Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,806 members, 7,972,883 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:29 PM

Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia (12190 Views)

Man Shoots Wife Dead In Nasarawa Before Her Mother (photo) / Policeman Shoots Wife Dead In Error / Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by 9jauk: 11:04am On Mar 03, 2011
Rather tragic for the family involve! Similar scenario came up in my area in Uk,Igbo couple wrestles 24-7,the husband is Nigerian belgian sort d wife out from 9ja dey relocated to uk,and d wife start showing level after having two kids,apparently na mental nursing she dey do, one think lead to other she moved out of her marital home;in a short space of time she's started hanging out with dis Yoruba play playboy.
More reason why i chose to settle for Tokunbo woman, pays off hehhehehViolent in relationship is killing abstain from it folks.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by benlay(m): 11:20am On Mar 03, 2011
cheez! someone asked if the other could prove it scientifically that Igbo men kill their wives, isn't that retarded?
come on now, because you are in the US you now bring science to every discussion, re-re.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by kay2000(m): 11:48am On Mar 03, 2011
ITS VERY UNFORTUNATE THAT FEMICIDE IS BECOMING A NIGERIAN THING ABROAD. WE KNOW THAT SOME OF THESE WOMEN BECOME BITCHY AS SOON AS THEY PUT THEIR ACTS TOGETHER ABROAD, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEIR TAKE HOME PAY IS MORE THAN THEIR HUSBANDS'. WE DO HAVE DIFFERENT COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS IN THE US, HOW COME THEY CANT PROFER SOLUTIONS OR STOP THIS UGLY TREND THAT IS FURTHER TARNISHING OUR ALREADY TAINTED IMAGE ABROAD. MAY GOD HELP US. THANK GOD THE WOMAN DID NOT DIE. sad
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Egocent: 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2011
There is no need to be tribalistic about this issue, statitics have shown that Ibo men are prone to domestic violence. I am Ibo and do not dispute this fact at all.

One thing we must understand is that living abroad is not easy, especially for the woman, usually, you do not have any help and you have to do everything yourself, and if you work and your spouse is one of those egocentric men who believe, that he should just sit down watching TV while you return from work and serve his dinner and clean up after him then you are in big trouble.

After serving his meal, you do the dishes, bath the kids put them to bed, you are totally exhausted and at night the man wants you to open your legs for him, like he is doing you a favour, You dont want s, e, x, you just want to sleep cos you are tired, when you complain about him helping out in the house, all you hear is ranting about how He married you and payed your bride price and how you are his property.

When your salary comes in, he demands to know what you spend the money on, and if possible dictates what you use it for. after all, you are his wife(slave).

You have your dreams but he will use mind games on you, and make you relinguish your dreams for the sake of the family. It is very pitiful, He  expects you to worship him ,daily bowing your head to the ground to him for saving you from the life of poverty and bringing you abroad but he forgets that he married a white woman to get that paper he    holds on to so dearly, If the white woman laid the same claim on him for abandoning her after getting the papers, would he not be gunned down too?

After succumbing to this abuse for a period, one day, the woman is going to get really tired and would want to walk away cos she is actually getting nothing from the relationship.

We need to stop all this, Traditional Ibo men must step up and realise that marriage does not mean slavery, Times have changed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by bashr4: 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2011
Egocent:

There is no need to be tribalistic about this issue, statitics have shown that Ibo men are prone to domestic violence. I am Ibo and do not dispute this fact at all.

One thing we must understand is that living abroad is not easy, especially for the woman, usually, you do not have any help and you have to do everything yourself, and if you work and your spouse is one of those egocentric men who believe, that he should just sit down watching TV while you return from work and serve his dinner and clean up after him then you are in big trouble.

After serving his meal, you do the dishes, bath the kids put them to bed, you are totally exhausted and at night the man wants you to open your legs for him, like he is doing you a favour, You dont want s, e, x, you just want to sleep cos you are tired, when you complain about him helping out in the house, all you hear is ranting about how He married you and payed your bride price and how you are his property.

When your salary comes in, he demands to know what you spend the money on, and if possible dictates what you use it for. after all, you are his wife(slave).

You have your dreams but he will use mind games on you, and make you relinguish your dreams for the sake of the family. It is very pitiful, He  expects you to worship him ,daily bowing your head to the ground to him for saving you from the life of poverty and bringing you abroad but he forgets that he married a white woman to get that paper he    holds on to so dearly, If the white woman laid the same claim on him for abandoning her after getting the papers, would he not be gunned down too?

After succumbing to this abuse for a period, one day, the woman is going to get really tired and would want to walk away cos she is actually getting nothing from the relationship.

We need to stop all this, Traditional Ibo men must step up and realise that marriage does not mean slavery, Times have changed.

what statistics and who perfeormed it cus it will be intresting to know and which which other group did they compare it with ? how come we have soo many igbo female professionals and politicians with their family intact? or did they kill their violent and God husband like your suggestin beofre they got there, if not then pls desist from such statements unless of course you want to tell us what happens in your family, tryin soo hard to brand igbo men as violent wont sell cus igbo men are not the ones killing people in nigeria .
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by eherbal(m): 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2011
the lady's probably on steroids to have survived the assault.five shots grin
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Nobody: 2:59am On Mar 04, 2011
Sad.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by seyibrown(f): 1:12am On Mar 05, 2011
If she was indeed 'treating him like s/h-i.t after bringing her abroad and paying her nursing school fees', was shooting to kill her the best way to get out of the situation? He could have left the house, left the country or just resigned to fate! Why attempt to murder his partner?
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Rastamann: 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2011
This is becoming common unfortunately as in the states
(by way of MEDIA Nigerian men are viewed as "wife killers";
again that too is unfortunate as we all know i not to be true.
I hope the wife recovers and he gets what is coming to him.

Because many Nigerian women abroad are something else especially when they start this thir nurse thing and believe that they are the breadwinners of their homes forgeting that it was the man that did everything possible to take them abroad.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by playboy19(m): 2:02am On Mar 06, 2011
seyibrown:

If she was indeed 'treating him like s/h-i.t after bringing her abroad and paying her nursing school fees', was shooting to kill her the best way to get out of the situation? He could have left the house, left the country or just resigned to fate! Why attempt to murder his partner?
My dear, have you ever lived on your own, i mean out of your family house? Do you know how difficult it is to put things together, i mean set yourself up (in Nigeria)? Have you ever been out of Nigeria? Do you know how difficult it is to get settled in the USA? If you know any of this, then you wouldn't have suggested that he leave the house for her. I mean, if you ladies would just get your head straight for a minute and not follow the silly western culture, things would be fine.

I am not sorry to say this, but 99% of african women abroad are fraud. I have seen thousands of them. Back in africa they are the "Holy Type" but the moment they touch down in JFK, forget it, you go hear dem dey say,  this is yankee abeg i no fit shout! First thing is to go and get a silly tatoo, just to feel among.

C'mon, men are not are crazy or some kinda animal or something. It takes a lot of courage, trust, love and commitment before you could think of bringing your wife to the USA. Do you honestly think it is as easy as that? Only people who have done it before could explain what they went through. Now after bringing the woman down, she smell the western air for a minute and start earning the type of money she could never have imagined in a her life back in Nigeria, she start acting up! Nobody would be happy with this. Forget all those "trying to make her a slave" poo. If the reverse had been the case, they woman would kill the man and justify the whole thing with some shitty self defense and emotional thing.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by sosodat: 6:11am On Mar 06, 2011
Egocent:

After serving his meal, you do the dishes, bath the kids put them to bed, you are totally exhausted and at night the man wants you to open your legs for him, like he is doing you a favour, You dont want s, e, x,  you just want to sleep cos you are tired, when you complain about him helping out in the house, all you hear is ranting about how He married you and payed your bride price and how you are his property.

Egocent, you are not Igbo, quit lying all in the name to satisfy your tribalistic appetite
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by poweredcom(m): 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2011
well may be he has caught his wife fucking another man, that what most women do now these days especially in a place like America where there is too much freedom for women
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Riot5000: 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2011
INFIDELITY!
DISRESPECT and SHAME ON THE MAN.
Reason enough to kill? NOPE!
Bitch ain't worth the trouble.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by trhymes(m): 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2011
No matter what happened, in no way should a someone ever try to take the life of another if it is not self defense, na so i believe o, BUT Women, Well that is the way life is
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Iranoladun(f): 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2011
From UK to USA to North America lots of Naija marriages hits the rocks while some resulted into violence even death! Why? From personal perspectives & observations from family & friends it all boils down to the differences in 'white man's culture' and Naija's culture.

Ivynwa hit the nail on the head with her analysis.

Why I know most of the wives get easily carried away by their new found freedom and money it takes a lot of wisdom and tolerant from the man to keep the wife in check thereby keeping his 'head' and the marriage.

In the western world brothers, it is a woman's world. You don't expect the same wife you married in Naija (& probably lived with before bringing her over) to work for 16 to 18hours in a day & still continue to play the SOLITARY roles of Cook, Housekeeper, Cleaner, laundry-woman, sexual partner while you return from work (same number of hours or less) but was only watching the latest game on Premier League! Its a question of time before such wife drives you to the wall and test your thresh-hold of pain
& sanity!
Talking about the finance control & the associated problem especially where the woman earns same or more is another thread on its own.

This has nothing to do with a particular tribe but more to do with our cultural orientation which is at variance with the western world. If you are in Rome learn to behave like Romans or get out of Rome!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Riot5000: 8:52am On Mar 22, 2011
Thank God I don't have to deal with this Nonesense.
Ever since I divorced myself from Nigerians, men and women, I have had a happy life with my American sweetheart.
Nija, YOU ARE NO GOOD, man or woman.
That MENTALITY that NEVER you come to USA with NEVER gives way toi the more CEREBRAL way of life in this country.
No matter how long Nigerians live here, man or woman, they will NEVER learn to deal with life issues without resorting to too much sense.
GOOD RIDANCE to all of you, for you are all too much trouble, and not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Afanna1: 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
Igbo kwenu
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by alphabet43(m): 10:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ riot E stil dey do you, you'll be back soon
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Brilliance9000: 1:48am On Jun 02, 2013
The easiest way to solve this..to those Nigerian men in the US, who went to school and started career there, PLS MARRY THERE TO ANY RACE...would recommend White, Hispanic, Native American, Caribbean and 5% of Black women...the later black is another subject for another day.) Believe me, when you have lived in a place for a long time...went to school there, works there, mingled with the people of that place; you will observe that your level of thinking has evolved and it makes sense to build your life around those people. Going back home to marry WILL NEVER WORK believe me....she still thinks like a Nigerian and may take her years to adapt; and when she adapts, she is wiser and thinks you have been using or fooling her. Except you are still new in abroad, you can marry back home since you both still have that Nigerian culture in you, however, if you have lived here for years, I would advise you to marry here. You will be happy and both of you will understand each other.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by funnyx(m): 7:34am On Jun 05, 2013
Iranoladun: From UK to USA to North America lots of Naija marriages hits the rocks while some resulted into violence even death! Why? From personal perspectives & observations from family & friends it all boils down to the differences in 'white man's culture' and Naija's culture.

Ivynwa hit the nail on the head with her analysis.

Why I know most of the wives get easily carried away by their new found freedom and money it takes a lot of wisdom and tolerant from the man to keep the wife in check thereby keeping his 'head' and the marriage.

In the western world brothers, it is a woman's world. You don't expect the same wife you married in Naija (& probably lived with before bringing her over) to work for 16 to 18hours in a day & still continue to play the SOLITARY roles of Cook, Housekeeper, Cleaner, laundry-woman, sexual partner while you return from work (same number of hours or less) but was only watching the latest game on Premier League! Its a question of time before such wife drives you to the wall and test your thresh-hold of pain
& sanity!
Talking about the finance control & the associated problem especially where the woman earns same or more is another thread on its own.

This has nothing to do with a particular tribe but more to do with our cultural orientation which is at variance with the western world. If you are in Rome learn to behave like Romans or get out of Rome!

You hit the nail on the head.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Molested Last Night By Two Ladies / Impostor Slammed With 27 Month Jail Sentence For Job Scam (photos) / NDLEA Arrests A Bricklayer For Cocaine Smuggling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.