same ( well you could bring an action for trespass but he could defend himself that he was in the line of duty and the law permits him/her to do so). Now this is an exception to search warrant.
The purport of my comment is that as it has been said by other posters earlier, anybody breaking into another person's property or privacy and same is not a law enforcement agent shall be liable. What these chaps should have done would have been to instigate Police or SSS to do this Job. Let us see how this unfolds.

Best regards.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by teskyg: 8:36am On Feb 24, 2011
I always believe that there was more to it than meet the eyes the way those judgments in Ekiti and Osun where delivered.Justice Salami shot himself on the foot when he refuse to move to the Supreme Court.It was a sign that he was benefiting from a loot somewhere and didn't want to miss the big fish in the pan in the next election.

They will come hard on him.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Canales(m): 9:37am On Feb 24, 2011
Am surprised we are falling for this shit! shocked
This is Simply PDP's Plan B. Since Salami rejected Promotion
they would do anything to bring him down.
Besides why would Segun Oni and Co. wait till now before petitioning.
These guys are just fooling us all. Lets do it the Libyan, egyptian, tunisian etc way, flush dem out. angry angry angry
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 24, 2011
I'm irritated by the hypocrites talking about 'invasion of privacy' and MTN blah blah blah. Why not face the REAL ISSUE? Is it true or false that Justhief Salami was communicating with Tinubu and co? ? ? ? ? ? If it is true, then: why on earth should the Appeal Court President be discussing with Tinubu and his agents? Why? Is this not the issue at stake? Why chase after rats when your house is on fire? This is why Nigerians can be quite disgusting at times. Here is a man claiming to be Mr. Integrity - disgracing the Chief Justice by publicly accusing him of corruption, and yet the evidence has clearly exposed the fact that he himself (Salami) is as corrupt and shameless as anyone else. And yet some of you sleazy hypocrites will ignore that more important fact and choose to question how call logs were obtained. One day you would burst into your room and catch your wife being hammered by another man and she'll angrily shout at you for barging into the room and invading her 'privacy' by not knocking first. Nonsense.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by forkadict(m): 10:00am On Feb 24, 2011
Many questions beg for answers here. One. Is it true that the ACN actually won the elections in Ekiti and Osun states? Two. If they truly did, why was Salami in contact with ACN party members before the verdict was pronounced? Three. If it was the PDP that won the elections in those states (which i really doubt given their dirty politicking and rigging expertise), why did the appeal court pervert justice by declaring ACN the winner in those states?Four. Is it true that the Salami-Katsina Alu face off was as a result of the latter trying to influence the former into declaring the PDP as the winner of  the gubernatorial election in Sokoto state? Five. Is it true that Salami's 'promotion' from the appeal court to the supreme court is all a ploy to plant a PDP stooge in Salami's place so that they (PDP) can secure their illegal mandates in the courts? Six. Are there any truths as regards Salami's call logs evidence presented by the PDP? I am less concerned whether the evidences were obtained illegally or not. I am only concerned about the veracity of the evidences.
We all know for a fact that both the PDP led executive and legislature are the epitome of corruption in this country. But for the judiciary to also be dragged into it? All the arms of government reek of corruption. Is there any hope, any hope whatsoever for the common man and for the development of this country? Oh God! Please have mercy on us the helpless citizens of this country. We deserve much much better than these bitter experiences.  ** Runs off to the bathroom to throw up**
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by Canales(m): 10:13am On Feb 24, 2011
My people pls be informed: whether salami remains in the Appeal Court or not is no longer relevant or important.

Electoral Petitions Now terminates at the Supreme Court! The only thing needed for any party to do to win elections is to win on the field, if not, going to the courts will no longer yield any results. Jonathan and his cohorts have successfully maneurverd the constitution and planted thier Loyalists i the top echelion of the judiciary to suite thr own purposes. The only person REMAINING, and who wldnt dance to thr tune is Salami. Thats why they want to create all ds nosensicals around him , bring him to disrepute and force him to resign. Guys wake up.

The revolutions in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and co started on the Internet. It begins with yu and me!
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by omogidi234(m): 10:56am On Feb 24, 2011
pro01:

I'm irritated by the hypocrites talking about 'invasion of privacy' and MTN blah blah blah. Why not face the REAL ISSUE? Is it true or false that Justhief Salami was communicating with Tinubu and co? ? ? ? ? ? If it is true, then: why on earth should the Appeal Court President be discussing with Tinubu and his agents? Why? Is this not the issue at stake? Why chase after rats when your house is on fire? This is why Nigerians can be quite disgusting at times. Here is a man claiming to be Mr. Integrity - disgracing the Chief Justice by publicly accusing him of corruption, and yet the evidence has clearly exposed the fact that he himself (Salami) is as corrupt and shameless as anyone else. And yet some of you sleazy hypocrites will ignore that more important fact and choose to question how call logs were obtained. One day you would burst into your room and catch your wife being hammered by another man and she'll angrily shout at you for barging into the room and invading her 'privacy' by not knocking first. Nonsense.

@ poster, we are all passionate about this great country. In law there are no sentiments or emotion. When an issue arises you apply the law/principle and sometimes precedent and you come up with conclusion or judgement (at least a basic explanation). NO REASONABLE NIGERIAN WILL HEAR THIS AND BE HAPPY. What I am particularly saying is that whoever did uncover this deed privately has ruined our chances of getting justice because evidence obtained illegally by a private/individual is not admissible in law. The issue at hand is criminal and not civil so the ONLY option left is to carry gun if you have. No amount of discussion will amount to trial. The only thing our discussion can resort to is REVOLUTION. I will be expecting you to lead that.
Re: Pdp Moves Against Salami by againstGEJ(m): 11:01am On Feb 24, 2011
Revolution, Revolution, Revolution.

any small thing now, na revolution. Meanwhile most of them are seated comfortably outside the zone.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Runs The Risk Of Collapse —fayemi / If APC Wins Presidency 2015, I Will Cease To Be A Nigerian - Himkers / Why Gen. Buhari Sentences Prof Ambrose Ali To 100 Years In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.