Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,972 members, 7,873,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

Needs Help On My Face - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Needs Help On My Face (1485 Views)

Recommend A Good Facial Cream/moisturizer For My Face. / I Have Black Spots On My Face, Pls Help! / What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Needs Help On My Face by Rereloluwa: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2007
hello, my wedding is by the end of next month, ineed help on my face, i have an oily face with pimples and blackspots. could any one help me on what to use on my face cos i want to look good on that day.
Re: Needs Help On My Face by whiteroses(f): 8:31am On Jun 25, 2007
eeyah, are you out of nigeria, then go and buy the clearasil facial treatment they have different types buy the quick and fast blemish removal it weorks within 24 hours, if you are in nigeria i cant think of any product that will help but maybe they is concealer in nigeria just find out meanwhile use virging facial cream i know it's in nigeria and it works but the original version is very rare the market is full of fake that just bleach the face and worsen the pimples so try and get the original in chemist and supermarket it will make a difference. good luck.
Re: Needs Help On My Face by omoge25(f): 11:00am On Jun 25, 2007
you might want to invest in a makeup artist, do a test run with them before you special day and see how they can make your face not shine too much on your wedding day. If not like whiteroses says it depends where you are located.

You can use a makeup primer before you put on your make up, it will keep your makeup looking good throughout the day and also control the shine shine. Also blotting paper, helps control shine and oil.

As for the pimples its propably because of stress abi? your wedding is fast approaching. You can use Clearasil it worked for me, it drys the skin alittle though, if you cant find it try and get a product with atleast 2% Salicylic Acid, this is the key ingredient in most acne medicines/product

Getting rid of blackspots will be hard to do in less than a month. Me sef i've been working on it for over 6months now and the results are not even drastic. you might just want to get a good waterproof concealer to use so through sweat, dancing what ever it will still stay on.
Re: Needs Help On My Face by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2007
i think a complete makeover would be a good idea, these is usually very effective. but also depends on where you stay. as said above, try getting the help of a good makeup artist, also for an oily face try using face moisturizers, these helps a lot to keep your face fresh and reduce the oiliness from your face.
Re: Needs Help On My Face by PTBNaija(f): 11:13pm On Jun 26, 2007
For the oil, get face powder (the type that soaks up oil, the only one that I know of in particular is MAC). Another thing is Mary Kay Oil Mattifier, that works wonders!

With the spots, try to get a really good cleanser, meant for acne prone skin. If you tend to get the pus-filled type, then don't go for facial scrubs (anything with microbeads is a no NO!). When you get the cleanser, make sure you use it morning AND night. Do not ever go to bed with make-up on your face. That is just asking for trouble. If you can get tea tree oil, that's really good for your face in my opinion. Like another poster said, products with salicylic acid are great, I would also recommend products with benzoyl peroxide.

(1) (Reply)

30 Things Every Man Should Have By 30 / Why Don't Women Just Not Put Anything On Their Face? / Fashion And Tailoring Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.