Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,955 members, 7,896,058 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 02:21 AM

The Scattering Of Sheep - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Scattering Of Sheep (664 Views)

Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep / Calling The Lost Sheep Of The True Israel Of God Out Of The Harlot Church / Jesus Was Send To The Loss Sheep Of Israel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Scattering Of Sheep by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2011
[img]http://truthinscripture.files./2011/02/sheepremnant.jpg?w=287&h=175[/img]

Jeremiah 9:15-16 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will feed them, even this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink. I will scatter them also among the heathen, whom neither they nor their fathers have known: and I will send a sword after them, till I have consumed them.

Judgment begins at the house of God.  The Lord is sovereign over everything, even the powers of darkness that He created and controls their every move.  This may be contrary to the image most people have of our Lord,  but the Lord both scatters the sheep and He also gathers the sheep.  He indeed does both.  Scattering the sheep is God’s righteous judgment for sin and vengeance for defilement of His temple.  You want to walk double minded in your heart and love the world and its lusts — God says sure,  I will give you that desire.  In fact the rise of false teachers and false prophets that tell the sheep what their itching ears want hear is the righteous judgment of God.  The flesh gospel of today is wormwood, sent to all who love their sin and worldly minds.  It is the God sent delusion.

The Lord uses His mighty sword to carry out His purposes to purify and redeem for Himself a peculiar people set apart from the world and zealous for doing good works for His Kingdom.   I am a living testimony of the mercy of the Lord.  I am one of the few spoken of in the passage below that God has spared from the sword, famine and pestilence.  I have been called and sent and must obey having spent enough time running away on ships and sitting in the belly of a whale (think Jonah).  It has been a struggle, one of learning and listening with many trials and errors.  The declaration of the abominations being done in the house of God must be told with greater urgency as the time for repentance and the era of grace is soon coming to a close.  Soon ever knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.

Ezekiel 12:14 - Then they shall know that I am the LORD, when I scatter them among the nations and disperse them throughout the countries. 16 But I will spare a few of their men from the sword, from famine, and from pestilence, that they may declare all their abominations among the Gentiles wherever they go. Then they shall know that I am the LORD.”

God has scattered His sheep throughout the recorded Biblical history and thankfully re-gathers those that return to Him with their whole heart.  It is my spiritual observance that Jesus is now awakening and re-gathering His lost sheep from all over this world where they have been previously scattered.  The Lord initiated His new covenant plan when Jesus went to the cross to die and overcome sin and the world so that we too might be partakers of the same.  Jesus told the disciples ahead of time,  they would be scattered but of course they did not yet have ears to hear and understand.

John 16:32 - Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me

The sheep of God’s Israel were long ago scattered into the world and it was even prophesied that Ephraim and Manasseh, the sons of Joseph, would over time become a multitude of nations.   We saw many sheep scattered subsequently when the Assyrians invaded and scattered the ten northern tribes into the world.  Hosea the prophet lamented over the apostasy and the resulting judgment where God Himself scattered His people into the world.

Hosea 9:17 - My God will cast them away, because they did not obey Him; and they shall be wanderers among the nations.

The english word for “Scatter” comes from the Greek as illustrated in the Strong’s Concordance for word #4651

G4651 (through the idea of penetrating); to dissipate, that is, (figuratively) put to flight, waste, be liberal: – disperse abroad, scatter (abroad).

In spiritual terms being scattered means to be made worldly.  This means the hearts and minds will be focused and weighed down by the world and the things in the world.  This means a mind not fixed on Jesus but one fixed on issues that revolve around, I, ME and MY. The people of God today are walking, talking and acting just like the world.  They have the same interests and focus on the lusts of the flesh and the pleasures of life and are greatly weighed down by the very same dissipations.  The only difference seems to be where people spend an hour on Sunday!  Paul gave us a powerful description of the worldly and scattered people of the end times.

2 Timothy 3 – But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power

We are here my friends today! God’s people are supposed to be set apart from the world.  When we enter into and possess the land that is Christ in our hearts,  we are to cleanse the land of all idols and  abominations.   In fact,  the Old Testament examples of disobedience, rebellion and God’s destruction of His own people were left for us to make us wise unto salvation if we heed the lessons. 

1 Corinthians 10:11-12 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.  12Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

The land in Babylon is a desolation.  The land and temples are defiled.  But man’s religion  has been silly and utterly devoid of knowledge forgetting the lessons of history which will reap the same results unless repentance is granted.  The rebellious sheep of these end times have not cleansed the land.   God scatters into the “world” all that live in rebellion on defiled land.  If one chooses the world over the Lord,  God will give that man the world and cut off all knowledge of heavenly things. Have you cleansed your territory of the Canaanites, Hittites and Philistines  and the enemies of God?   God is now calling loudly with trumpet warnings all around for His sheep to come out of this darkness that represents the world and come back to Him.

Scattered sheep have a false security that comes from the crowd of people.  They mistakenly believe there is safety in numbers.  The Babylon churches are quite crowded and full, attracting many sheep.  Yet God’s people have never been chosen because they were many, but in fact we are told it was because they were the fewest in number.  The Biblical lesson of the Jewish people was there for us as an example and spiritual lesson on God’s plan of redemption.   

1 Peter 2:9 – But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light

By initially scattering us all into the world, God tests our hearts to see who really loves Him and are His true sheep.  Are you worthy?  Have you followed the Shepherd’s voice and come out of Babylon?  It is by the Lord’s great mercy that He chooses to gather and assemble His sheep back unto Himself.  The Lord is calling His people out of Babylon and to an assembly on a spiritual Mt. Zion, and many are heeding this call to come out and meet Him.  Jesus Himself, not a man or man’s church is the way to Mt. Zion.   He is coming for a pure and holy Bride assembled and awaiting for Him on Mt. Zion. 

Isaiah 62:11 - Indeed the Lord has proclaimed to the end of the world: “Say to the daughter of Zion, ‘Surely your salvation is coming; behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him.’” And they shall call them The Holy People, the Redeemed of the Lord; and you shall be called Sought Out, A City Not Forsaken

Deut 14:2 – For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth

When Jesus walked this earth in flesh and blood as a man,  He was moved with compassion and sorrow for those that did not know Him and were focused on earthly things and not heavenly things.  The religion back then, just like now,  fed the sheep bad bread teaching traditions and worship that exalted flesh and not the Spirit.  He desires none of His sheep to perish and that all will come to repentance and be gathered back unto Him.  This is the good news, a Shepherd has come to gather up and lead His sheep out of the world.

Matthew 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

We see that the Lord first scattered people in the account of the tower of Babel after He reestablished Noah’s family after the great flood.  In the same way Satan fell from heaven,  pride overtook these people in Babel (Babylon)  as they sought God in the FLESH in order to make a name for themselves.  That is exactly what goes on today my friends all in the name of religion.  This explains over 30,000 denominations, thousands of doctrines and the wide-spread division in the professing Body of Christ.  These are scattered sheep and our jealous God Himself has done it as part of His plan to redeem a peculiar people.

Genesis 11:7-8 Let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.  Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Awake to Righteousness.  You might just be in Babylon of the last days building a tower into heaven on the strength of your flesh.

The more man continues to exalt itself and its church to seek God by their way and their doctrine , the deeper the sheep are scattered and made worldly.  This is the same apostasy as the Tower of Babel and the 10 Northern Tribes fell into as we have seen in this post.  If we are not aligned with the sound words of the Lord Jesus Christ, clinging to sound doctrine and teaching others the same,  we are scattering the sheep.  Many deceivers have come being deceived and deceiving others.

Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

God’s Instruments Do the Scattering

Our sovereign Lord is in control of everything.  We are told that not even a sparrow falls from the sky outside of the will of the Father.  God even created our very enemy and uses that enemy to accomplish His perfect will.  He sends them to scatter us and make us worldly when our hearts go after anything we love more than Him.  Who do you think placed the serpent in the garden with Adam and Eve?  God sends the false teachers,  the Lord is the originator of the God Sent delusion of the last days.  Those not of God are sent and still used by God to work His will and to separate the sheep from the goats.  The Lord indeed works all things for His greater good, even sending hirelings to deceive the false brethren.  Wolves have secretly slipped in and are keeping Christians firmly entrenched in the world.  They have caught them in their nets of religion and churchianity.  This is whom we must overcome.

John 10:12 – But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

There is a much higher account of judgment to be given to those that proclaim to be teachers of God.  James told us many of us not ought to be teachers because of this pristine standard.  God is none to pleased with those who scatter His sheep.

Jeremiah 23:1 “Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!” says the LORD.

This is the paradox of God.  God is working it all out for His purposes.  He is the only one we are to fear.  I hope more of you begin to see the absolute total sovereignty of the Lord over the events and reality of our lives here in this body of flesh.  Yet despite the truth that few will find eternal life, we can take heart during the trials we endure knowing that God is calling home to Himself a remnant.  Some of us will escape this sword, which is the powers of darkness.  We will overcome, IF we stay the course following the True Shepherd.

Ezekiel 6:8 Yet will I leave a remnant, that ye may have some that shall escape the sword among the nations, when ye shall be scattered through the countries.  And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations whither they shall be carried captives, because I am broken with their whorish heart, which hath departed from me, and with their eyes, which go a whoring after their idols: and they shall lothe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.

We must come to the place described in this passage to hate our whorish heart and the idols and abominations that were our previous life when we were lusting after the world and the things of the world.  But God has saved us from these things, He has come to rescue His remnant.  The LovePeddler,  Mystery Babylon the mother of harlots rules the multitudes of sheep in these last days.  The multitudes are still worshipping idols in their hearts and serving multiple masters and not God alone.  He is jealous and will bring His wrath to these sons of disobedience.  The entire Bible lays out for us the unchanging righteous judgments of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Leviticus 26:30-34 And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcasses upon the carcasses of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you. And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savor of your sweet odors. And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it. And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.

Fallen fallen is Babylon of the last days.   The faithful watchmen must warn and the workers in God’s field must lead them to the way of safety.  The Lord is very serious about our call to come out and be separate from the world.  The scattered sheep must follow the Shepherd out.  It is the only way to be spared the wrath of the Lamb which is coming.

Deuteronomy 28:63-65 And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it. And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.

This verse comes against the image of God held in high esteem in Babylon.  The judgments of the Lord are righteous and true.  He has done it all,  it is finished but it is up to us to come into covenant and walk in it with the Lord.  We must turn our hearts to Him.  Understanding the truth,  we might just want to be a little more serious about our walk with the Lord.  Perhaps Paul’s words about working out your salvation with fear and trembling are making a little more sense?
No Exemptions for the Religious

Jesus said very few would find the narrow way. There are NO EXEMPTIONS from God’s standards of righteous and judgment.  There is only one plumb-line that divides the sheep.  We either are gathered unto the Lord or we are scattered.  It does not matter if one is a pastor,  a sunday school teacher, a 40 year church deacon or even the big thither.  We walk in covenant under the hedge of God’s protection or we don’t.  When we live in rebellion to His word,  the powers of darkness are sent to execute God’s wrath.  This begins with the scattering and darkening of hearts into lusting after the things of the world and flesh. 

Isaiah 24 – Behold, the LORD lays the earth waste, devastates it, distorts its surface and scatters its inhabitants. 2And the people will be like the priest, the servant like his master, the maid like her mistress, the buyer like the seller, the lender like the borrower, the creditor like the debtor. 3The earth will be completely laid waste and completely despoiled, for the LORD has spoken this word.

If we do not love God with our whole heart, we will be scattered.  The world and its lusts will own us and we will be in bondage to the powers of darkness.  This describes virtually the entire population of the earth.  There are very few that have died to the world, forsaken all and walking the highway of holiness that leads to Mt. Zion.  The Lord has already been pouring out His anger while wise men keep speaking about a seven year tribulation period yet to come.  The scattering has been going on and the Lord is coming quickly like a thief.

Isaiah 30:30-31 And the LORD shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones.

Until the Lord shuts the door to His Ark which in the new covenant is Jesus,  there is always hope.  There is hope for all, if we repent and SEEK the Lord with our whole heart.  If you are seeking the living waters of God,  cry out to the Lord and He will hear if your heart is sincere.  Ask God to save you from the bondage and whirlwind that has scattered you into worldly pursuits.  But you cannot delay,  the day of the Lord does not slumber.

Isaiah 41:17 When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.
    Jeremiah 3:14  Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, andI will bring you to Zion

I have learned the futility and been frustrated trying to show worldly Christians,  the “scattered sheep” the truth that has been revealed to me.  I am just escaping from the world myself and  while it has been very liberating,  the enticement to return to Egypt and the world is always there alluring to my eyes and flesh.  The enemy will come to test our hearts continually to see if we will obey the Lord.  This is the refining of God’s people.  This is part of the cross the true Sheep will carry daily in serving the Lord.  We need to encourage each other and be encouraged by the promises of God.  The ridicule and rejection many of us are enduring are a small price to pay for the eternal glory and redemption that awaits.  Let’s believe the Lord and rule and reign with Him in righteousness.

Micah 4:6 - In that day,” says the LORD,  I will assemble the lame, I will gather the outcast and those whom I have afflicted; 7 I will make the lame a remnant, and the outcast a strong nation; so the LORD will reign over them in Mount Zion

May God Bless You Richly!

http://truthinscripture.com/

(1) (Reply)

What Was The Sign Of Jonah? A Must Read For Christains / W.in 10.000 Dol.lars If You Can Prove The Transitional Form/gaps Btw The Species / Is Evolution Science, Fact, A Theory Or A Religion As 'We' Believe It Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.