Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,428 members, 7,901,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:35 AM

Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place (27116 Views)

Court Ruled In January That INEC Can Use Any Method For Results Transmission / Wike Disappointed As BVAS Fails To Accredit Him, Wife / WAEC Disagrees With Presidency, Says Buhari Applied For Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by yultater: 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Till I'm done with you. Cured idiot. Again mark this day. October 3rd

sharap

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Foookaaa: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
But Mr. Minister, this is why you should have been a champion of restructuring. That way, we would have a clearly defined division of labor between the center and our federating units. We would know what to expect from our governor, what to expect from our president, and correctly know who to assign praise or blame when it comes to amenities. Instead, you were blaming our regional federalism and our system of government for the woes of the First Republic. Since the government you are part of, continues to concentrate power in the center, Nigerians will continue to hold them responsible for the failure to provide basic amenities for their citizens. Simple as that.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by rontolo(m): 7:07am On Oct 04, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

[s]Not interested in your ignorant rubbish, Fashola delivered more and he's more competent than all the ministers in his position under OBJ, Yaradua and GEJ combined and I can prove it with facts and pictures.

Let me give you a taste, ZIK mausoleum was abandoned for 22 years including 16 yeatts of useless your useless, incompetent looting and stealing PDP masters after awarding many looting and stealing contracts, it took Fashola on 2 years to complete the project.

This is in your own village, the useless, looting and stealing incompetent people you follow follow like mumu for 16 years did not coimmission 1 single project in the SE, not 1.

So, who is really stupid and mumu?
[/s]

Here we go again. A mausoleum is now a measure of development and investment. Let me school you, as I know you are still intoxicated by the N20k you collected at the end of sept from your pay masters to spew nonsense on Nairaland.

This corrupt govt of no directIon has squandered trillions of Nigeria in loans, revenue from tax receipts that’s x4 of that under all previous govt combined, not to talk of depleted contingency funds. This nepotistic leadership echelon (including military) is made up of incompetent northerners. Nigeria is on the precipice. People are being slaughtered upandan as a result of your incompetent paymasters. Most of the govts eye service is to a propaganda effects and deflection. It’s a measure of how patently stup1d your type are that you show me a mausoleum as an achievement when we all know the purpose of this is to serve a propaganda narrative. N24 trillion borrowed in 4 years and your confused mind brings up a mausoleum as evidence of development ! You need help already

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 04, 2020
Ehiscotch:
Nigerians can throw a fit and don't know how to react rationally.

Fashola just said the truth really but Nigerians take pride in being antagonistic and they love the Deja vu; I guess there is a thrill to it embedded in us.

Basic amenities like that are to be covered by the State Government. The FG can't be everywhere and they embark on projects that take years to accomplish: rails, roads, ports etc.

Nigeria has so much challenges that a government can achieve so little in eight years, especially with corruption so endemic and institutionalized.

Listen(sic), before you mention. You would keep moaning and groaning and wailing for eight years of Buhari and then the next government and then the next, until you realise the fundamental details of governance and hold them sensibly to it, devoid of emotions or sentiments or prejudice.

I feel a need to reemphasize. This is NOT about APC/ Buhari or what no. I am feeling the burning effects of the economic downturn but I am grateful to God for the ability to detach emotion for rationality.
A lot of people have no idea the pivotal role Local and State Government plays in the economic development of a country. And because of this miseducation most State Governors keep getting away with ineptitude.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by rontolo(m): 11:13am On Oct 04, 2020
I was at an event with potential foreign investors where this man was spewing arrant trash (so arrogantly) how no one should contact him to discuss power investment or improvement Ideas. His argument was that power was already in private hands! That moment, I realised why he had made zero progress 4years at the helm of the ministry. What does he consider his job to be? He is a master of abdication and deflection

Privatisation was the right step to take given that govt was NEVER going to improve the power story.

There is soo much the federal govt can do to influence other tiers of govt and raise awareness in the process. My problem with fashola and this govt is that they are duplicitous, self serving and unaccountable
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by adekolaelect(m): 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
hmohammed:

Oga tax on salaries are collected by state government. Most of you guys know nothing. That's the problem
OK Mr know something tell me who is collecting stamp duties of banks we all pay whenever money enter our accounts ? Tell me who is collecting tax we are paying through electricity bills ? Tell us who is collecting tax for Driver license we are paying for ? If only states collect our tax !!! Can you tell me why federal government inland Revenging office located in each state?

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by hmohammed(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
adekolaelect:
OK Mr know something tell me who is collecting stamp duties of banks we all pay whenever money enter our accounts ? Tell me who is collecting tax we are paying through electricity bills ? Tell us who is collecting tax for Driver license we are paying for ? If only states collect our tax !!! Can you tell me why federal government inland Revenging office located in each state?

I am not saying we don't pay taxes at all the Federal government. Our main source of income is taxed by the state government which is the material part of our earning. Others are taxes on spend. Also VAT and some other taxes have state portion, although they are collected by FIRS. I hope this clarifies.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by adekolaelect(m): 8:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
hmohammed:

I am not saying we don't pay taxes at all the Federal government. Our main source of income is taxed by the state government which is the material part of our earning. Others are taxes on spend. Also VAT and some other taxes have state portion, although they are collected by FIRS. I hope this clarifies.
who ask this one how taxes is been collected when you failed to explain how tax income is been managed by fedr govmt for the betterment of Nigerians individually which makes a minister to tell Nigerians not ask for responsibilities from federal government but state and they can ask for direct tax from Nigerians individually ?

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Lotechi(m): 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2020
NGpatriot:

You should have listened to Fashola because this is the responsibility of your state governors, not the FG and on top of that, the FG sends allocations to your governors every month specifically for that purpose.

Provision of basic amenities is also the reason why your state governors collect IGR.

It is you who is unfamiliar with the responsibilities of the FG and even state governments.

What are the responsibilities of your state governors? Do you even know?

The fact that you hate the president or the federal government doesn't mean you shouldn't know your rights and the responsibilities of your state governors.
I think I should school you. We are talking about electoral reforms, sound economic policies, True federalism, decentralization of power, judicial reforms, smart investment in electricity and fixing critical infrastructure in the country. These and many more are the responsibilities of the federal government.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by NGpatriot: 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
[s]
rontolo:
[s]

Here we go again. A mausoleum is now a measure of development and investment. Let me school you, as I know you are still intoxicated by the N20k you collected at the end of sept from your pay masters to spew nonsense on Nairaland.

This corrupt govt of no directIon has squandered trillions of Nigeria in loans, revenue from tax receipts that’s x4 of that under all previous govt combined, not to talk of depleted contingency funds. This nepotistic leadership echelon (including military) is made up of incompetent northerners. Nigeria is on the precipice. People are being slaughtered upandan as a result of your incompetent paymasters. Most of the govts eye service is to a propaganda effects and deflection. It’s a measure of how patently stup1d your type are that you show me a mausoleum as an achievement when we all know the purpose of this is to serve a propaganda narrative. N24 trillion borrowed in 4 years and your confused mind brings up a mausoleum as evidence of development ! You need help already
[/s]

The mausoleum was a reflection of your PDP uncle's gross incompetence and Fashola's competence unless you have a good excuse per why your useless SE leaders and 16 years of PDP awarded contracts after contracts and end up abandoning the same project that competent Fashola finished in less than 2 years.

The 2nd NB is also a reflection of your PDP uncle's gross incompetence and Fashola's competence unless you have a good excuse per why your useless SE leaders and 16 years of PDP awarded contracts after contracts and end up abandoning the same 30 year old project that competent Fashola almost completed in less than 4 years.

The FG roads and highways in the SE is also a reflection that your PDP uncle's gross incompetence and Fashola's competence unless you have a good excuse per why your useless PDP looting and stealing uncles did not complete any road or highway project in the SE but Fashola is constructing many roads and highways in the SE and he keeps securing several billions to construct roads in your SE.

If you are going to challenge FASHOLA or spew your ignorant and bigoted nonsense, bring your facts, figures and pictures to counter my claim that Fashola is more competent than all the ministers in his position before him combined.

Btw, Fashola delivered more projects in Lagos state as the governor of Lagos state than all your useless kerosene, wheelbarrow and borehole governors combined a dozen times.

When you return with more ignorant rubbish, make sure you return with your facts.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by hmohammed(m): 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2020
adekolaelect:
who ask this one how taxes is been collected when you failed to explain how tax income is been managed by fedr govmt for the betterment of Nigerians individually which makes a minister to tell Nigerians not ask for responsibilities from federal government but state and they can ask for direct tax from Nigerians individually ?

You are not making sense and neither are you ready to learn. This is typical of Nigerian youths, they know nothing and yet refuse to learn and they go about spreading falsehood. I am a tax controller for one of the biggest companies in the world and talking out of experience. I am done here.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by adekolaelect(m): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2020
hmohammed:

You are not making sense and neither are you ready to learn. This is typical of Nigerian youths, they know nothing and yet refuse to learn and they go about spreading falsehood. I am a tax controller for one of the biggest companies in the world and talking out of experience. I am done here.
OK sir so if I don't agree with yours means I don't make sense ? But you forget that your senses only limited to how to collect tax .we are talking abt good governance and why minister talk as if fed gov has no responsibilities to offer citizens than to meet their states government and you are here telling me how tax is been collected which is non of my concern than to feel positively the impact of tax we are paying and why Nigerians have to pay more tax ..Tax controller which has no ideas than to think on how to extort and loot Nigerians in the name of government .

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Litmus: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
People, people, start that protest marching you always preached that you want to see take place at the National level in your states. Hold your governors accountable even for federal failings and you’ll soon see changes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Son-In-Law, Prince Godswill Edward Decamps To APC / People of Daura will not expect favour from me- Buhari / Wike Is Spending His Last Days In Office – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.