Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,871 members, 7,969,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:32 AM

Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions (9310 Views)

Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia / Vedaxcool Please Answer:Who Is The Sunni 'Imam Of The Time'? / Is It Safe To Call Yoruba Muslims Shite Muslim While Hausa Muslims The Sunni Mus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Lagosboy,maybe you've not really heard,its only very few sunnis that are protesting,and the few sunni protesting are those against corruption and injustice regardless of their sect,90% of protestants are shia not sunni,even from amongs the few Sunnis protesting,most of them have opt from the revolution but since Shias are the majority,they have to carry on protesting for their demands to be met.
I also disagree with you saying we muslims blame every problem on religion,be it political,economic,social,etc,now tell me as a sincere muslim,even if a country dominated by majority of muslims are not practicing SHARIA in essence,that still does not mean the muslims there should not live according to the ways prescribed for them,rather than living a total different lifestlye,and is the economy,political problems/undertone you mentioned could sometimes be the cause not in the Religion to be solved by it?
@Nasrallah,Ahmadenijad are both Shia and reformers as well,even if they try to unite with the sunni,there will always differences since we all share different opinions and beliefs.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Lagosboy,But do you think history should be forgotten regardless of how it was?
If you watch peacetv well and Islam channel you would know how Sunnis hold history.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Lagosboy: 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2011
uplawal:

@Lagosboy,But do you think history should be forgotten regardless of how it was?
If you watch peacetv well and Islam channel you would know how Sunnis hold history.

In life wehave to learn from history and move on, we do not have to dwell on history. The Eu is advancing today because they learnt to manage their differences and not dwell on them. Diversity and plurality of minds, beliefs and people are part of Allahs plan on earth otherwise we would all be one, speak one language, one culture etc.

Arguing which is right sunni or shia is not my thing and i would try never to dwell on it. As long as we agree on the 5 pillars of islam , read the same quran i would move on.

Difference will awlays be there but the genuinity of leaders is how to manage the difference and exraxct the best from it and not how to dwell on the differenc and split us further.

Islam is a way of life and muslims have to learn to treat social issues as social issues. Arguing every point from the shias are this the sunnis are that only further divides us. Learn to separate the actions of rulerss from their people as most of the arab govts are not representing the people.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by ifyalways(f): 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2011
Lagosboy:

In life wehave to learn from history and move on, we do not have to dwell on history. The Eu is advancing today because they learnt to manage their differences and not dwell on them. Diversity and plurality of minds, beliefs and people are part of Allahs plan on earth otherwise we would all be one, speak one language, one culture etc.

Arguing which is right sunni or shia is not my thing and i would try never to dwell on it. As long as we agree on the 5 pillars of islam , read the same quran i would move on.

Difference will awlays be there but the genuinity of leaders is how to manage the difference and exraxct the best from it and not how to dwell on the differenc and split us further.

Islam is a way of life and muslims have to learn to treat social issues as social issues. Arguing every point from the shias are this the sunnis are that only further divides us. Learn to separate the actions of rulerss from their people as most of the arab govts are not representing the people.
Preach it on.
Jazaakallahu khairan.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2011
LB,more info on the 'peaceful protesters'.

We say NO to sectarianism , no Sunni ,no Shia . . .only Bahraini !

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-XSKCqsU4g?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Lagosboy,theres no way they can separate their actions from people,Islam is not like christianity where you can't express yourself in times of oppression,since the people live by the Quran,and Quran verses gives them the right guidance to change any situation at hand,they will want to abide by it,like everyother muslim,and reform will take place,inessence Quran makes it right for people to check and balance to create a favourable condusive environment for people.So would you now blame Allah for free people from oppression?
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2011
some people should wise up na
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2011
Dear LB,more on the 'peaceful protesters' .

Please take your time to watch it to the end. you can fast forward to 1.55 min.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91u_PIFEIyw?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by lammie01: 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2011
cry
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Lagosboy: 9:49pm On Mar 17, 2011
But how do they tell sunni apart from shi at the university.

This is very shameful
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Lagosboy: 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2011
This is exactly what i am saying and said to Lagosshia from the begining. We can clearly see it has turned to sunni vs shia , citizens vs citizens while the royal consolidate their hold on power.

I dont understand the kind of religious leaders we ave some time, myopic leaders that cannot seea wider picture. If they do not have any role model can they not learn from Nasrallah in Lebanon who plays wonderful politics amidst 4 different religions and various sects.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2011
Lagosboy:

But how do they tell sunni apart from shi at the university.

This is very shameful
Same way we can differentiate between Igbo & Yoruba eventhough to non-nigerians we're all black- THE FAMILY NAME !

If you're on twitter ,you can follow the events with the #bahrain tag.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Lagosboy: 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2011
hymen:

Same way we can differentiate between Igbo & Yoruba eventhough to non-nigerians we're all black- THE FAMILY NAME !

If you're on twitter ,you can follow the events with the #bahrain tag.

I am .com illeterate i have never used twitter lols

But i am just wondering because they are both arabs , it is really difficult to tell IMO.

I hope you are safe though and you are in a safe location
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 10:44pm On Mar 17, 2011
Lagosboy:

I am .com illeterate i have never used twitter lols

But i am just wondering because they are both arabs , it is really difficult to tell IMO.

I hope you are safe though and you are in a safe location
I'm okay . .lying low. . its just that all plans disrupted by these 'peaceful protesters' angry
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 11:25pm On Mar 17, 2011
just one more video i promise.

Some people here are insinuating that the video above was faked and it was a dummy on the floor not a real policeman.

Please see below the dead policeman when his body was finally recovered (VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED,NOT A PLEASANT VIEW)

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeV6ztWVtGA?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]

NO SHIA ,NO SUNNI ONLY BAHRAINI,PLEASE !
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by LagosShia: 4:18am On Mar 19, 2011
@Hymen,

you're sympathizing with the indians and pakistanis in bahrain in one of your posts and because they were attacked by protesters as you claimed,you want to tag the protesters as "extremists".

for your information,it is very legitimate for the bahraini shia to attack the indians and pakistanis in bahrain as it is legitimate for palestinian sunnis to attack jewish settlers.no difference at all!!!

both the jewish settlers in palestine and the indian and pakistani sunnis in bahrain have the same objective:to steal the land from its owners.

these indians and pakistanis have being given bahraini citizenship simply because they are sunni and for no other reason.the government wants to alter the demographic balance of bahrain to ensure that the shia who are indigenous to bahrain no longer form a majority.

the same indians and pakistanis you're sympathizing with,were openly demonstrating in favor of the opressive monarchy.if you agree that the protests against the monarchy is legitimate then why sympathize with those foreigners who wanted to quell the protests by all means possible?

and believe me,Iran has not interfered in bahrain as you hinted of the suspicion.

as for my opinion,i believe it is time for the bahraini shia who form a majority and whose rights are stripped away because of their identity,to get arms.there is no other way for them.mushaima represent the bahraini shia as does hamas represent the sunni palestinians.simply because the powers in place do not like a party or an individual doesnt mean that side is "extremist" as you're painting it.

as to correct you one more time,lebanon is not a democracy.it has a confessional system structured like a democracy.which democracy in the world has it that the president of the country MUST be a maronite christian,the speaker of parliament MUST be shia muslim and the Prime Minister MUST be a sunni?its only found in lebanon.and bahrain has been edging towards that kind of structure where the majority shia are not represented in parliament proportionally to their number out of 40 MPs in parliament only 18 are shia and the shia make up over 70% of the total population).in lebanon too,50% of parliament is from the christian sects while the remaining 50% is from the muslim sects.that is not democracy with such restrictions which gives every group its own quota.whats the use of elections then,when results are almost concluded from the start?

i will contain myself with the above reply since much was said during the period ive being inactive.

as for lagosboy,yes it is good to bridge the gap.but it is always best to speak the truth and fight for justice even if that means separation.islam and muslims who are sincere cannot stand on foundations of injustice and oppression and then you want us to pretend all is well and life goes on?
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2011
LagosShia:

@Hymen,

you're sympathizing with the indians and pakistanis in bahrain in one of your posts and because they were attacked by protesters as you claimed,you want to tag the protesters as "extremists".

for your information,it is very legitimate for the bahraini shia to attack the indians and pakistanis in bahrain as it is legitimate for palestinian sunnis to attack jewish settlers.no difference at all!!!

both the jewish settlers in palestine and the indian and pakistani sunnis in bahrain have the same objective:to steal the land from its owners.

these indians and pakistanis have being given bahraini citizenship simply because they are sunni and for no other reason.the government wants to alter the demographic balance of bahrain to ensure that the shia who are indigenous to bahrain no longer form a majority.

the same indians and pakistanis you're sympathizing with,were openly demonstrating in favor of the opressive monarchy.if you agree that the protests against the monarchy is legitimate then why sympathize with those foreigners who wanted to quell the protests by all means possible?

and believe me,Iran has not interfered in bahrain as you hinted of the suspicion.

as for my opinion,i believe it is time for the bahraini shia who form a majority and whose rights are stripped away because of their identity,to get arms.there is no other way for them.mushaima represent the bahraini shia as does hamas represent the sunni palestinians.simply because the powers in place do not like a party or an individual doesnt mean that side is "extremist" as you're painting it.

as to correct you one more time,lebanon is not a democracy.it has a confessional system structured like a democracy.which democracy in the world has it that the president of the country MUST be a maronite christian,the speaker of parliament MUST be shia muslim and the Prime Minister MUST be a sunni?its only found in lebanon.and bahrain has been edging towards that kind of structure where the majority shia are not represented in parliament proportionally to their number out of 40 MPs in parliament only 18 are shia and the shia make up over 70% of the total population).in lebanon too,50% of parliament is from the christian sects while the remaining 50% is from the muslim sects.that is not democracy with such restrictions which gives every group its own quota.whats the use of elections then,when results are almost concluded from the start?

i will contain myself with the above reply since much was said during the period ive being inactive.

as for lagosboy,yes it is good to bridge the gap.but it is always best to speak the truth and fight for justice even if that means separation.islam and muslims who are sincere cannot stand on foundations of injustice and oppression and then you want us to pretend all is well and life goes on?
This is your posy which I think the SPAMBOT swallowed up. i will dissect it in detail.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by LagosShia: 8:39pm On Mar 19, 2011
@Hymen,

Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^^ Don't  waste your time.

I wonder why some people like blood like this?

PLEASE NOTE - [size=14pt]This is a public forum,you shouldn't paste such pictures DIRECTLY,provide a weblink & warn people before hand.[/size] Posting such horrific pictures won't do anybody any good. I noticed you posted something earlier under your 'LagosShia' alias ,but you were probably hit with SPAMBOT. I await the arguments you have posited.

Meanwhile ,please have a look at this site before posting any subsequent horrors. http://www.peacebahrain.com/category/media-lies/

On a final note,kindly note that I ,like most people in Bahrain are in FULL SUPPORT of our Shia brothers & sisters. I have lived here for over 20 years & majority of my friends & neighbours are Shia. (This is one of the reasons you'll find me on most Shia threads)
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Sweetnecta: 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2011
whether it is a shia, sunni or other[s], who so ever indulge in injustice or making a life without what Allah The Almighty indicates to be possible reason for taking any life, such an action will receive Justice from The Just God.

while we are all fighting on religious label os sect itself, we often forget the undying Message, the messenger and even Allah in our rage to be temporarily victorious, forgetting the real Victory that is with Allah.

may Allah open our hearts on His Guidance. Amin.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 1:08am On Mar 20, 2011
LagosShia:

@Hymen,

I am shocked that a religious adherent will say it is write to kill & maim people in the name of politics ??

So where are your religious tenets? Will God be proud of you as a worshipper of God that you support the killing of innocents?

So you support the people of Jos killing Fulanis for ‘stealing their land’?? Nonsense !

Because Nigerians scam people on ‘419’ all Nigerians should be targeted or because some muslims blow up themselves for Allah, all muslims should be profiled as terrorists?

There are almost 400,000 Indians & Pakistanis in Bahrain, probably less than 1% work for the security forces and even far less are ‘nationalised’ , so what’s your problem?

Your arguments do not hold water. If people have problems with their govt, there are legitimate ways of going about it without killing expatriates. What then is the difference between your religion and idol worship with ‘oro’ and ‘ebo’ (sacrifice) ?
People always look for someone to blame for their problems-if its not USA, its Saudi or Sunni or Iran ,now its Pakistanis/Indians. When will people learn to confront their problems head-on??

LagosShia:

On the Lebanese system, if their constitution supports dividing the political positions between faiths for stability ,who are you to say it is wrong??
Afterall the Iranian constitution vests enormous political power in a religious leader whose primary calling should be to pray regularly to God + studying and meditating on religious texts? If that makes sense to you , you have no right to disparage another country’s constitution. Different countries have different systems.

It is clear to all that religion & politics form a very dangerous mix. LEAVE RELIGION OUT OF POLITICS !
The religious leader purports to to get his legitimacy from God,while the political leader is supposed to get his legitimacy from the people,the moment one person tries to combine the 2 like the theocracies in Iran & Hezbollah,you can only have unmitigated disaster.

Hezbollah rejects Saudi intervention in Bahrain , but supports Syrian invasion of Lebanon. Hypocrisy is a human trait & has no religious face.

The solution to the Bahraini problem is political & should not be viewed strictly from a sectarian lense , otherwise the problems will never end. For example we have(until recently) more blacks in the USA than Hispanics, but you have had many more Hispanic senators, it’s all about delineation of districts/constituencies. Is it currently done correctly in Bahrain? What will be the status of women ,minorities and governorates? Do we need an upper House (Shura council)? These are political questions which no religion can answer , but genuine discussions between political leaders?

I don’t think Iran is the best to teach anyone how to handle protesters BTW.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by LagosShia: 10:04am On Mar 20, 2011
hymen:

^^^ Don't waste your time.

I wonder why some people like blood like this?

PLEASE NOTE - [size=14pt]This is a public forum,you shouldn't paste such pictures DIRECTLY,provide a weblink & warn people before hand.[/size] Posting such horrific pictures won't do anybody any good. I noticed you posted something earlier under your 'LagosShia' alias ,but you were probably hit with SPAMBOT. I await the arguments you have posited.

Meanwhile ,please have a look at this site before posting any subsequent horrors. http://www.peacebahrain.com/category/media-lies/

On a final note,kindly note that I ,like most people in Bahrain are in FULL SUPPORT of our Shia brothers & sisters. I have lived here for over 20 years & majority of my friends & neighbours are Shia. (This is one of the reasons you'll find me on most Shia threads)

i deliberately posted that image for all to see because you have being spreading lies against innocent bahraini protesters asking for their rights.you have even gone as far as describing them and their leader "Mushaima" as "extremists".that is very unfair of you.

there is no "truth" you can show me from the weblink you posted above.the protesters started by peaceful protesting in the pearl roundabout in the thousands.it was the government forces that attacked and killed them every time.the people also have a right to defend themselves and rebel.if you're truly in bahrain and witnesses what happened you would not be spreading such propaganda here.or is it just biase? i for one have always advised my bahraini brothers that if they want to overthrow the monarchy and have a democracy,they cannot do that with peaceful protests.they need to take up arms to fight for their rights.there is a government in place who sees the shia asking for their rights as undeserving.they view the shia as not worthy of their human and citizen rights.many if not most of those security forces are not bahrainis but foreigners from majority sunni countries like india and pakistan who were naturalized and now stand pointing their guns against the bahraini shia.what is happening in bahrain is the peak of injustice and human rights abuse.you dont blame these innocent people if they take up guns to fight against those spraying them with bullets.dont blame them for that.

i replied to you earlier but my posts disappeared.you can go to my profile,check my posts and see the replies.then you can copy and answer to them.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Karbala: 10:07am On Mar 20, 2011
@hymen,

i deliberately posted that image for all to see because you have being spreading lies against innocent bahraini protesters asking for their rights.you have even gone as far as describing them and their leader "Mushaima" as "extremists".that is very unfair of you.

there is no "truth" you can show me from the weblink you posted above.the protesters started by peaceful protesting in the pearl roundabout in the thousands.it was the government forces that attacked and killed them every time.the people also have a right to defend themselves and rebel.if you're truly in bahrain and witnesses what happened you would not be spreading such propaganda here.or is it just biase? i for one have always advised my bahraini brothers that if they want to overthrow the monarchy and have a democracy,they cannot do that with peaceful protests.they need to take up arms to fight for their rights.there is a government in place who sees the shia asking for their rights as undeserving.they view the shia as not worthy of their human and citizen rights.many if not most of those security forces are not bahrainis but foreigners from majority sunni countries like india and pakistan who were naturalized and now stand pointing their guns against the bahraini shia.what is happening in bahrain is the peak of injustice and human rights abuse.you dont blame these innocent people if they take up guns to fight against those spraying them with bullets.dont blame them for that.

i replied to you earlier but my posts disappeared.you can go to my profile,check my posts and see the replies.then you can copy and answer to them.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Zhulfiqar1: 10:12am On Mar 20, 2011

@hymen,

Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by ShiaMuslim: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2011
my posts have being deleted,a mod should urgently fix them please.

"Massacre in Bahrain 17 Feb 2011 - The king killed peaceful protesters in cold blood" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaz7kF9aUH4&feature=related
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by muhsin(m): 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2011
^^^ Don't we have Mod here? Those pictures should be removed ASAP. shocked
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 20, 2011
Are you minding Hymen,shes bringing fake videos na.
Imagine her bringing a policeman video,did she know how many people the policeman has killed?
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 5:28pm On Mar 20, 2011
Dear LagosShia,
Its sad that you take things personal.

Asking for people to take up arms against their government is really quite sad. Why don't you offer yourself to come & die for them instead.

I have responded to all your childish responses on the issue ,which has also been eaten up by the SPAM BOT.

I will repost my comments again below.

As advised earlier don't post such horrific pictures directly. provide the link and advise people,its not right for you to post them directly,kindly follow Nairaland rules!

On Hassan Mushaima & the haq movement- Their fellow Shias - Al Wefaq consider them extremists.

I think you like bloodshed a lot,well ,i was broght up to appreciate the sanctity of life & will never encourage people to take up arms & get them selves killed .

Anyone that thinks violence will solve anything can look at the futile efforts of Al Qaeda in Iraq,Hezbollah & hamas. You kill them ,they kill you & it goes on & on. Always give peace a chance ,maybe your version of twelver Islam does not understand peace ,but its the way forward for humanity. Enough of the blood shed. Think of peace always not killing ,killing ,killing.

You may think it will solve anything ,but it willnot.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2011
(My response to all your comments on the right for shias to kill Indians,pakistanis & the righteousnes of Iran & Hezbollah)
I am shocked that a religious adherent will say it is write to kill & maim people in the name of politics ?? So where are your religious tenets? Will God be proud of you as a worshipper of God that you support the killing of innocents?

There are almost 400,000 indians & Pakistanis in Bahrain,probably less than 1% work for the security forces and even less are ‘nationalised’,so whats your problem?

So because Nigerians scam people on ‘419’ all Nigerians should be targeted or because muslims blow up themselves for allah,all muslims should be profiled as possible terrorists?

Your arguments do not hold water. If people have problems with their govt,there are legitimate ways of going about it without killing expatriate. What then is the difference between your religion and idol worship with ‘oro’ and ‘ebo’ (sacrifice) ?
The answer is simple religion & politics for a very dangerous mix. LEAVE RELIGION OUT OF POLITICS !
The religious leader purports to to get his legitimacy from God,while the polical leader is supposed to get his legitimacy from the people,the moment one person tries to combine the 2 like the theocracies in Iran & Hezbollah,you can only have unmitigated disaster.

Hezbollah rejects Saudi intervention in Bahrain , but supports Syrian invasion of Lebanon. Hypocrisy is a human trait & has no religious face.

On the Lebanese system, if their constitution supports dividing the political positions between faiths for stability ,who are you to say it is wrong??
Afterall the Iranian constitution vests enormous political power in a religious leader who should be praying regularly to God + studying and meditating on religious texts? If that makes sense to you , you have no right to disparage another country’s constitution. Different countries have different systems. As a matter of fact this kind of system will be the key to stability in Nigeria(zoning),the PDP have a fair idea of this unfortunately they are focused of enriching themselves & not improving the country ,or else its not a bad idea.

The solution to the Bahraini problem is political & should not be viewed strictly from a sectarian lense , otherwise the problems will never end. For example we have(until recently) more blacks in the USA than Hispanics, but you have many more Hispanic senators, it’s all about delineation of districts, is it currently done correctly in Bahrain, what will be the status of women ,minorities and governorates, do we need an upper House (Shura council)? These are political questions which no religion can answer , but genuine discussions between political leaders?

I don’t think Iran is the best to teach anyone how to handle protesters.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 6:06pm On Mar 20, 2011
special view of bahrain situation from wikileaks
http://www.aftenposten.no/spesial/wikileaksdokumenter/article4064102.ece
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by LagosShia: 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2011
@hymen

comparing Nigerians who do 419 and indians and pakistanis who are being naturalized in bahrain for sectarian purpose does not hold parallel.

we know that not all Nigerians do 419.fine.but those indians holding bahraini citizenship and going to the streets to support the king are supporting the oppression of the shia.do you get that right?those indians and pakistanis have the guts to go to the streets carrying bahraini flags and waving pictures of the tyrannical king.its the indians and pakistanis who are acting as mercenaries for the king so they got what they asked for.

in lebanon,what is there is not zonning.what is there is telling one person that he is less of a citizen and not good enough to hold certain positions.that even is not in the lebanese constitution.that law sharing positions based on sectarianism is against the lebanese constitution.the agreement is french imposed and known as the "national pact".that was a consequence of french colonialism and support for the maronite christians.

as for iran,the position of the supreme leader holds that it be occupied by a well learned scholar in the islamic sciences.apart from that the current leader holds other titles and was previous iran's president.as for handling protesters,the iranians protests do not represent a majority in iran and were fuelled by leaders sponsored or motivated by foreign enemies of the islamic republic directly or indirectly.

in bahrain we want to agree that it is a political problem.but it is the king and the saudi and many sunnis who are turning the issue into a sectarian matter.in egypt people protested and ousted the president and the world stood with egyptians.but in bahrain people dont want to understand that bahrainis are oppressed.they simply want to paint it as shias protesting against their king.they dont even want to know why those shias are protesting.

you also compared the syrian intervention in lebanon to the current saudi intervention in bahrain.that again does not hold.saudi arabia is interfering based on sectarian lines and biase.syria was ruled by an alawi and it was a lebanese maronite christian president who asked for syria's military intervention.so there was no religious favoritism by the syrians.the syrians who are mostly sunnis did not interfere in lebanon to help sunnis.and syria which was ruled by an alawi (a shia offshoot) did not interfere in lebanon to help the shia or even the alawis who very numbered.saudi arabia's intervention is a sectarian provocation.

on another important difference,in lebanon there was civil war between different armed factions.in bahrain there is no civil war.you have a king who is asking for support to shoot his protesting people because they are from a different sect.

my advice to you is not to play the devil's advocate.i would only ask you one question:

DO YOU AGREE THAT THE PROTESTS STARTED PEACEFUL AND IT WAS THE GOVERNMENT FORCES THAT STARTED THE VIOLENCE AGAINST PROTESTERS?
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by mukina2: 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2011
abeg no one should post those kinda pics here again, please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ruling On Wearing Shoes/Sandals When Performing Salat / Rumbun Hotuna: Hajjin Bana A Kasa Mai Tsarki / The Last Sermon Of Rasullulah (may Allah Have Mercy Upon Him)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.