Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,237 members, 7,880,892 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:43 AM

#endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says (1043 Views)

Don’t Think Like People Who Can Sell Their Own Father For Money - Reno Omokri / Muslims Observing Prayers Block Traffic Road In Sapele, Delta State. / #ENDSARS: I Don't Think It Is Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by moscobabs(m): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2020
Internet entrepreneur and founder of Nairaland, has condemned the blockade of major roads in the country by #EndSARS demonstrators.

Oluwaseun disclosed this on Monday;

I don't think it's wise for ‪#EndSARS‬ protesters to block traffic. The struggle against armed forces brutality will be long and hard. You can't keep the poor from earning their daily bread for much longer without losing their support,” he said.

While some of his followers hailed him for the post, many kicked against it, saying the blockade was for the benefit of the ‘poor people’.

“Who are the protesters fighting for, the rich? Do you know what you’re talking about? Do you think the rich cares? If the poor cannot sustain this momentary displeasure how do they combat poverty?Working for penury all their lives? Please redirect, except you’re part of the prob,” a Twitter user wrote.

“Block everywhere....na this I don't care attitude put us for this one so....some people think because they have not been harrasssed its none of their business...this is not just an ‪#EndSARS‬ protest its ‪#EndBadGoveranceInNigeria‬ ....‪#EndSARS‬ is just a starting point,” another user wrote.

@adekemitog wrote, “We re fighting for the poor people invariably. Most of the celebrities in the fore front of this fight can afford basic amenities. It's this same poor people that the govt is using to rig and vote during election. So let's all suffer now so they won't be poor in future.”

@JattoDaniel said, “He raised a valid point, the protests should move to the nodes of the economy where the big men(who can effect change) benefit.
Inconveniencing common people who may not understand the underlying long-term benefits of the protests may make their support wane, we need the numbers.”

Nigerian youth have taken to the streets for more than one week now, calling for reforms within the Nigeria Police Force.

Although Mohammed Adamu, Inspector-General of Police, has announced the disbandment of the SARS and the creation of the Special Weapon and Tactics team as a replacement, the youth have insisted on a total reform of the police as well as better welfare for citizens.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/19/endsars-i-don%E2%80%99t-think-its-wise-block-traffic-nairaland-founder-says-nigerians-react

1 Like

Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by etrange: 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lol... This same Seun? Why is he not sharing his views onhere so that other platforms can quote Nairaland too?

OP, this better not be fake news cause you won't only get banned, all the threads you've created since the day you joined the forum will be deleted and people from your hometown will be stopped from accessing Nairaland including the generations unborn. grin

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by Tunex252(m): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2020
Wait oooo, is this oluwaseun of nairaland shocked
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by Righteousness89(m): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2020
So this is Seun, the CEO of Nairaland..
You are Blessed my Brother..
I Pray For the Salvation of your Soul in Jesus Name..
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by GeneralStan(m): 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
Dude looks funny... Talks funny too

1 Like

Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by saheedbadmus(m): 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
Seun is right though You can't keep the poor from earning their daily bread for much longer without losing their support,” he said.
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by KoleDgreat2020(m): 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
I support your view 100 percent
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by Amotolongbo(f): 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2020
saheedbadmus:
Seun is right though You can't keep the poor from earning their daily bread for much longer without losing their support,” he said.
The fact is that, if the protest materializes and the agitation granted, these same poor people will benefit more.
The fight is for the poor, not the rich. The poor are suffering. The suffering and hardship continues more if there is no protest for change. Enduring this short moment of hardship won’t kill them and it is a process of alleviating their suffering.

1 Like

Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by Amotolongbo(f): 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
So this is Seun, the CEO of Nairaland..
You are Blessed my Brother..
I Pray For the Salvation of your Soul in Jesus Name..
Does he need your blessing?
Bless yourself first
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by babyfaceafrica: 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
Too much sense... When hunger nack people, the protest will loose steam..... How can you protest Ms stop people from earning? Covid-19 lockdown never finish sef
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
He made valid points though, I support his statement
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by Baiser(m): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2020
Abegi!! Poor people are already suffering.

We have to choose between temporary or permanent suffering.
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by PureGoldh(m): 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2020
Local man is just speechless
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by babyfaceafrica: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2020
Baiser:
Abegi!! Poor people are already suffering.

We have to choose between temporary or permanent suffering.
so they should suffer more? Do you know what poor people have gone through this year alone.. Job loss, slash salaries due to Covid-19?
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by puremaker7(m): 3:39pm On Oct 19, 2020
Seun my padi
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by div111(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Does he need your blessing?
Bless yourself first

Are u single coz I like what I'm seeing shocked shocked
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by SalamRushdie: 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2020
This Nairaland CEO look like a serial
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by Blackmoran(m): 3:44pm On Oct 19, 2020
one lesson I learnt from this protest drama is that Nigerians are so good in making things complicated, we have a way of turning something running smooth and make it rough....
the protest started so well and was going smoothly not until they started blocking the highway and major roads, what is the logic of doing that? its just a matter of time before majority of the supporter of this protest start turning there back at it and people with different agendas start popping up.

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by tobechi74: 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2020
His opinion
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by anigbajumo(m): 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2020
He is talking sense, how will u stop people from going to their place of work, it's nothing but total nonsense... They are just making life difficult for average business men, they should block the airport, road to NASS or Aso rock, they are cripple someone business because of protest you and I know that it might not yield a positive outcome, most of the demand of EnDsaRz are met or are u trying to impeech the president?? Not in this country, make buhari finish his tenure and all youths work things out and put a reasonable and educated person there... Stop people from going for their businesses is wickedness. Am also an advocate of EnDsaRz but their no need for further distraction since the ultimate motive #Endsarz av Met.

1 Like

Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by Miracle2020: 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
There is no reason why road should be blocked. The protesters know where to meet the big men.
Go to the governor office, the national assembly, the state assembly, stadium. Aso villa, etc.
Why blocking people that are husling? You fighting against brutality but you are brutalizing others. Why?

1 Like

Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by seborrhic: 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2020
Nonsense.
No wonder he doesn't seem to innovate after establishing the one time most influential and most visited forum in Africa.
No true positive change comes cheap.
Lives and businesses suffer collateral damage,but the future is the end not today.
The struggle of these youths today is not as per what they would gain immediately,or even a few years time,but that when they eventually become adults,they would not suffer the kinds of deprivation many adults have been suffering through their youthful years and now in the latter years of their lives.
Since 1999 at least,but actually going back the years of Buhari 1st tenure and Babangida tenure, Nigeria has been run to the ground.
SARS is just the embodiment of the rot in the total fabric of Nigeria.
If people don't suffer some inconvenience now,how will they appreciate the essence of the struggle and victory if it comes?
If labor were to be organizing a protest,can Seen or anyone tell them not to disrupt those going on their private businesses?
Damn no!
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by gudia3933: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
is right though You can't keep the poor from earning their daily bread for much longer without losing their support,” he said.
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by Baiser(m): 7:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
so they should suffer more? Do you know what poor people have gone through this year alone.. Job loss, slash salaries due to Covid-19?

Because people in govt dont care.
Did Covid affect Legistlators salaries?
Should we eat the corn we should plant, because we are hungry?
Naa today people dey hungry?

See, we are not protesting well, the politicans are not feeling it.

Look at ASUU... For more than 15 years, strike upon strike... Nothing.
If it doesnt affect them politicans, it doesnt concern them.
Re: #endsars: I Don’t Think It's Wise To Block Traffic, Nairaland Founder Says by babyfaceafrica: 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2020
Baiser:

Because people in govt dont care.
Did Covid affect Legistlators salaries?
Should we eat the corn we should plant, because we are hungry?
Naa today people dey hungry?

See, we are not protesting well, the politicans are not feeling it.

Look at ASUU... For more than 15 years, strike upon strike... Nothing.
If it doesnt affect them politicans, it doesnt concern them.
how does blocking of road stop politicians?

(1) (Reply)

The Tenure Nigerians Will Never Forget (photo) / ... / Merry Christmas To My Christian Brothers And Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.