Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,902 members, 7,886,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:25 AM

Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs (11728 Views)

Cultists Attack Four Boys In Anambra For Refusing Initiation(graphic Pics / See What They Did To These Two Boys In A Nigerian Universty (Graphic Pics) / SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by amebolive: 1:41am On Jun 23, 2007
Without prejudice

Warning to all unsuspecting eBayers about the "Nigerian scam":

If you received one of these or a similar emails, it is likely a scam do not post your item unless you have received a cleared funds in your account even some of their Money Orders clears and bounce back a week later.

Keep eBay safe and do not let a handful of people from Nigeria who gives their country a bad name to the rest of the world steal your money and ruin its reputation. eBay is making its best to eradicate them through all means but they keep popping out in different ways like worms. Always notify eBay if in doubt and forward the email request to spoof@ebay.com.au.

This scam is mastered by Nigerian only and they target Notebooks, Digital cameras, electronic gadgets and mobile phone sellers in particular. Information's below is to warn ebayers about this scam.

How it starts:

Usually they register an account then buy or request to buy your item and they want to pay for the purchase with Western Union money order or Postal Money Order or any other forms of payments, sometimes claiming they live in UK, Netherland, USA etc, or sometimes offering you double what the item is actually worth but always wants you to post the item to Nigeria to their son, spouse, pastor, shop or business,

Samples of Nigerian buyers emails::

Dear Seller,
I will like to purchase these Acer Travelmate P4 2.4GHz 512MB 40GB DVD/CDRW wireless (150048870123) for a friend oversea as a gift.He works with British America Tobacco there in West Africa Due to my workload, i might not be able to be checking my mails often.I want the item posted via AUSTRALIAN POST For to Him.hope the package will get to him in good condition , What is the present condition of this item and does it comes in it's original box?.I will be paying you for the item via Postal Order, so get back to me with your full name and address and your contact tell number where payment will be deliverd to.
MANY THANKS.

Hi There,
Thanks for the mail i have mail to inform you that i have only purchased this item for my Uncle son who based in abroad i will be responsible for the shipmnet of the item to him in Nigeria.All i want to know is the present condition of the laptop and also your last asking price including the courier fees once i have that the payment will be made to you via postalorder.I could have love to recieve the item my self but due to my work load, have not be able to recieve the item.So kindly get back to me with your full name and contact address of which the the payment will be deliver to.

Best Regards.

Hi,

Just wanna ask some few question regarding this machine.

1 Why are you selling this laptop.

2 What is the current condition of the laptop

3 What is your reserved prize i mean what your last selling prize

4 Do you ship oversea? If you do please let me know the shipping cost to Ibadan,
Nigeria by Australian Post Express Mail 2-4 Day's Delivery Service.

For further information reach me as soon as you can on +447040130622
Look forward for your swift reply also include your email address just for further informations

Dr. Ola

Hello seller
I am a business man based in London,am highly intrested in this item: Compaq EVO laptop slim design
Am sending it
to my warehouse in Ile-ife (23436),Nigeria. i will be responsible for
the shipping cost to that location .All you need to do is check
out the cost on www.ups.com or www.dhl.com or registered mail. i
will also need the following information to effect the payment of the item through HSBC online wire transfer:
NAME AND ADDRESS,
BANK NAME AND ADDRESS,
BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER,
BANK TRANSFER CODE,
Dear seller,once all this information is provided,i will inform my bank to effect thye transfer of the payment for the item into your account.This is the
shipping address.

Name:Atanda Oluwasegun

Address:SMLS,P M B 5538 OAUTHC

City: Ile-ife

State:Osun State

Zip code:23436

Hi there,
i am the buyer of your ebay item above.I like the item and will like to
purchase it for my spouse.In celebration of our Aniversary.Is the product
in the condition as described in the advert because am buying and sending it to my spouse in Nigeria.please get me the total shipping cost to the address below.

NAME:Babs Afolabi
ADDRESS: 11 IREMO RD, ENUWA
CITY:ILE IFE
STATE:OSUN STATE
POSTAL CODE:234036
WEST AFRICA

Am Alonso am citizen of netherland this my home
ADDRESS:Jasmijnstraat 12 7544 TG Enschede Holland. I will like to
buy your item for my son schooling in nigeria,his run a Information
Technology Programe at APTECH, he called me last two weeks that he
need a this item of yours and i want to buy the young boy one in asap, but
unfortunately am not in netherland presently,am in germany for a
business trip, i want your to ship the item to in this address below
NAME:Opaleye Idris
ADDRESS:Plot 5 alabebe layout monatan iwo road,

CITY:Ibadan
STATE:Oyo state
ZIP CODE:23402
Kindly send me your name and adress in full with your bank account
and the total price of the item with (tpg post)with insured, So that
i can contact moneygram or western union bidpay for your payment
immediately.am waiting for your reply immediately because my son need
the item in asap.
Yours sincere.
Alonso.

HELLO,

I would like to pay for this item via postal order,right now
i'am presently in malaysia, and i want to give it to my prophet as a
surprised birthday gift, so i will like to know if you can ship it to
nigeria,i dont mind paying any amount for the shipping cost,please if you
can do this for me i will be very grateful.if you accept, kindly send
your full name and address which am going to send the payment to. Here's
the shipping address.
Mr, felix mike
8 mabo street
Off ishaga road
avenue Sururlere
lagos Nigeria
and also i will like you to give me
the full quote of it including the shipping cost to lagos nigeria, and
also i will like you to give me your full neme and address so i can
made the paymant to you ASAP.
Please Reply As Soon As Possible.
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by mohadana: 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2007
shocked shocked :
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by Fdeveloper(m): 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2007
In fact I would go one step further and insist on payment via PayPal or a recognised credit card only.
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by atilla(m): 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2007
Im confused undecided I still dont understand how the scam works.

Dont the victims wait to recieve the cash before they post the items??
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by tunjikrown(m): 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2007
yahoo boys in ile and environs are no more into this any more! they are dealing with hard currency now , not gadgets, they go to dating site and pretend to be OYINBO who is niaja for holiday and somehow be duping their so called MARGER or something, they are turning the town to their own oooo, enough of efficies
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by Seun(m): 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2007
And what is the police doing? Since they are doing their nonsense so openly, let them be invited for questioning!
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by niniman(m): 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2007
@poster
why must you give Ile-Ife a bad name because of some useless bois, is it the only place with yahoo boys.there is no single town in the south(west&east) free of yahoo boys, is ibadan part of Ife and Environs angry angry angry angry
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by suredude: 8:10am On Jun 24, 2007
these guys r giving naija a bad name angry angry angry
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by globalaid(m): 9:32am On Jun 24, 2007
@amebolive, i dont know the meaning for the caption of your story, it is unfair to say ile ife is where the yahoo boys are because of the two address you put up there and you did not also give us the source of your story, next time think before you post on a public forum like this, we ife are law abiding citizen and we are proud of our town.
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by westee: 10:04am On Jun 24, 2007
Hmmm, I am a yahoo boy, can't hide that because it wasn't only the boys, our governments also are scammers, no promising future for we youth after school, who no like effisi? who no wan buga? I be ghetto and i no wan die inside ghetto and struggling, though i am into cash, not the child's play the poster posted. also "<<allegation>>" who replied to the post is also a yahoo boy, he de do am silently inside his office, he works in a cafe in Ife town but he be like say he never hit dough, na him de pain my padi. We all know yahoo is not good but it wasn't my fault o!
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by Christino(m): 10:47am On Jun 24, 2007
globalaid:

@amebolive, i don't know the meaning for the caption of your story, it is unfair to say ile ife is where the yahoo boys are because of the two address you put up there and you did not also give us the source of your story, next time think before you post on a public forum like this, we ife are law abiding citizen and we are proud of our town.

I hail una o, You gat prisons in ife? grin

@ Westee,

I'm speechless shocked Thaks for revealing your identity!
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by MP007(m): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2007
please in a sentence , who are thses yahhooo boiz?
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by segedoo(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2007
na wa o!!
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by tEsLim(m): 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2007
Even his user name 'westee' sounds funny. That name should mean western union or something. I think thats how he gets paid
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by alarinka(m): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2007
MP007:

please in a sentence , who are thses yahhooo boiz?
, in fact one is seated by my side right now, frantically making spurious calls[with an annoying lisp and tottering grammar] , i dare not look side ways, but i pity the potential recipient[s], u tend to find these chaps in ife[yes!  ]sagamu,akure,festac area in Lagos, Goodluck to greedy investors
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by Orosunnuku(m): 11:43pm On Jun 24, 2007
@westee,
Its a pity that you can come out openly to identify yourself as Yahoo boiz,
Take a trip down memory lane and check out the end of your predecessors of the 80s & 90s,
The future for you as a 419ner is definitely jail & lamentations, unlesss you repent now.
Repent today and chart a new course
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by Orosunnuku(m): 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2007
Seun,
Over to you, we should not allow self acclaimed "con artists" like westee to be blowing their trumpets on this forum unchallenged,
There is need to send a clear message to him and his likes that this is not a "419 forum"
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by Iskwew(f): 5:02am On Jun 25, 2007
Orosunnuku:

@westee,
The future for you as a 419ner is definitely jail & lamentations, unlesss you repent now.
Repent today and chart a new course
are there any yahoo boys out there who have actually repented and turned their life around? I know it seems very difficult due to economic reasons, but can this honestly be done?
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by tasiana(m): 11:15am On Jun 25, 2007
Na today? undecided
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by mddude(m): 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2007
westee:

Hmmm, I am a yahoo boy, can't hide that because it wasn't only the boys, our governments also are scammers, no promising future for we youth after school, who no like effisi? who no wan buga? I be ghetto and i no wan die inside ghetto and struggling, though i am into cash, not the child's play the poster posted. also "<<allegation>>" who replied to the post is also a yahoo boy, he de do am silently inside his office, he works in a cafe in Ife town but he be like say he never hit dough, na him de pain my padi. We all know yahoo is not good but it wasn't my fault o!

At least you came out to say you are one of them. It is just sad what my beautiful country has turned it and it is funny that some people can justify it. I live in the US and I see how anything Nigerian is villified. What a lot of these yahoo boys dont understand is that they are actually burning a lot of bridges and isolating Nigeria in the international community. Nigeria is not the poorest country in the world.

Nice to talk about Efizzi! I guess the yahoo boys syndrome is being pushed by the quest for Effizzi! Just sad
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by DisGuy: 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2007
I'm confused   I still don't understand how the scam works.

Dont the victims wait to recieve the cash before they post the items??
some do some dont, sometime you trust/believe the person will pay(why wont they right?) and because you want to get a positive feedback you send the item out to arrive on time.

whatever you do dont accept to send good to nigeria, its too much hassle and accept paypal only! send within your country only!
write down the address in case they are using agents
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by PHEESAYOUR(m): 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2007
O ma se o! I pity westee, better you change now and stop spoiling and soiling our Green White Green
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by Carlosein(m): 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2007
@topic

Na wa for yahoo boys see grammar will kill somebody!

may God forgive all these boys cos they will reap the fruits of their labour. embarassed
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by JayMoney(m): 6:17pm On Jun 26, 2007
u have to make ur money / eat some how
so is up to u not to be taken advange off
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by JayMoney(m): 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2007
u have to make ur money / eat some how
so is up to u not to be taken advange off
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by taiyelolu: 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2007
It's quite unfortunate to see what our youth are doing to make money nowadays. I cannot  immagine somebody boasting of beeing a yahoo boy. I will advise them to read the book of jeremiah. No matter what you are going through, fraud should not be a means of escape. I want you to know that there is no man in the world without problem and there is no problem without a solution. You are happy while you are bringing sadness to someone's life, remember you cannot plant stone and harvest yam. CHANGE YOUR WAY.
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 28, 2007
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by tunrexdj(m): 8:40am On Jun 28, 2007
I PERSONALLY BELIEVE RIBADU SHOULD HAVE THE ZONAL HEADQUARTERS OF EFCC SITED IN ILE IFE.THERE ARE LOTS OF THIS USELESS YAHOO BOYS SCHOOLING OR RESIDING IN IFE.
ITS KIND OF WEIRD TO SEE UR MATES WAKE UP AROUND 5 AM N GET THERE BLOODY A$$ OFF TO THE CYBER CAFE.
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by docokwy(m): 6:00pm On Jun 28, 2007
Internet Fruadsters Caught
By: admin

Published: 2007/6/28 - Read 516 times Article Rated: 0.00

(0 votes)
Printer Friendly Page Tell a Friend

By Lola Abiona

Three young men, Muyideen Yusuf, 22, Muri Yusuf, 26 and Adekunle Dehinsilu, 23, have been arraigned before an Ikeja Magistrate’s Court on a four-count charge of internet fraud, bribery and unlawful possession of international passport.

The police alleged that the three men conspired to dupe foreigners on the internet and were caught with money order cheque leaflets with serial numbers 0691690, 0691688, 0691691, 0691689 and 0691687.

Also found in their possession were two Nigerian international passport, obtained by fraudulent representation. They allegedly used these illegal documents for fraudulent activities.

The suspects were also accused of bribing a police officer, Sergeant Bright Igbinola, with N50,000 to pervert justice.

They pleaded not guilty when the charges were read to them while the case was adjourned for further hearing.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=17016
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by matthkan: 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2007
Does it mean that the police in Ife do not know those yahoo boys? Definitely they do! They only prefer to intimidate and harass the innocent people around that go with their laptops, sometimes, extorting money especially at Mayfair bus stop. I think the police authority should be informed that their main role to the people is to maintain law and order not to harass people because they are carrying laptops.
Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by mosaic746(m): 10:50am On Jun 30, 2007
concerning the yahoo stuff,what trills me often is that, cant they work and make clean money, instead of duping some innocent persons.
Okay as nairalanders what can we do to stop it?

1 Like

Re: Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs by amebolive: 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2007
having gone through all coments + replies . we are currently on the move in ile ife to catch up with those boiz. there was a mini raid sometime ago and we are getting ready for another.
most of them pretrend as students on campus while carrying out their dubious acts. those whos e addy(s) have been gotten are already being investigated though some of them reside in big hotels in the town.
we know this has eaten deep into the country , but collectively we can get rid of this act and make this nation a nation we can be proud of.
thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case / Nigerian Yahoo Boys Are Learners: See Chinese Gurus In Action / Aremu Akinlagun Docked For Attempting To Kill Woman Over ₦8 Million Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.