Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,903 members, 7,945,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

Original Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Original Sin (549 Views)

Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) / "original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God! / Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Original Sin by yommyuk: 3:17am On Feb 23, 2011
Genesis 3 describes how human moral innocence collapsed through rebellion

Genesis 3:11
"Who told you that you were naked? the Lord God asked. "Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?"

What God had declared good was no more completely so. 

Genesis 1:31
"And God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good!

Man and woman ate the fruit that promised knowledge of good and evil and thus broke God's command

Genesis 2:17
"expect the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die."

The worst of all, They tried to become like God, a feat satan tried and failed. This made them fall from their sinless state. Alienated from God, one another, and creation, they also became subject(condemned) to death. They invoked Genesis 2:17 on themsleves. undecided

The term "original sin" symbolises sin's complete, universal infiltration into individual lives and human society as a result of human rebelion. When the first man and woman ate the fruit in disobedience to God, they forfeited their own innocence and that of their children. and the entire human race.

Romans 5:12
12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned

But thank God, we serve a God whose mercy endures forever. Immediately, after the "Great flood" (Noah's era), the Lord promised:

Geneisis 8:21
And the Lord was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice (Noah's) and said to himself. " I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent forward evil from childhood. I will never destroy all living things.

That was the begining of God's promise of "Human Salvation". Never again will we be destroyed even though we are sinners. smiley What made God make such a commitment?

The frist man, Adam introduced sin, but the "second Adam," Jesus Christ, is sin's antidote (remedy, cure). When satan reminds us of our sin in order to fill us with guilt, the answer we give the "evil one" is ------------------------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

John 3:16
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. ----- Amen and Halleluya to that!

Romans 1:16-17
"For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving EVERYONE who BELIEVES - the Jew frist and also the Gentiles. This Good News tells us how God makes us RIGHT in HIS SIGHT. This is accomplished from START to FINISH by FAITH. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."

CONCLUSION

Isaiah 46:13
"For I(God) am ready to set things right, not in the distant future, but right Now! I am ready to save Jerusalem and show my glory to Israel"

Christ died as our Redeemer, he made God's salvation from sin available to all. Therefore unlike a babalawo who bestows palm oil and gin on his idols, the Lord will bestow true dignity on all his people. No more condemnation cool

God bless wink

(1) (Reply)

The Dysfunctional System Of Lies / The Religious Combat / I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.