Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,479 members, 7,978,564 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:20 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1407356 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
@Ayosmum @ MIHS shock affecting ears - the mata serious! grin grin grin grin

I haven't called Dr Oduro's office because he's not really on my list anymore as an option, all my contact has been with Dr. Soyoola and he did not mention anything about hearing test, neither did my friend who used him. His breakdown was as follows:

Labs ($700.00), 1 Ultrasound ($125.00), Prenatal office visits ($750.00), Vaginal Delivery ($1,100.00) = $2,675
He agreed to come down to $2,475 after negotiation.

As for the epidural, it did not say in the letter he sent to me with his cost breakdown, but my friend paid $500 which was because she booked it in advance. If you decide to use it on the day you give birth during labour, she said its $1,200. I think you have to contact the hospital itself about epidural though Im not 100% sure, I'll ask my friend.

Ayosmum: @GenoMi, from the appointment booking I got from Dr Oduro's office now, there is an extra charge of 700-1000 dollars if you are using epidural. Also, when I called the hospital was told that if the baby is healthy, I should budget 1500 for hearing test. Please can you help confirm from your friend, abi na MIHS shock still dey affect my ears.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yettidear(f): 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hello everyone, I have a sister that is planning to have her child in US by next year Feb. She is looking at Florida. Please can you direct me to anyone that has experience in having a baby in Florida. which hospitals can she go to? Or is there a link to good and reasonable hospitals?
she is looking at Orlando, FL. Also can anyone please answer the following questions;

1. I know she is applying for a medical visa but does she need a doctor's referral letter from her doc in Nigeria to show at the embassy?
2. What general documents does she need to take with her to the Embassy for her visa?
3. Her husband will be flying in a few days before the due date, can he also go with her to get his B-1 visa at the embassy?
4. Does it matter that she was denied a US student visa for her Master's degree earlier this year? She and her husband have travelled to different countries and had never overstayed.

I have tried to get the answers to the questions by going through the pages in the thread, but you will all agree that it would take a whole month to go through all the over 150 pages. And also, everyone's case is unique that was why I said I was going to ask instead of guessing.

Thanks everyone!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 5:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
sayoberry: @kykes since we dey the same shoe. na Ur face I dey look o.
kykes what was the overall cost of birthing for sugar land when you calculated? just birthing.

@nefertitiram... this Ur name self... very long to type grin I agree with you but what of the pains after the cs? moreover Im cs-phobic sad and
I'll be alone and someone will join me after the birth. may not be easy for me. as for work I'm trying as much as possible. I'm planning to travel at 7months too.
I pray God gives me the strength to listen to advice and not go working like a mule

Hummnnn, being alone with 2 babies..m CS won't let you take a crap easily not to talk of 2 babies. You wll need to hire a nanny
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
nefertitiram:
Errr
Pls hw does this affect the MIHS price review?

Lol. Una no go kee me for this thread grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
nefertitiram:
Errr

Pls hw does this affect the MIHS price review?

Hahaaa cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
hollabeesy2014: No one seems to be talking about WHMC. Hosp bill is 2500 n dr hunyh charges 2k. All test is approximately 500. D place seems to b a second option for me.... After mihs don break my back.

This is looking nice. Yimu MIHS. Lemme go look up the doc's no.

Thanks Kykes on memorial herman info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
I'm also considering Orlando. Unfortunately, the hospitals there are very expensive and from my research so far, they're not inclined to give discounts to self pay patients, their costs are fixed.

So far, these are the estimates i've gotten:
Winnie Palmer Hospital
Normal- 4500 Epidural 900, CS-7600 Epidural 1050

Health Central Ocoee
Normal-5200, CS-7600 gave me a number to call for cost of epidural

Florida Hospital East Orlando (they have like 7 or 8 different locations, choose the one closest to you)
Normal-4240 epidural 850, CS-6890, Epidural 1200

These are all excluding doctor's fees.

The 2 doctors i've spoken to so far (Dr Waite and Dr Orgello) quoted 3900 and 3200.

If you find anything cheaper, please let me know.

I've started looking at options in houston, since that is cheaper.

yettidear: Hello everyone, I have a sister that is planning to have her child in US by next year Feb. She is looking at Florida. Please can you direct me to anyone that has experience in having a baby in Florida. which hospitals can she go to? Or is there a link to good and reasonable hospitals?
she is looking at Orlando, FL. Also can anyone please answer the following questions;

1. I know she is applying for a medical visa but does she need a doctor's referral letter from her doc in Nigeria to show at the embassy?
2. What general documents does she need to take with her to the Embassy for her visa?
3. Her husband will be flying in a few days before the due date, can he also go with her to get his B-1 visa at the embassy?
4. Does it matter that she was denied a US student visa for her Master's degree earlier this year? She and her husband have travelled to different countries and had never overstayed.

I have tried to get the answers to the questions by going through the pages in the thread, but you will all agree that it would take a whole month to go through all the over 150 pages. And also, everyone's case is unique that was why I said I was going to ask instead of guessing.

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
Abeg I called this extended stay america people n they said no more extended stay program for crossland as november is fully booked! Then asked for Extendedstay on East Oak, n got 2500 +tax for 69 days. Dats like $36 per day. My people aw una see am? Any oda bright ideas?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
I know I said I wasn't going to do any research anymore, but I couldn't help it. sad grin

For people that still want to do Arizona; I got a fairly good deal in Tucson. For those who may not know; Tucson is a city in Arizona, about 2hrs-2hrs30mins drive from Phoenix. Good thing is, you can get your baby's passport easily (within 24-48hrs) cos they have a regional office.
The whether down there is good too. The few hotels I checked weren't so pricey.

Hospital name: Northwest Medical Centre
Hosp Phone number: +1 520 742 9000
Dr's name: Dr Constantino Alicia or Dr Dehasse Carol
Dr's Phone number: +1 520 797 0011

Hospital bill: $1,800
Dr's bill: $1,800
Epidural: $350
Lab workup: $135
Total: $4085

I donot have the Paediatrician fees yet but I bet it won't be a bother. This is the cheapest deal I could get in the AZ axis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
I agree. The first few days after a CS are pretty difficult, at least that was my experience. I actually don't advise that you be alone, talkless of with 2 babies.

This is why i'm having to consider Orlando which is so expensive, but I have people there so I won't be alone after my CS. And i'm having just one baby.

Think it well sha.

nefertitiram:

Hummnnn, being alone with 2 babies..m CS won't let you take a crap easily not to talk of 2 babies. You wll need to hire a nanny
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
hollabeesy2014:

dont av much feedback from those that have used her. i av an appointment from her already. planning towards end of November. pls has anyone in the house used dr huynh? What's her service ike?

someone commented a few threads back that she was okay with her.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hello all, I delivered my baby boy last week Tuesday in Gwinnett by dr Oduro, the nurses were fanstatic. The financial lady said I will receive the bill in 8-10 business days, I'm yet to receive my bill. I ve received birth certificate which I processed thru vital records and it was sent to my apartment in 24 hrs. I'm still trying to get how to go about the passport issuance.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
mimibe: Hello all, I delivered my baby boy last week Tuesday in Gwinnett by dr Oduro, the nurses were fanstatic. The financial lady said I will receive the bill in 8-10 business days, I'm yet to receive my bill. I ve received birth certificate which I processed thru vital records and it was sent to my apartment in 24 hrs. I'm still trying to get how to go about the passport issuance.

Congrats dearie. Plenty kisses to d boy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
Phema: I know I said I wasn't going to do any research anymore, but I couldn't help it. sad grin

For people that still want to do Arizona; I got a fairly good deal in Tucson. For those who may not know; Tucson is a city in Arizona, about 2hrs-2hrs30mins drive from Phoenix. Good thing is, you can get your baby's passport easily (within 24-48hrs) cos they have a regional office.

I donot have the Paediatrician fees yet but I bet it won't be a bother. This is the cheapest deal I could get in the AZ axis.

Welldone Phema. This is a good option to MIHS just incase I get there n d new rate applies to me. Thx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
Freshface: Welldone Phema. This is a good option to MIHS just incase I get there n d new rate applies to me. Thx

When are you travelling?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
8th October @Phema
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
Dammiecouture pls can I get more information on that Ocotillo Village apartment u mentioned? Called them too, they said I need a SSN to book!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
nefertitiram: Someone should call Tucson Medical Center in Arizona, I hear they are gangsta too.

Called them and their Hospital bill alone is $2,300. Didn't bother going further since I got something cheaper in same Tucson.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
Basheerah1:

Hello MadameU. Im quite new here. I have some details on a doctor/ hospital in Chicago. I could send the file to your email.

Thanks Basheerah! U are most def a star. Sent you a Private message u can just reply that and it would drop in my email directly. I do appreciate this a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
[quote author=Freshface]

Welldone Phema. This is a good option to MIHS just incase I get there n d new rate applies to me. Thx[/quote

Good one Phema. Now m swinging back and forth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
Phema:

Called them and their Hospital bill alone is $2,300. Didn't bother going further since I got something cheaper in same Tucson.

Phema are you set on Arizona?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
Freshface: Dammiecouture pls can I get more information on that Ocotillo Village apartment u mentioned? Called them too, they said I need a SSN to book!

Call them back and tell them that you are not a resident. They will send you an online form to fill and scan back to them.

They are quite affordable at about $800 (inclusive of tax), but you will have to get your own TV, internet, kitchen utensils etal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
raii:
Phema are you set on Arizona?

Babe, I'm not set for anywhere yet oo. Just doing some underground work.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
Freshface: Abeg I called this extended stay america people n they said no more extended stay program for crossland as november is fully booked! Then asked for Extendedstay on East Oak, n got 2500 +tax for 69 days. Dats like $36 per day. My people aw una see am? Any oda bright ideas?

Can u imagine the yeye pple ! I called them last week o dey ask for the closest to MIHS for dec 7th to march 7th the lady gave me a bill of 3k something! Naim I bail first of all. If u ask me sha o its not the best deal but not the worse either u can consider taking it if ure buoyant enuff.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Freshface: 8th October @Phema

Safe trip dear. I really do hope the old package applies to people with appointments already as MIHS still remains my first choice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
For us all. At my wife's second room screening at Dallas POE they asked who will be taking care of her. She said she will get a nanny. So in case you are asked and also make provision for the nanny payment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 7:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
Babymama123: Whoa!!! i feel like crying MIHS don do me strong thing, i was working on a tight budget was thinking @ worse $3,500 not dat whopping addition. i almost booked for my flight yesterday. God dey have got just about 3weeks left to hustle, am am sad, i hope things work out for me, if not na to decide naija things ooh, and hope for a safe delivery. wish everyone well.

Like I said before if you have already booked your financial appointment with MIH before the announcement of the price increase, they said they will honor the old price till December.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
[quote author=Phema]I know I said I wasn't going to do any research anymore, but I couldn't help it. sad grin

Sista ure too mussh na! Infact Phema for president 2015! Nice one the options don dey many o. Ok so Az peeps may nor need to change flights just portttt.... Thanks for this info, e go dry tears I dey tell u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
Tickets done come down o. Chai I regret buy my ticket already, almost 100k difference . BA to elpaso for those going in December has dropped to 320k. My hubby go do sharp sharp buy the ticket for like 410k. Now is the best time to buy tickets.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
MadameU:

Can u imagine the yeye pple ! I called them last week o dey ask for the closest to MIHS for dec 7th to march 7th the lady gave me a bill of 3k something! Naim I bail first of all. If u ask me sha o its not the best deal but not the worse either u can consider taking it if ure buoyant enuff.

I got the same quote when I called bout two weeks ago.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
[quote author=MadameU][/quote]

Checking lag-houston and lag-phoenix/tucson. Cost benefit analysis at work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (402)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.