Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,885 members, 7,942,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:24 AM

Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? (1447 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm Again, Kill OPC Security Guard / Nigeria’s 1914 Amalgamation Has Expired, Says Ijaw Congress / Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by macjive01: 3:15am On Feb 24, 2011
Ijaw Congress president shot, hospitalised
From HENRY CHUKWURAH, Port Harcourt

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

President of Pan-Ijaw organisation, the Ijaw National Congress (INC), Dr. Atuboyedia Obianimie, is now lying critically ill in a Port Harcourt hospital, following an attack by gunmen. The Rivers State Police Command, however, suspects that his attackers were kidnappers.

advertisement

Dr. Obianimie, a senior lecturer at the University of Port Harcourt, was shot in the thigh on Monday night in the university town of Choba, near the Rivers State capital.

The attack occurred less than 48 hours after two gunmen on a motorcycle shot another university lecturer dead in the state.

It was gathered that an unspecified number of gunmen attacked the INC president at about 8.10 pm at the Choba roundabout.

A timely intervention by policemen on patrol foiled an attempt to kidnap him and possibly snatch his car.

Confirming the incident, Police spokesperson in the state, Dr. Rita Inoma-Abbey (SP), said the Police patrol team later pursued the gunmen up to a spot where they ran into a market.

She explained that the hoodlums escaped because policemen could not fire any shot for fear that innocent persons in the market could be hit.

The Police image-maker said the gunmen abandoned two AK 47 rifles, two magazines and 21 live ammunition.

She confirmed that the INC president was responding to treatment in an undisclosed hospital, assuring that investigation and the manhunt for the gunmen were in progress.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/feb/23/503.html
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by jason123: 3:17am On Feb 24, 2011
How does that relate to OPC My guy Yorubas ansd Ijaws would NEVER FIGHT again! OKAY?
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by macjive01: 3:18am On Feb 24, 2011
has the kidnapped abi abducted oba not been found yet?  shocked shocked shocked shocked

abeg the country no need further escalation of wahala
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by ekubear1: 3:23am On Feb 24, 2011
Kidnapping seems a bit odd though. What if they shot and killed him? Why is it clearly a kidnapping attempt?
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by EzeUche2(m): 3:25am On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

How does that relate to OPC My guy Yorubas ansd Ijaws would NEVER FIGHT again! OKAY?

Can you please shut up. We have seen clear evidence of Ijaws fighting Ilaje. Are they not Yoruba?
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by aljharem(m): 3:26am On Feb 24, 2011
see my igbo brother causing fight between ijaw and yoruba

smh

mukina2 better act fast before it turns to something else
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by fstranger3(m): 3:28am On Feb 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

Can you please shut up. We have seen clear evidence of Ijaws fighting Ilaje. Are they not Yoruba?

Like Aguleri and Umuleri you mean?
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by jason123: 3:28am On Feb 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

jason123:

READ BEFORE REPLYING
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by Rhino5dm: 4:20am On Feb 24, 2011
The assailants were sent to take him out. NO ONE PLAYS WITH FIRE WITHOUT GETTING BURN!
we are coming back for his head, very soon! bloody ijaw.
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by macjive01: 4:55am On Feb 24, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

The assailants were sent to take him out. NO ONE PLAYS WITH FIRE WITHOUT GETTING BURN!
we are coming back for his head, very soon! bloody ijaw.

all i can say is that: "u dont walk around fire expecting not to sweat"- - - ( lil wayne, 2010 )
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by Chyz2: 5:03am On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

I think you've developed a serious case of illiteracy for the pat couple months. Knowing when WILL should be used instead of WOULD should not be hard for a boy who lives in Britain. Stay off of nairaland and go to class homie. cool
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by jason123: 5:04am On Feb 24, 2011
Chyz*:

I think you've developed a serious case of illiteracy for the pat couple months. Knowing when WILL should be used instead of WOULD should not be hard for a boy who lives in Britain. Stay off of nairaland and go to class homie. cool

Thank you!
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by Rhino5dm: 5:07am On Feb 24, 2011
It's a little too late to say that you're sorry now
You kicked me when I was down, fvck what you say, just
Don't hurt me, it don't hurt me, no more
[size=14pt]bi.t.ch, you get no love[/size] ________________ wink wink wink(NO LOVE! lil wayne & Eminem)

macjive01:

all i can say is that: "u dont walk around fire expecting not to sweat"- - - ( lil wayne, 2010 )
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by fstranger3(m): 5:11am On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

Thank you!

I give you a lot of respect for this post, for not biting his bait.

It shows that your are more mature than Chyz. Keep it up Jason.
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by ekubear1: 5:13am On Feb 24, 2011
Wow. Totally misread and thought the OPC actually shot him. Seems to be pure speculation on the part of the OP, no?

Seems a bit unlikely that the OPCs reach extends to PHC.

Plus, kidnapping for ransom doesn't sound like the OPCs style  wink
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by aljharem(m): 5:14am On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

Thank you!

good one brother, let him keep talking stu.pid
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by Chyz2: 5:25am On Feb 24, 2011
fstranger3:

I give you a lot of respect for this post, for not biting his bait.

It shows that your are more mature than Chyz. Keep it up Jason.

Yea jason my man, Keep it up. wink
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by ekubear1: 5:38am On Feb 24, 2011
Hrm. On second thought. . . perhaps all of these kidnappings east of the River Niger were done by the OPC!

Such rascality and criminality must be condemned  wink grin
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by fstranger3(m): 5:41am On Feb 24, 2011
Possible

Damn Yorubas. Always mistreating the Ibos.
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by EzeUche2(m): 5:50am On Feb 24, 2011
These people think they have reach in the East. grin

Yorubas are in fairly good number in Port Harcourt though. They could easily be used as a scapegoat and allow the Ijaws to battle them once more. While we Igbos just laugh. And indeed, anything is possible in Nigeria.
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by fstranger3(m): 5:57am On Feb 24, 2011
There are no Yorubas in the Port Harcourt, very very very few.

God has blessed our land, what is there in Portharcourt ? Nothing, compared to what we have back home.

There are Yorubas in the North though, we'd rather live with Hausas, very nice people.
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by ekubear1: 5:59am On Feb 24, 2011
^-- lol. There is a lot of oil wealth in PHC.

Rivers State is flourishing as a result.
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by Chyz2: 6:05am On Feb 24, 2011
fstranger3:

There are no Yorubas in the Port Harcourt, very very very few.

God has blessed our land, what is there in Portharcourt ? Nothing, compared to what we have back home.

There are Yorubas in the North though, we'd rather live with Hausas, very nice people.

You are a fool for this statement, obviously you've never been to PH.olodo
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by fstranger3(m): 6:11am On Feb 24, 2011
Chyz*:

You are a fool for this statement, obviously you've never been to PH.olodo

God forbid I ever have to go there

My friends who served there and my other friend who got an engineering job there hate it.

They all wanna come back home, for reasons I wont go into today.

Their experience is opposite of what Igbos in the SW experience. The level of hospitality, compared to what is obtainable in the SW, is nothing to write home about.

Same reason why affluent Ibos leave in droves for the good land, Yorubaland. May God continue to bless Yorubaland. The most peaceful region in the whole of Nigeria.
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by ekubear1: 6:17am On Feb 24, 2011
^--- That is not true at all. PH is great. Wonderful city.
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by fstranger3(m): 6:20am On Feb 24, 2011
eku_bear:

^--- That is not true at all. PH is great. Wonderful city.

Ever lived there?

The people I went to school with always lament to me anytime I talk to them over the phone. I am just being honest.
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by jason123: 6:22am On Feb 24, 2011
fstranger3:

Ever lived there?

The people I went to school with always lament to me anytime I talk to them over the phone. I am just being honest.

Dapo is right. my uncle works there. He said it is a nice place to live in.
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by fstranger3(m): 6:26am On Feb 24, 2011
^^^

Thats the non-Ibo area
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by ekubear1: 6:26am On Feb 24, 2011
fstranger3:

Ever lived there?

Visited there for a month. It was a lot of fun. I was even able to find some games of basketball.

I wouldn't mind living there at all.
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by jason123: 6:29am On Feb 24, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

Thats the non-Ibo area

You this guy . . . . . . cheesy grin Actually, he did not disclose the area to me.

eku_bear:

Visited there for a month. It was a lot of fun. I was even able to find some games of basketball.

I wouldn't mind living there at all.

Same here!
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by fstranger3(m): 6:29am On Feb 24, 2011
^^^

Good for you.

Lucky you!
Re: Ijaw Congress President Shot - Opc ? by misterh(m): 6:29am On Feb 24, 2011
firstly, the topic is misleading. secondly, if this attitude of tribalism is not curbed, Nigeria can't develop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

92 Nigerians Repatriated From Britain / Gadaffi Dead Body / Prepare Your Handover Note, PDP Tells Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.