Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,397 members, 7,904,483 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:16 PM

The Real Reason Why Africa Is Underdeveloped - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Real Reason Why Africa Is Underdeveloped (320 Views)

Can This Be The Reason Why Africa Is Retarded? / Why Africa Is Still Poor . / Physiological Reason Why Africa Is Underdeveloped. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Reason Why Africa Is Underdeveloped by motivator7: 10:18am On Sep 18, 2020
I've come to the conclusion that we, ‘Africans’ have been living a lie for over the past 400plus years.
We’ve been told by the white men that the problem in Africa is because we were descendants of Ham, the cursed child of Noah.

This I will tell you is a blatant lie.

What you don't really know is that there was little or no difference between the African societies and the European societies 400plus years back. In fact, there were African kingdoms like the kingdom of Mali under Mansa Musa, richer than some European kingdoms combine.

The great disparity arose with the rise of the industrial and scientific revolution, discovered first by the Europeans. With that came an increase in sea voyages and exploration, increase in commerce, and of course, ‘gun powder’, which could propel their bullets in the heads of the black slaves who tried to rebel against their white masters.

The Europeans came with the intent of exploitation disguised as a way of establishing friendly relations with Africans, which ended up being the disaster we are still suffering from today. The Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Our leaders had no choice but to succumb to the superior firepowers posted by their colonial masters. And whoever rebelled was exterminated immediately.
Some of the slaves, at the brink of their suffering, had to make do with the fact that: “their sufferings on earth cannot be compared to the enjoyment they would receive when they get to heaven.” A notion predominantly propagated by their master’s religion.

Read ‘Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.

Nowadays, we dress like them, speak their languages, adopt their system of governance, religion, policies, economics, and education.

When we think about them, words like innovation, development, infrastructure, and urbanization come to our minds.

But have you ever asked yourself what comes to theirs when they think of us? I won't be surprised to hear things like poverty, underdevelopment, fertile land for agriculture, home of the giraffes and elephants, and of course, corruption.

I don't want to sound racist or against the white colonialist(there are still some positives). But my point in all of these is that:
“I know our African leaders were corrupt(and they still are), but the Europeans had a major role to play in the underdevelopment of Africa.”

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why Africa Is Underdeveloped by Enudapan: 10:23am On Sep 18, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Did you know everywhere in Africa?

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why Africa Is Underdeveloped by tommy589(m): 10:29am On Sep 18, 2020
motivator7:

I've come to the conclusion that we, ‘Africans’ have been living a lie for over the past 400plus years.
We’ve been told by the white men that the problem in Africa is because we were descendants of Ham, the cursed child of Noah.

This I will tell you is a blatant lie.

What you don't really know is that there was little or no difference between the African societies and the European societies 400plus years back. In fact, there were African kingdoms like the kingdom of Mali under Mansa Musa, richer than some European kingdoms combine.

The great disparity arose with the rise of the industrial and scientific revolution, discovered first by the Europeans. With that came an increase in sea voyages and exploration, increase in commerce, and of course, ‘gun powder’, which could propel their bullets in the heads of the black slaves who tried to rebel against their white masters.

The Europeans came with the intent of exploitation disguised as a way of establishing friendly relations with Africans, which ended up being the disaster we are still suffering from today. The Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Our leaders had no choice but to succumb to the superior firepowers posted by their colonial masters. And whoever rebelled was exterminated immediately.
Some of the slaves, at the brink of their suffering, had to make do with the fact that: “their sufferings on earth cannot be compared to the enjoyment they would receive when they get to heaven.” A notion predominantly propagated by their master’s religion.

Read ‘Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.

Nowadays, we dress like them, speak their languages, adopt their system of governance, religion, policies, economics, and education.

When we think about them, words like innovation, development, infrastructure, and urbanization come to our minds.

But have you ever asked yourself what comes to theirs when they think of us? I won't be surprised to hear things like poverty, underdevelopment, fertile land for agriculture, home of the giraffes and elephants, and of course, corruption.

I don't want to sound racist or against the white colonialist(there are still some positives). But my point in all of these is that:
“I know our African leaders were corrupt(and they still are), but the Europeans had a major role to play in the underdevelopment of Africa.”

Our social evolution as a race stopped the day we came in contact with whites

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why Africa Is Underdeveloped by paulolee(m): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2020
this ur opinion bt it doesn't make it the "real reason"...some would blame religion, others would blame our bad leaders and some would say the black skin itself is cursed...all av thier own reason but yours is on point though

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why Africa Is Underdeveloped by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 18, 2020
paulolee:
this ur opinion bt it doesn't make it the "real reason"...some would blame religion, others would blame our bad leaders and some would say the black skin itself is cursed...all av thier own reason but yours is on point though
I blame our inability to elect good leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

NANS Applauds NLC, Dapo Abiodun Led Administration For Resolving Planned Strike / Support Reactions For Statically Indeterminate Beam By Method Of Superposition / All Assignment Services Have An Array Of Experts For Finance Case Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.