Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,622 members, 7,975,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 03:57 AM

Comparative Peep Into Living In Diaspora And Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comparative Peep Into Living In Diaspora And Nigeria (264 Views)

Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis / Nigerians In Diaspora And Oyinbo Men Wish Peter Obi Happy 61st Birthday / The Delusion Of Ipob, Igbo In Diaspora And The Europeans Of 1960s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparative Peep Into Living In Diaspora And Nigeria by max83: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
*DON'T EVER CURSE YOUR COUNTRY AGAIN*

If you don't know how you are blessed, you will think your father's farm is worse than your friend's father's farm.

$1 is #500 and so what?
Let me elucidate from my little experience.

● Can anyone in USA use $1 for breakfast? No. But in Nigeria #500 will feed you for breakfast and probably lunch, as well.
● Majority of people's monthly house rent (self contained apartment) in the USA is $1,000 and above, and that is your own 2 year's rent.
● What is the total official monthly deductions from wages? definitely under 10%. Here in USA, it is an average of 26% unquestionable.
● Have you ever paid for insurance before? no, insurance in US is $280 monthly, and that is almost #100,000.

● When last did you pay monthly phone bills? I pay equivalent of almost #40,000 monthly and if I don't, they are going to block my SIM. Your own MTN can be there for months without recharge.

● When last did you work on Saturday and Sunday? This I do compulsorily and on regular basis.

*******Don't get me wrong, USA is better than Nigeria, depending on which angle you are viewing it. ********

■Do you want to hear the truth?

$ Many people in Nigeria live a more fulfilling life compared to their counterparts abroad.

$ Forget about all the packaging on social media and give credit to the good life you are living.

$ Do you know why they always come to Nigeria and rush back quickly? it is because bills are counting and elongated freedom will put their lives into jeopardy.

$ If you, as a black, attempt to emulate the whites, they will kneel on your neck.

Apart from Congo, no citizens in the entire universe enjoy life to the fullest than Nigerians.

■We are abundantly blessed but you don't know until you get visa and relocate to abroad, that is when you will know that your 8hrs job in Nigeria with free weekend is awoof.

With 8hrs job abroad, you can only pay bills, you will need another 6 to 8 hours to save for the future and plan your life.

■ The truth is that the grass is green everywhere, it is lack of vision by our politicians and the skewed religious practices (which placed emphasis on miracles) that ascended Nigeria onto a myopic tentacle of complete inertia.
Re: Comparative Peep Into Living In Diaspora And Nigeria by nellyelitz(m): 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
Bros park well abeg, that's your personal opinion if the US is that bad you for don relocate back since, that is, if u're even typing this rubish from there.(()7gs)
Re: Comparative Peep Into Living In Diaspora And Nigeria by Fash20: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
max83 you no well oo... What is the point of all the points you listed there if fulani heardsmen, cult boys, boko haram, militant, SARS can just decide to kill you when they want?
Whats your point if there's no good road, health care system, electricity and standard education?
Re: Comparative Peep Into Living In Diaspora And Nigeria by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
Op is right though, it's an undeniable fact,but even at that,US is better than Nigeria for their citizens,and Nigeria is better for Nigerians, it's not just all about structures and all.

You can't just expect a country like Nigeria to be on top without procedures band processes,every developed nation goes through these processes, Nigeria is having over 250 ethnic groups and other cultural diversity,in other words, in Nigeria,Cow or Dog is having over a hundred and fifty ways of names to call it, Nigeria have 7% of the world's spoken languages.

You can't expect things to just work out fine in a flash, it's impossible, Nigeria is still a child, upcoming and still growing up,America have been a nation for centuries,have had over twice of Nigeria's president,make we no even reason Britain or Europe matter self,and Asia is as old as shit.

Those two gentlemen up there, They're blessed.

Re: Comparative Peep Into Living In Diaspora And Nigeria by SmartProf(m): 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
Look if you are in a stable country, and get legal jobs with the qualifications many Nigerians already have, you will earn well. And when you earn well, spending on the quality services that brings you satisfaction can't be problem. What's more expensive than life, and in Nigeria if u ain't lucky anything can kill you, so what's the advantage of celebrating being in Nigeria over having a sane life where the value for your expenditure is very satisfactory. I hope you know that they are social welfare packages for those who ain't in jobs and people in vulnerable groups, as well as subsidized housing rates (especially in the UK) if you are staying in council houses. Stop suffering and smiling.

(1) (Reply)

A Look At Some Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo's Official Activities For Last We / Osun Governor’s Deputy Chief Of Staff, Binuyo, Charged With $120,000 Fraud / Nigerian Army As Applicants’ Preference For Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.