Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,718 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:49 PM

Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place (27082 Views)

Court Ruled In January That INEC Can Use Any Method For Results Transmission / Wike Disappointed As BVAS Fails To Accredit Him, Wife / WAEC Disagrees With Presidency, Says Buhari Applied For Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by NGpatriot: 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
ajl:
Fashionable! So, it's state government and local government that will provide electricity. Even when states come out with plan to generate enough power to run their states, you will say they should feed it into national grid, as if these parts of the country exist as mugu to other parts that choose to be aimless.

It is not Fashola or the FG's job to provide you with electricity, your PDP uncles sold our power assets to their cronies in the private sector aka PRIVATIZATION.

When jona and his PDP gangs were doing that, you people didn't care, you were too busy shouting GEJ till 2015.

Today, your governors can generate and embed power in your state so face your state government to do just that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by blacknp(m): 3:43pm On Oct 03, 2020
NGpatriot:

It is not Fashola or the FG's job to provide you with electricity, your PDP uncles sold our power assets to their cronies in the private sector aka PRIVATIZATION.

When jona and his PDP gangs were doi gn that, you people didn't care, you were too busy shouting GEJ till 2015.

Today, your governors can generate and embed power in your state so face your state government to do just that.
You are absolutely 100% correct, even the clueless useless Jonathan does not have electricity in his Otuoke village in Bayelsa State, Mr privatization indeed.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by blacknp(m): 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2020
CodeTemplar:
They gambled on oil earnings to peak and it didn't work out. Now they have to shift the focus away. The states are in debt too. They have no real control over their resource and so look up the FG who gets the lion's share of oil earnings.
Why are they waiting for the FG for pocket money, after over 40 years of existence, why can’t The States generate their own money? Lazy people, tomorrow they will fool the people that it is the Federal Government’s fault? For a fact I know Lagos State does not depend on Federal Government stipends.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by NGpatriot: 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
blacknp:
You are absolutely 100% correct, even the clueless useless Jonathan does not have electricity in his Otuoke village in Bayelsa State, Mr privatization indeed.

Well said.

Jona and 16 years of PDP did not commission 1 single project in the whole of SE and SS, Jona did not build 1 inch of road or 1 single classroom in his own SE.

...but guess who is constructing roads, bridges and commissioning projects in the SE and SS? PMB/Fashola.

These characters love incompetence and mediocrity, this is the reason why they are still following and voting for the same useless and incompetent people that didn't do anything for them.

They are acting as if incompetence and failure is their portion in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by BreconHills(m): 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2020
yaki84:

If that is the case, don't u think it is foolhardy for the presidential candidate and his cohorts to campaign on these basic and primary things?
You don't make promises and later turn back to say these things aren't supposed to be made possible by us but by another sphere of govt.
Cct, npower and it's like are products of this govt, I can attest that Nigerians kicked against most of these programs but they insisted on doing g it. Didn't they know these should have been taken care by the lower sphere of govt?
Mister these guys r hypocrites and wicked, evil runs in their veins.

Don't get me wrong politicians all over the world lie to various degrees. The British PM told a pack of lies to get Brexit done, as for Trump, he is a class of its own. Nigeria is worse. But the point i want to make is that we have to hold our people to account at grassroots level. My LG gets massive subventions but does zilch. We all know where there offices are and we need to stand up to them. We can't keep giving them a free pass simply because we allow them to blindside us with party politics party politics.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by blacknp(m): 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
NGpatriot:

Well said.

Jona and 16 years of PDP did not commission 1 single project in the whole of SE and SS, Jona did not build 1 inch of road or 1 single classroom in his own SE.

...but guess who is constructing roads, bridges and commissioning projects in the SE and SS? PMB/Fashola.

These characters love incompetence and mediocrity, this is the reason why they are still following and voting for the same useless and incompetent people that didn't do anything for them.

They are acting as if incompetence and failure is their portion in life.
It is good to know that some people still think critically about issues, not just everybody jumping on the bandwagon of negativity, in 2013 Jonathan assured us that the privatization was the beginning of the end of the electricity problems, it is even worse today, he sold Nigerians out for cheap. what does Funke Osibudu, Tunde Ayeni, Captain Hosa no about electricity generation & distribution? It will never be well for Jonathan, remains forever useless.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Ajibel(m): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
CheGuevara101:

Repeat till your head is back to factory reset

I did and my head still agrees with BRF'S submission sad

What should I do now
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by executive12: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
I guess Fashola has been humbled. This is the same guy that boasted he can solve Nigeria's electricity problem within six months. He should be apologising to Nigerians for talking out of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Georgebaba: 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
Whoube99:

I used to reckon this man as an intelligent dude before now, but little did I know that he is as stupid and foolish as his boss.
" It wouldn't take any serious government more than six (6) months to fix electricity, it is not rocket science". Fashola later superintended the power ministry for more than five (5) years, and electricity became rocket science to him.
Mr. rocket science
Na "ogun go kill im"
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by CheGuevara101(m): 5:14pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ajibel:

I did and my head still agrees with BRF'S submission sad

What should I do now

Go and hang yourself Jare

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by NGpatriot: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2020
executive12:
I guess Fashola has been humbled. This is the same guy that boasted he can solve Nigeria's electricity problem within six months. He should be apologising to Nigerians for talking out of ignorance.

You mean the looters and corrupt elements that ruled you for 16 years and collected more oil money in the history of Nigeria and still left you in darkness and zero project in your village don't need to applogice, it's Fashola who is constructing and completing all the projects the useless people abandoned who should apologize for not giving you electricity within 6 months?

Sometimes I just wonder about you people and your corrupt upside down manner of reasoning and mentality.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Ajibel(m): 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
CheGuevara101:

Go and hang yourself Jare

You're advising me to commit suicide because I agree with BRF'S submission
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Litmus: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0yJMXv7toA

True and many other wise people preach this too but their message lands only on the unsophisticated lap of the majority. The majority in all nations are said to be stupid but now internet has made them dangerous too. There are few things worst than dumb majority armed with information beyond the ken of their unsophisticated skulls. For now, democracy seems wasted on Nigerians.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by CheGuevara101(m): 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ajibel:

You're advising me to commit suicide because I agree with BRF'S submission

Yes na. We need Asslickers like you to go away completely from Nigeria.

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Bluntemperor: 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2020
BigSarah:
Rocket science minister has ordered us to read the constitution so we can criticize appropriately... Terrible people

Is this man talking to Nigerians or we have been taken for granted?
When you were Power Minister for four years,why could Nigeria not have 24/7 light?
Now you are Works and Housing Minister,please,how many roads that are completed for Nigerians to use or it is now an aberration to celebrate completion of Projects,Housing,Hospitals etc in Nigeria?.No wander,time-frame are no longer giving to Road-Contractors when to finish a Project in Nigeria! Who monitors these alien Contractors that they are doing the right thing on those projects?
In 2008,during the World Economic melt-down,former American President Obama was going about all American cities-encouraging them,including small companies to come up,get soft-loan and grants-that America will overcome the melt- downs and indeed they did- go and ask General Motors,Fords etc.today.But when last did our own President go to feel the pulse of the Nation? You stay in Abuja Only to Share Nigeria Money that never get to the poor you people claim to represent and you want these Talakawas to be happy?
Please Honourable Minister,when last did you visit Shagamu-Ikorodu-Road Project to know that is a snail or if not abandoned?
When would the Ijebu-Ode-Ikorodu-Itoke Federal-Road that is a death-trap to those using it from Eastern and Western transporters ever be considered for total expansion and construction?
Indeed,we all need to go and read law of Nigerian Constitution!
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by yaki84: 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
BreconHills:

Don't get me wrong politicians all over the world lie to various degrees. The British PM told a pack of lies to get Brexit done, as for Trump, he is a class of its own. Nigeria is worse. But the point i want to make is that we have to hold our people to account at grassroots level. My LG gets massive subventions but does zilch. We all know where there offices are and we need to stand up to them. We can't keep giving them a free pass simply because we allow them to blindside us with party politics party politics.
Local govt can't do jack under this present structure we r running. So there is nothing most of them can do other than empower their immediate family members.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by femifemi1(m): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2020
Nothing Musa no go see for gate....
Get your Bailey's, Martin, Campari, Martell and other wines at good price." BottleLIT Wines"

Check Signature for details
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by NGpatriot: 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2020
Bluntemperor:

Is this man talking to Nigerians or we have been taken for granted?
When you were Power Minister for four years,why could Nigeria not have 24/7 light?
Now you are Works and Housing Minister,please,how many roads that are completed for Nigerians to use or it is now an aberration to celebrate completion of Projects,Housing,Hospitals etc in Nigeria?.No wander,time-frame are no longer giving to Road-Contractors when to finish a Project in Nigeria! Who monitors these alien Contractors that they are doing the right thing on those projects?
In 2008,during the World Economic melt-down,former American President Obama was going about all American cities-encouraging them,including small companies to come up,get soft-loan and grants-that America will overcome the melt- downs and indeed they did- go and ask General Motors,Fords etc.today.But when last did our own President go to feel the pulse of the Nation? You stay in Abuja Only to Share Nigeria Money that never get to the poor you people claim to represent and you want these Talakawas to be happy?
Please Honourable Minister,when last did you visit Shagamu-Ikorodu-Road Project to know that is a snail or if not abandoned?
When would the Ijebu-Ode-Ikorodu-Itoke Federal-Road that is a death-trap to those using it from Eastern and Western transporters ever be considered for total expansion and construction?
Indeed,we all need to go and read law of Nigerian Constitution!

No law prevents state govts from generating power – Fashola

The reality before privatisation is that the Ministry of Power had over 50,000 staff, owned trucks, employed electricians who went out to repair faults, the Ministry controlled power stations like Jebba, Kainji, Shiroro, Egbin to mention a few and the Ministry employed all of those who worked in Distribution

“All that is gone, since November 2013. From over 50,000 staff, the Ministry now has a staff strength of 729 people. There are no electricians, fitters, repair vehicles or distribution staff in our ministry anymore and we do not supply, repair or replace distribution transformers or meters. All of these are now the work of the DisCos, under contract with BPE and under licence by NERC as a matter of Law

https://newsexpressngr.com/news/75282-No-law-prevents-state-governments-from-generating-power-Fashola

That's not his job, all of the assets that the Ministry of Power used to control for power have been sold, electricity is in the hands of private companies, not Fashola or the FG.

This is why the man is educating you, you are looking for results where you shouldn't, go and read the Electric Power Sector Reform Act, 2005 (The Act).

Why are you people so allergic to education?
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by rontolo(m): 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
Goke7:

talk is cheap bruv, only those around you can attest to your credibility
I am not a public official funded by tax payers money at ridiculously exorbitant cost. Fashola is a public figure and we must demand credibility and accountability from these leaders who selfishly bestride our nation. Fashola is accountable to us. My credibility on the other hand, is is my private business #BigDifference
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Ojiofor: 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
No be this agbero been talk say to fix constant electricity for naija no be nukclear science.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Ajibel(m): 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
CheGuevara101:

Yes na. We need Asslickers like you to go away completely from Nigeria.

But I'm not asslicker sad
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by NGpatriot: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2020
rontolo:

I am not a public official funded by tax payers money at ridiculously exorbitant cost. Fashola is a public figure and we must demand credibility and accountability from these leaders who selfishly bestride our nation. Fashola is accountable to us. My credibility on the other hand, is is my private business #BigDifference

So, you can demand from him what he's not responsible for?

It's like demanding accountability from the vulgernizer instead of the panel beater you gave your car to..

Why are nigerian youths so clueless like this?
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by BreconHills(m): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
yaki84:

Local govt can't do jack under this present structure we r running. So there is nothing most of them can do other than empower their immediate family members.

Local government revenues are independent of interference by any arm of government. They are answerable only to themselves and while there is something to be said for this, it is also a problem.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by rontolo(m): 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
NGpatriot:

So, you can demand from him what he's not responsible for?

It's like demanding accountability from the vulgernizer instead of the panel beater you gave your car to..

Why are nigerian youths so clueless like this?
I think you have a comprehension deficit.

My issue is not with what Fashola has said. We’ve been saying the same for a decade. NOI vigorously posited this severally. What was Fashola’s input then? That the fed govt was Nigeria’s only problem

He and his APC goons directed political opprobrium at the federal govt for personal gain. Even promising to resolve the Power issue in 6 months. We’re 6-years into abject failure, and all we see is deflection and propagation of blame. Zero accountability. We will make more progress as a nation when people (especially people of influence like Fashola) expouse positions of truth, not only when it serves their selfish purpose. Also, we as citizens have duty to call out these self serving characters quick to propagate convenient truths, only when it suits their selfish agendas.

We can do this, even when we don’t disagree with the message
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by yaki84: 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
BreconHills:

Local government revenues are independent of interference by any arm of government. They are answerable only to themselves and while there is something to be said for this, it is also a problem.
Do u know what is jaac?
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by NGpatriot: 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2020
rontolo:

I think you have a comprehension deficit.

My issue is not with what Fashola has said. We’ve been saying the same for a decade. NOI vigorously posited this severally. What was Fashola’s input then? That fed Nigeria govt was the only problem in Nigeria

He and his APC goons directed political opprobrium at the federal govt for personal gain. Even promising to resolve the Power issue in 6 months. We’re 6-years into abject failure, and all we see is deflection and propagation of blame. Zero accountability. We will make more progress as a nation when people (especially people of influence like Fashola) expouse positions of truth, not only when it serves their selfish purpose. We as citizens, have duty to call out these self serving politicians, who propagate convenient truths, only when it suits their selfish purpose.

We can do this, even when we agree with the message

He's still saying the same thing, that the FG messed up for not providing stable electricity and instead of doing so, they privatized electricity so exac,y what impute are you talking about?

To abolish power privatization which he really can not do because privatization was a constitutional ACT?

Or you are just mad because he used to criticize your incompetent looting and stealing PDP uncles?

NOI and Jona stole N2.3 billion and gave it to Dasuki ATM to share with their cronies, that money was a enough to build 1000MW power plant or 2 Lagos Ibadan railway, but you asslickers want to blame Fashola for the misery, pain and suffering crated by the crooked and corrupt people you voted for?

Where were you and how come you did not demand accountability when Nigeria was swimming in oil wealth and instead of spending the funds on infrastructures, they looted every kobo while hypocrites like you was shouting GEJ till 2015?

So, you also want us to believe that today's government that's constructing and commissioning major infrastructures including the ones abandoned for 30 years, 13 years including 2nd Niger bridge is a failure, but your worthless, crooked and incompetent PDP uncles you voted for that spent 16 years in office but did not commission 1 single project are the good guys and you don't need any accountability from them?

How mentally redundant and hypocritical can you people be?

I'm trying not to laugh, but the pointless,, silly and corrupt upside down rubbish you people spew sometimes are very comical to be take seriously.

grin
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by NGpatriot: 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2020
We as citizens, have duty to call out these self serving politicians, who propagate convenient truths, only when it suits their selfish purpose.

Hypocrites sat on their hands for 16 years like mumu while Nigeria was brutally raped, stripped of wealth and progress, now all of a sudden, they've all turned activists shedding fake crocodile tears for Nigeria when in fact you care less about Nigeria, you are just another ipob spewing your usual hateful and bitter nonsense.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
Well said rubbish
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by rontolo(m): 9:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
NGpatriot:

He's still saying the same thing, that the FG messed up for not providing stable electricity and instead of doing so, they privatized electricity so exac,y what impute are you talking about?

To abolish power privatization which he really can not do because privatization was a constitutional ACT?

Or you are just mad because he used to criticize your incompetent looting and stealing PDP uncles?

NOI and Jona stole N2.3 billion and gave it to Dasuki ATM to share with their cronies, that money was a enough to build 1000MW power plant or 2 Lagos Ibadan railway, but you asslickers want to blame Fashola for the misery, pain and suffering crated by the crooked and corrupt people you voted for?

Where were you and how come you did not demand accountability when Nigeria was swimming in oil wealth and instead of spending the funds on infrastructures, they looted every kobo while hypocrites like you was shouting GEJ till 2015?

So, you also want us to believe that today's government that's constructing and commissioning major infrastructures including the ones abandoned for 30 years, 13 years including 2nd Niger bridge is a failure, but your worthless, crooked and incompetent PDP uncles you voted for that spent 16 years in office but did not commission 1 single project are the good guys and you don't need any accountability from them?

How mentally redundant and hypocritical can you people be?

I'm trying not to laugh, but the pointless,, silly and corrupt upside down rubbish you people spew sometimes are very comical to be take seriously.

grin

Here we go again with the over flogged doddle from yet another zombie! Like it or not, I will pick a GEJ govt over your current paymasters, this incompetent, nepotistic, rearward charlatans of a leadership called APC. This govt, when it comes to corruption, is no different from past govts. However they surpass all in nepotism, blame game, lack of accountability and propaganda.

However it may pain you and other propaganda goons receiving 20k stipends from this backward govt to defend their failed policies, my position on fashola and his band of thieves in govt remains unchanged. Thank you
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by NGpatriot: 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
[s]
rontolo:

Here we go again with the over flogged doddle from yet another zombie! Like it or not, I will pick a GEJ govt over your current paymasters, this incompetent, nepotistic charlatans of a leadership called APC. This govt, when it comes to corruption, is no different from past govts. However they surpass all in nepotism, blame game, lack of accountability and propaganda.

However it may pain you and other propaganda goons receiving 20k stipends from this backward govt to defend their failed policies, my position on fashola and his band of thieves in govt remains unchanged. Thank you
[/s]

Zik Mausoleum Buhari built, that PDP failed to do in 16 years

President Muhammadu Buhari has completed the mausoleum in honour of Nigeria’s first president, Nnamdi Azikiwe, what the Peoples Democratic Party failed to do during all its 16 years in power.

In 16 years of the PDP in control of Nigerian affairs, Zik was totally forgotten, his memory consigned to the dustbin of history, by the rapacious regime, even as members helped themselves to the commonwealth and looted the treasury. The mausoleum was abandoned and it became the playground of all kinds of reptiles

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2018/12/11/photo-news-zik-mausoleum-buhari-built-that-pdp-failed-to-do-in-16-years/

Not interested in your ignorant rubbish, Fashola delivered more and he's more competent than all the ministers in his position under OBJ, Yaradua and GEJ combined and I can prove it with facts and pictures.

Let me give you a taste, ZIK mausoleum was abandoned for 22 years including 16 yeatts of useless your useless, incompetent looting and stealing PDP masters after awarding many looting and stealing contracts, it took Fashola on 2 years to complete the project.

This is in your own village, the useless, looting and stealing incompetent people you follow follow like mumu for 16 years did not coimmission 1 single project in the SE, not 1.

So, who is really stupid and mumu?

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by NGpatriot: 10:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
Fashola was the best governor in Nigeria in his time.

Fashola is still the best works and housing minister in the history of Nigeria because he's doing what 16 years of your worthless looting and stealing PDP uncles couldn't do.

Who is doing your 2nd MB? Fashola.

Who is constructing all the federal roads your looting and stealing PDP masters refused to construct? Fashola.

Fashola is more competent than all your leaders and all the ministers under 16 years of PDP combined.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Brandstudio01: 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
yultater:

Till I'm done with you. Cured idiot. Again mark this day. October 3rd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest / 2023: How PDP Governors Frustrated Peter Obi Out Of The Party / Governor Fintiri Celebrates Ofala Festival With Igbos In Adamawa State (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.