Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,029 members, 7,880,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:18 PM

The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men (13769 Views)

Hypocrisy of men claiming Alpha male online. / 10 Times Nigerian Men Married Foreign Women. / Noxolo Mampa, The South African Lady Who Bashed Nigerian men Finally Apologized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
Aswear this thread mad ,,ano think say e go last like this oo,,,cheesy
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Magnoliaa(f): 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
CosmicPhoenix:
I have never seen you talk about it anywhere or maybe I missed it somewhere

You've not seen me shared posts, argued (with hawlfas, especially) and michellekabod?

You definitely missed it...
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Magnoliaa(f): 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2020
Gerrard59:

You are a feminazi, so I am not surprised by your outbursts. I have come across you ilks on Twitter. I am here to tell you that I am not the cause of your frustration. Take it elsewhere.

Unam ikot!

Sure... But I can pour it on whoever I will, when/how I want it...

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by bukatyne(f): 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
Theslumflower:
I will forever advice women to make their own money and be independent. Let your husband know you can do three times what he does when it comes to money.

From the above comments and ones from the thread, it's all about finances. Kill that financial gap and see how everything changes. They won't try it if they respect you because they know you will 100% thrive on your own and this is 21st century, there are hundreds of learned men who will marry a good, hardworking, pretty divorcee lady. Don't let Nairaland fool you.

As of the one up talking about bride price. Nobody forced you to pay. That one concern you and her kinsmen. Funny enough, how much wey you pay sef grin

Women have so much power. Some just haven't realized it yet, which is sad.

I've seen women that their hubby cheat on their faces and they won't say or do nothing SMH, thereby aiding the act. Definition of giving yourself no singlee value as a lady

Be a financially free woman from your husband and see how things turn around. Like they say, money stops nonsense.

How many 'financially independent' women would leave cheating husbands?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by pocohantas(f): 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2020
Marry a man that has sense, conscience and empathy. He mustn’t be muslim or christian, Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa... He should just be sensible enough to process his actions humanely. He would make mistakes, but he would never bask in them.

There are not up to 17 single (eligible) ones in Nigeria currently. So, goodluck finding them. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Korllami007: 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Men can also be said to be hypogamous, your argument goes both ways in fact. They go for women they are richer than in order to subjugate them.One can infer from your post that the majority of men deliberately get married to women who are of lower financial status than them, it also supports my statement that when these women get financial breakthrough and earn more then their husbands, the husbands feel emasculated and misbehave.

WTF did I just read?
This one doesn't know the meaning of hypergamy and hypogamy.
The guy is talking about men marrying women that are lower in status and financially. You are talking about financial breakthrough of women in marriage.
How does it even correlate? grin

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by bukatyne(f): 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2020
angelfallz:

Nice side stepping.

grin cheesy

This thread is strangely providing comic relief despite its subject.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by bukatyne(f): 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
angelfallz:

its not because of bride price. in countries like the USA where men don't pay bride price, don't the men still cheat?

When I see 'it's because of bride price', I wonder.

Indians pay dowry yet their men are not much different from 'Nigerian' men.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
FearlessOG:

Lol!!! I can now see and understand why you chose to restrict the premise of your argument to “just one example.” Superficially, it seems to lend credence to your argument and perhaps, may make sense to you. When examined deeply though, it fails woefully to establish cogency. There’s a very good reason there’s something called a “weight of evidence approach.” Otherwise, anyone can just come up with an assertion/hypothesis, provide one or, at most, two examples, then give themselves a pat on the back for a job well done.
Weight of evidence approach indeed!If I did not put that link there, someone like you would have called for my head, now the evidence is staring you right in the eyes and you're bringing up 'weight of evidence approach'.It must be tiring having to defend nl Alfa males.Now, did some males on that thread justify cheating or not?This is not an assertion but a fact.Some DID justify cheating.
Secondly, the link you provided does not necessarily do justice to your argument, since, as a couple of commenters have rightly noted in this thread (including one with a screenshot for proof), there were also lots of comments from men that condemned cheating in that thread. Furthermore, it is imperative to realize that continuous back and forth between a few monikers with dissenting opinions on a subject matter, thus stretching the thread into several pages, is distinctly different from a preponderance of one gender wholly supporting one specific opinion/school of thought. Learn the difference between the two!!!
What does the 'some', my starting word on this thread stand for then?Let's not forget that the amount of likes they got is directly proportional to the number of those that agree with them.
When you say that “the instances where females are the oppressors are few and far between” are you again referring to just one specific example? And what is your definition of oppressors? It’ll be important to know these, before I even reply to that statement, so you do not start “side stepping” again, as one Nairalander accurately put it.
'Oppressor' in the context in which I used it refers to the men haters. And I was referring to your first counter claim(number 1, remember?)
Your comment – “these females are almost always tackled (even by other females)” – goes both ways. And permit me to state boldly that there are actually fewer instances where females tackle other females. But I’ll make it even more interesting – In threads with the most vile, hateful, and misogynistic comments from some men, there is no shortage of other men who are tackling them. In threads with the most vile, hateful, and man-hating comments from some women, it is a rarity to see other females tackle their own. A quick example that is very common on Nairaland: When a man makes a downright degrading comment about women, there are other men (and definitely women) that tackle him and apply that same comment to his mother/sister/female relatives. On the contrary, would you be kind enough to show me a thread on Nairaland where a woman makes a downright degrading comment about men, and other females (not men) tackle her and apply that same comment to her father/brother/male relatives? I’ll gladly wait…
Funny how you make outrageous statements without backup (evidence) and try to invalidate my claims despite the evidence.You are the one trying to prove this delusion, the onus is on you to provide evidence.The way you're going about this, one would think I disputed that there are no nl misandrists.Everyone would agree however that there are far too much misogynists on nl compared to them as evidenced by their silly comments.
Talking about comments being hidden/reported, it also goes both ways. In fact, the last instance of this scenario that I witnessed was a female that reported a male on a “SARS-related thread” and the male’s comments were hidden. This happened just a few days ago. I have chosen not to mention the monikers involved. Do not even dare think that reporting/hiding of comments is a one-way-street.
Of course it goes both ways.
Lastly, would you be “honest with yourself” (using your own words) and kindly address the irony that the title of your thread (The Hypocrisy of Nigerian Men) is actually a generalization on its own?
Thank you.
I wondered how getting a taste of your medicine would feel.Kindly note that 'you' and 'your' do not refer to yourself directly but the hypocrites in question.

Would you please try to keep your replies short as they're getting quite lengthy.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by bukatyne(f): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
StarScream95:
Every single one of you bloody humans are hypocrites, you'll always defend what's favourable to you, hear wtf guys are saying and don't get me started about what girls will say if it was the other way round.
I hate human beings

Eleyi le gidigan grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
Korllami007:

WTF did I just read?
This one doesn't know the meaning of hypergamy and hypogamy.
The guy is talking about men marrying women that are lower in status and financially. You are talking about financial breakthrough of women in marriage.
How does it even correlate? grin
If you must throw shades, at least do it intelligently.What do hypergamy and hypogamy mean?
When men marry poorer women(hypogamy), they do it because they want to subjugate these women.They are the major decision maker in that family because of the financial capability and they tend to relegate their wives to housekeeping roles.This is going by Gerrard's logic which is sometimes true.And I argued that when such wives start to earn more, their husbands may feel emasculated because their major power(money) over their wives will be minimal and that could lead to disgruntlement and subsequently misbehavior. Do you need an example to fully grasp this?

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Silentgroper(m): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2020
fati2001:

AS I SAID EARLIER === UR BRAIN ACCESSORIES ARE LOCATED AROUND UR PELVIC AREA.

GUY KEEP DISPLAYING YOUR STUPIDITY IN THE NAME OF DISSING OR CATCHING FUN.

I'M USING CAPITAL LETTERS SO THAT YOU CAN READ MY LINES CORRECTLY.
Gaddem!! I cant believe i read ur post with ease 4 d 1st tym. This calls 4 celebration
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Silentgroper(m): 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2020
fati2001:

LAME!

THAT'S WHY I SAID YOU AND SENSES ARE ENEMIES.

CLEARLY EDITED VERSION OF MY COMMENT.... YOU NEED TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT...

IF YOU WANNA EDIT... DO IT PROPERLY PLS.
Mods. She types in all caps nd ntin is being done abt it. If to say na man nw
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Zabiboy: 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2020
Lordfave98:
I won't agree with everything you just said, well it's true no woman would want to enter a home where they would bear much or any responsibility but some marry their spouse even knowing they are better than him for the sake of love, even believing that the guy has a bright future ahead of him and later go on regreting ever entering such home because the potential they saw in him didn't manifest leading to them bearing the bulk of the responsibilities in the family. I have witnessed such upfront in several families which sometimes leads to strife in the family.

@ bolded is in the category of the man being in a tough situation..
Also,
Aside being fools,
The woman deserves to be slapped if she comes out to lament about being the one bearing the finacial burden..
Why?
Because No sensible man would get married when he hasnt gotten his financial, emotional and other areas of his life in order...
Meaning she married a baby Adult with the hope that what happens in Nollywood would happen to her angry
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
Lemme still reserve my comments,,,,,grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by FearlessOG: 4:02pm On Oct 13, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Weight of evidence approach indeed!If I did not put that link there, someone like you would have called for my head, now the evidence is staring you right in the eyes and you're bringing up 'weight of evidence approach'.It must be tiring having to defend nl Alfa males.Now, did some males on that thread justify cheating or not?This is not an assertion but a fact.Some DID justify cheating.
What does the 'some', my starting word on this thread stand for then?Let's not forget that the amount of likes they got is directly proportional to the number of those that agree with them.
'Oppressor' in the context in which I used it refers to the men haters. And I was referring to your first counter claim(number 1, remember?)
Funny how you make outrageous statements without backup (evidence) and try to invalidate my claims despite the evidence.You are the one trying to prove this delusion, the onus is on you to provide evidence.The way you're going about this, one would think I disputed that there are no nl misandrists.Everyone would agree however that there are far too much misogynists on nl compared to them as evidenced by their silly comments.
Of course it goes both ways.
I wondered how getting a taste of your medicine would feel.Kindly note that 'you' and 'your' do not refer to yourself directly but the hypocrites in question.

Would you please try to keep your replies short as they're getting quite lengthy.

Your point is moot. If some males justifying cheating on that thread proves your assertion, then some other males condemning cheating on that very same thread disproves your assertion. And if the amount of likes that they got is directly proportional to the number of those that agree with them, then it is my pleasure to inform you that as at the time of typing this response, the highest number of both likes and shares on that thread is 353/19, coming from the moniker “thesicilian” who condemned cheating, and even went further to point out that, irrespective of where it happens, cheating is cheating. If you like, you can go ahead and add the number of likes for those that supported cheating and compare it with the number of likes for those that condemned cheating. The choice is yours!!!
I love the fact that you specifically said that I make outrageous statements without backup. Here’s for starters – I do not even need to start littering this thread with links, simply because some of my assertions are literally evident within this thread itself. Here’s an example - this comment: “MEN.... I MEANT ZOOGERIA HEGOATS THAT ARE HIDING UNDER THE GENDER MALE ARE SENSELESS, THEY ARE MANY ON NAIRALAND.... THEY KNOW THEMSEVELS” was made by the moniker “fati2001 (f)” on page 1 of this very thread. This thread is currently on page 7 and not one female has called out that comment or tackled her, despite the fact that many females have commented on this thread. Not even you who is supposedly trying to point out double standards. On the contrary, there have been momentary back and forth arguments between male monikers with dissenting views of females on this very thread. If I have to start putting up links to prove my claims, it’ll literally be an “overkill.”
You haven't disputed that there are no Nairaland misandrists - this statement is true. You also haven't pointed out or called out any Nairaland misandrists - this statement is also true.
I also love the fact that you agree that comments being hidden/reported goes both ways, despite the fact that when you mentioned it initially, you only stated it from the context of males reporting females.
You still haven’t addressed the fact that the title of your thread is actually a generalization of Nigerian Men. I’ll give you credit though, because you specifically made a clarification by using the phrase “some men” in the actual write-up. That does not, however, negate the fact that your title is still a generalization.
Lastly, it very strange, and dare I say, uncanny, that you are actually trying to suggest to me what the length of my replies should be. Do you realize that you can decide to reply with a lengthier post? You can decide to reply with one word or even one letter (K)? You can even choose not to reply at all – your options are literally numerous. But specifically suggesting to me what the length of my replies should be is an entirely different ball game altogether. In local parlance, “I cannot can” cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fati2001(m): 4:08pm On Oct 13, 2020
FearlessOG:

Your point is moot. If some males justifying cheating on that thread proves your assertion, then some other males condemning cheating on Here’s an example - this comment: “MEN.... I MEANT ZOOGERIA HEGOATS THAT ARE HIDING UNDER THE GENDER MALE ARE SENSELESS, THEY ARE MANY ON NAIRALAND.... THEY KNOW THEMSEVELS” was made by the moniker “fati2001 (f)”

YES THEY KNOW EMSEVELS.

I didn't generalized!

so what up in writing this?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 13, 2020
virginprincess:
Don't mind them, exactly while i said 95% of nairaland men are senseless.

What

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
I can see some cowards on my thread.I dare you to quote me if you have the guts.Don't asslick my dears, it's not healthy.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fati2001(m): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
virginprincess:
Don't mind them, exactly while i said 95% of nairaland men are senseless.

what do you expect from a country called " ZOOGERIA " ?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fati2001(m): 4:18pm On Oct 13, 2020
MhisTahrah:
I can see some cowards on my thread.I dare you to quote me if you have the guts.Don't asslick my dears, it's not healthy.

Girl calm down.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by FearlessOG: 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2020
fati2001:

YES THEY KNOW EMSEVELS.

I didn't generalized!

so what up in writing this?

Lol!!! Whether you generalized or not is beside the point that I made. I used it as an example to buttress my claim that females rarely ever call out other females that make disparaging comments about men, whereas men do call out other men that make disparaging comments about women, in response to MhisTahrah's claim that I was making outrageous statements without backup (evidence) tongue
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fati2001(m): 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2020
FearlessOG:

Lol!!! Whether you generalized or not is beside the point that I made. I used it as an example to buttress my claim that females rarely ever call out other females that make disparaging comments about men, whereas men do call out other men that make disparaging comments about women, in response to MhisTahrah's claim that I was making outrageous statements without backup (evidence) tongue

IS THAT ALL?

lolz, ur post is funny.

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Theslumflower: 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2020
bukatyne:

How many 'financially independent' women would leave cheating husbands?
I said something there about giving yourself value as a lady. A woman that values herself and her sanity will.

First time might be a mistake. Cheaters will always be cheaters. But multiple times? Which she is aware of but still chooses to stay? Is definition of aiding disrespect to yourself.

Kids aside though.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by FearlessOG: 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2020
fati2001:

IS THAT ALL?

lolz, ur post is funny.

Lol!!! Cat got your tongue? tongue
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fati2001(m): 4:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
FearlessOG:

Lol!!! Cat got your tongue? tongue
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2020
FearlessOG:

Your point is moot. If some males justifying cheating on that thread proves your assertion, then some other males condemning cheating on that very same thread disproves your assertion. And if the amount of likes that they got is directly proportional to the number of those that agree with them, then it is my pleasure to inform you that as at the time of typing this response, the highest number of both likes and shares on that thread is 353/19, coming from the moniker “thesicilian” who condemned cheating, and even went further to point out that, irrespective of where it happens, cheating is cheating. If you like, you can go ahead and add the number of likes for those that supported cheating and compare it with the number of likes for those that condemned cheating. The choice is yours!!!
Obviously we still have some right thinking people on this section.It doesn't DISPROVE the fact that some excused cheating married men, just shows that some don't subscribe to their biased views.It is also interesting to see that the 2nd most liked comment on that thread is by kekereekun with 347 likes and there was no single word of condemnation from him.It is quite disturbing to see so much congregated stupidity in that comment.

I love the fact that you specifically said that I make outrageous statements without backup. Here’s for starters – I do not even need to start littering this thread with links, simply because some of my assertions are literally evident within this thread itself. Here’s an example - this comment: “MEN.... I MEANT ZOOGERIA HEGOATS THAT ARE HIDING UNDER THE GENDER MALE ARE SENSELESS, THEY ARE MANY ON NAIRALAND.... THEY KNOW THEMSEVELS” was made by the moniker “fati2001 (f)” on page 1 of this very thread. This thread is currently on page 7 and not one female has called out that comment or tackled her, despite the fact that many females have commented on this thread. Not even you who is supposedly trying to point out double standards. On the contrary, there have been momentary back and forth arguments between male monikers with dissenting views of females on this very thread. If I have to start putting up links to prove my claims, it’ll literally be an “overkill.”
Well, I didn't see any male quote that zini guy with his '100% of threads created by girls on nairaland are bullshit' comment and the damnniggar dude with his defence of the hypocrites either.
You haven't disputed that there are no Nairaland misandrists - this statement is true. You also haven't pointed out or called out any Nairaland misandrists - this statement is also true.
I also love the fact that you agree that comments being hidden/reported goes both ways, despite the fact that when you mentioned it initially, you only stated it from the context of males reporting females.
I believe nairaland misandrists didn't actually start out as misandrists.They got tired of defending and calling these alfa males out so they started launching their own attacks on the male gender in retaliation. I can remember a time on this nl when females were attacked for airing their views on sex-related matters.Take a stroll to the sexuality section and compare the male and female ratio.
You still haven’t addressed the fact that the title of your thread is actually a generalization of Nigerian Men. I’ll give you credit though, because you specifically made a clarification by using the phrase “some men” in the actual write-up. That does not, however, negate the fact that your title is still a generalization.[/quote[ I did actually.It is in revenge.
[quote]Lastly, it very strange, and dare I say, uncanny, that you are actually trying to suggest to me what the length of my replies should be. Do you realize that you can decide to reply with a lengthier post? You can decide to reply with one word or even one letter (K)? You can even choose not to reply at all – your options are literally numerous. But specifically suggesting to me what the length of my replies should be is an entirely different ball game altogether. In local parlance, “I cannot can” cheesy
You have kept your posts largely devoid of personal insults, i spotted some carefully sheathed polite ones but I ignored.It will reflect badly on me should I have ignored.
I think it is even stranger that this moniker was registered in January with zero posts till I created this thread and the first thing you decided to do is counter my thread, but then I have no control over your actions.

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2020
fati2001:

Girl calm down.
Asslickers digust me.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Magnoliaa(f): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2020
FearlessOG:

You were making sense oh. And treading in the right direction...

Don't start making claims that goes against everything you've been saying since morning about hypocrisy with this...

There's no 'rarely' and 'more' and 'never' here. Women excuse their genders; women bash their genders.
Men excuse their genders; men bash their genders.

There's no case of (who does it) more or less here. Keep it at that (energy).

Or unless, you'll be guilty of being more biased towards your gender...

And you used females/men? undecided I'll take offense at that. Why?? (P.S: Iz MY *anger and offense*)

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
What a brutal,, interesting,,,,funny,,,,savage,,, and somehow educative thread,,,,,grin grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Korllami007: 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
MhisTahrah:
If you must throw shades, at least do it intelligently.What do hypergamy and hypogamy mean?
When men marry poorer women(hypogamy), they do it because they want to subjugate these women.They are the major decision maker in that family because of the financial capability and they tend to relegate their wives to housekeeping roles.This is going by Gerrard's logic which is sometimes true.And I argued that when such wives start to earn more, their husbands may feel emasculated because their major power(money) over their wives will be minimal and that could lead to disgruntlement and subsequently misbehavior. Do you need an example to fully grasp this?

This is just okoto. The main discussion between the guy that quoted you is who marry up between men and women? Before you see a man that wants to marry a woman that's richer than him, you would have seen 500 women that want marry a man than richer than them. Men subjugation is another discussion entirely, it's not hypogamous.
All your arguments in this thread have been flawed by some people because your arguments are illogical.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2020
Korllami007:

This is just okoto. The main discussion between the guy that quoted you is who marry up between men and women? Before you see a man that wants to marry a woman that's richer than him, you would have seen 500 women that want marry a man than richer than them. Men subjugation is another discussion entirely, it's not hypogamous.
All your arguments in this thread have been flawed by some people because your arguments are illogical.
If you had any iota of common sense, you'd know not to butt in conversations halfway and spill trash. This thread is addressing some male folks double standards on cheating in marriage.Gerrard buttressed damnniggars statement about how financing the family tips the scales in men's favour and I countered that there are some women who carry the major share of responsibilities in marriage but are often underappreciated.How does hypergamy correlate with infidelity and double standards?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

This Busty Model Is On A Mission To Get The World's Fattest Vagina (Graphic Pix) / Marriage, Virginity And Sex: My Experience During Youth Service / Twelve Clues To Spot H0’RNY Women Instantly *and Take One Home*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.