Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,331 members, 7,884,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

Dvd-cdrw Messing Up - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Dvd-cdrw Messing Up (788 Views)

Spectranet Is Messing Up Real Bad / Starcomms Is Messing Up! / What Is The Best Isp For Now,my Evdo 580 Is Messing Up Badly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dvd-cdrw Messing Up by randa(m): 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2007
pls i need help, my dvd writer does not read cd's, but it can eject if there is no cd in it, if you fix in a cd or dvd it does not read, and when u go to my computer, right click and click eject on the dvd-cdrw it takes like fifteen seconds before bringing out the cd, i have tried to pull the drive from the laptop(its detachable) and fix it back, still the problem persist, i even went to the setup, disable the drive and then enable it again, no change,does anyone have a solution before i shoot to the engineers?
Re: Dvd-cdrw Messing Up by inze(m): 11:05am On Jun 21, 2007
I think the problem is from the pins in the drive, all those detacheable stuffs are not very reliable cos, pulling out and in of the drives may make the pins to shift from its position.

But before you go to the enginerr try this.

Right-click my computer
Select Properties
Device manager
then check the drive if it displays any ?? error
If not, rightclick the drive and select scan for hardware change.

Here are some steps.

Wish you well.

I n z e

(1) (Reply)

Digital Bible / Why Can't Inanimate Objects Cause The Computer To Function / Have You Started Using The Bum Marketing Technique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.