Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason (35042 Views)

Can I Employ My Wife Without Appointment Letter? Need Advice / Can You Make Love To Your Husband/wife Without Kissing / How Do You Punish Your Wife Without Beating Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Dtruthspeaker: 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2020
olawalepopoola:

She hates because she was not allowed to control their home. A friend of mine is in that situation now.

Then you are already doing what you are supposed to be doing, which is driving your Ship/Plane (home) as A Captain with Your Co-Captain!

Yeah, mothers do not like that, but she was once captain of her home and over you then but now you are Captain of your own house with your own personal Co-Captain!

It's your Ship/Plane, when you enter her Ship then she can captain you!

But it is your Ship/Plane now. Captain on!

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by frozen70(f): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
olawalepopoola:
Good day all. Hope we are all fine.
I want to ask what can be done when you get to know and confirm that your mother hates your wife without any tangible reason and all she wants is to either control your home or destroy it by all means.
Valuable answers will be appreciated

You know that she never liked her but your love for her made you to marry her

I think you have to move your family away from your mother's reach

Keep sending whatever you have for her and if possible see her with your family when necessary and don't stay beyond 1!2 days

Meanwhile your wife will have to tolerate her any time she pays a visit

With time your mum will give up and you have to keep protecting your wife

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by ayoolaslim: 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
Most most part is wen yor husband siblings don’t even want to see you at all
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:
I want to ask what can be done when you get to know and confirm that your mother hates your wife without any tangible reason and all she wants is to either control your home or destroy it by all means.
There must be a reason ....find it out ...even your mother might not know ...finding the root cause of a conflict is the best way to solve it

It can be her name it reminds her of something or the way she walks or something like that
...u cant hate a human for no reason

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by crackhouse(m): 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2020
Na your mother hates your wife no be my own mother.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Softgamer: 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
them no born my mama well to begn hate my wife, did my fathers mother hate on her?
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Grace146: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
There has to be a very good reason for the hatred and also when did u detect it, was it during courtship or after marriage.
Mothers want just the best for their offsprings, everyone knows that!!!

4 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
Then she'll be banned from my home with reason.
Her husband's house should be OK for her.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Anaerobi(m): 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2020
Hmmmm... marriage is not easy o. women just like been in control. why na
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by omooba969(m): 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2020
It's normal. grin
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2020
Send your mother packing

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Lovelyn451(f): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2020
It is your fault!!!
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by 4tomandchi: 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:
A man has a role to play in the molding of his family and in every good marriage counseling you are always adviced to keep your marital issues away from external interference. So if you find out that your mother's involvement in your family is creating problem please solve it by mediating and bringing peace. Some parents can be very controlling I made that mistake in the early years of my marriage but as soon as I noticed it I reduced my parents involvement in our marriage and we have been living peaceful ever since.
One thing you should know is that you can't marry your mother and you owe your wife and kids the responsibility to provide and enabling environment for their development and well being.

4 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by kudinkarfe: 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2020
Your wife may be doing something that irritated your mum..... she will be pretending to be nice to your mum in your presence. Girls of nowadays can be funny so talk to your wife. Your mum is your mom and she will never be against your family except if your wife is showing attitude

3 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by solmusdesigns: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2020
cool

Your mother is your mother, and your wife is your wife. You need to look them in the eyes and spell their boundaries.

It might sound stupid and unreasonable but you have to tell your mother that she can't complain about your wife's cooking or kitchen activities she can only tell you as an opinion and advice and you tell your wife all grudges she has for your mum must be reported through you

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Chris2863(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2020
crackhaus:
What is the reason she hates her first of all?

This is very important before we can rate it as tangible/intangible.
You didn't read the write up abi??
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2020
Jesslove:
She may be a witch and your spiritual wife this is why she is jealous of your wife
You just went on to type rubbish about someone's mother, you Christians sometimes type without thinking.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by AfroKnight: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2020
Your question is skewed. It assumes your mother is a sadist.

There is always a reason for the animosity your mother has towards your wife. Don’t overlook the signs. Your behaviour may be a part of that reason.

7 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by integrity16(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2020
Hmm, OP. I have been in your shoes before and trust me..There is fire on the mountain.
You have to protect your wife from her onslaught if her hatred towards your wife cannot be justified.

You must also try to use diplomatic means to resolve issues between them if possible.

Lastly, please put her in prayers oh very mportant. God help you.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Lexusgs430: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:

No wife you marry, your mother would like....... She simply believes, your wife has stolen you away from her.........

You have to be and remain emotionally and psychologically intelligent............

If you gave your mum money, bought her things etc etc, before you got married...... Post marriage, all those things have reduced or stopped....... And you don't expect her to hate her rival......... No orisa like 2 women!!!!

Protect your wife too........

2 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by vickydevoka(m): 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2020
I never really encounter such, all I know is dat wives do hate de husbands brothers n sisters buh force de husband to like hers.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by DonBenny77(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:
Your mother could be a witch without knowing it, my elder brother calls it "unconscious bias" but I'm more direct I call it witchcraft.
Pls protect your wife I beg you.

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by DonBenny77(m): 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
SegFault:

You just went on to type rubbish about someone's mother, you Christians sometimes type without thinking.
It's not rubbish
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by ImaIma1(f): 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
4tomandchi:

A man has a role to play in the molding of his family and in every good marriage counseling you are always adviced to keep your marital issues away from external interference. So if you find out that your mother's involvement in your family is creating problem please solve it by mediating and bringing peace. Some parents can be very controlling I made that mistake in the early years of my marriage but as soon as I noticed it I reduced my parents involvement in our marriage and we have been living peaceful ever since.
One thing you should know is that you can't marry your mother and you owe your wife and kids the responsibility to provide and enabling environment for their development and well being.

Very true. The man has to be a mediator between his family and his wife and also make sure he sets healthy boundaries.

Women tend to be too attached to their sons; babying them even till they are full grown men. The men allow it until it becomes a problem when they get married and the mother still wants to remain as attached. It inevitably causee problems.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Akalia(m): 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2020
Righteousness89:
From my Experience Counselling Families with Similar Challenges, my Advice is that you and your Wife Stick together and be Soaked in God.

It may Likely become a Spiritual Battle! But if you both can stick together in God, Victory is Certain..
Thanks for the wise counsel. Currently I and my wife are facing the same thing from my mother and to even compound the problem my female siblings are taking my mum's side.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by bptc10: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2020
What you face is very common this days, I advice you to face your marriage provided you love your wife and your wife loves you, your mother is there just to destroy your relationship with your wife, so I advice you to keep your mother far away from your marriage, she's there for a mission.

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
DonBenny77:

It's not rubbish
It is, if it were me that fool referred to I would have had the person banned immediately what sort of foolish behaviour is that.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by MansoryMX(m): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:

We are not all fine o bro. I don’t have food in my house

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by ahiboilandgas: 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:
there must be reason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How My Aunt's Children Led To Her Death / Please Help, I Am A Man But, I Behave Feminine! / Afribaby Mother And Baby Expo 2015 In Gbagada Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.