Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,260 members, 7,936,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:58 AM

Strike: N30bn To be Shared Between ASUU, Nasu, Ssanu, Others — Fg - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: N30bn To be Shared Between ASUU, Nasu, Ssanu, Others — Fg (3461 Views)

Strike: Ibrahim Gambari Wades In, Summons ASUU, NASU, Others / Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture / SSANU, NASU, NAAT Demand N30bn To End Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: N30bn To be Shared Between ASUU, Nasu, Ssanu, Others — Fg by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2020
sreamsense:

You are missing the points behind my submission! Is it today you just heard about ASSU hiding under canopy of senators are collecting N1 billion per month to neglect their responsibilities and fight for their selfish ends? Do you have verifiable evidence provable at law court that they collect N120 billions ? Or you are just one of the people that just falls for any unverified fake information?

If ASUU members and you yourself find yourself at national assembly, will you speak like this ? Human beings including myself are too selfish, we only like to apply logic to envy others when things are not favouring us. ASUU are hiding under senators are collecting this and that to attract gullible sympathies?

What of other who never even get any job? Can ASUU allow government to reduce retiring ages of their members from 75, 70 years to 70,65 years respectively so that more youths can get employed as lecturers? Can some of them volunteer to resign to give way to more youths to take up lecturing if they are really fighting for youths? After all they usually say they are fighting for students(youths).

They will never agree because everyone is selfish and because that one does not favour their selfish ends? Life poses different choices, if ASUU thinks, senatorial jobs are more lucrative to them, they should go and join politics, is a matter of choice. Professors are in politics, engineers are there, doctors are there, is a matter of choice.

They can't continue to hide under that statement to paralys school activities and at the end of the day graduate unemployable and unskillful graduates to the societies who after life frustrations, some of them will become terrors that follow backdoor to bite us all
Bro you are talking as if u don't know the country you are frm, it's obvious u don't know that Nigerian senators are paid more than all other senators worldwide?

and I will honestly tell you dat no, I'm not greedy and I'm not like others out there, if the senators are paid handsomely then lectures/professors shouldn't be left out, hv you wondered why there is a rot in tertiary institutions nationwide? that's because of the government squandering money meant for developing schools, take a look at small Ghana, you can see how standard their Federal government universities are and compare to that of Nigeria and u will saddened, I'm not even talking of that of South Africa oh, you should know that

I hv a friend that's lecturing in a federal government institution in the north, he has a doctorate degree, when I tell him how he's enjoying, he complains that the money they are paying isn't enough, even with his qualifications.
and this same guy is someone that works so hard and at the end of the month they don't pay him What he wants, so imagine if they pay him through IPPIS, it will be worse than that
before the Covid pandemic he has been looking for private university he can lecture so that he can make more money to satisfy his needs, lectures too are facing alot, that's why am supporting ASUU, let the government settle them so that they can call of the strike
Re: Strike: N30bn To be Shared Between ASUU, Nasu, Ssanu, Others — Fg by hoyinmide(m): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
Honestly please its okay..please.
Re: Strike: N30bn To be Shared Between ASUU, Nasu, Ssanu, Others — Fg by hoyinmide(m): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
Make ASUU even do normal e no good na
Re: Strike: N30bn To be Shared Between ASUU, Nasu, Ssanu, Others — Fg by sreamsense: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Bro you are talking as if u don't know the country you are frm, it's obvious u don't know that Nigerian senators are paid more than all other senators worldwide?

and I will honestly tell you dat no, I'm not greedy and I'm not like others out there, if the senators are paid handsomely then lectures/professors shouldn't be left out, hv you wondered why there is a rot in tertiary institutions nationwide? that's because of the government squandering money meant for developing schools, take a look at small Ghana, you can see how standard their Federal government universities are and compare to that of Nigeria and u will saddened, I'm not even talking of that of South Africa oh, you should know that

I hv a friend that's lecturing in a federal government institution in the north, he has a doctorate degree, when I tell him how he's enjoying, he complains that the money they are paying isn't enough, even with his qualifications.
and this same guy is someone that works so hard and at the end of the month they don't pay him What he wants, so imagine if they pay him through IPPIS, it will be worse than that
before the Covid pandemic he has been looking for private university he can lecture so that he can make more money to satisfy his needs, lectures too are facing alot, that's why am supporting ASUU, let the government settle them so that they can call of the strike

Why some of your points may sound good, I never agree with you on some terms. You can't keep comparing middle-class father to Dangote/Otedola based on their responsibilities to their children financially. Each father will finance his children based on his pocket and how much he can afford on daily basis.

Some of your points on government squandering money are based on emotional common outbursts without verifiable data that are provable at law courts or that you can tender to EFCC to purse the case. If your assertion is true on that, even PDP will be the first to drag government to court.

As good as it sounds, what is population of Ghana and South Africa? Ghana is like size of Lagos alone while South Africa is like combining Lagos and Kano population. Their GDPs are good, so they are rich because they have less population to spend money on. What is Nigeria GDP comparing to our huge population alone?

If money is there in Nigeria as you assumed why are we borrowing to do certain things? Why are governors unable to pay their workforce N18,000 minimum wage until they wait for federal allocation? It is not because they are wicked, but some of the states are not really capable?

How many states can pay their workers for one year with their IGR alone without support from federal allocation? If employer tells you how much she can pay you, if you are satisfied, stay otherwise, leave. If public universities are sold out to private investors, will ASUU still get power to dictate to their private employers?

To be candid, there is no patriotism on ASUU side, they see Nigeria as national cake that must be shared equally. How much senator collect is overrated and exaggerated. We dwell too much on assumption without verifiable data just to prove a point.

And even if they collect that, it is elective position, ASUU members are parts of people that elected them and they are also qualify academically to go to where they assumed money is. Population of lecturers alone is huge not to talk of other workforce. Where do you want government to get that kinds of money on factual note?

You can't blame government alone for decaying in education sector. Lots of problems are from ASUU members. It is not about what federal government can afford to spend on education just like father illustration above, it is about how well can ASUU judiciously account for how the little money is spent to produce quality graduates on yearly basis.

Even if government pays each lecturer N5000000 millions on monthly basis, with these sets of structure and lecturers in our higher institutions, nothing we change for better

When government comes for departmental accreditation in the universities via NUC visitation panel to find out what they lack and what should be provided, it is the same ASUU lecturers that usually compromise and sabotage government efforts.

Many department will go and borrow equipment they never had to deceive government that their department lack nothing, but they will come later to blame government and front it when it comes to negotiating salary.

Some of them admitted students more than available equipment, but when government comes for accreditation, they will tell students with certain matric numbers to show up in school while over admitted students will be told to stay back at home during accreditation. Are those observations alone not contributing to higher percentage to the rots you and I observed in education than problems emanating from government?

Some of them will ensure professors and lecturers sons and daughters graduated with first class and upper just to retain them as lecturers. Is that alone not a problem? Even retaining first class students without industrial experiences first is worse and causing parts of the rots in our education sector. You can't give what you don't have. How will you be training students to go to industries where you yourself as lecturers have never worked even for one day?

Even, some modern equipment government purchased into the labs and workshops, how many lecturers and technologists can handle them since many of them never had industrial and updating experiences? They usually lock up modern equipment for accreditation but never to teach students. How is education not going to be rotten even worse than government financial contribution?

If you have time, carry out your personal research, enter any class and seat in the class or hang around the vicinity to listen to two hours lectures from so many lecturers. You will discover that many of them don't even know how to teach and transfer knowledge into younger generation.

It is very hard nowadays to see 3-lecturers that are very competent and can transfer their knowledge to younger generation and government is wasting money paying these people turning out unemployable and unskillful graduates into labour markets. What is advantage of a professor that can not transfer his/her knowledge to younger generation before he/she dies or retire from service?

Is it not just a waste if money on part of government? Even tangible researches that are acceptable or that can attract funds from industrial sectors, they can't do. What they can do best is to negotiate salary increment and their entitlements from government and expect government to waste more funds on their unproductive ventures.

If I were president today, believe me, is the first area, I will need to restructure. I know they won't allow me for second tenure, but that first term, I will lay off many and pay them off, and introduce new system of recruitment into lecturing that will not emphasis only on academic qualifications and journal publication only

Mr brother, believe me, ASUU is not sincere about their agitation to improve education sector. They only normally front it whenever they are agitating for salary or benefits from government to make it look as if they are serious about improvement to deceive gullible people and attract unmerited sympathies.

1 Like

Re: Strike: N30bn To be Shared Between ASUU, Nasu, Ssanu, Others — Fg by Richiez(m): 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

Be guided!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Admission Form Now Out / What Is The Best Maths,physics And Chemistry Textbook / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g News!!! ASUU Call Off D Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.