Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,939 members, 7,969,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 03:49 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakilome - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakilome (13292 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome DID NOT Ban Singer , Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor Chris Oyakilome Allegedly Bans Singer, Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 3:54am On Jul 10, 2007
I hope what I'm reading about this man is not true.
I just hope people are kidding.
Does he really perm his hair and with what relaxer?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by 9ja4eva: 4:39am On Jul 10, 2007
lmao @ thread.

E get some kain miracle wey d man dey perform ehen person go dey wonder say hmm na d same God we dey serve.Well i wldnt mind him performing some of his miracles to the disabled on the street.Abi he no dey pass dem for road.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Dios(f): 4:40am On Jul 10, 2007
Fuschia? grin Born again christians are the most dillusional people I've ever seen.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by uchetobi(f): 10:24am On Jul 10, 2007
I think it might just be safer to lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by dollyp1cute(f): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2007
I reference a post earlier that Jesus wore designer clothes that even the Roman Soldiers casted lots, please understand it was prophecy being fulfilled, even if he was wearing dirty rags they would have casted lots for it, it is Prophecy had nothing to do with whether he was wearing designer or not, don't add to the word of God
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by bodsibobo(m): 11:05am On Jul 10, 2007
Hhmmmm!

thats all i will say for now
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 10, 2007
His church seems to me to be some form of cult and he is the leader. I went once with an Aunt, They take attendance so that if you miss a day of service they can hunt you down. The pastor kept coming to see my Aunt in the office to the extent that she had to be running away from the guy. They made several pledges on her behalf as if she did not have other responsibilities.

His followers in my opinion are completely brainwashed, in capable of any reasoning except what he things feeds them with, Imagine watching TV and seeing Old men struggling to look like a man. Haba, God made us in his image not in Pastor Chris Image.

The same Bible that says we should not mock Men of God also told us to be Wise and avoid false Prophets and not to worship any God except him.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by intune(f): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2007
What I'll say is that we should be careful how we criticize and talk about these 'men of God'. If you are not sure of anyone of them, just stay away and keep your mouth from saying the wrong things. Remember, God struck Miriam with Leprosy for 7days for joining Aaron to criticize Moses for marrying a cushite woman(which was even wrong by the way) so I suggest we are very careful lest se face God's wrath.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by darfur(m): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2007
God's wrath will 1st decend on all those who are using his name to decieve everybody in nigeria. all those televangelists will answer to God someday. but for me o, they have fallen far below my expectations. there is no iota of humility in any of them. holiness is debatable.

while darfur is a wretched sinner, darfur doesn't pretend to be holy (even though he is trying) and more importantly darfur no de mislead anybody

but all those who decieve people, on the day of reckoning, it will be better for them that they had a weight tied to their neck and they thrown into the sea, than what God will do to them

he who has ears, let him hear
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by pilgrim1(f): 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2007
Thanks darfur, for this line:

darfur:

God's wrath will 1st decend on all those who are using his name to decieve everybody in nigeria.

. . . and every other place. I'm not better than anyone else; but it is my spiritual responsibility to discern what I hear!

When we see issues like this, we're all very tempted to point fingers (one of our pastors reminded us last night that he was not perfect). But we're reminded to judge nothing until the true Judge of all comes to judge (I Cor. 4:5). At the same time, we're asked to be quite discernable in the Spirit.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by ricadelide(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2007
darfur:

there is no iota of humility in any of them. holiness is debatable.
bros, generalization is not a virtue. cheers.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by incubator(f): 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2007
na wa o!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by toshmann(m): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2007
ricadelide:

bros, generalization is not a virtue. cheers.

that's true. but i agree with darfur to a great extent. not all the televangelists, but majority of them find it hard to be humble.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by ricadelide(m): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2007
toshmann:

that's true. but i agree with darfur to a great extent. not all the televangelists, but majority of them find it hard to be humble.
i actually agreed with most of what he had to say as well - that's why i just zeroed in on the place i felt he was not on point ie generalizing.
the fact that many are like that does not mean that all are - and that usually causes a lot of problems because you tend not to give anyone a benefit of the doubt once you've formed your conclusion already based on the performance of the many (even before meeting or hearing the few who are exceptions). cheers.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Horus(m): 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2007
Born again christians are the most dillusional people I've ever seen.
grin
Police start hunt for wired pastors

POLICE are investigating the conduct of churches for born-again Christians in the wake of rising cases of pastors’ impropriety. Police publicist Asan Kasingye said all allegations – from[b] sodomy to fraud[/b] – would be investigated.

Source: http://www.monitor.co.ug/news/news07111.php

The detectives will be interested in the idea of “sowing”, the term used to describe the generous tithes that pastors manipulate churchgoers into giving in the honest expectation of miracles.
“We are out to find out really if these [pastors] are using tricks to obtain people’s property [and money],” Mr Kasingye said. It also emerged yesterday that there are “ongoing consultations” expected to lead to a policy that regulates the activities of the Pentecostals or balokole, as born-again Christians are popularly called.
“I met [pastors] at the beginning of the year and we discussed the matter,” said Ethics and Integrity Minister James Nsaba Buturo, himself a born-again Christian.
The head of the National Council of Born-Again Churches Alex Mitala said yesterday he would issue a response to the charges tomorrow.
Pastor Martin Sempa of Makerere Community Church said there were “quacks” among the balokole, including those who are “willing to go to Satan to receive power”.
Allegations against some of the church ministers now include sodomy and dubious miracle healing.
The latest incident has been the interrogation by police of Yeboah Nana Kojo, the Ghanaian-born Kampala pastor who allegedly procured an “electric touch” machine that is believed to deliver Holy Spirit-like shock.
“I believe people can pray and God heals, but we have manipulated people,” said Pastor Solomon Male of the Arising for Christ Ministries. “There is a cover-up.”
The temporary arrest of Mr Kojo on July 5, and the possibility that many more pastors use the machine on unsuspecting worshipers desperate for a better in life in the context of poverty and disease, has stoked cynicism over the genuineness of exorcisms and miracle healings that have come to be identified with the Pentecostals.
The manual of Mr Kojo’s gadget, which was confiscated by police, says the user needs to be “creative” with the machine, while an Internet ad declares: “Without a doubt, you will shock people.”
On yigalmesika.com, the website for the gadget’s makers, it is said that their products “are incredibly innovative, clever and a must for those who want to create miracles anywhere at anytime”. It adds: “Everything you touch will turn to excitement.”
The gadget, which can be worn like a corset on the body or under the sole of a shoe, can generate up to 12 volts, enough current to “pleasantly” shock dozens at a time.
According to the users’ manual, “once your body is charged, you are able to transfer this electricity to other objects that are grounded or people”.
But according to Vincent Karuhanga, a general medical practitioner with Kampala Polyclinic, “12 volts is not really much. But if you apply the 12 volts on one person for a long time, it can damage the nerves.”
Mr Kojo, who was arrested and interrogated at Entebbe Airport on July 5 after he attempted to clear the gadget into the country, has claimed it was a birthday gift for his teenage children.
“This is an old machine; it’s a toy. Children in developed countries play with it as a toy under the supervision of adults,” said Mr Augustus Sewankambo, Mr Kojo’s lawyer. “Obiri’s twins who stay in the UK had come to Uganda to celebrate their birthday with him and use the machine on the ceremony.”
Yesterday, Mr Kojo denied any wrong doing claiming he was being “victimised” by police and some fellow pastors although he did not say why he was being picked on.
According to Mr Male, who is noted for his tenacity in exposing vices amongst the balokole, “one does not need to fall down” to be delivered.
“When a person is hit and he falls today, the following Sunday he will fall to the ground before he is hit,” he said. “People do not know that that is a machine because they have been made to believe that Holy Spirit power is shocking power.”
Kampala lawyer Ladislaus Rwakafuuzi said Mr Kojo could face charges that fall under the general offence of false pretences with the possibility of serving up to five years in jail if found guilty.
“There are three possible offences: disturbing religious assemblies, stupefying in order to commit a misdemeanour, and even assault,” Mr Rwakafuuzi said.

Source: http://www.monitor.co.ug/news/news07111.php
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by smartsoft(m): 11:35pm On Jul 10, 2007
My People perish cos of lack of, !, I remain loyal woun't be part of this sins
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by 9ja4eva: 11:42pm On Jul 10, 2007
Wat u mean?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by denex: 6:26am On Jul 11, 2007
So this machine don enter Africa. We're finished.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Esss(m): 7:53am On Jul 11, 2007
This is another miracle from a Christ Embassy Crusade (TOTAL EXPERIENCE)

Usher; Pastor, Pastor This man was paralysed from neck down. He has never walked, nor stood or done anything on his own in 25yrs. He said while you were praying an angel of the lord pushed him off his wheel chair and now he is healed.
Pastor Chris; Praise the lord.
(the crowd cries out halleluyah)
Pastor Chris; Come here Sir. So have not walked in 25years.
Man; Yes sir. I had an accident when I was 19yrs and since then I havent walked again until today.
Pastor Chris; PRAISE THE LORD, so the lord has healed you today?
Man; Yes sir
Pastor Chris; How old are you sir?
Man; 44yrs sir, I'll be 45 next month.
Pastor Chris; And you havent moved in 25years??
Man Yes sir.
Pastor Chris; Run around the alter 5 times
(the man runs around the alter.)
Pastor Chris; Do 10 push-ups
(the man does 10 push-ups easy)
Pastor Chris; Do 10 sit ups
(the man does 10 sit-ups)
Pastor Chris; Now do a back-flip
(the old man does a back flip)
Pastor Chris; Shouts Halleluyah. (Then prays for the man)
(the man falls to the ground).

Now that is what I call a miracle. Pastor Chris is the man. In Fact he is so good that if you add a "T" at the end of his name, voila!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by denex: 8:39am On Jul 11, 2007
The man did a backflip?!!! You can't be serious. Does the healing come with an owners manual on acrobatics?

Hell, I've been walking for 27 years straight and I can't do a backflip. Maybe I need healing.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Esss(m): 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2007
@ Danex

That is good quality miracle. Not those adulterated miracles you see on T.V.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by adeyinkat: 11:00am On Jul 12, 2007
When people scream, cry & even faint at a Michael Jackson musical concert, It's ok

When people campaign vigourously & blindly for a politician to win an election, It's ok

When people rush & trample on each other for the autographs of movie stars, It's ok

When people hero worship soccer stars by buying their jersies, posters & other souvenirs, It's ok

But when people honour their men of God, look & dress like them, speak highly of them, That's hero worship & idolatry!

Haba Nigeria! Don't you guys know that what we need in Nigeria now are role models for the youth in our society! People who can speak to the soul of our nation & galvanise us to action in the right direction. But alas, as soon as one rises up, we try to pull him/her down. We have to change that attitude. We have to look up to people who came out of nowhere & became big because of what they believe in

No, I'm not talking about the embezzler or the ones manipulating the corruption in the society to get big. Rather, l'm talking about the ones who by a dint of hardwork & self belief have grown big. Our country is replete with them but we try to shut them up and most times they end up keeping their ideas to themselves. Not good enough if we want things to improve!

For example, a ban on miracle broadcast on TV because some spurious broadcast have been observed. Very Nigerian indeed! Question is who is losing on the long run? Pastor Chris? Christ Embassy? Christians? Or Nigeria? Well FYI, the Healing School of Christ Embassy went on to debut in another country and guess what? Thousands from all parts of the world go to that country to attend the sessions! Though the Healing School is free in all ramifications but you can imagine the tourist foreign exchange in-flow and good publicity the program is giving that country. Ask yourself why USA has not hounded preachers like Pastor Benny Hinn, Billy Graham, Ceflo Dollar, KC Price, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer etc. So sad for Nigeria!

Jesus Himself said that the glory God had given Him, He has given to US! Suprised? John 17vs19-23, go check it out for yourself. So, if that glory is upon your life, should you deny it? A thousand times NO! Humility is not a lack of self-worth but it's acknowledging that all you are is by the grace of God
Listen to me, God has blessed Pastor Chris and he's blessing the world with that which God has deposited in him. You either partake of or shun that blessing, it's a free world!

Finally, I'll love to say that Pastor Chris is my Pastor and I'd rather be associated with him than any world President or movie star or soccer star or any man for that matter. I follow him because l can see he's following Christ wholeheartedly. Some people's hero might be David Beckham or Kanu or Bill Gates or Ghandi or Mandela, well mine is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and I'm not apologetic about it!. Thanks for reading through.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by denex: 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2007
Thank God you did not forget to mention the word worship.

Besides MIRACLES WERE NOT BANNED ON TV. Why do you people keep lying that miracles were banned?

"UNVERIFIABLE" miracles were banned and anything that is unverifiable is most probably a lie.

So please, get it straight. Verifiable miracles are encouraged by the NBC on Nigerian Television.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by stivin(m): 7:30pm On Jul 12, 2007
men,u guys hav spoken quite analytically n intelligently,really i do believe we all are christians here otherwise we hav no buznex wit this thread because it had been better 2advice a misdirected fellow directly than 2 slay im on a tray and hang 4sale."GOSSIP"
i want to ad dt spiritual thins has never been answerable 2 human faculties,so i enjoin all 2
"work out your own salvation wit fear n trembling"so don't cause another 2 fall except ure an "agent".yes! but gods righteous judgement cometh soon , others beware,
hopin  2 c u al in heaven because dts all dt matters.remember, a man is taken captive by the words of his mouth
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by stivin(m): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When people scream, cry & even faint at a Michael Jackson musical concert, It's ok

When people campaign vigourously & blindly for a politician to win an election, It's ok

When people rush & trample on each other for the autographs of movie stars, It's ok

When people hero worship soccer stars by buying their jersies, posters & other souvenirs, It's ok

But when people honour their men of God, look & dress like them, speak highly of them, That's hero worship & idolatry!

Haba Nigeria! Don't you guys know that what we need in Nigeria now are role models for the youth in our society! People who can speak to the soul of our nation & galvanise us to action in the right direction. But alas, as soon as one rises up, we try to pull him/her down. We have to change that attitude. We have to look up to people who came out of nowhere & became big because of what they believe in

No, I'm not talking about the embezzler or the ones manipulating the corruption in the society to get big. Rather, l'm talking about the ones who by a dint of hardwork & self belief have grown big. Our country is replete with them but we try to shut them up and most times they end up keeping their ideas to themselves. Not good enough if we want things to improve!

For example, a ban on miracle broadcast on TV because some spurious broadcast have been observed. Very Nigerian indeed! Question is who is losing on the long run? Pastor Chris? Christ Embassy? Christians? Or Nigeria? Well FYI, the Healing School of Christ Embassy went on to debut in another country and guess what? Thousands from all parts of the world go to that country to attend the sessions! Though the Healing School is free in all ramifications but you can imagine the tourist foreign exchange in-flow and good publicity the program is giving that country. Ask yourself why USA has not hounded preachers like Pastor Benny Hinn, Billy Graham, Ceflo Dollar, KC Price, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer etc. So sad for Nigeria!

Jesus Himself said that the glory God had given Him, He has given to US! Suprised? John 17vs19-23, go check it out for yourself. So, if that glory is upon your life, should you deny it? A thousand times NO! Humility is not a lack of self-worth but it's acknowledging that all you are is by the grace of God
Listen to me, God has blessed Pastor Chris and he's blessing the world with that which God has deposited in him. You either partake of or shun that blessing, it's a free world!

Finally, I'll love to say that Pastor Chris is my Pastor and I'd rather be associated with him than any world President or movie star or soccer star or any man for that matter. I follow him because l can see he's following Christ wholeheartedly. Some people's hero might be David Beckham or Kanu or Bill Gates or Ghandi or Mandela, well mine is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and I'm not apologetic about it!. Thanks for reading through.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

oghene wiyor kevwe, ameeeeeeeeeen.if only u know the meaning of the prayer i just made 4 u, i know u ll rababatibrodogredesh.really sorry others,just heard family my kin talk in my language.
grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by pilgrim1(f): 10:30pm On Jul 12, 2007
Hi adeyinkat,

I may agree with some of the things you posted. But here's something you might like to review:

adeyinkat:

Ask yourself why USA has not hounded preachers like Pastor Benny Hinn, Billy Graham, Ceflo Dollar, KC Price, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer etc. So sad for Nigeria!

Not true. Every one of those names and more have been hounded by USA. In some instances, it's even shameful to mention what some of those names have been associated with (but Billy Graham continues to inspire me as a man of great integrity and legacy).
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by darfur(m): 10:24am On Jul 13, 2007
@stivin
stivin:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color=#990000]When people scream, cry & even faint at a Michael Jackson musical concert, It's ok

so now we can conviniently put pastor chris in the same category as michael jackson, madonna, bruce willis, demi moore, george bush, tony blair, okocha, maradona, sharon stone, rambo, schwazzenegerr, ini edo etc grin grin grin grin grin

i thought the bible said something about being different from worldliness

And, miracles were not outrightly banned, there was a need for miracles to be verified. what happened. there are a lot of questions that are begging for answers and it is not just about pastor chris, it is about so many nigerian pastors.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by pilgrim1(f): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2007
@darfur,

darfur:

@stivin
so now we can conviniently put pastor chris in the same category as michael jackson, madonna, bruce willis, demi moore, george bush, tony blair, okocha, maradona, sharon stone, rambo, schwazzenegerr, ini edo etc grin grin grin grin grin

i thought the bible said something about being different from worldliness

But you know that stivin was certainly not placing pastor Chris on the same pedestal with those other 'stars'. cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by denex: 3:11am On Jul 14, 2007
@stivin

well, people see michael jackson and they faint, but people see pastor Chris and he makes them faint!

Can I get a Pastor chris autograph.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by DrChiChi: 5:01am On Jul 14, 2007
Welllllllllllllll
I will credit most of you here for being good potential lawyers, especially the one who continue finding ill in this pastor Chris, i've watched him several times but i won't say anything here. All i will say is the bible does say that we should not speak ill of those who the Lord has anointed no matter what! Another thing to note is that, the fact that someone knows the word of God like the back of their hands does not make them the best christian, plz, the devil knew the bible inside out, he had to. Infact, the Lord uses anyone, before i became a christian, i could probably preach a sermon to you and tell how much God loves you even to the point where you accept him into ur life, but i was leading a double life.
So the thing to do is don't ignore the vessel but let your utmost focus be on the word you are recieving, is it in alignment w/ his word, well the only way you'll find out is to search out the scripture for yourself, Pasor chris, benn hin, even bill graham does not have the last say, the bible does, the bible says study the word to show yourself approved. How you gonna know counterfeit if you don't know the original, Start lookin it!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by denex: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2007
Well, the Bible does not say we should speak ill about those whom he has annointed.

But what of those claim that he has annointed them. Those Pastor Chrises, Reverend Kings and TB Joshuas. Must we wait till Pastor Chris Oyakhilome roasts a human being too.

When Reverend King was going about floging his church members and feeding them with his sperm, we stuck to this same maxim "God's annointed" till the man graduated into roasting human being. Okay, carry on.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by darfur(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2007
DrChiChi
the bible also warned of lots of people coming in the name of the lord. therefore we should test the spirit if it's in accordance with the word innit? so many people are doing all sorts of things these days in God's name and we cant just swallow it hook line and sinker.

i just find it hard to trust that guy. that's all i'll say for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Good Morning Prayers : May The Lord Make His Face To Shine Upon You / 6 Ways To Render Acceptable Service To God / Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.