Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,396 members, 7,881,436 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:37 PM

Opinions Needed. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinions Needed. (2402 Views)

Honest Opinions Needed Concerning This Job Offer / Opinions Needed Asap / Opinions Needed!!-closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinions Needed. by Nobody: 1:45am On Sep 23, 2020
yungchop:

I'll ask her and get back to you embarassed

Modified

Winners chapel and she's a councellor. embarassed

Oh.. k. Maybe someone that worships there will be able to tell us one or two things.

WINNERSMOG.
Re: Opinions Needed. by Ishilove: 3:23am On Sep 23, 2020
It is not by force to do church wedding. If she will agree (which I doubt. So many young ladies are enamoured with the white gown), do the customary wedding and register it. Shikena. Marriage don start

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinions Needed. by NoToPile: 8:00am On Sep 23, 2020
yungchop:

Meaning it has never happened in your denomination?

Never, they wouldn't make it past the marriage commitee.

Except in extraordinary situations sha even at that I doubt they would do a solemnization, they would do a church blessing instead
Re: Opinions Needed. by yungchop: 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Brachaa:

Oh.. k. Maybe someone that worships there will be able to tell us one or two things.

WINNERSMOG.

Yeah
Re: Opinions Needed. by yungchop: 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ishilove:
It is not by force to do church wedding. If she will agree (which I doubt. So many young ladies are enamoured with the white gown), do the customary wedding and register it. Shikena. Marriage don start

Like you said, she's said she wants to do the church marriage being the first and only daughter.
I can follow her to church that's a small thing but what i fear is, will the church agree to join us?
But i think if her parents agree to the union then we can bypass the church if they don't want to join us right? But the girl wants Church. Maybe I'll try to convince her though

If na white gown matter, shey bi na white gown dem dey wear go court too?
Re: Opinions Needed. by oazeez1991(m): 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
bukatyne:

For interfaith marriage to really work, one or both of you are not serious with your religion.

That said, where/how you marry is the least of your problems. You can call her pastor to bless you guys in front of her house.

How would you train your kids? Are you fine with your kids not going to the mosque with you? Is she fine with the kids not following her to Church? Would you attend to your religions seperatedly or would you visit each other's place of worship? During festivities, how would you do it? Would she host your friends during Ileya? Would you join her in the festivities of Christmas?

As a Muslim noted, 'marriage in Islam is a contract; marriage in Christianity is a covenant'. How do you bridge both concepts?

Do you believe in polygamy? Is she fine with it? Do you believe your wife and daughters should wear the hijab? Does she believe in it? There are expectations from men and women in Christian and Islamic marriages: what expectations would you follow? Or would you both have form your own expectations? Or would you guys go the cultural way?

My brother, if you sort out the above, where to marry is not further maths.

Goodluck.

Wudn't av said it any beta. Kudos 2 u Sir 4 such enlightenment.

As far as I know, children in marriages like dis r olwez at d receiving end negatively. I know of marriage whose children suffer due 2 dis religion diversity.

It's only easier at d beginning which is wat most partners focus on, dey leave out or force dia mind 2 swindle away 4rm wat d future might begot, especially wen children start komin in.
Re: Opinions Needed. by WINNERSMOG: 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
Brachaa:

WINNERSMOG.

Just seeing this now. I apologize for the late response.

Winners will not support something like this. The lady must know this, and I believe she must have told it to my guy.

2 Likes

Re: Opinions Needed. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2020
WINNERSMOG:

Just seeing this now. I apologize for the late response.

Winners will not support something like this. The lady must know this, and I believe she must have told it to my guy.

Wow.. I thought as much..

Op, hope you're there.

Thanks for responding.

Yungchop.
Re: Opinions Needed. by yungchop: 12:33am On Sep 24, 2020
Brachaa:

Wow.. I thought as much..

Op, hope you're there.

Thanks for responding.

Yungchop.

I guess I'll have to talk her out of that church wedding stuff... embarassed
Re: Opinions Needed. by bukatyne(f): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2020
yungchop:

I guess I'll have to talk her out of that church wedding stuff... embarassed

Have you sorted out the issue?
Re: Opinions Needed. by yungchop: 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Have you sorted out the issue?

We are no longer dating dear. We had a misunderstand and she brought up the issue again and I wasn't ready to convince her any further. I don waka my waka
Re: Opinions Needed. by bukatyne(f): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
yungchop:

We are no longer dating dear. We had a misunderstand and she brought up the issue again and I wasn't ready to convince her any further. I don waka my waka

Toor.

Goodluck.
Re: Opinions Needed. by yungchop: 10:29pm On Dec 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Toor.

Goodluck.
Thanks jare but we still talk sha. I might still end up marrying her. Like I said earlier, apart from changing my own religion which I won’t do and that doesn’t stop me from following her to church wedding, every other thing is left to her. She’ll make it work if she wants to but as for me I won’t stress it any longer. I’ll take her back if she wants back otherwise when am ready for marriage I’ll go and pick one girl in our village, at this point love means nothing to me anymore.
Re: Opinions Needed. by Corehustler(m): 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
Hello Chief, I need to speak to you, i wouldnt mind if you drop your contacts pls
Re: Opinions Needed. by Kayzik: 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
akaahs:

Is called mix-marriage in Catholic Church.

Yeah, the reason behind it, is to allow either of the partner receive communion.
Re: Opinions Needed. by Teleprompter(f): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2021
Why don't you consider court wedding (Registry)

The traditional marriage is very okay as long as you have a registry certficate.

Some churches don't mind as long as both of you are counselled in the church before the wedding.
Re: Opinions Needed. by Ohizman73(m): 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
yungchop:

Thanks for responding. There are sacrifices we make for things to work. Like I have stated already, I'm not forcing my faith in her nor the children. If the she wants the kids to go to church, it's fine. They being Muslims or Christians won't change the fact that they are my kids.

She'll practice hers, I'll practice mine. Plus during festivities she can celebrate in my house and host her people and we can celebrate mine together too.
What I am saying is, will the Pastor agree to join us together because I am not a Christian?

The OP is right in all spheres there are critical things involved in interfaith marriages, you are desperate because you are in love. in nigeria religion plays a very important sphere in everything we do.It is easier said than done that [

]"I'm not forcing my faith in her nor the children. If the she wants the kids to go to church, it's fine. They being Muslims or Christians won't change the fact that they are my kids.

She'll practice hers, I'll practice mine. Plus during festivities she can celebrate in my house and host her people and we can celebrate mine together too. "

You as a muslim is entitled to as many as four wives and concubines would she sucumb to that,because you are saying that you are free to practise your religion and she hers.No muslim man marrying a xtian woman would want his kid going to her church or practicing her religion.You simply want to deceive her into the marriage then after kids start coming show your true colour.
Re: Opinions Needed. by yungchop: 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ohizman73:

The OP is right in all spheres there are critical things involved in interfaith marriages, you are desperate because you are in love. in nigeria religion plays a very important sphere in everything we do.It is easier said than done that [

]"I'm not forcing my faith in her nor the children. If the she wants the kids to go to church, it's fine. They being Muslims or Christians won't change the fact that they are my kids.

She'll practice hers, I'll practice mine. Plus during festivities she can celebrate in my house and host her people and we can celebrate mine together too. "

You as a muslim is entitled to as many as four wives and concubines would she sucumb to that,because you are saying that you are free to practise your religion and she hers.No muslim man marrying a xtian woman would want his kid going to her church or practicing her religion.You simply want to deceive her into the marriage then after kids start coming show your true colour.

I didn't plan to do that, I loved this girl and was ready to make it work. But we've gone our separate ways since its her parents that will decide for her.. She said her parents said she should reject it and its fine, we parted ways immediately.
Re: Opinions Needed. by yungchop: 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
Teleprompter:
Why don't you consider court wedding (Registry)

The traditional marriage is very okay as long as you have a registry certficate.

Some churches don't mind as long as both of you are counselled in the church before the wedding.

Thanks for your input, we've gone our separate ways, she wasn't willing to sacrifice anything, she insisted that her parents said I must do her bidding which is I MUST CONVERT to a Christian. If I do this, it means I'm burning my bridges and turning my backs at my own family while all is fine on her own side, I can't afford to burn my family bridges for someone that won't do the same for me.

1 Like

Re: Opinions Needed. by yungchop: 6:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
Corehustler:
Hello Chief, I need to speak to you, i wouldnt mind if you drop your contacts pls

Drop yours I'll send you a message sir
Re: Opinions Needed. by Corehustler(m): 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
yungchop:

Drop yours I'll send you a message sir

Whatsap08052072346
Re: Opinions Needed. by yungchop: 10:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
Nayantunde please send me a message on whatsapp... I saw your comment in the polish thread

Re: Opinions Needed. by yungchop: 10:35pm On May 07, 2021
DeParadise001 please I need to get in touch with you.. Please shoot me a message on WhatsApp. I just got someone to loan me about 2m. Please I don't want ti lose the money. Put me through to how you got the permit and necesarry documents please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Old Black Men Are Neglected And Die Early Abroad / Please Come To My Aid Family Before I Give Up / Be A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.