Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,960 members, 7,873,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS (32314 Views)

Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers / Malami Asks Makinde To Dissolve LG Caretaker Chairmen / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by abysirius(m): 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
Mr. Ologbondoriejamu, we all know the problem so please stop telling us what we know. What is the solution you recommend?

GreaterFuture:
Attack a problem from the roots. SARS is not the only one that does this, all security and Force Agencies do it, even Customs at the Border.
Should we then Scrap the Army, Mopol, VIO, FRSC and Co. Too?
Pls let's attack the problem as whole itself

Foreign Used Dump Trucks/Tippers available For Sale. Very Neat, Low Mileage 30Tonnes Tippers at ₦18M per Truck.
Also 20 tonne MACK Tippers Foreign Used (₦9M/Tipper).
Several Units Available. Call/SMS Or WhatsApp - 0807.105.6795.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by donbrowser(m): 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
kingthreat:
The SARS problem has been there since decades in Nigeria. Then there was no SARS, the problem was simply the Nigerian Police.
Lets face it, there are a lot of criminal elements in the Nigerian police and these idle minds use the opportunity to harass and rob and kill innocent citizens.
Banning SARS will encourage robbers and kidnappers to have a field day. What is best that can happen is a complete re-orientation of the police force and a watch dog within the police system that deals ruthlessly with erring officers.

People shouting End SARS don't know what they are yearning for. You need to see when these people are chasing robbers and hunting down kidnappers. Those videos don't get posted.

SARS should be banned from road checks and reformed to carry out anti robbery and kidnapping cases ONLY.

3 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
ofiko123:
If they dissolve SARS, many of the officials will lose their jobs and they will in turn constitute a nuisance to the society..

And then the police will handle them

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by kingthreat(m): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2020
donbrowser:

People shouting End SARS don't know what they are yearning for. You need to see when these people are chasing robbers and hunting down kidnappers. Those videos don't get posted.

SARS should be banned from road checks and reformed to carry out anti robbery and kidnapping cases ONLY.

Exactly, I saw one low-brained girl posting a video of SARS killing robbers and was insulting the government. If the robbers succeeded, they will be swift to type RIP

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Voiceofthestree: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2020
Coronavirus84:
Reform SARS and not dissolution. Yahoo boys are just hiding under #Endsars for their personal evil act
how I wish your brother is Kolade Johnson or Kaka then you will understand Bother odeeee

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by donbrowser(m): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2020
Mutini:
Surprisingly, from 2016 till date not one case of #Sars killings have been reported in the north. Why is it only in the south south and south west region.

Honestly, until you have an experience with this people you won't realize that all Nigerian youths are threatened not just the internet fraudsters.

It's a sin to look good in this country this days. This complaints are legit.

I pray in the end something good comes out.

If robbery and kidnapping increase in that region, they will be deployed there.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
Coronavirus84:
Reform SARS and not dissolution. Yahoo boys are just hiding under #Endsars for their personal evil act

Internet fraud is the work of EFCC and ICPC and it was never the work for SARS. Their job is to fight ARMED ROBBERS, period.

3 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by abysirius(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
It appears you do not know the difference between the Federal House of Assembly and the State... Do state House of assemblies have the power to proscribe SARS? No!!But Federal House do and that is why Alabi is taking it up, so please let Desmond be. Thanks.
helinues:
Akin Alabi, Quilox are just some of the no tomorrow young people in Nigeria.

Don't even let talk about the Desmond Ediot

Where have they been that Alabi is talking now

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by KingRoiz(m): 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2020
AnonPoet:

https://peoplesgazette.com/just-in-akin-alabi-files-house-motion-to-dissolve-sars/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Frankly, I don't believe dissolution of SARS alone is enough. I have seen much brutality met on us -Nigerians by the Police Force in general.

So there should rather be enforcement of equally brutal and financial consequences for their stupidities.
Charge them to court immediately, Jail them, for Any sort of accidental discharges- which they love to claim, sentence the bastard to death.

That will solve the problem. It's not rocket science.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Hedonisco: 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
Well moved. Very powerful motion.
Thumbs up Akin.
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by rontolo(m): 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
Problem, yet again, is failure of leadership.

Impunity goes unpunished. Where there is punishment, it is too slow, too far between, too light. This provide grossly insufficient deterrence

Senior leadership have gone too sleep at the wheel, steeped in their own cesspit of corruption to give a damn (In Oshomole’s voice)
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Harmony92(f): 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
leksdigital:
It's sad , its pathetic, it is not about whether you dress wrong or commit a crime. I was once apprehended, I showed them what I do, I showed them my website, my IG page, they searched my phones they didn't see anything, yet they took me to their station and asked me to pay. I was delayed for over 5 hours. They stole my laptop and we spent the next 2 hours looking for my laptop. One of them even told me If I do no coorperate they will join me with the criminals they caught. I had to cry for help on whatsapp and someone reached out to the commisioner of police who reached out to the DPO of the station. Immediately the commisioner called my laptop came out and I was allowed to go. Its a shame, we all need to stand up against this

Nigeria is really though for the Nigerian youth its sad. Imagine doing a legit job and still being paraded and jailed for a criminal offence.
Thank God for ur life o.
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Jabioro: 4:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
SARS does not need house order to be scrap or dissolve..when it was established by the commissioner of police Abubakar Tiv..did he get any bill to support it..there is no bill that gave them power..All we needed is an executive order..but executive are looking somewhere else..

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Hedonisco: 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
kingthreat:
The SARS problem has been there since decades in Nigeria. Then there was no SARS, the problem was simply the Nigerian Police.
Lets face it, there are a lot of criminal elements in the Nigerian police and these idle minds use the opportunity to harass and rob and kill innocent citizens.
Banning SARS will encourage robbers and kidnappers to have a field day. What is best that can happen is a complete re-orientation of the police force and a watch dog within the police system that deals ruthlessly with erring officers.

The conventional police and mobile police are more than sufficient to tackle armed robbers and kidnappers. How many armed robbery and kidnapping gangs have the SARS tackled lately?

Some of you know nothing about the reality on ground. These SARS fools are not interested in fighting armed robbers or kidnappers. They are all interested in bullying and extorting random people anywhere. Don't get that twisted.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by ejanla077: 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
Adaorababy:
Although, the dreaded SARS have caused more harm than good, rather than proscribe them completely, can't sanctions be applied to erring officers? Fact is, the southern parts of Nigeria which includes south south, south west and south east are characterized by a lot of nefarious activities which includes armed robbery, kidnappings, rituals, yahoo yahoo and so forth. Due to the present situation of the country, and social class competitions that we are awashed with on social media, most youths in the south have resorted to crime.
A lot of people will argue that SARS have killed and extorted more innocent people than the actual culprits of these crimes but I strongly feel some of them are responsible for these harassments.
A lot of youths who are not into any illegality dress irresponsibly, this alone is a red flag for any SARS official while some persons are just so eager to flaunt their wealths either on social media or in real life.
Now, if they're proscribed l, won't it be a field day for crime agents?
I don't even know what I'm saying self.

Shut up.
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by bptc10: 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
My friend kindly keep short if you don't know what to write, for someone to search your phone which is your privacy and found something on it without even know what the content is made for and label you a criminal is nonsense, do you know that we are in internet age whereby every business now is done online, for someone to see a document in your phone without knowing what it meant for and label you a scammer just to steal you is unacceptable, you used the crime in the sw / se / ss as an excuse, what crime is happening in the south to compare the bad name the northerners have given to Nigeria?, or can you compare crime in the South to the crime in USA?, you must be eating through your anus
Adaorababy:
Although, the dreaded SARS have caused more harm than good, rather than proscribe them completely, can't sanctions be applied to erring officers? Fact is, the southern parts of Nigeria which includes south south, south west and south east are characterized by a lot of nefarious activities which includes armed robbery, kidnappings, rituals, yahoo yahoo and so forth. Due to the present situation of the country, and social class competitions that we are awashed with on social media, most youths in the south have resorted to crime.
A lot of people will argue that SARS have killed and extorted more innocent people than the actual culprits of these crimes but I strongly feel some of them are responsible for these harassments.
A lot of youths who are not into any illegality dress irresponsibly, this alone is a red flag for any SARS official while some persons are just so eager to flaunt their wealths either on social media or in real life.

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by ejanla077: 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
bptc10:
My friend kindly keep short if you don't know what to write, for someone to search your phone which is your privacy and found something on it without even know what the content is made for and label you a criminal is nonsense, do you know that we are in internet age whereby every business now is done online, for someone to see a document in your phone without knowing what it meant for and label you a scammer just to steal you is unacceptable, you used the crime in the sw / se / ss as an excuse, what crime is happening in the south to compare the bad name the northerners have given to Nigeria?, or can you compare crime in the South to the crime in USA?, you must be eating through your anus

Dat one no get one single sense.

3 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Erojepromise(f): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2020
Adaorababy:
it's good you know that you don't what you are saying . truth of the matter is that they are not doing their job because if they are truly going after kidnappers,armed robber and other criminals;they won't apprehend a decently dressed person and arrest such person for nothing all in the name of you are a Yahoo boy is it written on ones head? cybercrime can only be solved digitally and not the other way round

3 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by tnerro1(m): 4:31pm On Oct 05, 2020
boolee:
True. There are Excesses from FSARS that need to be checked and tamed as soon as possible.

But only a criminal minded person will call for the End of FSARS.

You can as well go and clamor for the End of Nigeria Police Force. If that will help achieve your evil goals faster.

Just Last week, A Nigeria court stopped the IGP from recruiting 10000 constables into the NPF.

The supposedly youths said nothing about it.

Yet we cry everyday No Job in the country.

We are our own problem. And only WE can solve the problems.

Until then,

Let's us return back to twitter

To continue

#EndSARS
#EndNigeriaPolice
#EndNigeriaArmy
#EndNigeriaCustoms

What else should we End on Twitter?

Bros get your facts right, the court did not stop the IGP from recruiting, the court said the IGP was not the legal entity to conduct the recruitment, it was the police service commission. Why are people in a hurry to do illegal things eg IGP

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Hedonisco: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
Coronavirus84:
What is the full meaning of SARS and how does it relate to yahoo boys? Think about it deeply so that you will recognise the bottomless depth of your stupidity.

Some of you are just annoying with the buffoonery you display.

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by GodNoGoShameUs(m): 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
Adaorababy:

thank God you said it yourself that you don't know what you are saying. if I may ask you, what would you classify as dressing irresponsibly? also, does the act enabling these Dreaded cult group in the name of SARS describe or state how a citizen is supposed to dress in order not to be harassed?

you just have to say the truth for what it is. nobody is saying SARS should not do their job, the point is for them to do it according to the laws governing them. is it lawful to check someone's phone without consent! is it lawful to arrest someone walking on the road even when such has not committed any crime or found to have committed any crime?, is it lawful to instead of take a culprit to the station and charge him to court, to demand that he settles you with money so you can let him go? is it lawful to threaten to shoot a citizen just because he refuses to bribe you? is it lawful to threaten to shoot a citizen just because he refuses to unlock his phone which is his privacy? is it lawful to shoot a citizen for dressing nicely and driving a decent car? answer these questions and be truthful to yourself.

The moment they begin to do their jobs within the ambit of the law, nobody will bat an eye when a criminal is being arrested and taken to the station or being charged to Court. what we are fighting for is for them to do their work as prescribed by law and not by their own selfish gains.

3 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by emiika: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
boolee:
True. There are Excesses from FSARS that need to be checked and tamed as soon as possible.

But only a criminal minded person will call for the End of FSARS.

You can as well go and clamor for the End of Nigeria Police Force. If that will help achieve your evil goals faster.

Just Last week, A Nigeria court stopped the IGP from recruiting 10000 constables into the NPF.

The supposedly youths said nothing about it.

Yet we cry everyday No Job in the country.

We are our own problem. And only WE can solve the problems.

Until then,

Let's us return back to twitter

To continue

#EndSARS
#EndNigeriaPolice
#EndNigeriaArmy
#EndNigeriaCustoms

What else should we End on Twitter?

Your Life, f**l

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Sleekmilan01(m): 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
Adaorababy:

This is just total rubbish...even without dressing awkwardly,once u are young and well to do,you are label a fraudster

Is that how its gonna be??

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
seeker121:
Don,t end sars just legalise gun and let us see who wins between the masses and SARS.I believe those miscreants will go lowkey now and resume after everything went down in the next two months.All we want is legalisation of arms and the federal government should sit back and watch as he dey go.

You're right, legalize gun make we know as he go be for them,them go run leave their life self.

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Comradnonso: 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Adaorababy:

what is the function of
fsars ,,,,, yahoo ,,cybrer crime ,,internet scamming you mention are out of their mandate ,,,, and you, dont have the data to tag southern nigeria as the home for the crimes you mention
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by sylve11: 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nice one Hon. Akin Alabi. May you succeed in what you do that is good....... cool
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by madridsta007(m): 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by israelkings10: 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
Lil Frosh, DMW act, called out for alleged assault on girlfriend

READ MORE>>> https://www.thekingprudence.com/2020/10/lil-frosh-dmw-act-called-out-for.html
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Taye4j: 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
Coronavirus84:

Pls, when has it become the sole responsibility of SARS to arrest Yahoo boys? What is the duty of EFCC and ICPC.

Nobody is against Yahoo boy's being arrested, it should be done with utmost professionalism and from the right body saddled with such responsibility.

Come to think of it, arresting Yahoo boys can only be done with tech savvy agencies and not the regular police or SARS who can't even operate an iPhone or Android effectively.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by AbdulRazakk(m): 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nice move Hon Akin Alabi.... I second it too from here.... #Endsarsbrutality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

POS Africa: Governor Nyesom Wike's Plenty Titles (photos) / Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC / Again, Senate Passes Vote Of Confidence On Saraki. Leadership.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.