Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,847 members, 7,889,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official (525 Views)

Tension As Gun Men Abduct Lagos Govt Official In Ikorodu / Adamawa: Fintiri Declares Curfew As Residents Loot Govt Warehouses / Aguda House : Official Residence Of The Nigerian Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official by ijustdey: 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kaduna residents residing in the Southern part of the Kaduna metropolis broke into a house allegedly owned by the Commissioner for Planning and Budget, Thomas Gyang, and carted away cartons of food items suspected to be Covid-19 palliatives.

Also, angry youths attempted to enter the famous Queen Amina College, Kaduna but they were resisted by the police.

The two attacks happened separately when women and youths attacked these two places in the afternoon.

One of the youths who carted away two mattresses at the top official’s residence, told Tribune Online that, “we were told that there is a warehouse here. So we mobilised and stormed the house.

“So on arrival, we discovered it was a very big store which had some many food items and mattresses.”

According to him, “people are hungry, there is poverty in the land and many of us have graduated and we have no work.”

He told Tribune Online that “Some of the items have palliative boldly written on them, which he said were meant to be shared to commoners. “Unfortunately, he decided to keep them in his house.”

More findings by Tribune Online indicated that Items looted included hundreds of bags of rice (5kg), cartons of spaghetti, macaroni, seasoning cubes, and so on.

Another eyewitness told Tribune Online that when the angry mob stormed the commissioner’s residence, the commissioner and members of his family had all run for safety.

As at the time of filing the report the commissioner could not be reached for confirmation.

A neighbour of the commissioner where Kaduna residents loot, who pleaded for anonymity remarked that news of the impending attack came to them before the mob stormed the building.

“I had to also evacuate my family before the attack,” he declared.

However, at the Queen Amina College, hundreds of residents wanted to gain entrance on the pretence that there is a warehouse. But a staff of the college who pleaded for anonymity remarked that what we have is a store.

Findings were that policemen who were drafted to the scene had a hectic time in containing the mob.

Meanwhile, Kaduna State government has imposed curfew in parts of Chikun and Kaduna South Local Government Areas of the state where Kaduna residents loot.

The was contained in a statement issued by the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan on Saturday.

The statement maintained that “Kaduna State Government has declared 24-hour curfew in some communities in Kaduna South and Chikun Local Government areas, effective immediately.

“The areas are Barnawa, Kakuri, and Television in Kaduna South Local Government Area and Maraban Rido, Sabon Tasha, Narayi and Ungwan Romi of Chikun Local Government Area.

“Security agencies have been directed to arrest and prosecute any found violating the curfew and those responsible for the breakdown of law and order.

“Security agencies have further been directed to effect the arrest and prosecution of anyone found looting and destroying properties.

“Kaduna strongly condemns the concerted incitement being done on social media. The government appeals to all our communities to reject incitement and resist the attempt to create chaos and anarchy.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/covid-19-palliatives-kaduna-residents-loot-residence-of-top-govt-official/

Lalasticlala
Re: Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
All those supporting the looting of innocent or allegedly guilty people simply because they are "politicians" or "wealthy" or "in power" instead of allowing the law to take its cause will soon have their own share of the anarchy.

The consequence is the domino effect it will result in. Those looting and destroying things DO NOT LOVE YOU.. They don't give a rat's ass whether you survive or not. They are opportunists. They are Machiavellians.. They'll loot your business if the opportunity comes.

I have been WARNING my brothers and sisters about this, both directly and indirectly, but some of them have refused to listen. Instead, they unleashed all manner of disgusting things on me for daring to speak the truth. This same thing happened when I warned against continuing with the protest after the government's prompt response. But God has vindicated me. Everything I said has happened.

Now, I am here with another WARNING.. PLEASE my brothers and sisters, let's desist from aiding and abetting this nonsense currently going on. Let's condemn ALL looters and arsonists, irrespective of who they are looting or whose properties they are destroying. If we don't distance ourselves from their evil activities, they'll turn to the poor, due to the domino effect..

Some dark-hearted politicians have also taken advantage of this wanton activity to settle political scores. We shouldn't give them that enabling environment to thrive.

Enough is enough! Let's put an end to this madness!

May God guide us.

TecM0:
After the palliative have been completely looted, next is people's business and homes,

The insatiable urge to loot never stops until they land in jail

My brother, God bless you for this. Unfortunately, most Nigerians hate the truth. They'll accuse you of supporting politicians or people in government, but little do they know.. Little do they know that once the looters are done with the rich and tasteless, we, the poor, are the next..

Please it's high time we began to criticize it. No matter what, we SHOULD NEVER DEFEND LOOTERS AND ARSONISTS.. Enough is enough!

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
These people go create problem, but everyone go suffer am.. 24 hours curfew everywhere cos of the activities of these so called hoodlums. Sadly, the people are supporting their atrocities because they hate the government.

These Warehouse Miners go face us poor people once they're done with the rich. Please let's condemn their activities and withdraw our support.

Nigeria go better, but not in this manner o
Re: Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official by Born2Breed(f): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
The poor are now eating the politicians.
Re: Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official by ruffhandu: 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
This is getting serious. E don reach their houses. Hmn.
Re: Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official by TecM0: 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
SilverNorGold:
All those supporting the looting of innocent or allegedly guilty people simply because they are "politicians" or "wealthy" or "in power" instead of allowing the law to take its cause will soon have their own share of the anarchy.

The consequence is the domino effect it will result in. Those looting and destroying things DO NOT LOVE YOU.. They don't give a rat's ass whether you survive or not. They are opportunists. They are Machiavellians.. They'll loot your business if the opportunity comes.

I have been WARNING my brothers and sisters about this, both directly and indirectly, but some of them have refused to listen. Instead, they unleashed all manner of disgusting things on me for daring to speak the truth. This same thing happened when I warned against continuing with the protest after the government's prompt response. But God has vindicated me. Everything I said has happened.

Now, I am here with another WARNING.. PLEASE my brothers and sisters, let's desist from aiding and abetting this nonsense currently going on. Let's condemn ALL looters and arsonists, irrespective of who they are looting or whose properties they are destroying. If we don't distance ourselves from their evil activities, they'll turn to the poor, due to the domino effect..

Some dark-hearted politicians have also taken advantage of this wanton activity to settle political scores. We shouldn't give them that enabling environment to thrive.

Enough is enough! Let's put an end to this madness!

May God guide us.

My brother, God bless you for this. Unfortunately, most Nigerians hate the truth. They'll accuse you of supporting politicians or people in government, but little do they know.. Little do they know that once the looters are done with the rich and tasteless, we, the poor, are the next..

Please it's high time we began to criticize it. No matter what, we SHOULD NEVER DEFEND LOOTERS AND ARSONISTS.. Enough is enough!

God bless Nigeria.

My brother let them call us whatever due to their own ignorance but my Conscience is clear and if we don't speak we join in their punishment one way or the other

Just look at what they turned Sega links page into because he decided to speak the truth even as a PDP apologists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:

My brother let them call us whatever due to their own ignorance but my Conscience is clear and if we don't speak we join in their punishment one way or the other

Just look at what they turned Sega links page into because he decided to speak the truth even as a PDP apologists

My brother, that's the problem. We go follow face the consequences. This isn't right. I don't care if they attack me, tbh. I go continue dey speak my mind.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official by blazepascal(m): 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lucky dat he escaped dem for deal with am eeh
Re: Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official by BlowYourMind: 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
Good move
Re: Covid-19 Palliatives: Kaduna Residents Loot Residence Of Top Govt Official by IJOBA2: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2020
THIS IS WHAT OUR LOOTNANT YOUTHS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE DOING INSTEAD OF LOOTING AN ORDINARY NIGERIAN SHOPS.

(1) (Reply)

Why Engagement With Youths Has To Be Transparent & Honest, By Osinbajo / The Nigeria Police Force: Typical Sars’ Operation; As Captured At Awkuzu / My Bad Experience At Nafdac's Office In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.