Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1389900 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papyy: 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
@papyy

please guys, has any one used houston northwest medical center in texas for delivery. i urgently need details please,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ewomaoghene: 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
quote author=COJ1484]

Hello everyone,
I got my bi/b2 visa in july and got pregnant in october,I'm thinking of informing the american embassy of my plans to travel for the purpose of giving birth instead of a holiday as I earlier stated.So I do not have issues at the POE.
Please I need the email addy I can send my requestbto and if they respond,what documents will I need.

Also can anyone help with the information for any Cheap and good hospital in Maryland or Omaha.

Ewomaoghene
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Abylycious: 8:50am On Dec 16, 2013
Hello All! You guys have done an amazing job providing information. Well done! I have a few questions and would appreciate help from the house.

I'm due in May, and my visa expires in March. I qualify for dropbox, so I'm going to use that. However, I'm not sure if I should disclose my intention to have a baby in my application. If I do disclose, how much money do we need to prove financial capability?

Also, my husband lives and works in the US on a J1 visa, I work in Lagos, so I don't have any immediate plans to relocate, would this affect my chances of getting a B1/B2 visa easily? Plus it's the first time I'm applying without my family (parents and siblings).

Lastly, does anybody have information about hospitals and doctors in the Boston area? Costs etc.

I would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mokeju(f): 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
Circumsion is $170 @Elpaso

inokino:

baby's birthcert 19$ for 2 copies,
circumcision 500$,
passport 165$ expedited (2 days),
nigeria visa 350 expedited (5 days) 270$ (11days)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Algunano: 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hello House, You guys have done an amazing job. My EDD is on the 13th of June next year, however my visa expires in January. I qualify for Dropbox and I intend to use that for renewal. The difficulty I am having is stating how long I am travelling for in my DS-160 form might raise some questions and they may want to contact me to ask why. What should I do? I have decided to go birth in El Paso thanks to this forum and the many benefits of the doctoresparati package. After reading about the horrors of Houston POE I have decided to go in via Dallas. I am going to pay all medical fees before arrival and I have also made a reservation at In-town suites. What else do I need to have for POE and how much should I take with me? I would really appreciate your response. I intend to travel in April via London. Thanks alot .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Whole79: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
Algunano: Hello House, You guys have done an amazing job. My EDD is on the 13th of June next year, however my visa expires in January. I qualify for Dropbox and I intend to use that for renewal. The difficulty I am having is stating how long I am travelling for in my DS-160 form might raise some questions and they may want to contact me to ask why. What should I do? I have decided to go birth in El Paso thanks to this forum and the many benefits of the doctoresparati package. After reading about the horrors of Houston POE I have decided to go in via Dallas. I am going to pay all medical fees before arrival and I have also made a reservation at In-town suites. What else do I need to have for POE and how much should I take with me? I would really appreciate your response. I intend to travel in April via London. Thanks alot .
you should be fine via Dallas. However, there are people that travelled through that route(London). Fabulous mom for example. You can request for more info from her personally. As per how much you should take with you, I think 5-7k is ok since you said you'll pay your bills in advance. If I may ask, what was your purpose of visit the last time you were in the US and with who?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Algunano: 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
Whole79: you should be fine via Dallas. However, there are people that travelled through that route(London). Fabulous mom for example. You can request for more info from her personally. As per how much you should take with you, I think 5-7k is ok since you said you'll pay your bills in advance. If I may ask, what was your purpose of visit the last time you were in the US and with who?

The purpose of my last visit was vacation and i travelled alone. The previous one before that was also vacation and I travelled alone. I am not married but I am in a serious relationship. The part of the US visa form that asks who is paying for my trip, I am confused wether to write self or Dad. My Dad is the one paying but if I write self for dropbox sake and they ask for my bank acc, the funds in there will not be sufficient o. Thanks for the reply, I'll contact fabulous mum. Many thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Whole79: 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2013
Algunano:

The purpose of my last visit was vacation and i travelled alone. The previous one before that was also vacation and I travelled alone. I am not married but I am in a serious relationship. The part of the US visa form that asks who is paying for my trip, I am confused wether to write self or Dad. My Dad is the one paying but if I write self for dropbox sake and they ask for my bank acc, the funds in there will not be sufficient o. Thanks for the reply, I'll contact fabulous mum. Many thanks.
wow! Seems you won't have a problem then since you've always been travelling alone. However, one cannot be too sure of how those people think. You can just indicate you will be going for vacation as usual and pick the number of days you've always been picking during your previous interviews. Ler your daddy also be your sponsor. You can just add your own peronal account no matter how little the closing balance is. The inflow and outflow of cash is what matters and that won't even count since another person is sponsoring your trip.you should be fine. As far as the embassy is concerned, you are still single and dependent to a certain extent. Don't worry, just be possitive and your dream will be achieved.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 9:00am On Dec 17, 2013
Good Morning all;
Pls what is the best answer to give if asked by a consular officer on the reasons why you wanna have your baby in the united states?
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Whole79: 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
It seems everybody is on holiday here. @ Jyde2014, a lot of reasons you can give @ the embassy when asked about your intention. The main reason is that Perinatal motality rate is so high in nigeria and you cants risk the life of your unborn child. This is caused by lack of advanced medical facilities and equipments such as a baby's heartbeat monitor among others. just make sure you have enough money to back up your point.you also need prayers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by inokino: 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
lollarojo: @inokino
thanks alot when u say u applied at thier office did u mean post office or which also can i get d agent details
thanks alot
Sorry for d late response, was busy prep to return to Nig.
I went to the USA home office not agent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by COJ1484: 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hi guys,
You can send an email to the us consulate either at Abuja or Lagos. Their email address is on their website. Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollarojo: 7:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
COJ1484: Hi guys,
You can send an email to the us consulate either at Abuja or Lagos. Their email address is on their website. Good luck

when u sent the mail did they respond?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollarojo: 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
inokino:
Sorry for d late response, was busy prep to return to Nig.
I went to the USA home office not agent.
ok thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ThaGuv: 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
jyde2014: Good Morning all;
Pls what is the best answer to give if asked by a consular officer on the reasons why you wanna have your baby in the united states?
Thanks.

I told them it's been my lifelong dream and when I got married, I discussed it with my wife and we discovered we had the same aspirations. We then set up an account for that purpose and started contributing towards it. I think that saves you the explanation about poor medical facilities here, and your financial statements.
Good luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
Tha Guv:

I told them it's been my [b]lifelong dream [/b]and when I got married, I discussed it with my wife and we discovered we had the same aspirations. We then set up an account for that purpose and started contributing towards it. I think that saves you the explanation about poor medical facilities here, and your financial statements.
Good luck!

And what if they ask why it is so important to you that it became a life long dream?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ThaGuv: 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
Phema:

And what if they ask why it is so important to you that it became a life long dream?

Well, they didn't ask me. And I didn't say mine was the best answer; I only stated what I told them. Others can contribute their experiences and whoever is going for the interview can take a piece of this and a piece of that for his/her own response. I think they just wanna see sincerity in your response.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
Tha Guv:

Well, they didn't ask me. And I didn't say mine was the best answer; I only stated what I told them. Others can contribute their experiences and whoever is going for the interview can take a piece of this and a piece of that for his/her own response. I think they just wanna see sincerity in your response.

Gotcha! Thanks wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wurdz: 10:28am On Dec 19, 2013
@Jyde, i think the main thing is the sincerity and as ThaGuv said, there is no "one size fits all" answer to the question. For my wife and I, we simply said that we need better medical services for my wife and the baby, not wanting to risk anything cos of the high mortality rate in Naija...and the dude was fine with that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Whole79: 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
@all, what is happening with MIHS, so many of us are waiting for the testimonies of the users there to make our own decisions. I am sensing a lot of aspiring users have pot to el paso. Please update us phoenix mums.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
Thanks everyone.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 3:30am On Dec 20, 2013
Tha Guv:

dey asked me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 3:35am On Dec 20, 2013
ozycy: dey asked me
I told d vo dat due to d nature of my job, I manage my hubby's company and I will keep working until d day I will give birth of which am suppose to be on vacation before I give birth and after I ve given birth, d vo was really impressed as she was seriously nodding her head while I was talking after which she said" dats understandable " meanwhile I ve been a silent reader here since my visa was denied and yesterday I got it yeah. It's all by GOD'S grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LUBU16: 4:26am On Dec 20, 2013
Whole79: @all, what is happening with MIHS, so many of us are waiting for the testimonies of the users there to make our own decisions. I am sensing a lot of aspiring users have pot to el paso. Please update us phoenix mums.

well, i have been wondering the reason most people are tilting towards el paso considering te fact that the cost at MIHS is much lesser. i placed a call to mihs and was made to understand that the cost is just as it is on their site. i was still doubtful so i had a personal chat with someone on tis forum who had been there personally and got the same response.so mihs here i come. also i think people tilt towards el paso becos of te fact that they respond to mails and will give you certain documents you can tender at the POE. i think there is another way through it and that will only cost $150 more which is fine by me. for me, phoenix here i come in february.
good luck guys.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by estrellaycocina: 10:38am On Dec 20, 2013
LUBU16:

well, i have been wondering the reason most people are tilting towards el paso considering te fact that the cost at MIHS is much lesser. i placed a call to mihs and was made to understand that the cost is just as it is on their site. i was still doubtful so i had a personal chat with someone on tis forum who had been there personally and got the same response.so mihs here i come. also i think people tilt towards el paso becos of te fact that they respond to mails and will give you certain documents you can tender at the POE. i think there is another way through it and that will only cost $150 more which is fine by me. for me, phoenix here i come in february.
good luck guys.

I also chose El Paso because I checked both places rating with the links someone provided. El Paso is ranked among the best in the country and MIHS among the worse. And when I contacted both places the response i got was also very different in both. I was very impressed with El Paso and recommend it to everybody that is looking for the best service at a very low price. God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kingsdaughter: 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
estrellaycocina:

I also chose El Paso because I checked both places rating with the links someone provided. El Paso is ranked among the best in the country and MIHS among the worse. And when I contacted both places the response i got was also very different in both. I was very impressed with El Paso and recommend it to everybody that is looking for the best service at a very low price. God bless

Ranked among the best and worst?? can you provide the websites from which you arrived at such conclusions?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by firsttimer: 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hallos everyone, how are we all preparing for the xmas? May God bless us all in Jesus name. We are doing great here in El Paso, the weather is awesome even though we are in December, the shopping has also been great, the bargain has been superb. It has been everyday shopping because the stores are walking distance from Intown suites. They are doing buy one get two free grin. Carters is doing 60% off and you earn $10 for every $50 you spend in the store. We have been going out together, having fun, helping each other and I am planning all day outing for all mothers to-be this Saturday. Will try to post pictures. Wishing everyone Merry Xmas and Happy new year in advance. One Love.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenih: 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
firsttimer: Hallos everyone, how are we all preparing for the xmas? May God bless us all in Jesus name. We are doing great here in El Paso, the weather is awesome even though we are in December, the shopping has also been great, the bargain has been superb. It has been everyday shopping because the stores are walking distance from Intown suites. They are doing buy one get two free grin. Carters is doing 60% off and you earn $10 for every $50 you spend in the store. We have been going out together, having fun, helping each other and I am planning all day outing for all mothers to-be this Saturday. Will try to post pictures. Wishing everyone Merry Xmas and Happy new year in advance. One Love.

@Firsttimer, ah i didnt hear of this saturday outing o. Hope you are not forgetting me at my end ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peacenigeria: 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
king's daughter:

Ranked among the best and worst?? can you provide the websites from which you arrived at such conclusions?

I saw that too. Its on this thread and also on a link from doctoresparati website. The website is HealthGrades.com. But there are other websites too. At the clinic they have all kinds of awards as well and they tell you about it during the orientation. All the doctors are also among the best in country. They have yearly awards from bestdoctors. Great medical service and awesome group of people. Plus, as someone is mentioning above, there are so many people from Nigeria that you get to hang out together!

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.