Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,678 members, 7,908,770 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 11:51 AM

Romance Without Money! Can It Last? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Without Money! Can It Last? (1659 Views)

Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance / Sustaining Relationships Without Money / Why Do Broke Men Expect Women To Want Romance Without Finance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Bigproff1(m): 4:48am On Mar 03, 2011
Can romance without money last a relationship.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Africanqueen2(f): 10:42am On Mar 03, 2011
It can last if he has d right attitude
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Onchedu(m): 10:56am On Mar 03, 2011
African_queen:

It can last for me if he has d right attitude cos I'm the kind of girl that appreciates attitude

In any case there needs to be money o. If it isn't there now it had better come soon otherwise e go die or just fizzle away.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Bigproff1(m): 11:21am On Mar 03, 2011
dat means its all about holding d cash in hand.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by InkedNerd(f): 11:28am On Mar 03, 2011
@OP: Yes, it can. There was a guy I was involved with and the guy didn't have a lot of money but I didn't even care. Money isn't an issue for me just as long and neither on of us is using the other or feeling inadequate about one of us having more than the other.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by sicily4u: 11:28am On Mar 03, 2011
NO it cannot last long, no matter what
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Omolola1(f): 11:29am On Mar 03, 2011
Honestly, No
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Tosinville(m): 11:31am On Mar 03, 2011
Op
don't let ppl deceive you cos with nigerian girls its NO MONEY NO HONEY.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Goldieluks: 11:35am On Mar 03, 2011
sometimes,yes,sometimes no.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Tosinville(m): 11:39am On Mar 03, 2011
With nigerian ladies it can't last, truss me.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Africanqueen2(f): 11:43am On Mar 03, 2011
Onchedu:

In any case there needs to be money o. If it isn't there now it had better come soon otherwise e go die or just fizzle away.
Like I said it depends on d attitude of d couples
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by MMM2(m): 11:49am On Mar 03, 2011
it can work in 9ja, cos our lady luv money.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Tingles(m): 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2011
You need finance to run romance.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by sandraa(f): 3:34pm On Mar 03, 2011
nope
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by foyeks2001(f): 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2011
hell NO
money makes the world go round
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by 25omega(m): 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2011
yes it can last.
From my point of view: me not having money shouldn't be a problem for you as long as im not asking you to pay my way. On the other hand are you expecting me to carry the whole relationship financially? or you have an issue with me not having money because im begging for for money?

p.s African_queen i love that photo you seem genuinely happy very cool pic
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by foyeks2001(f): 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2011
25omega:

yes it can last.
From my point of view: me not having money shouldn't be a problem for you as long as im not asking you to pay my way. On the other hand are you expecting me to carry the whole relationship financially? or you have an issue with me not having money because im begging for for money?

p.s African_queen i love that photo you seem genuinely happy very cool pic

it cld be very boring u know

25omega:

On the other hand are you expecting me to carry the whole relationship financially? or you have an issue with me not having money because im begging for for money?

whats the essence of being in a relationship then? to have intimacy alone rite Mr Brokeass
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 03, 2011
@poster
it all depends on WHO you are dating.
if you are dating any of these ¨hungry, poverty striken, low life¨ ladies that we see on this thread answering NO then definitely there wont be any romance. you see they dont even know what romance stands for, they only believe in the $$$$. so as long as you have money, you can purchase one of them and pretend that there is romance when DEEP DOWN there isnt any. its just a mirror screen! like driving a leased car, it looks like yours but it never is.

now if you are dating a down to earth person who looks and evaluates you by your PERSON, your values etc rather than how much money you have to throw at her hungry/poor self then NOW YOU ARE TALKING!!!!!
unfortunately it will be very hard to find such damsel in a country where most are ¨hungry, poverty striken, low life¨ or made to believe that money is the answer to all their worries. . . . . . . . . but dont despair, your princess is out there, you just need to be patient and search harder.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Yemmyc(f): 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2011
wink
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by MsPotato(f): 12:07am On Mar 04, 2011
Money brings out the true colors of a persin therefore I feel a relationship without money will exactly tell you how strong the relationship is. It will be very very hard but if a couples gets through it and still make it when they are well off in the future than that is called a very solid and strong relationship
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by dayokanu(m): 12:09am On Mar 04, 2011
With Most of these gold digging women?

Hel No
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by 25omega(m): 12:18am On Mar 04, 2011
foyeks2001:

whats the essence of being in a relationship then? to have intimacy alone rite Mr Brokeass
throwing insults is a classless way of communicating. your whole idea of having a man carry you all the way is why some women in Nigeria will never see the light and they will always remain under the thumb of the men in that country.

If you had a job and paid your own bills you will be proud to pay your own way instead of walking around town looking for a meal ticket. i'm all for being a gentle man but what is the point of being with a woman who is broke and not able to carry a relationship if im down on my luck without worrying that she will run off on me?
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Yemmyc(f): 12:46am On Mar 04, 2011
money ain't everyfin[especially in a relatnshp]but it is a neccessary evil
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 04, 2011
^^^That's a damn lie women push to have men support their sorry broke self!
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by dayokanu(m): 1:00am On Mar 04, 2011
Why cant women offer to support their broke bf?

Why cant women go and marry broke guys

Naija women sha!!
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Yemmyc(f): 1:05am On Mar 04, 2011
dat ain't tru! [in sum cases]coz sum men do frnd women bcoz of their money.d ish is 50/50.dnt blame it on women alone.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by MsPotato(f): 1:14am On Mar 04, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^That's a damn lie women push to have men support their sorry broke self!

Jay, am dissapointed you just said that. Not all women are like that. angry
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Why cant women offer to support their broke bf?

Why cant women go and marry broke guys

Naija women sha!!

I've tried. It's not fun. Initially I was okay with it, but then he was no longer trying for anything. The little money I go make he go chop, so I stopped funding him.

It can last, as long as both parties are willing to work and sacrifice together.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by MsPotato(f): 2:03am On Mar 04, 2011
ogugua88:

I've tried. It's not fun. Initially I was okay with it, but then he was no longer trying for anything. The little money I go make he go chop, so I stopped funding him.

It can last, as long as both parties are willing to work and sacrifice together.

U should have encouraged him more to be a man. And stay strong. Give him a kick to start. I know how hard it will be and I understand what you mean.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 04, 2011
@Yemmyc
Just because some men are gold diggers too doesn't make your point any clearer.
If anyone look at the right place and take its time, its possible to find romance without finance. Although finances would make romance "easier", it is NOT a necessity for happiness in relationship or romance. Its only a necessity for all them hungry, broke asss, lost women (and men) who are focussing at the wrong things in life.

@Gabry
Its true, for all women who push this damn lie that there aint romance without finance!

These people have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.
A poor man can treat a gal as well as a wealthy one:
- The wealthy one takes you out to fancy restaurants, the poor one shops at Tesco and cook you dinner at home.
- The wealthy one takes you out to Silverbird cinemas, the poor one download movie online and watch it at home with you.
- The wealthy one pays for fancy shopping spree in europe while the poor one walks hand in hand with you in the park looking at the sunset.

Now you may think that the wealthy ones have a better relationship, but in reality they don't, they have an equally rewarding relationship . . . . . . Of course ¨poverty striken/ hungry people who have no idea what to base the value of a relationship with, other than spending power, would tell you the contrary.
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by isalegan2: 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2011
dayokanu:

With Most of these gold digging women?

Hell No

Calm down.  Who the hell is digging your gold?  pfftt!
Re: Romance Without Money! Can It Last? by dayokanu(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2011
ogugua88:

Am sure a lot of men have tried supporting their poverty striken gf and it didnt work because most Naija women believe in leeching off men.

Infact most women believe the best way out of poverty is not to work hard but to marry a rich man.

They would give all sort of excuse that they dont want to suffer(You dont suffer if you can work hard), Men are supposed to spend money on them(As if men are superior to them intellectually)

isale_gan2:

Calm down.  Who the hell is digging your gold?  pfftt!

But you know thats the truth, You see women everyday sharing gist with their friends about a new guy they met, they wont say they met a nice guy, rather they would be screaming how they met a rich guy.

Meaning the money is more important that anything

(1) (2) (Reply)

Worst Kissing Experience / How Do I Turn A Gal Friend Into A Girlfriend? / What Do You Consider 1st In Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.