Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction (2918 Views)

Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction / The State House Press Release | SOWORE: BETWEEN FACTS AND FICTION / DSS Vs Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Builderman(m): 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2020
Doyin Okupe, a former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has made what he called 15 revelations about the Second Niger Bridge.

In a message he entitled “GEJ, Buhari & The People,” Okupe wrote:

[1] The Bridge is NOT Being Constructed by the FGN.

[2] It’s a PPP Project which the FGN contributes a tiny fraction.

[3] The 2nd Niger Bridge Will Cost about N117 billion.

[4] Started in 2013 and should have been completed in 2017, but worked stopped for 31 months. Completion date Not certain now.

[5] FGN share of the Cost is N30billion. Jonathan through the Sure-P paid N21.2billion (71%) including N7billion for the completion of preparatory work (Phase 1).

[6] 38% of the work has been done as at Jan 2015.

[7] The N140b Oshiomhole said was wasted on Admin cost on the bridge was a lie, as admin cost can not be higher than the cost of the whole project.

[8] Buhari’s Govt Paid *N2billion* NOT $2billion as Osinbajo said during the Anambra State election. They will be paying another N3.05b when the budget is approved.

[9] Work has restarted in earnest at the site and about 5%-7% has been completed bringing the total completed work to about 43% to 45% according to an engineer I spoke to.

[10] All the pictures flying all over the internet are pictures of work-in-progress made during the 1st quarter of 2015.

[11] In summary, Jonathan govt paid 71% of FGN share of the cost, while Buhari’s govt has paid 6.1%.

[12] Julius Berger, the Major Contractor and Construction company will put Toll Gate on Completion of the Bridge to recover their cost.

[13] The Construction Company is Funding the Project and the People using the Bridge will bear the cost via Toll Charges.

[14] The real People building the Bridge are Nigerians that will use the Bridge, as they will REPAY the cost to Julius Berger.

[15] For those celebrating politicians and sharing old or fake pictures of 2nd Niger Bridge, the facts are Not on your side.

http://therepublicannews.netcopiedETODIKE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by nicho450(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2020
Tell us more
Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by CodeTemplar: 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2020
Lagos Island has how many bridges again?
Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Afamed: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
A question every sane person should ask the buffalo. Why did PDP not use the same process to get the second Niger bridge going over 16yrs they were in power?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3273467332740154&id=986384794781764&sfnsn=scwspwa&extid=hH1FhHwjzk79bnpI&d=w&vh=e

That was the interview the Buffalo granted when crude oil was $110 par barrel

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Eriokanmi: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
Seems there's nothing going on, on that site as of now looking at it from the old bridge side. I passed there yesterday to ihiala from benin.
Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Elvictor: 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
this country is a joke

1 Like

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Okoroawusa: 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
38% of the bridge has been completed as at Jan 2015

Hahahaha!... Which January 2015. See Okupe from Ogun State telling me about a bridge at my backyard.

My friend shift one side!...No truthful igbo will agree with you because we are the ones that pass through there every day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Okoroawusa: 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Seems there's nothing going on, on that site as of now looking at it from the old bridge side. I passed there yesterday to ihiala from benin.
Did you get to the site?
Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Afamed: 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
You are habitual liar. The work has never stopped at the second Niger bridge for a minute.
If you are not another PDP mole , on your way from Ihiala exactly at Obosi roundabout you would have seen the projects under construction right when you passed the Obosi round about just before the electrical. Now at Oko ,the community you would have seen the project never stopped for a minute

3 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by CodeTemplar: 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
Builderman:

[12] Julius Berger, the Major Contractor and Construction company will put Toll Gate on Completion of the Bridge to recover their cost.

[13] The Construction Company is Funding the Project and the People using the Bridge will bear the cost via Toll Charges.

[14] The real People building the Bridge are Nigerians that will use the Bridge, as they will REPAY the cost to Julius Berger.
I am sure when tolling starts, people will go back to the one they complained about earlier on - The FNB.

Meanwhile govt are gradually privatizing public amenities or rather reinviting colonial masters.
Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Afamed: 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Did you get to the site?
Ignore that PDP mole

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by feedthenation(m): 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2020
The 2nd Niger Bridge have forever been under construction. It is used by political parties for vote buying. We will hear the next round of promise in 2023 from all political parties.
Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by naija4life247: 12:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:

Nothing is going in jare. Goatluck Jonaddaft has completed and commissioned the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Niger Bridges.

Have shame for once, stop begging your enemies for food, stop begging Buhari (Fulani) and Fashola (Afonja) for infrastructure. We Yorubas never begged Goatluck Jonaddaft for anything

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Eriokanmi: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2020
Afamed:

You are habitual liar. The work has never stopped at the second Niger bridge for a minute.
If you are not another PDP mole , on your way from Ihiala exactly at Obosi roundabout you would have seen the projects under construction right when you passed the Obosi round about just before the electrical. Now at Oko ,the community you would have seen the project never stopped for a minute
Do I sound like a liar to you? What would be my gain? I just told you what I saw from the old bridge when I was passing by. Except there's another portion where work is currebtly going on. Do you know the brewery side , the road leading from the foot of the bridge to the owerri road when by-passing the upper/lower iweka traffic? That's where the bus i boarded took, exactly same place where the new bridge would terminate at.

4 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Afamed: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2020
feedthenation:
The 2nd Niger Bridge have forever been under construction. It is used by political parties for vote buying. We will hear the next round of promise in 2023 from all political parties.
It's only used by PDP to swindle the SE to get their votes.
They used same in 1999, 2003,2007. Nothing on ground to show. Jonathan used same to swindle their votes in 2011, nothing to show. In 2015,same Jonathan came and used second Niger bridge to lure them again.
As we speak, the project only started when PMB came to power. It's at the 59/ 60 % completion now.
God will before 2022, PMB Okechukwu will come to east to commission the project

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by naija4life247: 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2020
Builderman:

http://therepublicannews.netcopiedETODIKE

Okay. But why didn't these Nigerians build the bridge during the 16 wasted years of PDP looting? Or are these Nigerians building the bridge now just born during Buhari's administration?

1 Like

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Eriokanmi: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2020
naija4life247:

Nothing is going in jare. Goatluck Jonaddaft has completed and commissioned the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Niger Bridges.

Have shame for once, stop begging your enemies for food, stop begging Buhari (Fulani) and Fashola (Afonja) for infrastructure. We Yorubas never begged Goatluck Jonaddaft for anything
Im not ibo, neither am I a fan of Jonathan. I talked about what I saw

3 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Afamed: 12:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Do I sound like a liar to you? What would be my gain? I just told you what I saw from the old bridge when I was passing by. Except there's another portion where work is currebtly going on. Do you know the brewery side , the road leading from the foot of the bridge to the owerri road when by-passing the upper/lower iweka traffic? That's where the bus i boarded took.
Foot of the bridge is not the site of the bridge, Oko is the site of the bridge. And Obosi roundabout before electrical is another sites of the bridge. So stop saying what you don't know

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Eriokanmi: 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
Afamed:

Foot of the bridge is not the site of the bridge, Oko is the site of the bridge. And Obosi roundabout before electrical is another sites of the bridge. So stop saying what you don't know
what I knew and what I saw was what I said. You can see Julius berger's crates and elevators at the brewery side, beneath the last road to the shore of the river Niger. Bridge. Maybe you're one of those believing in pictures. If I pass same place tomorrow I'd snap and post it here for your doubting Thomas to see. The obosi onitsha Road and that overhead bridge isn't part of the project. Its state's as learnt. I'm into agribusiness and we came to inspect some cassava farms here. We're now at mgbidi. Check the pictures below and the time i snapped it. Believe it or not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Afamed: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
what I knew and what I saw was what I said. You can see Julius berger's crates and elevators at the brewery side, beneath the last road to the shore of the river Niger. Bridge. Maybe you're one of those believing in pictures. If I pass same place tomorrow I'd snap and post it here for your doubting Thomas to see. The obosi onitsha Road and that overhead bridge isn't part of the project. Its state's as learnt
And you still believe in your own lies you this PDP apologist?
The second Niger bridge is designed to take you from Oko, that is before the headbridge in Delta State straight to Obosi roundabout about. If you are coming from Ihiala, Owerri and Abs or you are coming from Delta,Asaba and you have nothing to do at Onitsha, the new bridge will take you down to Obosi roundabout that means you have left Onitsha behind through the link bridges by same Federal Govt project at Obosi roundabout

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by XXXXTENTACION: 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2020
Afamed:
A question every sane person should ask the buffalo. Why did PDP not use the same process to get the second Niger bridge going over 16yrs they were in power?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3273467332740154&id=986384794781764&sfnsn=scwspwa&extid=hH1FhHwjzk79bnpI&d=w&vh=e

That was the interview the Buffalo granted when crude oil was $110 par barrel
Typical of A.P.C zombies they always push blames on P.D.P and the previous administrations. Rather than push blames why not think of ways to move naija forward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Afamed: 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
what I knew and what I saw was what I said. You can see Julius berger's crates and elevators at the brewery side, beneath the last road to the shore of the river Niger. Bridge. Maybe you're one of those believing in pictures. If I pass same place tomorrow I'd snap and post it here for your doubting Thomas to see. The obosi onitsha Road and that overhead bridge isn't part of the project. Its state's as learnt. I'm into agribusiness and we came to inspect some cassava farms here. We're now at mgbidi. Check the pictures below and the time i snapped it. Believe it or not
Keep quiet, the pictures have nothing to do with second Niger bridge stop confusing yourself

3 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Okoroawusa: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2020
Afamed off the mic...off the mic...I say off the mic...

You have finish talk...
Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by PIMPAR: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Why do people like you comment on issues you don't have information about it. The second Niger bridge starts from Obosi roundabout with the newly constructed flyovers and link road under construction by Julius Berger. Like the person said, from Ihiala , Owerri or Nnewi, if you are going to Delta, you will not need to pass through Onitsha again, you just pass through Obosi link roads and move down to second Niger bridge which connects you to Delta State.
Stop saying rubbish again, if you have no information regards the projects

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Eriokanmi: 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
Afamed:

And you still believe in your own lies you this PDP apologist?
The second Niger bridge is designed to take you from Oko, that is before the headbridge in Delta State straight to Obosi roundabout about. If you are coming from Ihiala, Owerri and Abs or you are coming from Delta,Asaba and you have nothing to do at Onitsha, the new bridge will take you down to Obosi roundabout that means you have left Onitsha behind through the link bridges by same Federal Govt project at Obosi roundabout
stop being emotional. I think I know this place more than you do. What I'm seeing here isn't what you're seeing. I never said there was no sign of construction there. But as at the time i was passing by, there was nothing happening, why..i don't know. I'm on the road right now. See the picture taken below and time, you doubting thomas and because of this, i'd snap the obosi-onitsha Road construction site when we get there tomorrow, including the view of the 2nd niger bridge from the old bridge afar and if by luck the commercial vehicle passes same road we took when coming, i'd still snap it for you to see for your free view. Fyi, I'm not for pdp, neither am I for the apc but for good governance. You can call me any name you like for all I care. Its a free world.

3 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Eriokanmi: 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
PIMPAR:

Why do people like you comment on issues you don't have information about it. The second Niger bridge starts from Obosi roundabout with the newly constructed flyovers and link road under construction by Julius Berger. Like the person said, from Ihiala , Owerri or Nnewi, if you are going to Delta, you will not need to pass through Onitsha again, you just pass through Obosi link roads and move down to second Niger bridge which connects you to Delta State.
Stop saying rubbish again, if you have no information regards the projects
lol. Here's one of them. Continue

3 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Eriokanmi: 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
Afamed:

Keep quiet, the pictures have nothing to do with second Niger bridge stop confusing yourself
you'd get the pictures tomorrow I promise you, enough of it. Thats if you'd still believe. I just proved to you where I was as at the time i snapped that picture

1 Like

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Afamed: 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
stop being emotional. I think I know this place more than you do. What I'm seeing here isn't what you're seeing. I never said there was no sign of construction there. But as at the time i was passing by, there was nothing happening, why..i don't know. I'm on the road right now. See the picture taken below and time, you doubting thomas and because of this, i'd snap the obosi-onitsha Road construction site when we get there tomorrow, including the view of the 2nd niger bridge from the old bridge afar and if by luck the commercial vehicle passes same road we took when coming, i'd still snap it for you to see for your free view. Fyi, I'm not for pdp, neither am I for the apc but for good governance. You can call me any name you like for all I care. Its a free world.
You are a serial liar. If you truly know the projects, you will not be saying the rubbish you have said earlier. This is how PDP mole like una go around to mislead the public. First ,you claimed the Obosi roundabout/ flyovers and Link roads are not been constructed by same FG. Second you claimed JB site was at the foot of the bridge. All these, only show you are serial liar with bad memory

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Afamed: 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
you'd get the pictures tomorrow I promise you, enough of it. Thats if you'd still believe. I just proved to you where I was as at the time i snapped that picture
The pictures of where exactly?

1 Like

Re: The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction by Eriokanmi: 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
Afamed:

You are a serial liar. If you truly know the projects, you will not be saying the rubbish you have said earlier. This is how PDP mole like una go around to mislead the public. First ,you claimed the Obosi roundabout/ flyovers and Link roads are not been constructed by same FG. Second you claimed JB site was at the foot of the bridge. All these, only show you are serial liar with bad memory
Stop beating about the bush my friend. The obosi bridge, coming from okija or ihiala was also contracted to JB by anambra state govt. Google is your friend. The one by the fed govt also takes a portion of the obosi town, which is different from this one I was talking about. 2nd Niger bridge extension hasn't got to obosi yet

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Tinubu Sponsored the Massacre of Northerners in Lagos -Popular Sheikh Jaafar / Video of the fake bishops dressing up for the event / 58 Christians Killed In Maiduguri On Saturday. No Muslim Was Touched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.