Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,876 members, 7,876,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:06 PM

Analysis Of The Song Of The Women Of My Land - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Analysis Of The Song Of The Women Of My Land (1151 Views)

Song Of The Women Of My Land By Oumar Farouk Sesay - Themes And Poetic Devices / Song Of The Women Of My Land By Oumar Farouk Sesay - A Poem / Literature In English Practice Tests - The Song Of The Women Of My Land By Kumar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Analysis Of The Song Of The Women Of My Land by zona01: 8:32pm On Sep 15, 2020
Structural Analysis
The poem ‘The Song of the Women of my Land’ is an elegy. The poem has 45 lines. It is a free verse with scattered internal rhymes, which give the poem some rhythm. The poem has a lot of run-on-line (enjambment); this helps convey the poet’s subject matter. In general, it has eight stanzas. The first stanza has one line, while the fifth has two lines.
The mood of the poet is that of sadness. The poet is regretful of the state of his people’s history. His reflective mood reveals the lost beauty of his nation’s cultural heritage.
Continue reading at
https://kisswriters.com/analysis-and-the-poetic-devices-of-the-song-of-the-women-of-my-land-by-farouk-oumar-sesay/

(1) (Reply)

Easy Way Of Preparing Examination Questions For Secondary School students / Should I Forgo Law School And Learn Any Tech Skill? / No Time For Gazelle Garagara In Northern Nigeria- Datti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.