Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,799 members, 7,886,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:21 PM

What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? (1427 Views)

Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan / t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2011
As the thread topic says.

My choice of high-performance family sedan would be the Audi RS6 C6.

As with all high-performance Audi's, it comes with the legendary quattro drive, and with the power output from the 5,0L V10 Biturbo, it'll need all the grip it can get. With 571 BHP and 480 ft-lbf of torque, it's pretty damn quick. Faster than a lot of 2-seater super cars, but with the added practicality of seating 5 large passengers, and a massive trunk.

It looks good too, with it's flared front and rear arches, setting it apart from lesser C6 models, namely A6 and S6. It needs those bulging arches too, to accommodate the massive wheels: UK-spec cars come with 9,5" x 20" alloy wheels, shod in 275/35 ZR20 102Y XL (extra load) tyres.

Limited to 153 mph (250 km/h), though restricted, they'll blast on to a maximum of 170 mph (274 km/h), this is a seriously quick car. The 0-62 mph (100 km/h) dash takes 4.5 seconds, pretty respectable for a large family sedan that tips the scales at just over 2 tonnes (2,025 kgs). My only gripe is the auto-only option, which I don't like, I prefer to stir my own cogs. But, given the level of performance and useful space, I can live with it.

Below are images of the 2010 Audi RS6, with an Avant (wagon) thrown in for comparison:

Re: What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by Fhemmmy: 11:44pm On Mar 03, 2011
Chief . . . I wonder why your name goes by Sienna, should be been Audi . . . . .I remain loyal, i will have to take time and think about what Sedan i would settle for with my family, cos i really love a lot of them and that is why i change my rides more often
Re: What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 03, 2011
Bro, I can't change my car as often as I'd like to, but still, some dreams do come true! wink
Re: What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by Fhemmmy: 11:59pm On Mar 03, 2011
I am sure you could, you just have other things that are more important.
To be honest, it will be hard for me to pick just one sedan that i would to get for my family, however, i love the 7 series, starting from 2005 model to date.
There are few Benz of the S class that i wont mind at all
So for sure, i am not sure, if i can chose just one.
Re: What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by lionbiz: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2011
No problem Sir, but please edit your reply on my post siena. Thanks
Re: What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by Emperoh(m): 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2011
Sienna,

This Audi is making me change my mind. make no mistakes, i am an audi fan and a big one at that.
But the sheer personality of the Porshe Panamera is mind blowing.

Talk of Performance and the S Class do be ashamed, luxury and BMW will be whimpering.
Safety and Volvo do be ashamed.

Its just pure class on its OWN!!!
Re: What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by pannyman(m): 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2011
What's the fuel consumption like? Looks like a guzzler.
Re: What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by Fhemmmy: 1:54pm On Mar 04, 2011
pannyman:

The thread is not about guzzling, it is about performance . . . . so what is your choice
Re: What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2011
pannyman:

We're talking performance here, not fuel economy. Performance without compromise.

If fuel economy was the main issue, we'd all be driving cars with 1,0L 3 cylinder engines.
wink
Re: What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by pannyman(m): 2:31pm On Mar 04, 2011
Okay. I don hear.
Re: What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by lungwun(m): 4:19pm On Mar 04, 2011
Since we are on the topic of high performance family sedans,
I would have to go with the Porsche Panamera Turbo.
But in the real world, @ 306 Bhp and 416 Bhp respectively, the Lexus IS350 and IS-F have all the Horsepower i could ever need.
Re: What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2011
^^^ Nice choices bro, though out of the 3 cars you've mentioned, I'd be inclined to go with the Porsche with the AWD option, putting it firmly ahead of the Japanese offerings. The AWD set-up in the Lexus IS-350 / IS-F is not as responsive as that used in the Porsche.

All nice cars though.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Volvo S40 2004. Dsi Fuse Got Damanged / Audi/VW Computer Software / Top Gear Season 22 Episode 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.