Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,996 members, 7,931,437 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:39 AM

Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists (5743 Views)

Yoruba Groups Support Biafra, Asks FG To Release Kanu / APC Asks FG To Account For $800m Fund / Archbishop Of Jos Defends Gays, Asks FG To Stop Punishing Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by yarodin: 12:35am On Mar 10, 2011
abadaba:

Totally irrelevant. Deal with the thread title and stop foaming craaaap from your mouth.

These people and their double talking never cease to amaze me. They fought to keep Igbos in Nigeria, now they will support us if we try to break away? Fa Fa fa fowl, we not going to fall for that bullcrap.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by T9ksy(m): 12:50am On Mar 10, 2011
yarodin:

These people and their double talking never cease to amaze me. They fought to keep Igbos in Nigeria, now they will support us if we try to break away? Fa Fa fa fowl, we not going to fall for that bullcrap.

Does that mean you have burnt your biafran passport then?  grin

abadaba:

Totally irrelevant. Deal with the thread title and stop foaming craaaap from your mouth.

Its obvious (after 50yrs) that the FG ain't absorbinbg your  phocking brilliant biafran scientists.
So instead of constantly whinning, wtf are you guys gonna do about it?
Help your scientists and by so doing develop your region instead of contributing towards the development of the regions of those you love to hate.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by yarodin: 1:03am On Mar 10, 2011
T9ksy:

Does that mean you have burnt your biafran passport then?  grin

Its obvious (after 50yrs) that the FG ain't absorbinbg your  phocking brilliant biafran scientists.
So instead of constantly whinning, wtf are you guys gonna do about it?
Help your scientists and by so doing develop your region instead of contributing towards the development of the regions of those you love to hate.

Biafran passport ke?  I believe and support one Lagos Nigeria, wentin concern me with Biafran passport.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by ekubear1: 1:09am On Mar 10, 2011
Isn't it a little too late? 40 years ago, this would have been wise. But now. . . what do they have to offer?
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by jason123: 1:12am On Mar 10, 2011
eku_bear:

Isn't it a little too late? 40 years ago, this would have been wise. But now. . . what do they have to offer?

The leadership then was without vision. Those scientist could have been an asset to our nation (that is, if they do not betray the country undecided ). But all said and done, we have to move on, abi? Most of the people and leaders that fought the stupi.d war are dead yet the new generation is having headache over it. Can you imagine?
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by LoveKing(m): 2:29am On Mar 10, 2011
Ibo Men dem sef. Always looking for new plot to make some quick bucks. wink
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Pointnoire(m): 4:23am On Mar 10, 2011
Necessity is the mother of creation they say , just what did this scientist create that was new or was not based on a known Platform,the one and only self propelled missile  ever built during the war was a failure as it came crashing into the spectators,or is it it the ogbunigwe which was a contraption made of Gun Powder and pieces of broken bottles and metals detonated by a burning fuse the best the scientist did in terms of Manufacturing a Rifle was scratching off serial numbers grin not a single bullet for a gun of that era was manufactured by the Biafrans 50 years later you ask for them to be absorbed,Into which Agency ?i am sure the Youngest amongst them should be like Seventy years Old embarassed
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by bankol18(m): 7:23am On Mar 10, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Dont mind that dimwit with all his yeye claims.the large majority of ibos in lagos are concentrated in lagos slums.go to Ajegunle and badiya and you'd understand what i mean.
u Arrow stop exuding ur stupidity here, Igbos dwell in slums ke abi more like dirty yorubas who dwell in god-forsaken slums and stir their worthless soup with same brooms they use to sweep the gutters.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by bankol18(m): 7:27am On Mar 10, 2011
LoveKing:

Ibo Men dem sef. Always looking for new plot to make some quick bucks. wink
Pointnoire:

Necessity is the mother of creation they say , just what did this scientist create that was new or was not based on a known Platform,the one and only self propelled missile  ever built during the war was a failure as it came crashing into the spectators,or is it it the ogbunigwe which was a contraption made of Gun Powder and pieces of broken bottles and metals detonated by a burning fuse the best the scientist did in terms of Manufacturing a Rifle was scratching off serial numbers grin not a single bullet for a gun of that era was manufactured by the Biafrans 50 years later you ask for them to be absorbed,Into which Agency ?i am sure the Youngest amongst them should be like Seventy years Old embarassed
more than 20,000 worthless Nigerian souls were destroyed by the same ogbunigwe u so naively deride lol bros stop being a Arrow and appreciate the yet unrivaled ingenuity of the Igbo man!
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by seanet02: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2011
bankol18:

more than 20,000 worthless Nigerian souls were destroyed by the same ogbunigwe u so naively deride lol bros stop being a Arrow and appreciate the yet unrivaled ingenuity of the Igbo man!
Yeah we have never doubt their Ingenuity in kidnapping and Armed Robbery
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by kodewrita(m): 8:43am On Mar 10, 2011
The USA picked up german scientists because they produced state of the art weapons that were ahead of what they had.

A nigerian artillery round was more accurate and deadly than the ogbunigwe.

A skorpion tank was more deadly than the red devil and much safer for the crew inside.

We all hear about the people that the ogbunigwe killed but there are no statistics on the number of people that died trying to use a weapon based on raw gunpowder.

Yes they were ingenious in finding solutions but they did not produce anything we couldnt have bought easily with the oil money.

however, if the government had been forward looking THEN (they were not. thats why we are discussing this now) they would have simply absorbed and instituted a real research program instead of inventions based on necessity.

Pointnoire:

Necessity is the mother of creation they say , just what did this scientist create that was new or was not based on a known Platform,the one and only self propelled missile ever built during the war was a failure as it came crashing into the spectators,or is it it the ogbunigwe which was a contraption made of Gun Powder and pieces of broken bottles and metals detonated by a burning fuse the best the scientist did in terms of Manufacturing a Rifle was scratching off serial numbers grin not a single bullet for a gun of that era was manufactured by the Biafrans 50 years later you ask for them to be absorbed,Into which Agency ?i am sure the Youngest amongst them should be like Seventy years Old embarassed

+1 for your reply.

Absorbing them NOW is dumb. thats decades old tech in this age of UCAVs (Unmanned Combat Attack Vehicles), Smart munitions and Cruise missiles.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 10, 2011
bankol18:

u Arrow stop exuding your stupidity here, Igbos dwell in slums ke abi more like dirty yorubas who dwell in god-forsaken slums and stir their worthless soup with same brooms they use to sweep the gutters.
ode
who are the largest residents in Ajegunle ? No be ibo people ?
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Guyman02: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2011
~Bluetooth:

ode
who are the largest residents in Ajegunle ? No be ibo people ?

You keep blabbing sentiments and not issues based discussion.
The topic is about absorbing Biafran Scientists. Pls stick to the issue and stop derailing every thread. Even after the war, the ex-Biafrans despite their loss still tried to produce what many Nigerians who produce absolutely nothing but depend entirely on oil money from the Niger Delta termed substandard products and many Nigerians out of sentiment labeled it Aba- made to discourage patronage while opting for substandard goods that are below Aba standard from Taiwan. Its not about Igbos its about Nigerians.

The fact is that on a national scale, the opposition have not been able to unite to fight the much maligned PDP led by Obasanjo (most detribalised Yoruba leader).
Many Igbos in Lagos are members of the ACN and love BRF (afterall an Igbo son is one of the arrow heads of the BRF govt and the ACN Pub Secretary in Lagos Joe Igbokwe is Igbo).
Ngige is very popular in Anambra as a chieftain in ACN. But at the presidential level can ACN or CPC or ANPP defeat PDP with split votes among them without joining hands?.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Ikwikwikwi(m): 11:22am On Mar 10, 2011
@ Bluetooth or what ever you call your self, Your manners rightly confirms that you are from a lowly background, and your type can do better if they imbibe humility cultures. Unfortunately, you are destined to be very poor like your parents, and without manners at all. I will advise you to stop smoking your usual mosquito coil, may be some sanity may return to your poor brain. village animal
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by udezue(m): 11:25am On Mar 10, 2011
kodewrita:

The USA picked up german scientists because they produced state of the art weapons that were ahead of what they had.

A nigerian artillery round was more accurate and deadly than the ogbunigwe.

A skorpion tank was more deadly than the red devil and much safer for the crew inside.

We all hear about the people that the ogbunigwe killed but there are no statistics on the number of people that died trying to use a weapon based on raw gunpowder.

Yes they were ingenious in finding solutions but they did not produce anything we couldnt have bought easily with the oil money.

however, if the government had been forward looking THEN (they were not. thats why we are discussing this now) they would have simply absorbed and instituted a real research program instead of inventions based on necessity.

+1 for your reply.

Absorbing them NOW is dumb. thats decades old tech in this age of UCAVs (Unmanned Combat Attack Vehicles), Smart munitions and Cruise missiles.

lmaoooooo  grin grin You mean artillery from UK and Russia? LOL Nigerians couldn't produce slippers talkless of artilery rounds so stop deceiving yourselves. currently every car manufacturing company that have ever existed inNigeria or started by Nigerian na IGBO man wey get am. Sorry but you ppl are too dense.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by debosky(m): 11:31am On Mar 10, 2011
The Ogbunigwe with all its unwarranted fame was nothing more than an IED that threw up sharpnel in an attempt to affect low flying fighter jets or kill ground troops - are the Taliban now claiming to be creative geniuses for making IEDs? grin
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by gilgee(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2011
There would never be "One-Nigeria". The things I read on this forum speaks more about a better, divided Nigeria. I doubt if Nigeria will ever become a better place with this kind of tribalistic mentality. It's all about "my people, my tribe, my state", it has never been "our nation".

I reckon that Nigeria would do better if divided according to tribal distributions/regions. Saves that, if we are to be really honest, Nigeria is headed for doom. Economic prosperity is a million years away with the kind of mentality prevalent amongst this present generation, which most of the current leaders and political executives subscribe to and function with/by.

A nation divided against itself will never stand. It's either Nigeria divide or adopt true federalism. I believe either of these would reduce this unintelligent and backward mentality called tribalism.

It's become more and more frustrating!
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by kodewrita(m): 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2011
udezue:

lmaoooooo grin grin You mean artillery from UK and Russia? LOL Nigerians couldn't produce slippers talkless of artilery rounds so stop deceiving yourselves. currently every car manufacturing company that have ever existed inNigeria or started by Nigerian na IGBO man wey get am. Sorry but you ppl are too dense.
au contraire my friend, you are the dense one. we nigerians invented nothing, we bought them and WON. We thrashed your butts.

As debosky rightly said, the Taliban dont claim Nobel Prizes for IEDs so why should you base the entire pride of a race on a dangerously unsafe gunpowder contraption.

besides I guess you owned the Leyland plant in Ibadan or the Peugeot plant in Kaduna too or the Exide Car Battery plant too in Ibadan. Sorry you are mistaken. besides they are not car manufacturing plants but car assembly plants. nothing intellectual about that. rather than own such stuff, in the southwest, we own telecoms(GLo), Oil (Oando, Summit, Global Fleet, AP),Banks (FCMB, Wema), Shipping (Wahab Folawiyo), Entertainment (AIT), Hotels (Nicon) and lots more. No need to waste energy on gluing together rickety buses and trucks no one's buying. Sheesh.

Interestingly after Dangote, the top 3 billionaires in Nigeria are all Yoruba(Adenuga, Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim)
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Pointnoire(m): 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2011
Kodewrita Tell them like it is they asked for it, there were no Scientist in Biafra,if any the University doors were wide open after the civil war for them,to become research fellows,lecturers etc instead we had Indians and Filipinos snapping them up how does a scientist who meddled with Gunpowder measure up in the world of cruise missiles and plastic Explosives and at what age i ask again PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! nothing stops Kanu and a few well meaning Igbos from setting up an arms Factory and employing this Chaps last i know Gun-smithing is a legal profession in Nigeria as for the Igbos in this Forum its nothing personal you guys are known to be Enterprising so how come a search for this Pension scheme ?
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Afam4eva(m): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2011
I never knew Dokpesi was yoruba. I thought Dokpesi was from agenebode in edo state. I guess I was wrong. Yorubas also own nicon. What a great tribe.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by edeani: 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2011
FSTRANGLER3, PADDY U FOOL WHY DO U PICK ON ANYFIN IGBO ARE U INTIMIDATED BY THEIR ABILITY SAY THAT BRO , MAYBE WE MAY CONSIDER HELPING U OUT OF THIS UR DELIMA , JUST SO DISGUSTING ,
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by yarodin: 6:35pm On Mar 10, 2011
kodewrita:

au contraire my friend, you are the dense one. we nigerians invented nothing, we bought them and WON. We thrashed your butts.

As debosky rightly said, the Taliban dont claim Nobel Prizes for IEDs so why should you base the entire pride of a race on a dangerously unsafe gunpowder contraption.

besides I guess you owned the Leyland plant in Ibadan or the Peugeot plant in Kaduna too or the Exide Car Battery plant too in Ibadan. Sorry you are mistaken. besides they are not car manufacturing plants but car assembly plants. nothing intellectual about that. rather than own such stuff, in the southwest, we own telecoms(GLo), Oil (Oando, Summit, Global Fleet, AP),Banks (FCMB, Wema), Shipping (Wahab Folawiyo), Entertainment (AIT), Hotels (Nicon) and lots more. No need to waste energy on gluing together rickety buses and trucks no one's buying. Sheesh.

Interestingly after Dangote, the top 3 billionaires in Nigeria are all Yoruba(Adenuga, Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim)

So when you say "we" are you part owner of these companies? I am quite sure the answer is NO, I don't even think Adenuga and co freaking care if you exist.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by AljUche: 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2011
kodewrita:

no point for this

it has nothing to do with ethnicity

the FG should have done the right thing by employing them
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by fstranger3(m): 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^^

One rule in life, NEVER EMPLOY YOUR ENEMY

Its like sitting on a time bomb. Thats why we will never allow Ibos smell the air of Asorock, let alone occupy the #1 sit.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Pafuri(m): 1:12am On Mar 11, 2011
Biafran scientists, hen? What the phuck is that? Is this another 419? grin grin grin grin
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 11, 2011
i wonder why ndigbo belittle themselves by engaging in such stupid threads , my brothers never cease to amaze me, why pick fight with a mad man on the street especially one thats always waiting for you to pass by

Kanu wasted his time bringing up such topic to the nigerian govt.

anya ofu ndia nwe na ebe ndi igbo no na agbawuju mu anya
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by dayokanu(m): 1:36am On Mar 11, 2011
Maybe these scientists should first develop their home states.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Kilode1: 2:47am On Mar 11, 2011
bankol18:

u Arrow stop exuding your stupidity here, Igbos dwell in slums ke abi more like dirty yorubas who dwell in god-forsaken slums and stir their worthless soup with same brooms they use to sweep the gutters.

Na wa o!  cheesy

This guy is hatin' on Ewedu soup grin
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by ekubear1: 2:51am On Mar 11, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

One rule in life, NEVER EMPLOY YOUR ENEMY

Its like sitting on a time bomb. Thats why we will never allow Ibos smell the air of Asorock, let alone occupy the #1 sit.

I disagree. It is just. . . what did these guys have to offer, really?  undecided Isn't like poaching cutting edge nuclear physicists from Germany or something. Just some dudes who made bombs. Which isn't actually something novel or new.
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 11, 2011
Kilode?!:

Na wa o!  cheesy

This guy is hatin' on Ewedu soup grin

Are you minding. . . .is it our fault that their dirty apku is flatting their dough-filled head while in their mother's pouch?

Obe ewedu, na better thing o. . . cheiiii. Slap some ponmo and shaki on the side . . . .hallelujah  cheesy
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Kilode1: 2:59am On Mar 11, 2011
^^LOL

Keep talkin/cookin like that and Aare Musiwa will never let you leave the Kitchen. . . cheesy
Re: Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists by Nobody: 3:01am On Mar 11, 2011
BTW, Why cant the MASSOBs absorb the Biafran leftovers?
Must Nigerians do everything for this Biafrans? Shebi una get the most suberp brain that can translate the motion of mars into the amount of apku on someone's plate, then una can absorb una apku scientists into fixing up Igboland. No be so? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Just Look At What I Saw on AIT Television (pics) / Former President Buhari Spotted Taking A Walk At His Daura Home (Pics/vid) / Old Age Not A Respecter Of Wealth--IBB Now Uses A Walking Stick!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.