Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,950 members, 7,890,129 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:46 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1392765 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 4:07am On Oct 01, 2014
naijamumcarephx:

Varvara,
Typically MIH will not let you leave or discharge you without a baby car seat, most moms invest in a baby car seat. You can purchase one for a reasonable price at Burlington, Walmart or Target.
The fastest way to get to Tucson is to hire a taxi, private transportation service or book a flight to Tucson.
Considering that you would have a new born baby with you, you probably want to choose the safest and most convenient option.
I've sent you replies to your emails but no response from you.
Plus if you stay at Crossland, you should have met some of the moms on this forum who can help with some of your questions.....I hope.

Thank you very much. Yes, I know about baby seat. As I know hospital sells it around 40 usd. Sorry, I didn't receive anything from you ((
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 4:09am On Oct 01, 2014
MIHS moms, does anybody know in Tucson they will do passport in the same day or next one?
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:24am On Oct 01, 2014
MrsDGN: No response to my cervical cerclage questions. cry. Please na. I need to know so I can plan. No surprises

Typically, cervical cerclage is usually removed from about 37-38weeks of pregnancy I.e @ term unless otherwise medically advised let's say e.g you suddenly go into labour before then. So if you are travelling before then you would want to have it removed when you get the the U.S (which you would be) but speak with your doctor both here in Nigeria and the obgyn you intend to use in the US also. You can even ask about cost, et al and try to adhere to medical advise. Google is your friend smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by POPSTAR: 5:40am On Oct 01, 2014
Varvara: MIHS moms, does anybody know in Tucson they will do passport in the same day or next one?
Thank you

U get passport same day if u go to tucson or 2 any other direct agent in d US, Most passport agencies require proof of travel within two weeks in order to make an appointment. Also u will be pay $60 extra as an expedited fee...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 6:43am On Oct 01, 2014
Varvara:

Thank you very much. Yes, I know about baby seat. As I know hospital sells it around 40 usd. Sorry, I didn't receive anything from you ((
Pls check your junk mail, I've sent you about 4 emails. I replied each time you sent me a message. It's from Naija Mummy Care.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by razaq78: 6:55am On Oct 01, 2014
POPSTAR:

U get passport same day if u go to tucson or 2 any other direct agent in d US, Most passport agencies require proof of travel within two weeks in order to make an appointment. Also u will be pay $60 extra as an expedited fee...

what abour birth certificate? Is there any expedited service?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 7:08am On Oct 01, 2014
POPSTAR:

Thank you very much. So I can order driver, go in Tucson with him, spend there some time (how long to wait that passport?) and then to back with the same driver, is it right?

And how to make an appointment in Tucson?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 8:23am On Oct 01, 2014
wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 8:46am On Oct 01, 2014
sayoberry: I'm searching Google and everywhere else for apartments or cheap hotels in sugar land o. can't find any. the ones I found are like five star hotels and the apartments are so expensive.
pls I beg o. na beg I beg. if anyone knows of accommodation in sugarland. (I'm planning to use Dr. Le) pls inform me.

Sugarland na big man area na wat do u xpect. Most peeps dat go there hv relatives or dey can afford d apartment. My advise, if u wrkn wit a budget y nt try houston, elpaso or even mihs. Cos d mony 4 accomodation alone no b here oo. Or u'll luk 4 some1 2 share a 2bedroom. D price diff frm 1bed 2 2bed isn't much. I actually got some1 on nairaland too wen she was lukn 4 a house mate in houston bt I later changed my mind 4 mihs. Tink about it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 9:28am On Oct 01, 2014
sayoberry: I'm searching Google and everywhere else for apartments or cheap hotels in sugar land o. can't find any. the ones I found are like five star hotels and the apartments are so expensive.
pls I beg o. na beg I beg. if anyone knows of accommodation in sugarland. (I'm planning to use Dr. Le) pls inform me.

Sayoberry my sister,Na sugarland you dey now?Did Dr Le give you a guarantee that you'l have your twins via normal?cos these hospitals get as them be oooo.Before you'l be in labour now and the story will change.Whats the status of your discussion with him?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 10:51am On Oct 01, 2014

Unfortunately, Sugarland is not a budget friendly area. If you're not particular about Staying in Sugarland, a good option is to consider WHMC, which is in a much more affordable area.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by POPSTAR: 11:05am On Oct 01, 2014
razaq78:

what abour birth certificate? Is there any expedited service?

4 birth certificate, u will get immediately @ vital office 4 $25, u will be given d ads @ d hospital b4 u leave... pls ensure dt baby's name is well spelt cos of mistakes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
shelly23: Unfortunately, Sugarland is not a budget friendly area. If you're not particular about Staying in Sugarland, a good option is to consider WHMC, which is in a much more affordable area.
Happy independence guys. Just to chip in that those considering WHMC should do their due diligence. A Member had some issues with them few months back. I think it had to do with getting a zero balance on her receipt and visa renewal problems. It's a pity I can't remember the details and it may have been lost to the Tsunami. But the member dropped the caveat and switched to another hospital. So research this well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by razaq78: 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
POPSTAR:

4 birth certificate, u will get immediately @ vital office 4 $25, u will be given d ads @ d hospital b4 u leave... pls ensure dt baby's name is well spelt cos of mistakes

Thank you, which state is that?

Is that true for all states?

In Virginia , they told me I have to wait for 3 weeks then I can go to vital office !
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
akelvin:
I got some so all depending on ur budget n preferences.but nice apartments mostly in chandelier based on advise of pple around on d areas n safe neighborhood.dnt knw if I can list all but will list d ones I can so u check out on d internet n we went there so 'twas cool.there is d chandler meadows apartment with furnished one bed for $1020 all inclusive,biscaynebay chandelier for$1070.83 dats plus utilities,Alante at d island for $901 all inclusive but not furnished but d furnished one goes for 1500 but we were advised to pick a non furnished one n rent d furnitures dat way is cheaper,we got a furniture company dat furnishes d bedroom,dinning, sitting room for $179 so is cheaper than taking a furnished apartment d name of d rental company is Cort u can check them out.note all I listed r one bedroom.i checked a lot anyone I remember again will put it up.there is one I saw in Gilbert really really nice goes for $959 but when every was added it went up to1159 but really cool d name is highland groves at Morrison ranch u can check it out.but note all these I listed d kitchens r fully equipped n laundry facilities also in each apartment.
U can also check AZ furnished apartments.com so u can select from four different areas if u want a furnished apartment.but NOTE d prices may differ if u r renting a short stay like three months they usually add premium charges added.thats y d ones I went to dat I gave u I was saying all inclusive so this AZ u can call to confirm n tell them ur duration.
But u can get cheaper apartments for $750-800 for a one bed not furnished then rent ur furnitures for $179 I think dat is nt bad.

I can hug u right now for this info. Now if only Francesca will be available to take my calls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
bloggerina: Hello,

You can call City of Houston vital office on 7138370311. They'll tell you the exact date the BC will be ready. I suggest you go there and pick it up when its ready instead of waiting for it to arrive by mail. It cost $23 per copy and make sure you go along with your money order or a visa/mastercard for payment + your intl passport. Try to arrive there early, the office can be crowded at times.

Once you get the BC, do to Downtown if you are pressed for time and need to get the blue passport asap. Alternatively, you can call the nearest post office, book an appointment and go there with your spouse + one passport foto of the baby. You must carry your baby (applicant) along o. If your spouse is not available, you will need to provide a notarised letter of consent. Fill out the forms, pay for expedited processing and wait for the blue passport to arrive by mail 2-3weeks after. 7 days if u r lucky. You don't need social security number to apply for d passport. Just leave that space blank.
I believe that's all. I don tire to dey type jare.
Cheers

Hello@ Bloggerina,Is it possible for the father to sign the notarisation form in the presence of a lawyer before the wife travels n she in turn travels with it to the US? Or must the form be signed after baby is born and at the American embassy in Nigeria? Pls throw more light

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
akelvin:
I got some so all depending on ur budget n preferences.but nice apartments mostly in chandelier based on advise of pple around on d areas n .
Thank you for this Info. God bless you much! Need to ask though if these quotes are monthly and if one can get to pay for one and half month. Also, how far is this Chandelier from the hospital and clinic?
Also, on the document processing, does it mean one has to go all the way to Tucson before you can apply for passport? Thought one could do via the post office? Also, the notarized letter of consent, can I take along now before baby is born since hubby won't be around or it has to be after baby is born?
Thank you once again..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
twizzie:
Thank you for this Info. God bless you much! Need to ask though if these quotes are monthly and if one can get to pay for one and half month. Also, how far is this Chandelier from the hospital and clinic?
Also, on the document processing, does it mean one has to go all the way to Tucson before you can apply for passport? Thought one could do via the post office? Also, the notarized letter of consent, can I take along now before baby is born since hubby won't be around or it has to be after baby is born?
Thank you once again..

Gogle maps says its 1hr 30mins by bus
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sessibasi: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Varvara: Hello, guys!

My DUE in 1,5 weeks and my husband stacked with administrative proccess. I lose my hope that he will assist me here.
Do you know anybody driver in Phoenix with baby seat?

Anybody is going in Tucson around 20 of October to make a baby passport?
Or could you advice another comfortable and fast way to achieve Tucson?

thank you

Hi dearie. I went to Tucson for my baby's passport cuz I dint av time at hand again. Luckily d cab guy dat took me to vitals office advised I cud take a bus to and fro tucson cuz cab to tucson is like $300 if u get a good bargain. I booked my trip to tucson with greyhound express bus service. It's d same time to get to tucson as a cab also. And my ticket to tucson and back was just $15 including tax. Den I took a cab from their station to d passport agency. My appointment was for 11am, got there 10am, passport was ready by 2pm I waited there till pp was ready and went back to tempe on d last bus to phoenix. Simple. I stayed in tempe but greyhound also has a station in phoenix. Just Google greyhound express u'l see and book ur ticket. I paid online. I hope dis helps u. Will advise u take ur baby along in a baby carrier cuz dey will check in ur stroller and carseat as luggage. I dint know so I carried my baby on my laps to and fro during d bus ride. And d buses are very comfortable with Internet and charging points

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
^^^Nice info @sessibasi. How did you pay for the bus fare?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
akelvin:
I got some so all depending on ur budget n preferences.but nice apartments mostly in chandelier based on advise of pple around on d areas n safe neighborhood.dnt knw if I can list all but will list d ones I can so u check out on d internet n we went there so 'twas cool.there is d chandler meadows apartment with furnished one bed for $1020 all inclusive,biscaynebay chandelier for$1070.83 dats plus utilities,Alante at d island for $901 all inclusive but not furnished but d furnished one goes for 1500 but we were advised to pick a non furnished one n rent d furnitures dat way is cheaper,we got a furniture company dat furnishes d bedroom,dinning, sitting room for $179 so is cheaper than taking a furnished apartment d name of d rental company is Cort u can check them out.note all I listed r one bedroom.i checked a lot anyone I remember again will put it up.there is one I saw in Gilbert really really nice goes for $959 but when every was added it went up to1159 but really cool d name is highland groves at Morrison ranch u can check it out.but note all these I listed d kitchens r fully equipped n laundry facilities also in each apartment.
U can also check AZ furnished apartments.com so u can select from four different areas if u want a furnished apartment.but NOTE d prices may differ if u r renting a short stay like three months they usually add premium charges added.thats y d ones I went to dat I gave u I was saying all inclusive so this AZ u can call to confirm n tell them ur duration.
But u can get cheaper apartments for $750-800 for a one bed not furnished then rent ur furnitures for $179 I think dat is nt bad.

@akelvin you are most definately a darling thanks a lot for all this info will start looking right away. God bless you plenty for your selflessness and honesty.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=Phema]^^^Nice info @sessibasi. How did you pay for the bus fare?

She mentioned online....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thanks to akelvin for all the info. Just did a lil research and found this,I hope it's useful to someone. Person like me wey Neva Conor my village before just had to be armed with some info on the place I intend to camp for the next couple of months.

http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/09/14/safe-and-dangerous-places-in-phoenix/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
sessibasi:

Hi dearie. I went to Tucson for my baby's passport cuz I dint av time at hand again. Luckily d cab guy dat took me to vitals office advised I cud take a bus to and fro tucson cuz cab to tucson is like $300 if u get a good bargain. I booked my trip to tucson with greyhound express bus service. It's d same time to get to tucson as a cab also. And my ticket to tucson and back was just $15 including tax. Den I took a cab from their station to d passport agency. My appointment was for 11am, got there 10am, passport was ready by 2pm I waited there till pp was ready and went back to tempe on d last bus to phoenix. Simple. I stayed in tempe but greyhound also has a station in phoenix. Just Google greyhound express u'l see and book ur ticket. I paid online. I hope dis helps u. Will advise u take ur baby along in a baby carrier cuz dey will check in ur stroller and carseat as luggage. I dint know so I carried my baby on my laps to and fro during d bus ride. And d buses are very comfortable with Internet and charging points

That was super fast. So its possible to get all docs within 3wks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akelvin(f): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
@twizze:yes u can pay monthly as they prefer monthly payments cos we asked they don't expect u to pay d whole tym u r spending at once.but u can tell them ur payment plan hw u want to pay so they said.
N for those with excess cash cos of POE u culd get it changed into credit card in fry's for 45cents so we were advised by one of d ladies we met in one of d houses we checked it makes it easier for u instead of moving around with cash.Dat just go to fry's market place meet d customer service n request for money order.at least dat will save u frm spending d cash anyhw n some places don't accept cash n some dnt take higher denominations cos of change frm mu experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
MadameU: Thanks to akelvin for all the info. Just did a lil research and found this,I hope it's useful to someone. Person like me wey Neva Conor my village before just had to be armed with some info on the place I intend to camp for the next couple of months.

MiHS vicinity is crime prone from the link. Jesus please show us mercy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
raii:

MiHS vicinity is crime prone from the link. Jesus please show us mercy.

But thank God we will be temporarily visiting there. I believe God to shield us all. A helpless preggy alone which defense could you possibly have but a God? It is well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
MadameU: Thanks to akelvin for all the info. Just did a lil research and found this,I hope it's useful to someone. Person like me wey Neva Conor my village before just had to be armed with some info on the place I intend to camp for the next couple of months.

The safe areas listed in the link are about 2hrs by bus says googlemaps. I'm going to look at Tempe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akelvin(f): 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
raii:

The safe areas listed in the link are about 2hrs by bus says googlemaps. I'm going to look at Tempe.
yea tempe is also a nice place safe area.u can check it out just drove thru there dats where most students lodge n they r back to school so d prices of rent went a little bit higher so I was told.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizababy: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
hello everyone.please I need information about affordable hospitals or birth centres in maryland ,delaware and philadelphia with details of cost.Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
@MadameU; Yes, I know she mentioned online. Just wanted to know if Naira master card will do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.