Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1390295 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favoredgal: 9:39am On Dec 03, 2013
@lasun01..phd placement to work or to study? Either ways a work visa is different from a study visa and both are different from a visiting/ medical visa....dont get it twisted o! Cuz you can be refused for applying for the wrong visa class

I'll advice you to go to the usa non immigrant page and read the classes of visa, the requirement and apply for the one best suited for her case and stick to it...dont miss two or more classes of visa together.

They are very likely to send her back to nigeria to apply from here especially if she is on a visiting visa to abu dhabi..do your research well on this to avoid wasting visa fees

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by firsttimer: 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
@lasun01, your wife's case is a direct one that needs no panic. She should get in touch with Doctorparati, she will pay the $150 and she will get the letter of medical responsibility addressed to the US Embassy in Abudhabi. you of course add your financial capability to the application. you don't have to know anyone before you can travel to other countries. As a matter of fact, they prefer you not have a family because they surely know you will spend more on the accommodation which is good for the economy. All the best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LUBU16: 7:42am On Dec 05, 2013
VERY INFORMATIVE. PLEASE WHO HAS HAD A BABY AT MHIS RECENTLY?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee: 7:44am On Dec 05, 2013
please answer
MrsBee: Hello House,

I have read every page of this thread and i must say its highly educative. I am due next year and i have narrowed down to El paso and MIHS. However i have family in Indianapolis and Pennsylvania and am considering this locations more to avoid boredom of staying alone in El paso or MIHS. Does anyone have info on cheap hospitals in Indianapolis and Pennsylvania. please advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by subsidy12: 9:32am On Dec 05, 2013
MrsBee: please answer
Hello Pensylvennia is termed to be redneck area you are not likely to get any deal less than $15k. Texas, Atl and some other non redneck places your best bet
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by salawu5(m): 11:40am On Dec 05, 2013
MrsBee: Hello @Salawu5, will your wife be having her baby in Indianapolis? if yes, could you please share info on the hospital you will be using and the total cost as my family is in Indianapolis. thanks.

Mrs Bee, So sorry that i am replying you late, My wife will be Using St Vincent Caramel Hospital in Caramel Indianapolis and the ObyGyn assigned to her (Bennett Desadier Dr) has his office at 2020 W 86th Street and he charges 2500 as his own fees while the Hospital Charges 3000 USD for a night and 4200 for 2 nights for normal delivery and 6000 USD for Cesarian, all this amount does not include test fees and pediatrician. What i did in my wife case was to do all the test in Nigeria which is much more cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wunmi38: 1:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
Good day all.
We would be going to the usa embassy on monday along with my wife for our interview for child birth come march next year so I will need every information or assistance from the house because everything I have done so far s as d result of lead from dis trend and we have a letter from doctorepati and I have a savings acct for my wife where I kept over 1M in her account for the purpose of birth and I have a letter from my office for both of us and my statement of account for six month and finally I can get more funds from sales of some of my property by january to add to d investment. All I need is a guide and the prayer of the house as we face the embassy on monday.
Thank you all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by subsidy12: 1:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
wunmi38: Good day all.
We would be going to the usa embassy on monday along with my wife for our interview for child birth come march next year so I will need every information or assistance from the house because everything I have done so far s as d result of lead from dis trend and we have a letter from doctorepati and I have a savings acct for my wife where I kept over 1M in her account for the purpose of birth and I have a letter from my office for both of us and my statement of account for six month and finally I can get more funds from sales of some of my property by january to add to d investment. All I need is a guide and the prayer of the house as we face the embassy on monday.
Thank you all
Just pray 4 God's favour, when i did mine in January this year, i had over 4m in my account but the consulate didnt even look at any document. we were honest about our intention in the USA and we got the visa. my advise is increase what you have in your account just incase they may check, be honest about everything and if God says you will get it then its yours. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wunmi38: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
subsidy12:
Just pray 4 God's favour, when i did mine in January this year, i had over 4m in my account but the consulate didnt even look at any document. we were honest about our intention in the USA and we got the visa. my advise is increase what you have in your account just incase they may check, be honest about everything and if God says you will get it then its yours. Cheers
Thanks so very much I am expecting funds in january and wht we filled in d application is that we intend to have our 1st child in the states and no family to meet we have made reservation @ intown suits I tried getting some family n friends to help out but they are are posting me and since I don't need them more than accomodation issue and I feel God can help out in that regard I have forgottrn about them and pray God grant us our heart desire
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by COJ1484: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello house,

I arrived the US via Lufthansa and my POE was Atlanta. I and my husband were kept in a room for secondary inspection for about 2 hours. Their point was that I didn't state during my interview that I was pregnant and that I only said I was coming for family vacation with my daddy,mum,hubby& myself. We explained to them that at the time of the interview we didn't know I was going to give birth in the US and my hubby even visited the American embassy in Abuja to explain our change of plans.A

And we sent emails to them informing them about the change of plans.we also explained that my folks r still coming over after the birth of the baby. Finally, after looking at the email correspondence and calling my host.they allowed us to go and stamped 6 months entry. They counted our money to ensure that we had enough. It was God that saw us through.though Its not my first time coming to the US but they said that there has been a rise in the number of pregnant women coming to the US for birthing purpose.
I registered yesterday at the southern regional medical center, riverdale. It's 4k for normal delivery and 6k for CS.and other extra bills may apply.

Goodluck to all intending travellers & safe delivery to all mothers.amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by subsidy12: 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
wunmi38:
Thanks so very much I am expecting funds in january and wht we filled in d application is that we intend to have our 1st child in the states and no family to meet we have made reservation @ intown suits I tried getting some family n friends to help out but they are are posting me and since I don't need them more than accomodation issue and I feel God can help out in that regard I have forgottrn about them and pray God grant us our heart desire
Thank you
well in cases like this i put family aside, in my own case i was linked with a single mum in Atlanta who is a Nigerian, i paid $500 monthly for accommodation and feeding and she was really nice, she went as far as taking my wife shopping and taking her to the hospital for her appointment and birth. luckily for us our bills including doctor,hospital bills and pediatrician were less than $5k + the additional $1500 i paid the lady for 3months acommodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozzy2: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
[quote author=COJ1484]Hello house,

I arrived the US via Lufthansa and my POE was Atlanta. I and my husband were kept in a room for secondary inspection for about 2 hours. Their point was that I didn't state during my interview that I was pregnant and that I only said I was coming for family vacation with my daddy,mum,hubby& myself. We explained to them that at the time of the interview we didn't know I was going to give birth in the US and my hubby even visited the American embassy in Abuja to explain our change of plans.A

And we sent emails to them informing them about the change of plans.we also explained that my folks r still coming over after the birth of the baby. Finally, after looking at the email correspondence and calling my host.they allowed us to go and stamped 6 months entry. They counted our money to ensure that we had enough. It was God that saw us through.though Its not my first time coming to the US but they said that there has been a rise in the number of pregnant women coming to the US for birthing purpose.
I registered yesterday at the southern regional medical center, riverdale. It's 4k for normal delivery and 6k for CS.and other extra bills may apply.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozzy2: 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
@COJI484
tank God for journey mercies! I will be coming to atlanta in feb( @ 35weeks) and will be using southern regional also . Was ur pregnancy obvious or u just opened up that you where preganant @ POE?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LUBU16: 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
@ skelemba, where can I go to in d US for childbearing that d cost won't be out of this world?
Will appreciate ur resposse,pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwinnie: 9:45am On Dec 06, 2013
Hi all, av been a silent follower for a month nw and read thru the pages.. Pls am about to apply for visa and I need all the help I can get please... I have a virgin passport, never travelled abroad before. So am purposely goin to the US for delivery. What do I state as my purpose for travelling? And do I need an invite from my relative in US for the application? Also, is it wise to apply with my hubby(though he doesn't ve any travel experience too except for Ghana) Kindly reply cos I dnt ve any experience at all. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 10:33am On Dec 06, 2013
Hello all

Need help, I've been to the US a number of times and was pregnant at the time i processed my last visa renewal. I had planned to disclose but wasn't interviewed as I qualified for the drop box route. So I technically just dropped my passport and picked it 2 days after.

Do you think I may have an issue at PPE? Or should I go back to the embassy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenababe: 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
COJ1484: Hello house,

Hi COJI484,
Congrats that you made it thru the POE.
Please how best can i contact Southern Regional? I hope to use the same hospital and I have sent emails to an address quoted by another forum member, Wemba, but still no reply from them yet. Also, were you given an appointment/medical responsibility letter? i will be most grateful if you can put me thru on how to contact them for birthing purpose too cos my trip will be in Jan most definitely. Thanks

nenababe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenababe: 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
COJ1484: Hello house,

Hi COJI484,
Congrats that you made it thru the POE.
Please how best can i contact Southern Regional? I hope to use the same hospital and I have sent emails to an address quoted by another forum member, Wemba, but still no reply from them yet. Also, were you given an appointment/medical responsibility letter? i will be most grateful if you can put me thru on how to contact them for birthing purpose too cos my trip will be in Jan most definitely. Thanks

nenababe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Rebarobyn: 4:59am On Dec 07, 2013
Finance+Fitness:
Hello all

Need help, I've been to the US a number of times and was pregnant at the time i processed my last visa renewal. I had planned to disclose but wasn't interviewed as I qualified for the drop box route. So I technically just dropped my passport and picked it 2 days after.

Do you think I may have an issue at PPE? Or should I go back to the embassy?

You may have issues but simply make proper arrangements i.e have documented evidence of your contact with doctor and hospital which you'll clearly state you're paying out of pocket. If u can also make some commitment in terms of payment and hold enough cash to show at poe if u r questioned.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LUBU16: 9:05am On Dec 07, 2013
hardeymijuh: @ All,

Has anyone checked on flight fees to EL Paso & Phoenix for Nov/Dec? abi na my system?

Last week, i checked for both El Paso and Phoenix and the fees were $2000+, i just checked now and am seeing $1500+.

Anyway i was expecting that as those periods are already getting to winter and less people travel to the US during that periods.

I no go mind if this price go still go down, trust naija na........

thanks to you all for such wonderful contributions at least now i can narrow my search to el passo n mihs
please i am travelling to either el passo or phoenix in janujary.
still trying to make up my mind between mihs and el passo i am not due till may.
anyone due at about that time so we can plan together?
just worried about the lonliness cos its my first time
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LUBU16: 9:29am On Dec 07, 2013
[quote author=lollarojo][/quote]
MIHS- MARICOPA INTEGRATED HEALTH SYSTEM. finally good to see someone sharing same due month with me. when are u travelling and have u made up ur mind for mihs?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peacenigeria: 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
LUBU16:

thanks to you all for such wonderful contributions at least now i can narrow my search to el passo n mihs
still trying to make up my mind between mihs and el passo i am not due till may.

Ive been to El Paso, cant say enough good things, its all the extras they do to international patients. There are always many patients from Naija in El Paso, Doctoresparati will put you in contact once you are there. You will typically see them on your own since it seems everybody stays at intown suites.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papadebaby: 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
Not a very good news, apparently baby has decided to born in our country and not in the USA. Indeed, during our last visit to the doctor, he advised us to avoid all trip! embarassed Mother and baby’s health have to be preserved after all.

Thank you to all of you (hardeymijuh, Fabulousmom, vivian, Babababy, peacenigeria, etc.) for the support, exchanges etc. ..
I remain available to provide any useful information.

We are processing for the reimbursement of plane tickets. Finally, we were planning to go to El Paso (doctores parati). Melissa was very kind and proactive with all her answers.

It will be for the next baby Inch Allah! wink

@ All
Have a nice week
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollarojo: 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
LUBU16:

@LUBU
i am due in may and already made up my mind for elpaso i plan travelling between february/march tho and i plan stayin at intown suite ....lemme know your plans
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LUBU16: 6:37am On Dec 09, 2013
lollarojo:
@LUBU
i am due in may and already made up my mind for elpaso i plan travelling between february/march tho and i plan stayin at intown suite ....lemme know your plans

@lolarojo, good to know you have decided for el paso.
i really have not been able to make up my mind about el paso and mihs.
if i can have same service for a lesser fee, y not?
what is drespareti address in el paso? it is not on their site, have u found out?
thinking about leaving early february.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Oluwatise2: 10:37am On Dec 09, 2013
papadebaby: Not a very good news, apparently baby has decided to born in our country and not in the USA. Indeed, during our last visit to the doctor, he advised us to avoid all trip! embarassed Mother and baby’s health have to be preserved after all.

Thank you to all of you (hardeymijuh, Fabulousmom, vivian, Babababy, peacenigeria, etc.) for the support, exchanges etc. ..
I remain available to provide any useful information.

We are processing for the reimbursement of plane tickets. Finally, we were planning to go to El Paso (doctores parati). Melissa was very kind and proactive with all her answers.

It will be for the next baby Inch Allah! wink

@ All

Have a nice week

@ Papadebaby, praise God for safe delivery, God knows best my brother. Hope mother and baby are doing great?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee: 11:04am On Dec 09, 2013
@Salawu5, thanks for the explanation. Though am still confused as to if you had anything to do with El Paso because you mentioned them earlier
salawu5:

Mrs Bee, So sorry that i am replying you late, My wife will be Using St Vincent Caramel Hospital in Caramel Indianapolis and the ObyGyn assigned to her (Bennett Desadier Dr) has his office at 2020 W 86th Street and he charges 2500 as his own fees while the Hospital Charges 3000 USD for a night and 4200 for 2 nights for normal delivery and 6000 USD for Cesarian, all this amount does not include test fees and pediatrician. What i did in my wife case was to do all the test in Nigeria which is much more cheaper.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peacenigeria: 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
LUBU16:

@lolarojo, good to know you have decided for el paso.
i really have not been able to make up my mind about el paso and mihs.
if i can have same service for a lesser fee, y not?
what is drespareti address in el paso? it is not on their site, have u found out?
thinking about leaving early february.

You will get it once you enroll. I asked them the same question when I arrived and they said they want to make sure that they can see everybody and that they are not busy with other patients when we arrived, so they leave it out so you have to make an appointment so there are no walk ins. Its actually really good, we had our first child in another hospital and the waiting time was always 2-3 hours. So I guess if you go without an appointment you may be left in the city with no doctor. Its all in their website, once you enroll youll be asked for additional information and given a letter of medical responsability, address and date of your first appointment. BTW, As I said I used other hospitals but I have to say, if you can, go with doctoresparati, definately worth it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by horla: 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
@fabulousmom,
Having read through all the 46 pages of this topic, your breakdown has convinced me on the choice of the hospital you were delivered of your baby boy and would want to conclude arrangement for same ahead of my delivery in March 2014.I want to discuss further with you. My email address is: horlamide@yahoo.com

fabulousmom:

@BnBarbie and Mokeju,

I had my baby in El Paso, and I can boldy tell you that my baby's circumcision is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen so far. Just because of the circumsion, I will choose to have my next boy child there, as it seems most people have complaint about circumcision done by other hospitals in the US.

As for the mode of operation, I have been able to deduce that people have little knowledge about how it is done in El Paso. So I'll be pleased to break it down. Doctoresparati is a service-providing group or team that helps to link patients with obstetricians/gynecologists at a very specific and affordable price and at any stage of the pregnancy, no matter how advanced, as well as help arrange a medical center to give birth to your child in, at an unbelievably low price.

It is no news that most hospitals in the US charge bank-breaking hospital bills and ob/gyn fees, not to mention the fact that you cannot estimate how much your bill will be until after you give birth. It is also an open secret that most ob/gyns will not accept medical responsibility of patients who have advanced past 24weeks in pregnancy. Doctoresparati makes everything easy. They offer the whole package at a minimal fee. (Now I'm beginning to sound like a marketer of doctoresparati. Lol)

After contacting doctoresparati, you will be expected to pay a registration fee of $150 to confirm your intentions of using their services, as well as to book an appointment with an ob/gyn for you. During your stay in El Paso, you will be attending pre-natal clinics at Eastside Women Heathcare Center, where you will be cared for by one of US' best ob/gyns. This hospital is well known to specialize in tourist birth (international patients). The ob/gyn assigned to your care will tell you when you will likely have your baby, as well as tips on how not to incur extra hospital bills. The ob/gyn fee is $2,500 for year 2013.

You will be expected to run some lab tests as stipulated by US law before you have your child. The tests are listed on doctoresparati website. You are however allowed to bring in your test results from nigeria, if you have already done those tests in nigeria (but in my opinion, I think it's cheaper to have it in their lab- it cost me only $222.75 for my tests).

You will be having your baby in a much more bigger hospital, Del Sol Medical Center. Everything from your daily room charge, to the care charge, to the labor and delivery, to the drugs (medication) that will be dispensed throughout your period of admission, to the food you'll eat throughout, to the nursery care of your child, to the test and first immunization your baby will receive at birth, to the lab tests that will be done on you in the hospital, has been included in the hospital bill of $2,700 stated on doctoresparati website for year 2013.

I realized that doctoresparati did me a whole lot of good with the hospital bill at that $2,700, because after I was discharged, I called the hospital to send to me a detailed receipt of payment showing a zero balance (it was just too good to be true, so I wanted to be on the safe side). When I got my receipt/bill, I realized that if I had walked into Del Sol Medical Center without using the services of doctoresparati, I'd have been paying a hospital bill of $10,701.05, instead of the $2,700 deal doctoresparati offered.

The bill went like this:

DEPARTMENTAL CHARGE SUMMARY
DESCRIPTION. AMOUNT($)

Ob/gyn. 1,697.00
Labor & delivery. 5,846.00
Pharmacy. 508.05
Lab-main. 2,650.00

TOTAL CHARGES: 10,701.05
TOTAL PAYMENTS: 2,700.00
TOTAL ADJUST: .00

BALANCE: 0.00

If you are having a boy child, be sure to include your circumcision fee of $170. The pediatrician who will come to check your baby's welfare after the birth of your baby will also charge a fee of $210.

In summary, the prices on the doctoresparati website are reliable and genuine.

As for the processing of documents, that's another long story. I'll allow you digest this first before I bring that up. (What a long story! My thumbs are aching.lol)

I hope this helped you all clarify your thoughts about El Paso and the modus operandi.

ciao.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omohwunmmy: 12:51am On Dec 10, 2013
Hello All,

I got to US on saturday morning via JFK. To d glory of God I didnt have much trouble @ POE but I was delayed for about an hr becos the first officer that attended to me said he cant stamp my passport since I told him I was pregnant and intend to have my baby there. He took d passprt to an inner room where I was asked a couple of questions and stamped 6 months.

Am currently in El paso and had my first appointment with doctoresparati today and am looking forward to meeting others who are coming in.
Plenty thanks to everyone who provided informations.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.