Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,321 members, 7,950,626 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 05:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1402380 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
nefertitiram:

Oh no! That's not nice to hear! I really don't know how long it takes to get a doctor's appointment, but I am sure other phoenix mamas will have something so say. Personally, I am leaving at 27 weeks, my doctor insists I fly early. I am sure you can work something out when you get there.

I am already thinking of rescheduling my flight. Will cost me extra 120 dollars. But I think it's safer.. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
oawele:

With all the stress of travelling and complications that could come up, I think you should plan to leave earlier. Betterstill, consult with your doctor and work out when best you should travel. Also check with the airline you plan to travel with confirm if they would allow you travel at 36 weeks.

Good luck.

I am using airfrance and they allow at 36 weeks with fit to fly. But I think it's safer to reschedule . Will do that and push back to like 34 weeks or 33. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
toitoi: @akanbi I read you will be leaving early November , am trying to hook with someone if you dont mind . Thanks

Thanks. God bless

That was the plan but the way things are set up now, will probably leave late October . Whichever way, if you are planning to use mihs, we can still hook up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by chatterly: 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hello BVNO,
Can u please give the contact details of the Hackensack hospital.
thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tyty24(f): 8:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
princessrbt:

what kind of assistance do you need

Thank you so much princessrbt. I eventually called the hospital and these were the chargesgiven to me by Shannon.

hospital bill-2000 USD. lab test ranges between 100-200 USD.

But she (Shannon) told me to ask someone based in the city to book an appointment for me. Requested from my cousin if she could assist in doing so but she seems to be busy with school/exams.

I 'm really running out of time because I'm yet to get a letter from the hospital and also contact a doctor.

I intend to leave for US mid Sept. I know I will need these documents/info at the POE.

so please how can you assist.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
I have been a regular follower of this thread..I have read from page 1 to 103 and I can tell u that there is a wealth of information here.It feels like I know most of you personally even though I haven't written a line on this thread before..all the ijaymamas, Ibtisams24, twizzie, lizcom25, uchetobi,mamacajah(if I no call ur name no vex, I still hail) If I had stumbled on this thread early last year, our visa would not have been denied and our first child would have been delivered in the US. My wife is due for another child by end of December but plans to travel mid nov. Tanks to info from tokyobulls, we intend to use Methodist west houston hospital. I would appreciate any info about hospital in houston that is relatively cheaper. I remember some of the houston mum goin around October November wanted to form a bbm group if so abeg make una add me make I no lost cheesy .( I hope say justwizzy no go para again this time grin)

For those lookin at Dallas a friend recently used John peters and spent $4,500 in all and the baby is hail and hearty, they said the experience was great (I no go mind if I see that kind deal for houston..yea I know say na ijebu dey worry me tongue )

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ehido(m): 9:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
On behalf of me and my darling beautiful wifey, I will love to say a very biiiiiiig thank you to every selfless contributor on this thread, with all the info I got on here and with God on our side we were granted the visa today at about 11am.

The truth shall set you free and always will. Just be truthful and leave the rest to God thats what we did and back up your application with documents, they might ask and above all pray.

My wife is so glad. Thank you all very much.

Now the second phase of the birthing plan starts cheesy

She plans to leave for elpaso sometime around the third week of November. Any groups she can join for mums using Elpaso in December will be great cos we're due last week in December.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by musspuss: 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hello all,

Please, I need advice on my upcoming visa interview. It's kinda complicated. I completed my form a couple of months ago when I hadn't stumbled upon this forum or made any real plans and enquiries about birthing in the US. I completed the application form along with my hubby and daughter in April and stated that we intended travelling together the same day and staying with hubby's brother who lives in Houston but that I'll be spending 8 weeks while hubby and daughter would be spending 4 weeks.

Now, things have changed. I just learnt about the hospital in El paso and already got correspondence with them. I even booked the intown suite and got confirmation for my interview coming up next month. I'm due mid Dec but would like to leave 1st week in Nov. Hubby can't come with us for the interview because he has an important project outside town. What do I do now that my interview in fast approaching? The place we said we intended staying is with family in Houston but I want to use El paso doctoresparati and have a mail correspondence in that regard to show as well as hotel booking. Hubby the sponsor is not attending the interview with us yet its in the application that we are travelling together! Travelling the same day also might mean they won't be there during the delivery as they would have returned back to 9ja (it seems more logical for hubby and daughter to join me later so all we return together. How do I sort these inconsistencies before and during my interview?

Thanks, I would appreciate your candid opinions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 9:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
@aykanbi I haven't decide on the hospital to use , I could not get information about Mihs. Please if you don't mind can you send the details about Mihs

That was the plan but the way things are set up now, will probably leave late October . Whichever way, if you are planning to use mihs, we can still hook up.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Eclipse24: 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
miri7b5N:

Hi, I haven't forgotten. I'll reply today. I've got a Dr's appointment this morning. Will reply when im back. Cheers.

Yeah no prob. I know you'll be pretty occupied at this time. Wish you the best. Cheers. Congrats Phema and wish you safe trip plus delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Whole79: 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
@ Phema, I want to say a big congratulations to you on your sucessful visa application. I even think its the same guy that interviewed both of us. (He's a very cool and attentive middle aged man in his late 40s or early 50s who always wants to listen to you. The way he starts his question is always different from others. For instance, the first question he asked me after looking @ the monitor for few seconds was" I can see you are travelling with your wife and kid, do they already have their visas?" Unlike other that will ask you;" why are you going to the US?" I must say that throughout the period I was inside the interviewing room, this guy did not deny a single person. There was even a low self esteemed woman that came. Itt was when I was doing my tombprint that this woman was being interviewed beside me by this man @ window 6 and I was so sure that she would be denied. But this man gave him the visa o. that was when I started praying that I must be interviewed by this man. And it happend. My visa was granted 2 weeks ago(Mon 11th Aug) The guy only asked for my wife's visa page and that was all. I also flew from Lagos to Abj for the interview because of the positive visa application, so it was worth it. I just think its God's favor @ work for those that seek for it. Please always ask and rely on the favor of God. It is the only thing that matters. God will favor us all IJN.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by brooklyn20: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
Congrats phema. Wooow very happy ur visa was granted. I tap into ur interview miracle, seriously praying for a success story too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by miri7b5N: 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
ebonyademi: Pljease for people who had there baby in Elpaso, whats the total cost paid.

Hi, apart from what the website states, Vaginal $5410, CS $6925, you'll need to do a 3d scan at 36 weeks which costs $250. Then when u deliver, u pay for ur baby's every visit to d pediatrician some paid $65, Someone else was told to pay $86.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lipsyred: 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
Thanks lovely people.i have gone through all the pages and got a lot of information but is really late now to change because I have b1/b2 visa now which was given in June 26th and my sis in law invited me for her graduation then I was five month pregnant and wasnt asked,told them at embassy am goin on vacation and also to attend the graduation in august 21,but I couldn't make it then but I will b leaving September 14th but I intend to go for delivery will b 35weeks then,using delta airline,my Poe will b Atlanta to enter another to Bwi to maryland, pls can I get any advise on immigration if I shud still say vacation alone or include delivery?my sis in law is a nurse and making all arrangement,I will also travel with her daughter 6year who is a citizen but have been in nigeria,my sis in law is also a citizen.pls someone should advise me.i will be travelling with cash close to 10k dollars n my credit cards n other cards just to show dat am financially capable.just scared need your advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifax(f): 11:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
musspuss: Hello all,

Please, I need advice on my upcoming visa interview. It's kinda complicated. I completed my form a couple of months ago when I hadn't stumbled upon this forum or made any real plans and enquiries about birthing in the US. I completed the application form along with my hubby and daughter in April and stated that we intended travelling together the same day and staying with hubby's brother who lives in Houston but that I'll be spending 8 weeks while hubby and daughter would be spending 4 weeks.

Now, things have changed. I just learnt about the hospital in El paso and already got correspondence with them. I even booked the intown suite and got confirmation for my interview coming up next month. I'm due mid Dec but would like to leave 1st week in Nov. Hubby can't come with us for the interview because he has an important project outside town. What do I do now that my interview in fast approaching? The place we said we intended staying is with family in Houston but I want to use El paso doctoresparati and have a mail correspondence in that regard to show as well as hotel booking. Hubby the sponsor is not attending the interview with us yet its in the application that we are travelling together! Travelling the same day also might mean they won't be there during the delivery as they would have returned back to 9ja (it seems more logical for hubby and daughter to join me later so all we return together. How do I sort these inconsistencies before and during my interview?

Thanks, I would appreciate your candid opinions.

Fill and submit a new ds160

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 12:01am On Aug 27, 2014
@ella77. My wife wants to hook up with you as she will be in elpaso on 21st @ his grace lodge. How can we communicate with you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lipsyred: 12:41am On Aug 27, 2014
Thanks lovely people.i have gone through all the pages and got a lot of information but is really late now to change because I have b1/b2 visa now which was given in June 26th and my sis in law invited me for her graduation then I was five month pregnant and wasnt asked,told them at embassy am goin on vacation and also to attend the graduation in august 21,but I couldn't make it then but I will b leaving September 14th but I intend to go for delivery will b 35weeks then,using delta airline,my Poe will b Atlanta to enter another to Bwi to maryland, pls can I get any advise on immigration if I shud still say vacation alone or include delivery?my sis in law is a nurse and making all arrangement,I will also travel with her daughter 6year who is a citizen but have been in nigeria,my sis in law is also a citizen.pls someone should advise me.i will be travelling with cash close to 10k dollars n my credit cards n other cards just to show dat am financially capable.just scared need your advise,pls someone respond
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tumzee: 2:27am On Aug 27, 2014
Hello good people of this wonderful thread . I will like to share my POE experience as I've learnt a lot and will like to also give back.
I already gat my b1/b2 visa last year June with my hubby and 2 kids . I learnt from this thread that I need to write a letter of intent to the embassy of my new plans though I had already used my visa for vacation purpose last yr dec/Jan this yr .I was replied with d normal response they give .I travelled end of July to california with ma hubby and 2 kids with United air . When we gat to houston POE. .d cbp officer asked for our purpose of visit,we said vacation and to have our baby there . He then asked how much we have and how we intend paying..told him we have any 10k dollars and also our Mastercard . asked how long we will be staying...told him hubby and kids 3wks and ill be staying close to 3 maths . asked us to declare it cos we thought it's 10k dollars and above we need to declare . He stamped hubby and kids 6mths and sent me for secondary inspection . on getting dere I met anoda preggie and one of d officer whispered anoda one but did as if I didn't hear...e no kuku concern me...I was just communing with baba God but I was confident cos u had all my documents to back up any question . was asked for doctors appointment letter,correspondence and how I'll pay . told den and d officer advised I should not take any medical aid and I shld pay all bills and to keep all ma receipts cos I'll need it when next am entering d USA AND he stamped me 6mths.on getting to where I'll declare my cash and foodstuff na so I meet anoda woman . immediately she saw me she did how far gone r u?I was like no be to see cash and food,which one is how far as gone again . She started asking series of questions dt I've been asked by d previous officers..my husband just dey vex but i asked him to cool down . After abt 10 mins,she asked of d foodstuffs we have in our bags but didn't open our bags and didn't even ask to see d cash . We left and unfortunately missed our next flight to sanfrancsisco but we're put on the next one to california . Now in california ...it pays to be honest about ur intentions,do not lie,pray and God will grant us prayers

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by princessrbt: 4:48am On Aug 27, 2014
tyty24:

Thank you so much princessrbt. I eventually called the hospital and these were the chargesgiven to me by Shannon.

hospital bill-2000 USD. lab test ranges between 100-200 USD.

But she (Shannon) told me to ask someone based in the city to book an appointment for me. Requested from my cousin if she could assist in doing so but she seems to be busy with school/exams.

I 'm really running out of time because I'm yet to get a letter from the hospital and also contact a doctor.

I intend to leave for US mid Sept. I know I will need these documents/info at the POE.

so please how can you assist.

@tyty24, I guess we need to talk privately because am gonna need your details if am gonna do that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ella77(f): 5:41am On Aug 27, 2014
lizcom25: @ella77. My wife wants to hook up with you as she will be in elpaso on 21st @ his grace lodge. How can we communicate with you
I am presently at intown suites. She can send me a message on nairaland when she gets here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ashleybaker: 5:42am On Aug 27, 2014
Santa2: I have been a regular follower of this thread..I have read from page 1 to 103 and I can tell u that there is a wealth of information here.It feels like I know most of you personally even though I haven't written a line on this thread before..all the ijaymamas, Ibtisams24, twizzie, lizcom25, uchetobi,mamacajah(if I no call ur name no vex, I still hail) If I had stumbled on this thread early last year, our visa would not have been denied and our first child would have been delivered in the US. My wife is due for another child by end of December but plans to travel mid nov. Tanks to info from tokyobulls, we intend to use Methodist west houston hospital. I would appreciate any info about hospital in houston that is relatively cheaper. I remember some of the houston mum goin around October November wanted to form a bbm group if so abeg make una add me make I no lost cheesy .( I hope say justwizzy no go para again this time grin)
For those lookin at Dallas a friend recently used John peters and spent $4,500 in all and the baby is hail and hearty, they said the experience was great (I no go mind if I see that kind deal for houston..yea I know say na ijebu dey worry me tongue )

@Santa2: How come your friend spent $4,500 in John Peters when I got this quote from them. Hmmmmm!!!!!!
Hi, thank you for your email. I would like to provide any information you are asking so if I fail to answer your questions, please do not hesitate to reply with any additional requests. Here are some estimated charges, that should be regarded as estimates based on previous charges for a delivery at JPS Health Network and not necessarily what charges would be after a delivery.

Non-Emergent Normal Vaginal Delivery - $8,000 to $15,000 – does not include doctor, anesthesia, radiology, prenatal care or baby
Non-Emergent Caesarian Delivery - $15,000 to $20,000 – does not include doctor, anesthesia, radiology, prenatal care or baby
Newborn Baby - $6,000 – does not include intensive care or care provided outside of newborn nursery

Thank you again for your question, please let me know if I can help any further.

James Smith
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ella77(f): 5:47am On Aug 27, 2014
lizcom25: @ella77. Please what we're the foodstuffs so that my wife doesn't go and carry what is not allowed

I had palm oil, egusi, ogbono, crayfish, dry fish, dried bitter leaves, dried scentleaf, pepper soup spices, groundnuts, garri, wheatflour and dried ground pepper
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ella77(f): 5:50am On Aug 27, 2014
@ lizcom25 . I also had beans but she has to make sure d beans is in good condition cos if they see any weevil in it , they wl trash it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 27, 2014
Whole79: @ Phema, I want to say a big congratulations to you on your sucessful visa application. I even think its the same guy that interviewed both of us. (He's a very cool and attentive middle aged man in his late 40s or early 50s who always wants to listen to you. The way he starts his question is always different from others. For instance, the first question he asked me after looking @ the monitor for few seconds was" I can see you are travelling with your wife and kid, do they already have their visas?" Unlike other that will ask you;" why are you going to the US?" I must say that throughout the period I was inside the interviewing room, this guy did not deny a single person. There was even a low self esteemed woman that came. Itt was when I was doing my tombprint that this woman was being interviewed beside me by this man @ window 6 and I was so sure that she would be denied. But this man gave him the visa o. that was when I started praying that I must be interviewed by this man. And it happend. My visa was granted 2 weeks ago(Mon 11th Aug) The guy only asked for my wife's visa page and that was all. I also flew from Lagos to Abj for the interview because of the positive visa application, so it was worth it. I just think its God's favor @ work for those that seek for it. Please always ask and rely on the favor of God. It is the only thing that matters. God will favor us all IJN.

You are very correct. It was same man. Very calm and kind. He just kept smiling and nodding. grin He didn't ask even the most basic questions. Looked like he had already made up his mind to grant me with his 30secs perusal of my DS 160. All the rehearsals I had been doing were in vain as my responses were mostly "Yes sir" and "Thank you sir". I kept asking myself the seemingly difficult questions, only for me to get there and didn't get asked even the most basic ones.

In all, I wouldn't regret preparing the much I did cos I could have been sent to another window with a tougher VO. One is better over prepared than under prepared. Not ruling out God's grace and favor too.

I went to Abuja cos I just felt I will get a fair hearing, not cos Lag denies people. I would hate to be denied without even stating my case. grin

Congrats to you and your family too. Safe delivery to wifey.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 27, 2014
brooklyn20: Congrats phema. Wooow very happy ur visa was granted. I tap into ur interview miracle, seriously praying for a success story too.

Thanks babes. Don't worry, you will do just fine.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 27, 2014
BVNO: @Phema....A big congratulations. May God grant you safe delivery!!!, I'm still waiting for the budget sheet....please.

Thanks alot. I will surely paste it. I lost the soft copy and will have to redo it again.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gigi240: 6:18am On Aug 27, 2014
I'm torn between Doctors parati and oakbend medical center. Need to make a choice ASAP sad

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 27, 2014
For the people sending me mails as regards the budget sheet, please relax. I promised I will paste it here and that I will surely do. I prefer to share it here openly. I lost the soft copy and will have to redo another.

Thank you all for your understanding. kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 6:47am On Aug 27, 2014
Dear Moms of MIHS the pregnant women if she comes to emergency with pain and after they cheek and not time for delivery they will send mom to be home,but there is charges coz that not include the package, plz zzz any mom happen to here this situation ? And how much she paid? First visit to emergency free later no. For me I used tha first tirm when I reach Phoenix caz I was worried about and my self after along trip. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.