Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,167 members, 7,884,072 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:22 PM

Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry (13283 Views)

Yewa Land Lagos History (anagos, Eyos, Ogu (egun), Ifonyin, Ije, Sabe And Ketu) / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by semasir: 10:12am On Feb 23, 2011
One major identity of any race without mincing words is their language. There is absolutely no race without an identified language to its roots. The Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, language is "the system of sounds and words used by humans to express their thoughts and feelings". Taking note of this, I wonder what the future holds for each culture or say ethnic group if their form of expression of feelings and thoughts are lost! A total loss I hear someone say? It is a big shame to cover up one's origin in the name of civilization and exposure.
I was born and nurtured in Badagry and had been living a few of my last four yrs now of my entire life out of Badagry but I can say it with all dignity that I am ashamed of most indigenes of this particular community called Badagry who deny this town of its pride only to come home during periods of their needs to get support and run off without looking back. 'if you fail to impact on your community, your community will fail to regard you'.
To get right on the point, parents are just not worth it being praised for their lack of seriousness to see that at least a minimal of their culture-the language is impacted on their wards; you can imagine a family where both are intra-related and understand the language and they fail to teach their children the ABC of their language? Excuse can be granted to inter-married couples but not sufficient likewise a big shame to those who fail to learn it as well forgetting very soon, history will never forget them to have ignored their moral obligation and with this, make the language extinct.

It is high time we all, regardless of our background, go back and learn our identity and try not to make our identity lost forever in history just like the dinassours had been.
Stand up for a just course now, our language must gain its pride amongst the rest and never be lost forever.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by gfhotee: 11:16am On Feb 23, 2011
This is interesting and true. Unfortunately I am one of those that comes from Badagry but cannot really speak the language except for the few I learnt from people around me. I was born and brought up in the municipal of lagos and my Dad though takes me home at times but not enough to learn the language cos we hardly spend 2 days at home. I think its a responsibility our parents had ignored, especially the ones that were busy in the Lagos metropolis, carried away with the challenges of career. But dts not enough excuse, look at the Igbos, my wife is partly Itsekiri and Asaba, I realize dt these ethnic group, Igbos speak the language to their wards weather they are in the village or abroad. Tht is wht our parents didnt do, take it or leave it, u are able to speak the language because u grew up in the village, has it been that ur parents were one of those who came to the metropolis for greener pastures ull be facing wht am facing.
Been proud of our root is another problem we have with our people in the Metropolis, reason been that some people take it as fun to make fun of u when u say ure"EGUN" this is a reason bore out of the way some people from cotonou who are also known as Egun live within the lagos Metropolis, some go without bra, "half nude", so they are seen as uncivilized. I lived in Makoko during my bachelorhood and had to face many of this stigma, but I was always proud to be an Egun, in fact they dont believe me, thinking I was joking about it. Its time we stand out and let them knw that we are not what they think we are, we are better off than most of these tribes. I started a family group on FB (FACEBOOK) to gather my family members together and do u knw that we speak Egun freely on the walls of each other? Gone are the days that we feel inferior, have i ever even felt inferior? No! I guess some of us are weak and not proud of their root. Check out this my family group link on FB, cut and paste this link in your browser address bar. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=69157623424

1 Like

Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by semasir: 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2011
If there's anything I'm proud of, its definately being an Egun boy and I stand for it anywhere and I'm as well proud you do. It'd be alarming if you get to know that I'm not even fluent as you suppose despite living there which is why I'm doing my possible best now being fluent in it. Circumstances is however never an excuse as you rightly said but we all have that duty of protecting what is ours-that's one thing I admire the Igbos and most Asians of. I'd gladly get to join your league of members on the group soon, I'm happy getting across to someone as well from my origin like you
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by semasir: 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2011
If there's anything I'm proud of, its definately being an Egun boy and I stand for it anywhere and I'm as well proud you do. It'd be alarming if you get to know that I'm not even fluent as you suppose despite living there which is why I'm doing my possible best now being fluent in it. Circumstances is however never an excuse as you rightly said but we all have that duty of protecting what is ours-that's one thing I admire the Igbos and most Asians of. I'd gladly get to join your league of members on the group soon, I'm happy getting across to someone as well from my origin like you
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by AndreUweh(m): 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Semasir,
It is interesting reading your post. Egun language must be preserved. However, Egun people must bear Egun names, it's a pity a lot of them have abandoned Egun names for Yoruba names.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by Afam4eva(m): 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2011
Is Egun not supposed to be a subset of yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by semasir: 9:09pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Isinweke: that's just it, I'm proudly an Egun boy and had never denied it once even when the odds are low. It'd be better if Egun indigenes bear their local names, mine is Semasa as well and I cherish it so much.

@Afam4eva: yes it is but that does not mean Yoruba names must overwhelm Egun names. Have you seen a Chinese bearing others name?

1 Like

Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by AndreUweh(m): 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2011
semasir:

@Isinweke: that's just it, I'm proudly an Egun boy and had never denied it once even when the odds are low. It'd be better if Egun indigenes bear their local names, mine is Semasa as well and I cherish it so much.

@Afam4eva: yes it is but that does not mean Yoruba names must overwhelm Egun names. Have you seen a Chinese bearing others name?
It shall be well with you. Egun people should encourage their wards to bear Egun names. Also, they should see themselves as Egun. Some of them see themselves as Yorubas and that is insane.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2011
Andre Uweh:

@Semasir,
It is interesting reading your post. Egun language must be preserved. However, Egun people must bear Egun names, it's a pity a lot of them have abandoned Egun names for Yoruba names.

afam4eva:

the op and subsequent poster did not once mention yoruba in their posts.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by TewMuch: 10:18pm On Feb 23, 2011
Andre Uweh:

It shall be well with you. Egun people should encourage their wards to bear Egun names. Also, they should see themselves as Egun. Some of them see themselves as Yorubas and that is insane.
Andre Uweh:

@Semasir,

Trying to convince the guy he is not Yoruba, you obviously missed this:
afam4eva:

ANSWER:
semasir:

@Afam4eva: [b]yes it is[/b] but that does not mean Yoruba names must overwhelm Egun names. Have you seen a Chinese bearing others name?

grin grin grin

Please, in your campaign to insult and undermine Yoruba's please be well informed. Even the guy told you but you were still trying to convince him to have something to argue/lie about on future threads.lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by semasir: 10:26pm On Feb 23, 2011
@TewMuch: the multi-ethnicity in Nigeria doesn't mean that Egun is a subset of Yoruba, rather it simply means they're considered or grouped as Yorubas simply because they fall on the same geopolitical zone. I need you to convince me that a Calabar indigene considering self as an Igbo or others doing same.

2 Likes

Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by semasir: 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Andre Uweh: you got me all correct. Egun or local names are quite important than foreign names for identity and originality purpose and cultural promotion as well.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:32pm On Feb 23, 2011
apparently "Egun" is a Yoruba word meaning "bones"

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/topic,463af2212,469f2ea82,3ae6ad6e7c,0.html

http://www.bioline.org.br/request?ep03009 (talks about the "Ogu" or Egun-speaking peoples and their family structure)
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by AndreUweh(m): 10:37pm On Feb 23, 2011
semasir:

@TewMuch: the multi-ethnicity in Nigeria doesn't mean that Egun is a subset of Yoruba, rather it simply means they're considered or grouped as Yorubas simply because they fall on the same geopolitical zone. I need you to convince me that a Calabar indigene considering self as an Igbo or others doing same.
You are correct.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by TewMuch: 12:45am On Feb 24, 2011
Mr Egun, get your story stright with your fair weather stories. Andre Uweh is a very mischevous fellow. See below:

"
The other two groups of Lagos State citizens are the Ogu people of Badagry and its environs, and the Ijebu in Ikorodu and Epe Local Governments.

Badagry town houses the first storey building in Nigeria, built in 1845 and still standing on its original site.

Badagry's original name was Gbagle a contraction of the word Ogbaglee, meaning in Ogu (not Egun as commonly mis-pronounced and mis-spelt) "a farmland near the swamp". The Ogu people are historically reputed to have migrated from the ancient Ketu.

Kingdom (part of Oduduwa's Kingdom) and they left Ile-Ife around the mid-13th century, for Accra in Gold Coast. The Ga/Ewe (Aja-Ogu) speaking group of today's Ghana are indeed the kith and kin of the Ogu of Badagry. "

http://www.ngex.com/nigeria/places/states/lagos.htm

Perhaps they bear Yoruba names because of their kinship with Yoruba's and so many inter-marriages. You can't deny your father's heritage Mr. Semasa no matter how certain elements will want to misconstrue it politically. Peace, knowledge is power.

1 Like

Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by EzeUche2(m): 12:49am On Feb 24, 2011
I support the Egun people and their question to preserve their culture and language from Yoruba hegemony. cool

1 Like

Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by Obiagu1(m): 1:07am On Feb 24, 2011
So Yorubas are claiming Egun
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by TewMuch: 1:12am On Feb 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

I support the Egun people and their question to preserve their culture and language from Yoruba hegemony. cool
Obiagu1:

So Yorubas are claiming Egun

Sure, just like Igbo are claiming Delta people who swear violently that they are not Igbo. I knew you people will jump on this to prove something but you have missed the boat here. There are dialects and cultural influences. My link also proves Ezeche's denial that Yoruba's went as far as Ghana.

7 Likes

Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by EzeUche2(m): 1:31am On Feb 24, 2011
TewMuch:

Sure, just like Igbo are claiming Delta people who swear violently that they are not Igbo. I knew you people will jump on this to prove something but you have missed the boat here. There are dialects and cultural influences. My link also proves Ezeche's denial that Yoruba's went as far as Ghana.

An Ewe or a Ga would slap you for your assertion. Ga is no way related to Ewe. Now the Ewe say they are originally from Ile-Ife, but their language is not even Yoruba.

Yorubas are not in Ghana, so stop with that assertion.

And for the Ga, they are a language isolate like the Ijaws. Their language has no similarity with any of our languages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Igbos are claiming only the Ukwuani, Ika and Anioma, because they all speak Igbo dialects. I have no problem understanding someone who speaks the Anioma dialect.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by step1: 1:32am On Feb 24, 2011
semasir:

Mr egun if you want to preserve your heritage, then no one is stopping you. I am awori as well from isale-eko and i can tell you egun is part of Yoruba as a whole. Do you agree ?
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by EzeUche2(m): 1:33am On Feb 24, 2011
Why are Yorubas trying to make Egun culture go extinct? They can't even use their Egun names or speak their language. Shame on you all! grin
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by ezeagu(m): 2:20am On Feb 24, 2011
TewMuch:

So did Jay-jay Okocha, Pat Utomi or Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala ever swear violently that they are not Igbo? How about Major Chukwuma Nzoegwu? grin

EzeUche_:

I have no problem understanding someone who speaks the Anioma dialect.

There's no 'Anioma dialect'. In fact, there's no such thing as 'Anioma' or an 'Anioma' identity. You can quote this post.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by semasir: 5:02am On Feb 24, 2011
TewMuch:

Mr Egun, get your story stright with your fair weather stories. Andre Uweh is a very mischevous fellow. See below:

"
The other two groups of Lagos State citizens are the Ogu people of Badagry and its environs, and the Ijebu in Ikorodu and Epe Local Governments.

Badagry town houses the first storey building in Nigeria, built in 1845 and still standing on its original site.

Badagry's original name was Gbagle a contraction of the word Ogbaglee, meaning in Ogu (not Egun as commonly mis-pronounced and mis-spelt) "a farmland near the swamp". The Ogu people are historically reputed to have migrated from the ancient Ketu.

Kingdom (part of Oduduwa's Kingdom) and they left Ile-Ife around the mid-13th century, for Accra in Gold Coast. The Ga/Ewe (Aja-Ogu) speaking group of today's Ghana are indeed the kith and kin of the Ogu of Badagry. "

http://www.ngex.com/nigeria/places/states/lagos.htm

Perhaps they bear Yoruba names because of their kinship with Yoruba's and so many inter-marriages. You can't deny your father's heritage Mr. Semasa no matter how certain elements will want to misconstrue it politically. Peace, knowledge is power.

that's interesting of you assuring your claims but be reminded that as much as I respect the authorship one thing stands clear in this that "Ogu" is the language not "Egun" as rightly said but "Egun" is the people itself and it should not be wrongly gotten that is outrightly Yoruba, its just the interrelationship that exists that bring them together and mind you, it was the Yoruba speaking community of Republic of Benin that migrated from Ile-Ife not the Eguns rather they do so from Ghana.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by semasir: 5:13am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

http://www.bioline.org.br/request?ep03009 (talks about the "Ogu" or Egun-speaking peoples and their family structure)

@PhysicsMHD: I don't mean to play down your intelligence and as well don't mean to insult you but that's rude of you not knowing what you really want to say. The Yoruba word "EGUN" with the ascent (re re) is far too different from "ÈGÙN" with the ascent (do do). These two words are only synonymous in spellings but not in pronunciation, they are two WIDE and distinct words. Always make posts of things so sure and confirmed please.

2 Likes

Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by semasir: 5:13am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

@PhysicsMHD: I don't mean to play down your intelligence and as well don't mean to insult you but that's rude of you not knowing what you really want to say. The Yoruba word "EGUN" with the ascent (re re) is far too different from "ÈGÙN" with the ascent (do do). These two words are only synonymous in spellings but not in pronunciation, they are two WIDE and distinct words. Always make posts of things so sure and confirmed please.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by TewMuch: 6:29am On Feb 24, 2011
semasir:

You have freedom to be whoever you want to be. No one is forcing you. Besides fashola has given egun people a spot on nta to promote their language so it doesnt seem like Awori's are trying to take advantage. However, Yoruba kingdom stretched very far and its descendants are far and wide. Most Egun people have 50% or more yoruba blood in them over centuries of mixing and intermarriage. I found this interesting article on the Ga-adangbe preferable the La asafo who claim ancestral descent from Ile-ife. Language changes as people migrate. People assimilate and borrow words.

"THE NUBIAN TONGUE PRESERVES ITS AUTHENTICITY BY ABIDING TO ITS ANCIENT SPIRITUAL LEGACY. THIS IS EVIDENT IN THE ADA LANGUAGE OF THE GA-ADANGBE SUB-NATION, WHICH RETAINED THE ANCESTRAL NAME "NIMLOR" SPELT BY THE MODERN HEBREW,GREEK OR LATIN AS "NIMROID". THUS, A SAYING IN THE ADA LANGUAGE;- 'NOR NOR TSHAPI "NIMLOI" OR "NOMLOI", LITERALLY MEANS ;THIS PERSON IS NOT A "NIMROID" (NIMLOI). THIS SAYING IS ADDRESSED TO A PERSON WHO DO NOT POSSESS THE CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALITIES OF "NIMLOI" AS A WARRIOR, KING, AN ORACLE OR A PERSON OF HOLY SPIRITUAL PRACTICES. THEREFORE, A PERSON WHO IS NOT A GOOD PERSON, OR ANY PERSON OR PERSONS WHO WILL DO ANYTHING BAD MAY BE ADDRESSED AS "NOR NOR TSHAPI NIMLOI".

MANY THOUSANDS OF YEARS B.C. THE “ADA/KROBO”, “GA,” “GBE” AND OTHER RELATIVE NATIONS WERE PART OF THE "YOOHUBA" NATION (YORUBA), THEN PART OF THE SUMA/ UBAIDA PEOPLE WHO WERE ATTACKED OUT OF THEIR LAND BY TERRORISTS AND VANDALS. DUE TO THESE ATTACKS SOME OF THE NUBIANS WERE ENSLAVED WITHIN THEIR OWN NATIONS AND SUB NATIONS AND MOST OF THEM RELOCATED TO MANY RELATIVES AREAS ON THE NUBIAN CONTINENT NOW CALLED “AFRICA”. MOST CHANGED THEIR NATIONS NAMES DUE TO SECURITY REASONS, AND OTHER NAMES WERE CHANGED DUE TO EUROPEAN COLONIZATION, COUPLED WITH RELIGION AND LANGUAGE CONVERSIONS.

MANY OF THE (UBAIDAN) “IBADA” PEOPLE THEN OF THE SUMA TERRITORY CAN BE FOUND AMONG MANY TERRITORIES IN THE PRESENT AFRICA, MOSTLY IN NIGERIA'S YORUBA. YOO-RU-BA = THE FEMALE COUNTER-PART OF THE SUPREME DIVINE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. THE MALE COUNTER-PART IS "NU". "
http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=79565&sid=0f58de18fe90f72f9961545e83a83931
Even Lamurudu/Nimrod is mentioned shocked shocked
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by semasir: 7:23am On Feb 24, 2011
@Tewmuch:

TewMuch:

Besides fashola has given egun people a spot on nta to promote their language so it doesnt seem like Awori's are trying to take advantage.
"THE NUBIAN TONGUE PRESERVES ITS AUTHENTICITY BY ABIDING TO ITS ANCIENT SPIRITUAL LEGACY. THIS IS EVIDENT IN THE ADA LANGUAGE OF THE GA-ADANGBE SUB-NATION, WHICH RETAINED THE ANCESTRAL NAME "NIMLOR" SPELT BY THE MODERN HEBREW,GREEK OR LATIN AS "NIMROID". THUS, A SAYING IN THE ADA LANGUAGE;- 'NOR NOR TSHAPI "NIMLOI" OR "NOMLOI", LITERALLY MEANS ;THIS PERSON IS NOT A "NIMROID" (NIMLOI). THIS SAYING IS ADDRESSED TO A PERSON WHO DO NOT POSSESS THE CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALITIES OF "NIMLOI" AS A WARRIOR, KING, AN ORACLE OR A PERSON OF HOLY SPIRITUAL PRACTICES. THEREFORE, A PERSON WHO IS NOT A GOOD PERSON, OR ANY PERSON OR PERSONS WHO WILL DO ANYTHING BAD MAY BE ADDRESSED AS "NOR NOR TSHAPI NIMLOI".

MANY THOUSANDS OF YEARS B.C. THE “ADA/KROBO”, “GA,” “GBE” AND OTHER RELATIVE NATIONS WERE PART OF THE "YOOHUBA" NATION (YORUBA), THEN PART OF THE SUMA/ UBAIDA PEOPLE WHO WERE ATTACKED OUT OF THEIR LAND BY TERRORISTS AND VANDALS. DUE TO THESE ATTACKS SOME OF THE NUBIANS WERE ENSLAVED WITHIN THEIR OWN NATIONS AND SUB NATIONS AND MOST OF THEM RELOCATED TO MANY RELATIVES AREAS ON THE NUBIAN CONTINENT NOW CALLED “AFRICA”. MOST CHANGED THEIR NATIONS NAMES DUE TO SECURITY REASONS, AND OTHER NAMES WERE CHANGED DUE TO EUROPEAN COLONIZATION, COUPLED WITH RELIGION AND LANGUAGE CONVERSIONS.

MANY OF THE (UBAIDAN) “IBADA” PEOPLE THEN OF THE SUMA TERRITORY CAN BE FOUND AMONG MANY TERRITORIES IN THE PRESENT AFRICA, MOSTLY IN NIGERIA'S YORUBA. YOO-RU-BA = THE FEMALE COUNTER-PART OF THE SUPREME DIVINE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. THE MALE COUNTER-PART IS "NU". "
http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=79565&sid=0f58de18fe90f72f9961545e83a83931
Even Lamurudu/Nimrod is mentioned shocked shocked

that's investigatory of you. I find it good when we share common thoughts on the positives though to enlighten ourselves.
I guess you meant LTV and not the NTA?

1 Like

Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by AndreUweh(m): 10:28am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Am sure you feel comfortable when Edos write their own history. Hence it is better Eguns write their own history.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by AndreUweh(m): 10:32am On Feb 24, 2011
TewMuch:

Boy, you got it wrong. Ndigbo are not claiming Delta state and Never. The point is that there is Igbo in 9 LGA's of Delta state. You guys are the ones who are even claiming Kwara state, a state that has Nupes, Fulanis etc. This is a fact you can not deny.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by Obiagu1(m): 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2011
TewMuch:

@ the bolded

I now understand why Yorubas are cowards and bitchy. No wonder.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by semasir: 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
Obiagu1:

@ the bolded

I now understand why Yorubas are cowards and bitchy. No wonder.

@Obiagu1: ah, Ah, Ah, That's unkind of you. Can someone refer to the Igbos-I mean all- as being fraudulent by nature and you'd glad by it? You don't judge everyone by picking a sample.
Re: Our Language Is Going Dead- A Case Study Of The Ogu (egun) Language Of Badagry by Abagworo(m): 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2011
ezeagu:

So did Jay-jay Okocha, Pat Utomi or Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala ever swear violently that they are not Igbo? How about Major Chukwuma Nzoegwu? grin

All the people on your list are from Oshimili and Aniocha.The Igbo denial only exists partly in the Ukwuani and Ika area.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asiri Ogun Awon Baba Wa / Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry / Meaning Of The Name Dabiri?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.