Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,286 members, 7,887,833 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:50 PM

Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye (3021 Views)

Referendum Can End Nigeria’s Woes Without Bloodshed – Nnamdi Kanu / COVID-19: Freedom Without Palliatives? / Akeredolu Will Secure 75% Delegate Votes, Says Campaign Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by Omooba77: 12:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
Unik3030:
u must b delusional if u think APC will zone it's ticket to the region where it is hated most

Youth that dont see beyond party affiliations...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by NaijirianKing: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by RuggedSniper: 11:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
Omooba77:
The President-General of the Yoruba World Congress, Prof. Banji Akintoye, said on Wednesday that the over 55 million Yoruba people in the South-West would get freedom by having the sovereign Yoruba nation without breaking the law of Nigeria or shedding blood.

Akintoye stated this at the YWC House in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, during the celebration of the anniversary of the Kiriji War, which happened over 130 years ago.

The retired don said, “We have been saying we will have the Yoruba nation. The Yoruba World Congress is committed to helping the Yoruba nation to secure its position in the comity of nations.”

Stressing the significance of the struggle, he said, “When we first started the process, we had a total of 45 organisations, but now, we can boast of a total of 107 different organisations.

“They do say that I don’t compromise; it is not every time. But once we say we will take a common stance, I don’t know how to betray. We will get the Yoruba nation free without violence; we will not break the laws of Nigeria. If there is anyone who wants to be violent, we will tell them, no.”

On the proposed rally fixed for October 1 by some youths, he said they reserved the rights to stage the rally, but warned against violence.”

The leader of the Movement for Oduduwa Republic, Mr Akin George, stressed on unity among the Yoruba.

He said, “We can’t fight the enemies if the home front is divided. We may have misunderstanding, but it should not lead to a quarrel.”

Other dignitaries at the celebration were High Chief Lekan Balogun, the Otun Olubadan who represented the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Adetunji; the Convener, Yoruba Koya, Otunba Deji Osibogun, among others.

https://punchng.com/yoruba-nation-will-secure-freedom-without-bloodshed-akintoye/

Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by Firespitterz: 12:08am On Sep 30, 2020
loveth360:
Enemy is Someone who is always against my project,always wish me evil and always rejoice when my brothers are killed.

K. O

I see what you did here. cheesy
Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by eagleu: 2:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Omooba77:

The crack VeePee and Boss are talking about!

Which crrraaacck VP?
The pastor denying that Christians are victimized in Buhari's Nigeria? Can't trust a professional liar.
Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by Etrusen(m): 5:37am On Sep 30, 2020
psucc:
How I wish it comes today and not wait any longer.

Our problem is just betrayal by fellow citizens.

that is why I suggest the name "Afonja republic" in order for it citizens to remember the danger of betrayal.
Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by DerideGull(m): 6:06am On Sep 30, 2020
Omooba77:
The President-General of the Yoruba World Congress, Prof. Banji Akintoye, said on Wednesday that the over 55 million Yoruba people in the South-West would get freedom by having the sovereign Yoruba nation without breaking the law of Nigeria or shedding blood.

Akintoye stated this at the YWC House in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, during the celebration of the anniversary of the Kiriji War, which happened over 130 years ago.

The retired don said, “We have been saying we will have the Yoruba nation. The Yoruba World Congress is committed to helping the Yoruba nation to secure its position in the comity of nations.”

Stressing the significance of the struggle, he said, “When we first started the process, we had a total of 45 organisations, but now, we can boast of a total of 107 different organisations.

“They do say that I don’t compromise; it is not every time. But once we say we will take a common stance, I don’t know how to betray. We will get the Yoruba nation free without violence; we will not break the laws of Nigeria. If there is anyone who wants to be violent, we will tell them, no.”

On the proposed rally fixed for October 1 by some youths, he said they reserved the rights to stage the rally, but warned against violence.”

The leader of the Movement for Oduduwa Republic, Mr Akin George, stressed on unity among the Yoruba.

He said, “We can’t fight the enemies if the home front is divided. We may have misunderstanding, but it should not lead to a quarrel.”

Other dignitaries at the celebration were High Chief Lekan Balogun, the Otun Olubadan who represented the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Adetunji; the Convener, Yoruba Koya, Otunba Deji Osibogun, among others.

https://punchng.com/yoruba-nation-will-secure-freedom-without-bloodshed-akintoye/

The bolded is a typical slide talk that can only come from Yoruba. He wants to have sovereign state of Oduduwa out of Nigeria yet does not want to break the law of Nigeria. A person who wants a sovereign state does not care about the law which prohibits such as action. If the law matters to the other group, then there will be war. The projected boundaries will attract disputable interests. One goon from the northern region had indicated that Offa is no-go-area for Oduduwa.
Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by NofiuFade(m): 6:14am On Sep 30, 2020
It getting interesting grin

I hope you people will not come back tomorrow to come and be telling us how una mouth got hack that you dont know when you are dishing out all this news undecided
Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by Etrusen(m): 6:25am On Sep 30, 2020
NofiuFade:
It getting interesting grin

I hope you people will not come back tomorrow to come and be telling us how una mouth got hack that you dont know when you are dishing out all this news undecided

many fellow will go to sleep when Yorubas beat drum of war

there is no way you can leave a country for independence without breaking it rules and breaking the rules will lead to war but unfortunately the yorubas have no balls
Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by NofiuFade(m): 6:36am On Sep 30, 2020
Etrusen:

there is no way you can leave a country for independence without breaking it rules and breaking the rules will lead to war but unfortunately the yorubas have no balls
Forget, we have balls okay see when yorubas are truly ready to leave nigeria not any federal might can stop it, just watch and see grin i still cant understand why all our leaders choose to enslave us all this while wink
Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by Etrusen(m): 6:38am On Sep 30, 2020
NofiuFade:
Forget, we have balls okay see when yorubas are truly ready to leave nigeria not any federal might can stop it, just watch and see

ok am watching
Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by Obamaofusa: 8:00am On Sep 30, 2020
Weyrey talking and replying himself.
ODUDUWA NATION IS BERTHED.
Nofiufade a.k.a OSU,a tiger does not shout its tigritude.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by Omooba77: 9:20am On Sep 30, 2020
DerideGull:

The bolded is a typical slide talk that can only come from Yoruba. He wants to have sovereign state of Oduduwa out of Nigeria yet does not want to break the law of Nigeria. A person who wants a sovereign state does not care about the law which prohibits such as action. If the law matters to the other group, then there will be war. The projected boundaries will attract disputable interests. One goon from the northern region had indicated that Offa is no-go-area for Oduduwa.

Slovakia and Czech did it sir!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by psucc(m): 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
Etrusen:

that is why I suggest the name "Afonja republic" in order for it citizens to remember the danger of betrayal.
Nna you badt!

But it rightly describes them. Afonja Republic!
Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by Etrusen(m): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
psucc:
Nna you badt!
But it rightly describes them. Afonja Republic!

����
Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by omoharry(f): 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
Etrusen:

Till now I have never seen an Igbo man that stood against injustice in Nigeria and was able to go through various arrest and brutalities as a result of speaking out against tyranny by the Nigerian govt back during the military era..That is what I call courage and only people I know that once endured these brutality by the tyranny govt were two Yorubas fellows (Fela and Gani Fawehinmi) these were fearless individual that could not be bought nor be silenced in the face of tyranny and injustice .
I am from Delta state and I respect these two late fellows for their courage and fearless method they use in passing across thier criticism of the Then Millitary govt .
It not about shoulting and cheats beating on how to embark on a course without proper planning ..Everything should be done strategically .

If Kanu was really courageous and brave , then why did he run away and left his people to face the govt whip alone ?So many young people died fighting for thesame course he could not stay to defend . He ran away by useing his foreign pass sport to elope in order to avoid arrest. He is not brave and not a good leader .

You guys should choose another leader for you self that talk less and act more with wisdom .

The Yorubas might be known to talk from both side of thier mouth but I don't see them as coward . Coward can be found among all ethnic group, just thesame way they can boast of courageous men and women among them .
Pls southern should put aside nonsense for ones and for all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation Will Secure Freedom Without Bloodshed –Akintoye by NaijirianKing: 6:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
Interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VAT Generated By Regions In Nigeria In 8 Months / 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu / Building The Ijaw Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.