Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,771 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:45 AM

Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary (11861 Views)

Jonathan, Mama Peace Join Buhari At Eagles Square For 60th Independence Parade / Arewa Celebrates 60th Independence Day In A Cute Way (Photos) / FG Declares October 1 Public Holiday To Mark 60th Independence Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by soundlala: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
a fool @ 60
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Drizzy5001(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
Nigeria will be better..
And me sef go dey cash out...
That's all i can say

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by dederocs(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
I will always take advantage of the opportuinities in the land and enrich myself, my people and employees, i shall inherit the riches and good of the land. Politicians make una give una self brain, govern well...

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by EnglishWithJosh: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
Hold on, Nigeria, help is on the way. I strongly believe in you!

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Antoeni(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
Nigeria Will Work Again

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by maasoap(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
E go better. But with strong institution and stiff penalty for corruption
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by MajohBankz: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
Something nice
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Bellotelli: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
Queenlovely:
I wish Nigeria was a man
Should Nigeria be a man, he would still have been raped by out politician.
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by OsuIgboIpob: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
Break it!

This union is not progressive.
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by adenigga(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
muykem:
God bless Nigeria. I will prosper in this land.

All I can say to this is......

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Nigeria my country,
Nigeria my home.
Nigeria my strength,
Nigeria my soul.
A giant in the west,
A beautiful land to behold.

A land filled with brave warriors and home to great minds,
An abode of different ethnicities and languages,
A country filled with natural resources and wonders of nature ,
A beautiful star in the sky and a rising beauty in the west.
But Alas! A Nation that lost it key.
The key to development and achievement,
They key to it greatness and it wealth,
The key my home lost is peace and unity.
Without peace my great land is on the brink of destruction,
Without unity my nation is on the path of extinction,
Without peace my great city will soon be shattered.

I left my home and crossed the seas,
Maybe I will find peace and bring it back to my city.
Like wind with no home i journeyed to the north, west,south and finally to the east.
To and fro in foreign lands but yet I found no peace.
Then I stumbled on a land of different ethnicities and languages just like my home, but yet they are at peace.
A land of different religions and beliefs but yet creating wonders together with ease,
A land of different races and people from different backgrounds but in unity,
A land of people with different ideas but living as one family.

I closed my eyes and said to myself, how could this be?
What should I do to restore peace to my home?
What should I do to restore unity to my land?
I closed my eyes and tears rolled down my cheek,
I fear for my precious land and my great nation.
Then I heard voices whispering to me,
I opened my eyes to see a war hero and a young victim of war.
The war hero said to me tolerance is what my home needs,
The young victim of war said to me love is the second thing my nation needs,
When we tolerate one another we have peace,
When we love one another we have unity,
A peaceful nation makes us one,
Together as one we have unity,
Together as one we grow,
Together as one we build,
Together as one we are strong,
Together as one we become the envy of other nations,
Together as one we have no war,
Together as one we will achieve greatness,
Together as one the labour of our past heroes will never be in vain.

Finally! I'm back to my home after journeying for 60 years.
Have realized tolerance and love will give us peace and unity,
Peace and unity will make us one.
Together as one we will be a great nation.
Now I'm sure the future of my nation is secured,
Now I'm sure my home will regain it lost glory,
Now I'm sure Together as one we will soar high like the eagle.
Together As One.
Together@60.

3 Likes

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by fredoooooo: 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Happy birthday motherland, Thanks for all you give me till date .... without you i won't even know there are opportunities and possibilities somewhere else, Though you're not perfect , you live with cancer , you try stay healthy but the cancers have eating deep into your body , but your soul and spirit shall heal your body .. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE ONCE AGAIN MOTHERLAND

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by SmartPolician: 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Nigeria is the most useless country in the world

60 wasted years.

Nonsense!
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Newman20(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Queenlovely:
I wish Nigeria was a man

Sexist
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by marsman: 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Person wey go make am go make am irrespective of the situation.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by shaggyosas(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
God bless Ajara, God bless Badagry, God bless Lagos State
Most importantly,God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Denique(f): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
God bless me, mine and yours always–Amen!
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
May the giant in us,Nigerians rise again.
Happy independence day my fellow countrymen.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by chiiraq802(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2020
'A fool @ 60 is a fool forever'

That's all i can say cheesy'
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by meobizy(f): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2020
God I bless Nigeria. The land of my birth and my innate origin. I have no idea where I will raise children, but they shall never forget and will learn to accept where their father will always call home.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Probity100: 10:09am On Oct 01, 2020
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by adelumolo(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2020
God bless Nigeria.....

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by enemyofprogress: 10:10am On Oct 01, 2020
Op why should I say something nice to a fool at 60? Abeg no make me vex with you o
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Peejayx01(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2020
God bless Nigeria abundantly

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by OBAINO700: 10:10am On Oct 01, 2020
As Nigeria mark 60 today, may God in his infinite mercy remember the needy and d helpless..... Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by enemyofprogress: 10:11am On Oct 01, 2020
Denique:
God bless me, mine and yours always–Amen!
see wetin this one write. Na so una dey fail exam. Shioor!
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Jointheir7(f): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2020
May God, bless Nigeria and cause His face to shine upon her. May the mercy of the Lord, speak over judgement that our nation may prosper again. In Jesus mighty name!

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by PrinceMajestic: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2020
OK Sir. "Some thing nice". Alright, thats it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption / Oba Of Lagos Lock Up Idumota Traders Shop,orders Them 2Go To Ambode's Rally-pics / Uk High Commissioner To Nigeria Catorina Liang Visits Tinubu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.