Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,613 members, 7,975,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 01:39 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1406783 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wale4me: 8:31am On Jan 01, 2014
Thank GOD IT A NEW YEAR!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollarojo: 10:04am On Jan 01, 2014
LUBU16:
Hi lollarojo,I will be travelling in March. What's up?

Wishing everyone here a happy new year.
oh good then we can plan together or meet at elpaso as i wld be leaving from portharcourt..happy new year
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozzy2: 10:44am On Jan 01, 2014
@ lollarojo,
I am due in March but will leave for Elpaso in Feb. I live in abia state and will be leaving from PH. Let keep in touch.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LUBU16: 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2014
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#770077][/color]
hello house,

this is wishing us all a very happy new year

any new babies in the house? i say welcome

to the expectant mothers, it is going to be smiles and laughter all the way.

to the would be daddies....more greese to your elbow.

warm regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LUBU16: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2014
lollarojo: oh good then we can plan together or meet at elpaso as i wld be leaving from portharcourt..happy new year

which airline are you looking at and whats the current fare...and poe?
happy new year again. thank God we made it here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LUBU16: 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2014
@ lollarojo, even tho i av paid d registration to el paso, i am intending to use maricopa.(mihs)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babysykes: 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
ozzy2: @ lollarojo,
I am due in March but will leave for Elpaso in Feb. I live in abia state and will be leaving from PH. Let keep in touch.
please what airline do u intend using and how much?I'm to leave by the beginning of february?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peacenigeria: 6:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
LUBU16: @ lollarojo, even tho i av paid d registration to el paso, i am intending to use maricopa.(mihs)

I strongly discourage that. My own sister lost her visa that way. When she didnt show up I think Doctoresparati has to report you because of the letter they sent which makes them responsable for you. My sister recieved a call from Immigration while still in the US they were going to deport her because of her arrival times and she couldnt prove that she did not lie since she didnt have plane tickets to El Paso. They did not deport her because of her later stage of pregnancy but her visa was taken and has been denied since. I think her punishment is only for 10 years but she has to ask for a pardon and its not guaranteed she will be pardoned. Do not risk this, its not worth it. Besides, you will see you will get more than your money 's worth at Doctoresparati. Just like they do with the letter which no one else does the same, the whole service is tailored to international patients.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozzy2: 6:30pm On Jan 01, 2014
@babysykes
I have not booked yet, but is either going to be Lufthansan or Airfrance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Alemo50: 7:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
I am traveling to El Paso with my family of four (i.e. myself, my pregnant wife, and my two kids). However, when I wanted to book for intown suites, the website has allowance for 2 adults and only one kid. So what will happen to my other kid if I go ahead and book?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollarojo: 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2014
ozzy2: @ lollarojo,
wow dats good send ne ur email so we can connect..also if ure due in march healthwise will u be fit to fly that far?mayb u shud check with your doctor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollarojo: 8:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
babysykes: please what airline do u intend using and how much?I'm to leave by the beginning of february?
im yet to book my ticket as im still skeptical abt where my poe will be due to d stress but doctor roldolfo adviced i use dallas or jfk..also im paying ob/gyn fee of $2500 to them b4 d end of this week also booking the intown suite also this week..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollarojo: 8:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
peacenigeria:

I strongly discourage that. My own sister lost her visa that way. When she didnt show up I think Doctoresparati has to report you because of the letter they sent which makes them responsable for you. My sister recieved a call from Immigration while still in the US they were going to deport her because of her arrival times and she couldnt prove that she did not lie since she didnt have plane tickets to El Paso. They did not deport her because of her later stage of pregnancy but her visa was taken and has been denied since. I think her punishment is only for 10 years but she has to ask for a pardon and its not guaranteed she will be pardoned. Do not risk this, its not worth it. Besides, you will see you will get more than your money 's worth at Doctoresparati. Just like they do with the letter which no one else does the same, the whole service is tailored to international patients.
@peacenigeria i strongly believe u have a point,..
@Lubu i feel if u wont be using elpaso its best you inform them before hand so they fix whatever is yet to be damaged also they can cancel your appointment with them its best you face mihs and you sure can ask for a letter from them for d purpose of poe..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozzy2: 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
@ lollarojo,
hollalot@yahoo.com. Well, i am just trying to avoid direct flight from ninja becos of POE wahala. But i will still check with my doctor though i have had a smooth pregnancy so far.
Is the flight to dalla direct? And what Airline is that?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favoredgal: 11:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
peacenigeria:

i am sorry but i have to completely disagree with you here. she was probably denied and banned because she dint pay her bills complete or overstayed her visa or for some other reason which she has not disclosed to you guys. how did immigration get her US no anyways or was this wahala at POE...

you are legally allowed to change your mind, change your hospital, change your location self due to varying circumstances such as your pregnancy becoming high risk, new hosts, etc. its not a crime or a reason for deportation or a 10 YEAR BAN.

@Lubu just make sure you call to cancel your appointment, pay your bills complete at MIHS and keep your reciepts and also dont overstay your visa. you should be fine
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by chiomy8: 12:28am On Jan 02, 2014
Hello guys,I just joined this forum & thought I should share my own experience.first everyone on this thread has being awesome,I got all the tips I wanted on dis thread,how to answer US visa questions & researched alot on d internet and everything paid off with serious 21 days fasting & dressed smartly,wit all smiles.God did it.I am currently in d US precisely California because of their lovely weather with my two kids.i wld b due in march,we flew via lufthansa in dec to avoid unnecessary port of entry wahala,stoped at Frankfurt then L.A,on arrival I bought this oversized winter jacket from balogun market in lagos,d officer at d point of entry didn't find out about my pregnancy and d kids helped to distract him a little,my luggages where not checked at all & I had loads of food stuffs,except palm oil. I have gotten a very affordable hospital here,dey accept test from nigeria and lots more.I rented an apartment as staying wit dis American relatives aint funny,especially wen u ve kids with u,but d number one killer of the whole thing is boredom,they all work so hard & dont ve time to really want to take u around unless dey re on their off days.above all every other thing is great.pls expectant mums avoid point of entries dat are known for harsh treatment.wishing everyone coming good luck & a happy new year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by solidhomes: 12:53am On Jan 02, 2014
zanyzara: @solidhomes

Try Dr La 281 589 0156 and Dr Gilbert G Sayegh 281 496 2496.

Zany.

@Zany, thanks again. I have called Dr. Gilbert Sayegh and got an appointment fixed for the 9th of January. His fees are:

1. Normal delivery - $2000
2. Prenatal visit - $320
3. Ultrasound - $150
4. Other tests - $275
5. Postpartum - $160
6. Hospital fees - $2500

Total is $5405. He uses WHMC too.

The Nigerian doctor I got from the St. Catherine Hospital website is cheap too:
1. Normal delivery - $1920
2. Initial visit - $300
3. Hospital fees - $2150
4. Laboratory - $240

Total is $4610, but there are other charges like $500 for circumcision and $800 for Anaesthesia. Spending extra 2 days in the hospital will also cost $380.

I would have preferred the Nigerian doctor but he uses Oakbend Medical Centre and I heard it's far from where I am staying (over one hour drive). Anyway, I'll see Dr. Sayegh on the 9th and make my decision.

And off way please, Richmond, Texas has been cold and very boring, especially because I have to depend on my host to move around. No buses and cabs are few and very expensive. It's beginning to feel like prison day after day. Are there people in the house who are around Richmond, Texas? Maybe we should form our own El Paso Birth Club here o.

Happy new year to us all. It will be a year of the manifestation of God's goodness in every area of our lives.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by solidhomes: 1:45am On Jan 02, 2014
chiomy8: Hello guys,I just joined this forum & thought I should share my own experience.first everyone on this thread has being awesome,I got all the tips I wanted on dis thread,how to answer US visa questions & researched alot on d internet and everything paid off with serious 21 days fasting & dressed smartly,wit all smiles.God did it.I am currently in d US precisely California because of their lovely weather with my two kids.i wld b due in march,we flew via lufthansa in dec to avoid unnecessary port of entry wahala,stoped at Frankfurt then L.A,on arrival I bought this oversized winter jacket from balogun market in lagos,d officer at d point of entry didn't find out about my pregnancy and d kids helped to distract him a little,my luggages where not checked at all & I had loads of food stuffs,except palm oil. I have gotten a very affordable hospital here,dey accept test from nigeria and lots more.I rented an apartment as staying wit dis American relatives aint funny,especially wen u ve kids with u,but d number one killer of the whole thing is boredom,they all work so hard & dont ve time to really want to take u around unless dey re on their off days.above all every other thing is great.pls expectant mums avoid point of entries dat are known for harsh treatment.wishing everyone coming good luck & a happy new year.

You are so right about how they work and the attitude of our so-called Naija relatives living in America. It's been really really boring here. And I wish my hubby had refused when his friend (whom he last saw 13 years ago) offered me accommodation and said I should not rent an extended stay apartment. I've been here 3 weeks now and I've had to put up with all sorts of rude statements.
When I complained about cold few days ago, my host's wife said I was weak and asked if I was sure my mother bathe and massaged my body with hot water when I was a baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenih: 3:31am On Jan 02, 2014
solidhomes:

You are so right about how they work and the attitude of our so-called Naija relatives living in America. It's been really really boring here. And I wish my hubby had refused when his friend (whom he last saw 13 years ago) offered me accommodation and said I should not rent an extended stay apartment. I've been here 3 weeks now and I've had to put up with all sorts of rude statements.
When I complained about cold few days ago, my host's wife said I was weak and asked if I was sure my mother bathe and massaged my body with hot water when I was a baby.

@solidhomes, you really made me laugh. Anyway its just for a few weeks.

Regarding moving around, have you tried to google public or bus routes where you are staying? I also had same issues with getting around when i arrived Elpaso (purely residential area unlike Inhouse suite which is in the center of a lot of places)and my host to the best of her knowledge didn't even know buses exist in Elpaso. Google Maps had to be my best friend searching for bus routes and i found out that there are actually buses though not frequent. It could make your journey longer, but at least far better than depending on others to move around or paying so much for cabs. I move around now mostly with the buses and its not as bad as i thought initially. You could try this and see if it works for you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Alemo50: 6:19am On Jan 02, 2014
chiomy8: Hello guys,I just joined this forum & thought I should share my own experience.first everyone on this thread has being awesome,I got all the tips I wanted on dis thread,how to answer US visa questions & researched alot on d internet and everything paid off with serious 21 days fasting & dressed smartly,wit all smiles.God did it.I am currently in d US precisely California because of their lovely weather with my two kids.i wld b due in march,we flew via lufthansa in dec to avoid unnecessary port of entry wahala,stoped at Frankfurt then L.A,on arrival I bought this oversized winter jacket from balogun market in lagos,d officer at d point of entry didn't find out about my pregnancy and d kids helped to distract him a little,my luggages where not checked at all & I had loads of food stuffs,except palm oil. I have gotten a very affordable hospital here,dey accept test from nigeria and lots more.I rented an apartment as staying wit dis American relatives aint funny,especially wen u ve kids with u,but d number one killer of the whole thing is boredom,they all work so hard & dont ve time to really want to take u around unless dey re on their off days.above all every other thing is great.pls expectant mums avoid point of entries dat are known for harsh treatment.wishing everyone coming good luck & a happy new year.

Pls what is the name of the very affordable hospital, and how affordable? What kind of apartment did you rent (eg 2 bedrooms) and how much was the rent?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babysykes: 6:35am On Jan 02, 2014
lollarojo: im yet to book my ticket as im still skeptical abt where my poe will be due to d stress but doctor roldolfo adviced i use dallas or jfk..also im paying ob/gyn fee of $2500 to them b4 d end of this week also booking the intown suite also this week..
ok,I will check for airlines on dt route.I also intend paying d bills to try and reduce the amount I hav to declare at the POE. I booked the intown suite last week,the beautiful thing is they don't require cards for the booking but again I hope it doesn't mean my booking isn't guaranteed.keeping my fingers crossed though and looking forward to meeting the elpaso family
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babysykes: 6:44am On Jan 02, 2014
solidhomes:

ure so right! I hav stayed with relatives during my previous visits to the us and now that I'm preg and ready to give birth,I decided to rent @ intown suites because I need my sanity
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by solidhomes: 7:38am On Jan 02, 2014
nenih:

@solidhomes, you really made me laugh. Anyway its just for a few weeks.

Regarding moving around, have you tried to google public or bus routes where you are staying? I also had same issues with getting around when i arrived Elpaso (purely residential area unlike Inhouse suite which is in the center of a lot of places)and my host to the best of her knowledge didn't even know buses exist in Elpaso. Google Maps had to be my best friend searching for bus routes and i found out that there are actually buses though not frequent. It could make your journey longer, but at least far better than depending on others to move around or paying so much for cabs. I move around now mostly with the buses and its not as bad as i thought initially. You could try this and see if it works for you.

My sister, it's not funny o, especially when in order to beat PoE I came in at 26 weeks. You see that I still have a long way to go. And my hosts constantly insinuates that their house is the best place I can stay here. I really need to come up with a way to keep my sanity.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by solidhomes: 7:44am On Jan 02, 2014
babysykes: ure so right! I hav stayed with relatives during my previous visits to the us and now that I'm preg and ready to give birth,I decided to rent @ intown suites because I need my sanity

See, ehn, this is another matter entirely. We should open another thread for it because I'm sure lots of people will have stories to share. I wish I had insisted on not feeling comfortable with staying with my hubby. My story is more complicated because I am due end of March, then add the extra 6 weeks I'm supposed to stay after delivery. Like my people will say, "my own don meet me". I need to look for a way to keep my sanity too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 02, 2014
favored gal:

i am sorry but i have to completely disagree with you here. she was probably denied and banned because she dint pay her bills complete or overstayed her visa or for some other reason which she has not disclosed to you guys. how did immigration get her US no anyways or was this wahala at POE...

You are legally allowed to change your mind, change your hospital, change your location self due to varying circumstances such as your pregnancy becoming high risk, new hosts, etc. its not a crime or a reason for deportation or a [b]10 YEAR BAN.[/b]

@Lubu just make sure you call to cancel your appointment, pay your bills complete at MIHS and keep your reciepts and also dont overstay your visa. you should be fine

I thought so too. Changing one's mind about where to go shouldn't be illegal except there are other underlying issues.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favoredgal: 11:24am On Jan 02, 2014
solidhomes:

My sister, it's not funny o, especially when in order to beat PoE I came in at 26 weeks. You see that I still have a long way to go. And my hosts constantly insinuates that their house is the best place I can stay here. I really need to come up with a way to keep my sanity.

26 wks is early o! I think 32-34 wks is more ideal. That way you do 6 wks before and 6 wks after or 8 wks before and 4 wks after
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 11:42am On Jan 02, 2014
peacenigeria:

Hello @peacenigeria,I would have to disagree with you on this issue. A ban of ten years can be incurred through several methods, but I am yet to hear about a change of destination for a B1/B2 visa as being a reason. Student visa's like M1 and F1 usually carry destination specific ,and it would be annotated on the visa the state and school the student should be. My thinking is maybe your sister wasn't having the right class of visa?

@chiomy8, good to hear about you trip. Happy new year everyone and God speed in all endeavors
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 1:15pm On Jan 02, 2014
Good afternoon all,
Pls mothers in the house and intending mothers who are already in the United States; Kindly help us with the tests that can be carried out in Nigeria and the ones that are compulsory in the United States. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by letilex: 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
hello my namesake i also im goin to give birth in LA SOMETIME IN APRIL but i wud be stayin in california cos dats where my fam is and icudnt get a cheap place in california so i opted for LA so which hosp are u plannin to givin birth in n where exactly in california is d place n how much are u payin my family stays in richmond CA so wud stay with them for sometime before leavin thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by letilex: 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
lollarojo: oh good then we can plan together or meet at elpaso as i wld be leaving from portharcourt..happy new year
hi happy new yr pls which ariline is dat cos i leave in port n im plannin to leave feb or march n pls when buyin ur return ticket wat time interval did u put ie did u give a duration of 2 weeks or wat in between ur to n fro thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LUBU16: 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
peacenigeria:

I strongly discourage that. My own sister lost her visa that way. When she didnt show up I think Doctoresparati has to report you because of the letter they sent which makes them responsable for you. My sister recieved a call from Immigration while still in the US they were going to deport her because of her arrival times and she couldnt prove that she did not lie since she didnt have plane tickets to El Paso. They did not deport her because of her later

stage of pregnancy but her visa was taken and has been denied since. I think her punishment is only for 10 years but she has to ask for a pardon and its not guaranteed she will be pardoned. Do not risk this, its not worth it. Besides, you will see you will get more than your money 's worth at Doctoresparati. Just like they do with the letter which no one else does the same, the whole service is tailored to international patients.

Thank you very much for this information I will look into it

The thing is at d visa interview I said I was going for vacation with a cousin who stays at phoenix Arizona naim dey fear me o as I was hoping to go in through phoenix

Or what do u pple think
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Alemo50: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2014
LUBU16:

Thank you very much for this information I will look into it

The thing is at d visa interview I said I was going for vacation with a cousin who stays at phoenix Arizona naim dey fear me o as I was hoping to go in through phoenix

Or what do u pple think

You need to write the consular office in Lagos or Abuja and inform them of your change of plan. They will reply you that you should among other things have the financial wherewithal. You will then need to print out the mail and use it to prove at the point of entry that the embassy has been informed. This was what I did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (402)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.