Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

Should One Worry About Another Man's Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should One Worry About Another Man's Religion? (531 Views)

Dangers Of Sleeping With Another Man’s Wife / Don't Worry About The Wicked Or Envy Those Who Do Wrong. / "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should One Worry About Another Man's Religion? by manosteel(m): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2011
Many believe that religion is a thing of the mind and a personal thing. I strongly believe that religion should be a personal relationship between one and his personal God or his Creator, which shouldn't be someone else problem, considering the fact that many of us are in one religion or the other which we did not choose. Take for instance, my grand father was an idol worshiper, he served arusi, a wooden god made from iroko. My father worshipped idol too but later got converted to christianity, which means that i was born into a christian home and authomatically i became a christian by birth. This can not be said of my friend Abdul, his father Malam Salisu is a muslim and my friend was born into a muslim home,and no surprise he is a muslim today. One of my colleagues at work, Krishna, an Indian, worships snake and cow and other gods, should he be blamed or judged by anyone? Is it fault of his? His grand father was a Hindu, he worshipped snake and cow till dealth, his father followed suit, and now he himself. In conclussion, instead of judging one another because of ones religious affiliation, we should only do our best, be the best we can and allow God to judge.
Re: Should One Worry About Another Man's Religion? by obowunmi(m): 9:04pm On Mar 06, 2011
Our relationship with God is personal --- anything else is religious hocus pocus
Re: Should One Worry About Another Man's Religion? by Pukkah: 10:34pm On Mar 06, 2011
I don't begrudge others on the basis of their religion to the extent that they don't use it to disturb me;e.g. Reckless use of loud speakers, blocking of roads, etc.

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Of The Messiah / Numerous Quranic Flaws. / What Is Your Own Experience On Thanksgiving Days:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.