Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,865 members, 7,876,295 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:14 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1390433 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FISLAG: 6:27am On Nov 30, 2013
estrellaycocina:

Birthright citizenship is no longer available in Canada. Just looked it up.

Really? Please can you furnish us with the link so I could read it up, I sincerely doubt if that's true cos I heard of a couple of people who went there to birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toslad: 7:09am On Nov 30, 2013
@Kike100: tnx abunch! U sure will explore the extension option! I intend seeing a doctor by this weekend! Moreover, the Nigerian doctor discovered something during my last scan so I could hinge on that! Tnx a lot again house - will surely let u know hw it goes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollarojo: 9:51am On Nov 30, 2013
toslad: @ Uchetobi and Whole79: tnx for ur prompt responses. Very grateful. I didn't lie that I was preggy neither did I lie as to d number of weeks! I even showed doctor's report. The guy was just being somehow! Anyways, it is beta than being turned back! It wld have bn a wasted 13 hrs and some cool hundreds of thousands in ticket cost! *whew*
I will explore the option of extension and if not take my chances! I neva intended coming to d US in d first instance! I will revert with whatever happens! Tnx again. Still waiting for infor on dr in Chicago!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollarojo: 9:59am On Nov 30, 2013
hey house please what is the best POE into elpaso that is stressfree and less immigration wahala and direct and what airline,because mellisa said Newyork (jfk) and dallas is better and who is going to elpaso between march/april
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Godsbillionaire(m): 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Linet123:

Hi Godsbillionaire,

On sspecie's recommendation, I used Dr. Mbagwu's service. I had my baby 3 weeks ago and if you could send me a message I will be able to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks linet123, I sent you an e-mail please check it out thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Linet123: 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hi Godsbillionaire,

Got your message. Check your e-mail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 10:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
Godsbillionaire:

Ring of God congratulations on the birth of your baby. you said you put to bed in st mary's los angeles, i wanted yo know if its the same hospital as st mary's medical center long beach california?

If it is, what was the cost of delivery if it was straight and the cost of delivery also if it was C.s? I'd also like you to provide me with e-mails, website and phone numbers of the doctor you used or any other correspondence numbers where possible

and finally since you said initially that it (st mary being a catholic hospital, wasn't expensive and later on after delivery you now said you ended up paying more than you budgeted for , i'd like to know if the hospital provided contrary information on their website and you later found out that there where hidden charges or rather if not so if the extra budgeting had to do with complications or longer stay in the hospital.

Please kindly reply thank you

Hey, yes I used st Mary med center in long beach... Doctors fee was 2500... 3500 for cs and hospital fee was 3000 and 5600 for cs.

You pay for anything extra, ultrasound, blood tests etc and that was pretty expensive especially if u do it at the hospital,better to go to outside labs. Thr wer no hidden charges just that I went in for false labour and was admitted for a few hours and the bill came up to over a thousand dollars for just a few hours..so things like that shot my bill up.

You can email Lolita.johnson@dignityhealth.org and tell her to direct you because she has changed her department from admitting but she helped me.ALL D BEST
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
favored gal:

@ringofgod..just in case you missed nikkygal's response to you

Thanx y'all, I actually missed nikkygals response. Jah bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MsOyin: 6:02am On Dec 01, 2013
Hey guys! Touchdown newyork today. POE was JFK. The Officer just asked me how long I would b stayin in d US, told him 4mnths , then he asked what I will b doin for that long and I said I intend to stay back and have my baby so he was like how do I intend payin my bills and I told him I came with some money and that I earlier sent some money over to my sis to save for me. He den said ok and stamped me in for 6months. @babababy please can I have Ur email addy would like to speak with u n private. Thank yoU
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollarojo: 6:27am On Dec 01, 2013
MsOyin: Hey guys! Touchdown newyork today. POE was JFK. The Officer just asked me how long I would b stayin in d US, told him 4mnths , then he asked what I will b doin for that long and I said I intend to stay back and have my baby so he was like how do I intend payin my bills and I told him I came with some money and that I earlier sent some money over to my sis to save for me. He den said ok and stamped me in for 6months. @babababy please can I have Ur email addy would like to speak with u n private. Thank yoU
@msoyin,congrats on d safe entry bt i need to know wot airline u went with also isit direct and how did u get your visa did u apply for birthing purpose also how old is the pregnancy at d point u travelled?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MsOyin: 7:51am On Dec 01, 2013
@lollarojo thanks! Airline was Arik air straight flight from lagos. Got my visa last year , purpose was holiday and I was n d US last year 4 Xmas. Pregnancy is 29wks old.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by todimski: 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hello all
this forum has been fantastic. Please I would appreciate your help
my first birth was difficult and I would like to have my second in the US. I intend to
1. Fill my form declaring that the purpose of my visit is to give birth in the US and then vacation affer.
2. By the time I appear for the interview it will be obvious would also state same when asked. This is to clear any doubt at any POE since it is not illegal to go give birth in the US. Of course I will have handy al necessary documentation and cash.
what are my chances
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozzy2: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
I intend to travel @ 35wks.Pls which of dis POE is advisable
Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport,Washington
Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, Michigan
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by subsidy12: 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hello house, my wife had our baby in Atlanta early this year, her visa dont run out till February 2015. However the info i heard is when a woman is breastfeeding it serves as contraceptives so i just continued to de fire de go. Anyways the short of the story is that she has carried belle again and we intend to use the visa again. I hope they wont raise any eyebrow considering we just had a baby on her first visit and she is back the following year for the same purpose.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ThaGuv: 8:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
todimski: Hello all
this forum has been fantastic. Please I would appreciate your help
my first birth was difficult and I would like to have my second in the US. I intend to
1. Fill my form declaring that the purpose of my visit is to give birth in the US and then vacation affer.
2. By the time I appear for the interview it will be obvious would also state same when asked. This is to clear any doubt at any POE since it is not illegal to go give birth in the US. Of course I will have handy al necessary documentation and cash.
what are my chances

Your chances are very high. I went with my wife last week and told the CO we want to have our baby in the US, that it's been our lifelong dream. She asked for a doctor's letter and we showed her the letter from El Paso. She asked how we were gonna pay for the trip, I showed her my bank letter and statement of account with a figure exceeding the amount stated in the El Paso letter. She gave her 2 years, B1/B2!
She leaves next week for El Paso via IAH. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 10:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
MsOyin: Hey guys! Touchdown newyork today. POE was JFK. The Officer just asked me how long I would b stayin in d US, told him 4mnths , then he asked what I will b doin for that long and I said I intend to stay back and have my baby so he was like how do I intend payin my bills and I told him I came with some money and that I earlier sent some money over to my sis to save for me. He den said ok and stamped me in for 6months. @babababy please can I have Ur email addy would like to speak with u n private. Thank yoU

Hey,good to know you got in safely, swavo2002@hotmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 11:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
subsidy12: Hello house, my wife had our baby in Atlanta early this year, her visa dont run out till February 2015. However the info i heard is when a woman is breastfeeding it serves as contraceptives so i just continued to de fire de go. Anyways the short of the story is that she has carried belle again and we intend to use the visa again. I hope they wont raise any eyebrow considering we just had a baby on her first visit and she is back the following year for the same purpose.

OmG...this is too funny... Hubby and I havnt had sex for about three months now...wow..u wasted no time at all... I doubt it'd be a problem, as long as u paid all ur bills and have ur receipts...u re good to have another child..I might do that as well, havnt decided yet though whether I am ready for another child so soon...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by baby2014: 8:07am On Dec 02, 2013
Babababy: Good morning beautiful people,some good news from my end. My wife put to bed on Thursday 0605 eastern,it's a girl !! Mother and daughter are doing great (natural birth).
They were discharged yesterday Saturday,after two nights at the hospital. The hospital is the same one wckykoff heights medical center , we signed a contract during registration and deposited $5000 ,we were giving a total bill of $6500.

The package included,all the pregnancy test ,two scans,delivery and two days hospital stay.she had a total of 6 antenatal visits,and we paid $50 per visit cash. So technically we have a balance of $1500 to pay, but we were told the account woman wasn't on duty Saturday,so we a expect a bill Monday.

My wife was pretty much happy with the medical attention she got. Let me know if any more details is needed from me. As for me,I will join the mid November, work is just unforgiving at the moment,and I have to hold all my excitement down.

sir,
Congratulation once again, Am highly grateful for your detailed information about your child recent birth in nyc and the hospital detailed but l noticed Wyckoff Heights Medical Center do not provide letter of medical responsibility or required any upfront payment or appointment like Doctoresparati.l want to confirm if it advisable we just print the email conversation we had with the hospital showing the cost of treatment should incase My wife is been question at the poe ..l will be expecting your reply ..thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lasun01: 8:30am On Dec 02, 2013
Any information regarding the best time to go the embassy for the USA tourist visa in case of Pregnancy?I have the financial capacity for the cost of delivery in the USA but i still dont know the reason i should give at the embassy if that is my sole reason for travelling.Please any information will be highly appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by subsidy12: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2013
Can anybody help with d cost of birthing in North Carolina
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2013
Hello @Salawu5, will your wife be having her baby in Indianapolis? if yes, could you please share info on the hospital you will be using and the total cost as my family is in Indianapolis. thanks.
salawu5: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

A good news from here...I got into Houston this morning with Madam Via United Airline and had a serious 3 hours row with the POE who threatened to handcuff me because i was raising my voice. all in all the guys from Doctores Para TI did a good work as they confirmed we are being expected, I was made to pay 300 USD fine for failure to declare prohibited foods like Ponmo and Garlic. The dollars i carried was counted note to note. We are presently chilling in Houston before heading to Indianapolis where Madam we have our baby, Wishing all the intending travellers to the United States a safe trip and Allahs favour and we should try as much as possible to harm ourselves with enough informations as possible.

Thanks to everyone out here for your contributions and criticism.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee: 11:33am On Dec 02, 2013
Hello House,

I have read every page of this thread and i must say its highly educative. I am due next year and i have narrowed down to El paso and MIHS. However i have family in Indianapolis and Pennsylvania and am considering this locations more to avoid boredom of staying alone in El paso or MIHS. Does anyone have info on cheap hospitals in Indianapolis and Pennsylvania. please advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AngelicBola83(f): 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
@Mrs Bee I am aware that St Vincent Hospital Indiannapolis accept around 4k for the use of their facillity and Doc Fee is around 2K5.for Vaginal birth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by firsttimer: 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
there is no time you can go to the embassy, what you need to do is have all your documents with you and just be sincere about your answers. they are human beings like you and they always want people to say the truth I have worked with them for many years, they are very nice and friendly people. I think you should get a letter of medical responsibility from a doctor and possibly your bank statements showing you can afford to pay your medical bills. You may even do pre- payment and get your receipts to show them at the embassy. Please also commit everything to God's hand. All the best brother.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by firsttimer: 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
@ Tha Guv,

I guess we will be in El Paso at the same time with your wife. We intend to stay at intown suites, sure your wife will not be bored. Nenih should be in town by then tho. let us go rock El Paso.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by firsttimer: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
@babababy, @ring of God and others that have given birth, please accept my congratulations msg ooo even tho its coming late. God that has started good things in your lives will continue to do more in Jesus name. To other expecting mothers and my beaufitul wife, I pray God will protect everyone of you, we will hear the sound of the baby and mother in Jesus name. POE will be like us opening the doors to our various houses in Jesus name. We will not be put to shame as we want the best for our children. God is still on the Throne o my lovely people. One Love!!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee: 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ok, thanks. Do i approach the hospital directly or can one go through Doctoresparati? I saw in your earlier post that you have an arrangement with Doctoresparati, could you please expantiate more and share.
AngelicBola83: @Mrs Bee I am aware that St Vincent Hospital Indiannapolis accept around 4k for the use of their facillity and Doc Fee is around 2K5.for Vaginal birth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AngelicBola83(f): 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
I am not @Salawu5 just sharing the information I have.

Doctor Espirati is in elpaso Texas
St vincent is in indianapolis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee: 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Thanks. sorry about the mix up
AngelicBola83: I am not @Salawu5 just sharing the information I have.

Doctor Espirati is in elpaso Texas
St vincent is in indianapolis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Godsbillionaire(m): 12:15am On Dec 03, 2013
ringofGod:

Hey, yes I used st Mary med center in long beach... Doctors fee was 2500... 3500 for cs and hospital fee was 3000 and 5600 for cs.

You pay for anything extra, ultrasound, blood tests etc and that was pretty expensive especially if u do it at the hospital,better to go to outside labs. Thr wer no hidden charges just that I went in for false labour and was admitted for a few hours and the bill came up to over a thousand dollars for just a few hours..so things like that shot my bill up.

You can email Lolita.johnson@dignityhealth.org and tell her to direct you because she has changed her department from admitting but she helped me.ALL D BEST

@Thanks ring of god...will do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 1:51am On Dec 03, 2013
baby2014:

sir,
Congratulation once again, Am highly grateful for your detailed information about your child recent birth in nyc and the hospital detailed but l noticed Wyckoff Heights Medical Center do not provide letter of medical responsibility or required any upfront payment or appointment like Doctoresparati.l want to confirm if it advisable we just print the email conversation we had with the hospital showing the cost of treatment should incase My wife is been question at the poe ..l will be expecting your reply ..thank you

Hi, really sorry this is coming a little late, I missed the post. We didn't get any commitment letter from wyckoff, all I did was to print all the correspondent letter just in case we needed it. The hospital doesn't have history of birth tourism ,so they don't have any special procedure in place for that. But they are pretty much a very descent bunch ,and are ready and eager to help you once you turn up. But if you wana ask Christine , maybe she can write something for you,mix guess it won't be a bad idea.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lasun01: 7:41am On Dec 03, 2013
@Everyone......I found the answers to myriads of questions on my mind, many thanks to the initiator of this post.However i still have some few questions.A bit of background on my issue.
My wife will be due around August, she is a lecturer in Nigeria but now she took study leave to come and visit me in Abudhabi and would likely apply for USA visa from UAE.
1. Does she need to have someone in USA to request visiting visa for her because i intend using Doctoseparti in El Paso?
2. She really wants to get Phd placement in any university in USA?If she is asked about her intention,definitely she will state all these...what is her chances if she does not have someone to request for the visiting visa.As per finance, i will provide her with enough cash for the trip.
PLEASE HELP OUT WITH SUGGESTIONS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.