Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,059 members, 7,970,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 04:22 AM

Nigerian Youth Revolution!(the Movement Has Been Launched!) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youth Revolution!(the Movement Has Been Launched!) (1116 Views)

What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? / Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Nigerians,is Revolution The Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youth Revolution!(the Movement Has Been Launched!) by Ikengawo: 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2011
[center]
[size=14pt]THE WORLD IS WATCHING[/size][/center]

In the news and around us, a world-wide change of guard is full motion. New generations of global citizens are fighting to take center stage as the generation of a world before us gives way. As we the youth of the world continue our revolution, it’s important to stand by the core purpose that brought us to this stage of proactive citizenship: To rid the coming years of the mistakes of the previous years.

We as Nigerians are at a pivotal epoch in our history. With elections ahead of us in April, I simply ask that we as youths (2/3rds of registered voters according to the INEC) fully embrace the spirit of REVOLUTION born in Africa that’s sweeping the globe. We must make sure the failures of the previous generation do not plague this election because this is OUR moment.

The idea is simple. We understand our problem isn’t a foreboding dictator, but a flawed democracy. Thus the solution is simple. Let’s use the simple resources we as individuals have to make our democracy work as a nation.

This April we’re calling on all Nigerians to go to their local voting stations armed with a cell phone. With this cell phone you have access to the world, which makes you more powerful then few understand. With this cell phone photograph and film, tweet and text any suspicious activities, irregularities, signs or acts of disenfranchisement, rigging, intimidation, and all other vices of the old guard!

It’s simple, it’s possible and it’s our duty to ensure that we as world citizens live in a world-class democracy! April is our revolution! Spread the word! THE WORLD IS WATCHING!

Here's the FB group! Im asking that EVERY Nairalander with or without a cellphone join this movement! The time is now!! I spoke about it before, and was inspired by a post on this site! let's show strength in numbers.

[center]
OFFICIAL PAGE
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/home.php?sk=group_182657265111462

[/center]
Re: Nigerian Youth Revolution!(the Movement Has Been Launched!) by fstranger3(m): 8:45pm On Mar 01, 2011
I refuse to get involved in/with/at/on/ an Ibocentric revolution

Tufiakwa
Re: Nigerian Youth Revolution!(the Movement Has Been Launched!) by Ikengawo: 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2011
HAhahahAHa! oh no! fstranger doesn't support us! oh no! the end of the world is coming! lol.

my friend go bath
Re: Nigerian Youth Revolution!(the Movement Has Been Launched!) by Afam4eva(m): 8:49pm On Mar 01, 2011
What's Igbocentric about the post. FOOL.
Re: Nigerian Youth Revolution!(the Movement Has Been Launched!) by Ikengawo: 8:50pm On Mar 01, 2011
also let me know if the link is working, The World Is Watching (NIGERIA) is the name on facebook search
Re: Nigerian Youth Revolution!(the Movement Has Been Launched!) by efisher(m): 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2011
Excellent idea. This is a very good way to protect our votes and provide evidence when things end up in court. Things like this should be done rather than engaging in blind protests. If possible, it would be nice if all the parties hire as many camera men as possible across the nation to cover the voting process in the polling centres in the country.

fstranger3:

I refuse to get involved in/with/at/on/ an Ibocentric revolution

Tufiakwa

I am not Ibo and there is absolutely nothing "Ibocentric" in this post! We would be better off if we leave tribalism behind. You can as well create your own facebook group and nairaland thread with the same idea. The more the merrier.
Re: Nigerian Youth Revolution!(the Movement Has Been Launched!) by efisher(m): 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2011
If you cant access it from the first link, try it from here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_182657265111462
Re: Nigerian Youth Revolution!(the Movement Has Been Launched!) by ShangoThor(m): 4:42am On Mar 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

also let me know if the link is working, The World Is Watching (NIGERIA) is the name on facebook search

Like I said before, excellent idea, I personally have got your back on this one!

This is about providing solutions to our problems as opposed to those that continuously want to jinx, constantly b*i*t*c*h about superiority complexes or simply want to police what other people are saying on the Forum board, reading propaganda scripts in order to brainwash people into believing that we as a nation are making 'pROGRESS'.

It's time to go viral with this great idea! Stay blessed African patriot, stay blessed!

[size=18pt]We need to fix the State in order to fix the problem![/size]

(1) (Reply)

End Of The World Is Before May 29, Why Are We Killing Our Self About Politics / Intrigues - Bababangida, The Cabal, CPC, Ribadu And The South West / Channels Tv Update: Ngige Declared Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.