Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,321 members, 7,950,626 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 05:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1402380 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2014
Pheeeeeeeeemaa

Congrats......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 11:40am On Aug 26, 2014
awwwwww. congrats phema. I noticed you on this thread because of how you wanted to go through peoples transcript. you really prepared well. was really rooting for you. so happy for you my dear. will be in Elpaso by December. we will definitely hook up there. I also live in Abuja.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
Phema: *Twerks in* Singing Pop, pop, pop, pop champagne grin grin cheesy. God is too much!

Had my interview today at the Abuja Consulate and it was a breeze! Was interviewed by the man at window 6. Here is the excerpt;

VO: Good morning Ma'am

Me: Morning Sir

VO: *Studies my DS 160 for like 30secs*. You're going to have your baby?

Me: Yes sir

VO: Can I've your documents from the hospital?

Me: Sure. *passes the letter of responsibility from Doctoresparati, PayPal payment confirmation for letter of responsibility and email correspondences*

VO: *Glances through and nods head*. Can I've have your statement of account?

Me: My hubby is the one sponsoring, so i came with his. *hands him hubby's statements of accounts*

VO: *Glances through again*. Is this your first baby?

Me: Yes sir

VO: Congratulations and safe delivery!

Me: Thank you sir.

VO: When do you intend travelling?

Me: November 26th

VO: Your visa has been granted. Please, do travel with these documents you have shown me. You may be asked at the POE.

Me: *Smiling uncontrollably* Thank you very much Sir.

VO: Have a nice day Ma'am.

Me: You too Sir.

All this took less than 2 minutes. I had the shortest interview compared to every other person before me. Now, I'm wondering why in the world I was so bothered. Couldn't sleep well last night cos of the interview.

Will paste a copy of my budget sheet and other docs I used to prepare ( though I ended up not presenting them)

Congratulations, you deserve it because you did your home work.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
justwise:
Congratulations, you deserve it because you did your home work.

Thanks Justwise. You all helped me prepare. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
Adiahabasi: Congrats Phema! So happy for you. pls go ahead and paste the budget sheet you used. Plus was the money in the statement you used far more than the total in your budget sheet?or just slightly more?I.e if i'm budgeting say 10k do you think it'l be ok to hv a statement showing let's say 12k?

We had much more than what was on our budget sheet, but I don't think it should necessarily be that way. Just make sure you have a little more than your total on your budget sheet. I will advise an additional 500k.

Will give a more detailed response with the budget sheet when I'm more settled.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
malory84: awwwwww. congrats phema. I noticed you on this thread because of how you wanted to go through peoples transcript. you really prepared well. was really rooting for you. so happy for you my dear. will be in Elpaso by December. we will definitely hook up there. I also live in Abuja.

Thanks Malory84. We just thank God all my effort was not in vain.

I don't live in Abuja though. Flew all the way from Lagos to Abuja for the interview and on my way back now. wink grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Controltinz: 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
Thanks very much. I shall be waiting for your reply.

Thank you miri7b5N.

miri7b5N:

Hi, there's a mom here at intown who's girls 4 and 6 go to a treakable school. Don't know if they have a creche/daycare too, but can ask her for you.

Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
P0rtHarc0urtB0y: Pheeeeeeeeemaa

Congrats......

Bros Bros, thank you oooo. How wifey and baby?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Congratulations Phema! I'm so happy for you kiss

I sent you a pm yesterday, but I just remembered I used a temporary email to open my account. I will like us to be friends and have some private talks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ella77(f): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good day everyone,
Will like to use this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone on this thread. I got into El paso on Friday wt BA via Dallas.

Cbp asked what I came to do in d US and I told him to have my baby, she asked for my docs from my doctor and reservation, I showed her and she sent me in for secondary inspection but waz discharged after abt 5 mins asking me to make sure I paid my bills.
I declared d foodstuffs I had, so was also sent to check out them out after I was asked to leave, another cbp guy asked for my reason for d visit , I told him and he asked for proof. I gave him my letter from doctoresparati and he called them immediately to confirm if they were expecting me. He apologized for d delay and wished me a safe delivery.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 2:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
weaseloo: After reading all the posts about WHMC, I decided to contact Dr. La's office. I called and they sent me a layout of their fees. To my surprise, his charge is a whooping $3340! I think this is too expensive. I remember I have read some people say they paid about $2770 or near that. The other prices remained the same like hospital fee (4000 for CS), epidural (1200). By the way can these be negotiated? Again, this hearing test of a thing $326? How important is it?

Can someone recommend another good doctor they have used in Houston that is cheaper? I prefer to use a doctor whom someone has a good testimony about. I am not good at picking someone from a list cause I end up not having good experiences.

For ladies that had boys, is WHMC/Dr La's circumcision good, or should I look for Jewish people to do that for me? Would not want to put the child through 2 rounds of pain, so I am planning ahead.

Cheers guys! Much love to all contributors! You guys rock!!!

Help o! Dr. La's office insists they cannot come down on their $3340 fee. Need a cheaper doctor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
Please for people who had there baby in Elpaso, whats the total cost paid.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akanni(m): 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
aykanbi:

@nochid Thanks a lot. So if I fly at 36wks and I am able to get a doctor at 37 weeks then I'm still in the safe zone. Do you advise that I go ahead a d get a place to stay since I've made d decision to birth there. I'm flying early November tho, for anyone who's in the same ship? May I get suggestions on affordable extended stays with close proximity to the hospital. Thanks
sorry if i may ask, why are you waiting till 36wks before you fly?The earlier the better and i learnt after 36weeks, it might be challenging getting a doctor to take you on.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
IyawoToBe: Congratulations Phema! I'm so happy for you kiss

I sent you a pm yesterday, but I just remembered I used a temporary email to open my account. I will like us to be friends and have some private talks.

Thanks babes!

I replied your PM but I didn't hear from you again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adebunny: 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
ella77: Good day everyone,
Will like to use this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone on this thread. I got into El paso on Friday wt BA via Dallas.

Congrats on your smooth entry. Please did you meet CBP officers at Dallas airport or El paso ? Secondly which of the airports ( Dallas or El paso) did you pick up your baggage? I plan to fly BA and route it straight to El paso just like you did so I need this information to guide me, thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
@BVNO, Still waiting to hear from you as regards the name of the hospital in NJ.. Please help a sister out abeg...Also, is the 6,050 all inclusive?
Congrats Phema and kykes!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummybee: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
Phema:

Thanks babes!

I replied your PM but I didn't hear from you again. Email me at phemahema@yahoo.com

Congrats phema. I can imagine all d butterflies flying in ur tummy right now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
Phema:

Thanks Malory84. We just thank God all my effort was not in vain. I don't live in Abuja though. Flew all the way from Lagos to Abuja for the interview and on my way back now. wink grin

Congrats phema, am soooooo happy for you. Have observed you asking questions/commenting on different threads for a while grin. I was silently wishing you will be granted because i know the pain that comes with refusal when you have honest intentions. I pray my wife also finds favor during the interview in September.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
mummybee:
Congrats phema. I can imagine all d butterflies flying in ur tummy right now.

Mine is bigger than butterflies ooo. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by princessrbt: 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
tyty24:

Thank you so much I don't mind if youbcan assist me .

what kind of assistance do you need
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=ella77]Good day everyone,

Cbp asked what I came to do in d US and I told him to have my baby, she asked for my docs from my doctor and reservation, I showed her and she sent me in for secondary inspection but waz discharged after abt 5 mins asking me to make sure I paid my bills.
I declared d foodstuffs I had, so was also sent to check out them out after I was asked to leave, another cbp guy asked for my reason for d visit , I told him and he asked for proof. I gave him my letter from doctoresparati and he called them immediately to confirm if they were expecting me. He apologized for d delay and wished me a safe delivery.

Congrats on your poet experience. pls I also want o know were you got your luggage, Dallas or elpaso, because I am also flying the BA route. If it was Dallas after they checked your foodstuff was it BA that carried it to the airline that took you to elpaso or you did that yourself? and was there any extra cost attached to it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ella77(f): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
@Adebunny, you will meet d CBPs at Dallas cos dat wl b ur POE. You will pick up your luggage at dallas and drop them back again for d Dallas -Elpaso route

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tvegas:
Congrats phema, am soooooo happy for you. Have observed you asking questions/commenting on different threads for a while grin. I was silently wishing you will be granted because i know the pain that comes with refusal when you have honest intentions. I pray my wife also finds favor during the interview in September.

Lol. Thanks Tvegas. The hustle no easy. grin

Don't worry, your wife will be granted. Let her just prepare well and go armed with all necessary documents.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
Phema:

Thanks babes!

I replied your PM but I didn't hear from you again. Email me at m

Alright dearie. Sending you a mail right away smiley

You can take down your email...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ella77(f): 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
@malory84 as soon as my bags were checked , I dropped them off for d dallas - elpaso leg which is operated by American Airlines @ no extra cost

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by miri7b5N: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
Eclipse24: Thanks miri7b5N, sent you a reply via mail. God bless!

Hi, I haven't forgotten. I'll reply today. I've got a Dr's appointment this morning. Will reply when im back. Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 6:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
@ella77. Congrats for safe entry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ella77(f): 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=lizcom25]@ella77. Congrats for safe entry.

Thanks@Lizcom25
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
@ella77. Please what we're the foodstuffs so that my wife doesn't go and carry what is not allowed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BVNO: 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
@ twizzie....Yes $6,050 it's all inclusive. Hackensack UMC Mountainside Hospital...30 mins away from NY.

@Phema....A big congratulations. May God grant you safe delivery!!!, I'm still waiting for the budget sheet....please.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.