Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,112 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:10 AM

The Secret Of The Messiah - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Secret Of The Messiah (533 Views)

1 Reason Jesus Isn't The Messiah / Rahab The Harlot Is NOT In The Lineage Of The Messiah...proof! / Jesus Prophesied and Warned: Paul is False Prophet/Messiah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Of The Messiah by yommyuk: 9:50pm On May 22, 2011
Throughout the gospel of Mark, Jesus tells others – those he healed or raised from the dead, the disciples who recognised him as the Christ, and the demons who had a correct understanding of his true identity, not to reveal his identity

Mark 1: 44
Don’t tell anyone about this. Instead go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy. This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.

Mark 3:11-12
And whenever those possessed by evil spirits caught sight of him, the spirits would throw them to the ground in front of him shrieking, “You are the Son of God!” But Jesus sternly commanded the spirits not to reveal who he was

Mark 5:43
And the girl, who was twelve years old, immediately stood up and walked around. They were overwhelmed and totally amazed. Jesus gave them strict orders not to tell anyone what had happened and then he told them to give her something to do.

Why did Jesus command those he healed and those who knew his true identity to keep his healings and identity secret? The answer involves the Roman authorities would have responded to an extremely popular preacher who proclaimed the arrival of God’s kingdom, performed marvellous miracles and healings, and openly allowed his followers to call him Israel’s long awaited King and Messiah .  The Roman authorities would not tolerate such a situation and would immediately seek to suppress such a movement. This was not God’s intended purpose for mankind. The time for God to reveal Jesus Christ as the Lion of Judah has not yet come. In Jesus Christ mind that would have meant “WRONG TIMING”.

Yes! Jesus did acknowledge to his disciples that he was  the Messiah, but he never intended to conquer Rome. I am of the opinion that Christ had greater plans for Rome to use it as a platform to launch Christianity to the Gentiles and world at large.

How did Jesus go about it then?

Jesus taught about the Kingdom of God in PARABLES.

Mark 4:10-12
Later, when Jesus was alone with the twelve disciples and with the others who were gathered around, they asked him what the parables meant.
He replied, “You are permitted to understand the SECRET OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD. But I use parables for everything I say to outsiders, so that the scriptures might be fulfilled.
When they see what I do, they will learn nothing. When they hear what I say, they will not understand. Otherwise, they will turn to me and be forgiven.

Christ aim was to minimize the excitement created by his miracles to conceal his presence at times from the people and to also conceal his teachings from outsiders.

What was Jesus aim then?

Jesus came “to give his life as a ransom for many”. Not to lead the nation of Israel in rebellion against Rome. A great lesson for all believers that in as much we are obligated to surrender our will to God, we are not to be rebellious towards those in government, leadership and authority.

I put it to you, the Lamb and Light of God can never be hidden under a table but must be put on a hill for all to see. The Gospel of Mark acknowledges the “greatness of Jesus Christ”.

CONCLUSION

To us who have witnessed and experienced the healing touch of Jesus Christ cannot help but proclaim what he had done for us. That is why we are to proclaim Jesus true identity to the world and make it clear that he is indeed the Messiah, the Son of God, and the Lord over nature, disease and death
Let us say a big AMEN to that.

God bless wink
Re: The Secret Of The Messiah by patrick45(m): 10:33am On May 23, 2011
Amen. God bless you too.

(1) (Reply)

East Coast Americans Least Likely To Believe In God / Wonderful! Selling Of Gospel Cds In Awokpa Joint. Lol / Worship In The Body Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.