Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:26 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1390344 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummyprincess: 8:53am On Feb 20, 2015
drafrican:
@ mama princess
I hope you find someone coming to Texas with the Whitfield but I guess your baby has eczema, you can buy a product called "Shea Moisture raw Shea butter and argan oil baby eczema therapy" bar soap,lotion and shampoo works really well u can order on Amazon or buy at Target near you should be about $10.

Oh! It was me that wanted the cream ooo. I only asked her to pm me cos I will be traveling in no distant time.
Tnx.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 8:56am On Feb 20, 2015
U need a consent/letter of sponsorship from him, his employment letter or any other doc showing he owns and manages a business as the case may be. You also need his bank statements. There is no specific time btw submitting ur form and the interview. U choose ur interview date urself and making payment at the bank for Ur visa fee. U can use as many bank statement S u want so long as Ur name or names are reflected on it. Remember to go with ur marriage cert if any of the acct or Ur intl pp bear ur maiden name. Anyone else with more info can help out pls.
dunwun:
Hello house,

I have a few questions, thanks in advance for your responses.

What docs are required from hubby at the embassy (by the VO) if the plan is to travel alone for the purpose of childbirth? I and hubby have never been to the US.

What's the time lapse between submitting the online DS160 form and being called for an interview?

Can I use 2 different banks SOA?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummyprincess: 9:07am On Feb 20, 2015
Airpure:

Guess this was meant for me. I was suppose to get it for someone here but I must have forgotten it in Nigeria as I cant find it

@Airpure, yes it is meant for you.
You got the pm thing right n i responded yesterday. I just had to forward the response to the email add.you asked me to use.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummyprincess: 9:11am On Feb 20, 2015
mummyprincess:

Oh! It was me that wanted the cream ooo. I only asked her to pm me cos I will be traveling in no distant time.
Tnx.

@drafrican,I wanted to say it wasn't me that wanted the cream. Pls no mind the error.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Yankee01: 9:37am On Feb 20, 2015
skelemba:

hi, when are u due?
u can use dr ayoade akere...weiss memorial hospital/st bernard but he has hi own outlet jils medical center.
normal delivery is 7500, cs is about 9000
u can reach him on aakere@sbcglobal.net
@Skelemba,
Thanks for responding to me quote.... Pls, is the price u stated;$7-9k; include all charges (eg Hospital bill)?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 9:50am On Feb 20, 2015
@maypra

I tried to reply your PM but I got failure delivery.
You can leave your email here or send me an email oluwasegunb449@gmail.com

Sorry admin.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 10:16am On Feb 20, 2015
IyawoToBe:
Princeadeade, Delta Airline sales rep grin grin

How much did you eventually pay for baby's ticket?

Funny Madam angry

Well, I haven't paid yet. I called their international sales/reservation line and they advised me the price. I could have paid with my card but they advised me to pay at the airport for two reasons:
1. I would need a paper ticket to admit the baby on board and if I paid via telephone,They would have to deliver the ticket by post and the sales rep says she cannot guarantee it would arrive at my US address in the time frame I was requesting for which is within 2 weeks but she however said it is a huge possibility
2. She further advise that I opt to pay at the airport as the price would be the same value within my wife return date so to be on the safe side, i should just pay at the sales office in the airport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 10:20am On Feb 20, 2015
PrinceAdeAde:

Funny Madam angry

Well, I haven't paid yet. I called their international sales/reservation line and they advised me the price. I could have paid with my card but they advised me to pay at the airport for two reasons:
1. I would need a paper ticket to admit the baby on board and if I paid via telephone,They would have to deliver the ticket by post and the sales rep says she cannot guarantee it would arrive at my US address in the time frame I was requesting for which is within 2 weeks but she however said it is a huge possibility
2. She further advise that I opt to pay at the airport as the price would be the same value within my wife return date so to be on the safe side, i should just pay at the sales office in the airport
Alright. Thanks a bunch.

Is the delta houston promo still on? wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tbaby2015: 10:38am On Feb 20, 2015
morning all,

Please i'd like a clarificatio on this. I'm applying with my fa,ily but going alone first, about 4 weeks before they arrive. We've booked online for reservation but booked just for me since the hotel would not allow for more than a month hotel reservation. Our interview is soon and i'm wondering should we get hotel reservation for my hubby and kids, dated one month after mine or we go with mine alone? Please advice, thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sadiaalmas: 10:39am On Feb 20, 2015
kemotee:

VO:Hi
me:Hi
VO: so where are you going in the states
Me :houston
VO: but you filled michigan on ur online appli..
ME:yes i did, but my relative wont be available at the time i wanna travel, hence change of itenerary
VO:i see
VO: where re you staying in houston
me :hotel ( i gave him my hotel booking)
VO: so what do you do ( where do u work)
me: ( i told him)
VO:what are you going for?
me:vacation and childbirth
VO: i see, ur husband ? what does he do?
me(i told him)
VO: where does he work? can i see his documents?
ME sad i told him and gave him hubbys documents)
VO:can i have you passprt?congrats, im gonna give you a visa
etc

my advice ; ask for GOD's favor,keep your convo straight to d point, have d necessary documents and dont tell LIES

Congrats on this. Very encouraging
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pepeflavor: 10:41am On Feb 20, 2015
pepeflavor:
Hello everyone, i have been a silent reader and this is my first post. i must commend everyone here for their time spent posting useful information for others to learn from. Kudos to you all.

i got my visa early last year and i was not pregnant at the time and no pregnancy related question was asked. i used the visa with my child last year and discovered i am pregnant 4 months after we got back from US. I intend to have my baby in Texas, however my relative stays in another state and i intend to stop there for a week before proceeding to Texas. Please i need advise on my itinerary. Hope they wont start asking why i am not staying with my relative as texas is far cheaper for me in terms of medical cost and i also have a friend to stay with there.

Your advise will be well appreciated.

Please i need your advise ooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 11:17am On Feb 20, 2015
IyawoToBe:
How much does hisgracelodge charge per week abeg?
Just go to the website www.hisgracelodge.com, u will see details of the cost of their rooms
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 11:25am On Feb 20, 2015
malory84:

Yes I can relate. Though my vbac didn't work due to my baby wasn't handling the contractions well. But doctor lyn is really a force to recon with . I also was booked for doctor aun. I guess you used la concierge. Pls let me know how far with the visa.
The Nigerian visa was ready within 4-days I paid ($285 for Visa) and $76 for UPS Return envelope then submitted on Monday and received it on Friday same week...you will need your child US passport, photocopies of you & your husband Nigerian passports and child birth certificate, also include 1-passport photograph of your child. Lastly a consent letter from u & ur husband...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2015
nenih:

@Ezemistic, still waiting for your reply. Please how much did it cost in total? Do they have a package for self paying patients?

Just go to the website www.hisgracelodge.com, u will see details of the cost of their rooms and mobile number to reach the Manager
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 11:29am On Feb 20, 2015
IyawoToBe:
How much does hisgracelodge charge per week abeg?

ust go to the website www.hisgracelodge.com, u will see details of the cost of their rooms
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skelemba: 11:49am On Feb 20, 2015
u can go with urs atleast it has a cost etimate and direction dat u knw where ur family is headed, however, adjust ur budget sheet to accomodate d hotel booking for ur family moresos consider d number of people admitted in d room as it is expected that ur family will b staying with u in one room..so u jst explain dat its d same cost for accomodation...dey will join u wen dey come since u r al applying together
tbaby2015:
morning all,

Please i'd like a clarificatio on this. I'm applying with my fa,ily but going alone first, about 4 weeks before they arrive. We've booked online for reservation but booked just for me since the hotel would not allow for more than a month hotel reservation. Our interview is soon and i'm wondering should we get hotel reservation for my hubby and kids, dated one month after mine or we go with mine alone? Please advice, thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skelemba: 11:50am On Feb 20, 2015
yes it does..., doctors fee, peditrician fee etc

Yankee01:

@Skelemba,
Thanks for responding to me quote.... Pls, is the price u stated;$7-9k; include all charges (eg Hospital bill)?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Fruitilicious: 11:52am On Feb 20, 2015
Thanks FinanceFitness and Skelemba...
Skelemba! God bless you for starting this thread...
You have helped so many people via this thread...
Remain blessed.

skelemba:

Hello Fruitlicious,

Had a similar experience, however, u will need to lodge in a complaint on their portal, alternatively call their call center, that u made an error and u will need to unlock ur receipt to enable u rectify ur error and reapply.

if they insist on u buying another receipt or making another payment, u might need to be persistent...and pray too

u can still use ur own ds 160, but make sure ur are using ur details dis time no ur husbands

support@ustraveldocs.com...send an email to them or ope a case online

all d best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Yankee01: 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
skelemba:
yes it does..., doctors fee, peditrician fee etc

okay then. I have sent him a mail. Thanks for the info. it's really useful.

One more thing pls @skelemba, Do u have idea of any accommodation around the place and the price (cheap one.. smiley)?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tbaby2015: 12:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
skelemba:

u can go with urs atleast it has a cost etimate and direction dat u knw where ur family is headed, however, adjust ur budget sheet to accomodate d hotel booking for ur family moresos consider d number of people admitted in d room as it is expected that ur family will b staying with u in one room..so u jst explain dat its d same cost for accomodation...dey will join u wen dey come since u r al applying together

thanks. however, the room we booked only accomodates one person. We intend to explain that we would change to a bigger room once they come around. I hope that's okay?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bambini: 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
Pls can someone help me wit list of hotels in houston i want to book for my visa. Tnc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bambini: 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
pattyreal:

It's 15mins drive frm dere 2 d hosp. I've nt been dere yet cos ma appt it's 2mao. Bt dats wat oda mamas here said

Hello dear hope ur appointment went well. Wats d cost to n fro from where u stay to d hosp? plss send me der contact or website so i can make a reservation. Mihs isnt picking up can u help us enquire why cos am yet to book my appointment. Sorry for d plenty msg wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 2:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
bambini:
Pls can someone help me wit list of hotels in houston i want to book for my visa. Tnc
Google extended stay Houston, or booking.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 2:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
pepeflavor:

Please i need your advise ooooo

To be on the safe side go to Texas first which is your scheduled POE. You can then go to anywhere else thereafter just to avoid unnecessary interrogation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
Anybody in Methodist Sugarland? My friend is on admission. She is due to deliver today or tomorrow with Dr Zee. Please help me put her in you prayers guys. Wishing all the mothers to be safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skelemba: 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
its better to have d price of d bigger room...ad use it for ur cost estimate when u r doing ur budget...or better till just book for d bigger room to avoid long explanation with the VO, and u can cancel after ward...

my advise is not to even bring up that u are all travelling at different time except he asks, so booking d bigger room gives a clearer picture that u know what u are doing

cheers

tbaby2015:

thanks. however, the room we booked only accomodates one person. We intend to explain that we would change to a bigger room once they come around. I hope that's okay?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 3:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
passionup11:

@DeeandGLady, where on wakanow have u guys seen this cheap TICKETS? I have been on wakanow and have been checking for dates in April thru June and i have been seeing high prices. can you explain on how i to go about it? Thanks

I bought my tkt directly from KLM, LOS to Chicago, 182,200, even cheaper than what is on wakanow. April, May, June prices still under N200k

All I did was book, make transfer to KLM's zenith bank account and got my email ticket in 1hour!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Triax: 3:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
Good Lord!! The dollar is on steroids. N222.5!!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tbaby2015: 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
skelemba:
its better to have d price of d bigger room...ad use it for ur cost estimate when u r doing ur budget...or better till just book for d bigger room to avoid long explanation with the VO, and u can cancel after ward...

my advise is not to even bring up that u are all travelling at different time except he asks, so booking d bigger room gives a clearer picture that u know what u are doing

cheers

Thanks a lot. really appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tbaby2015: 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Triax:
Good Lord!! The dollar is on steroids. N222.5!!

where did u get this rate, mallams i guess... check at Banks, rates seem to drop a bit today. Wish u the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skelemba: 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
hmm chicago is pretty expensive, but the doctor gave me 3referrees of naijas who could sublet from the residence...u could also ask him though.

on the other hand, u could check out accomodation in skokie reasonable distance from his clinic

Yankee01:

okay then. I have sent him a mail. Thanks for the info. it's really useful.

One more thing pls @skelemba, Do u have idea of any accommodation around the place and the price (cheap one.. smiley)?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tbaby2015: 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
Amother4life:
Anybody in Methodist Sugarland? My friend is on admission. She is due to deliver today or tomorrow with Dr Zee. Please help me put her in you prayers guys. Wishing all the mothers to be safe delivery.

I wish her safe delivery by God's grace. Heard Dr Zee is quite friendly... DO you know much about her and what was the total cost your friend paid. Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.